Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

So when Sal mentioned the Catholic service was "just an hour," I kind of feel like I know where he's coming from.  (FTR, I am not African-American and was raised in traditional Protestant churches where deviation from the printed program rarely happened, and there was a lot of throat-clearing, coughing, and pointed looks at watches if the service went a minute or two longer than one hour.  But I have a lot of friends with different church-going habits and I like church-exploring.)

I'm no longer Catholic but was VERY devout for my first two decades.  I was surprised to learn that one of my best friends goes to Mass, to Communion...and then just keeps walking back down the aisle and out of the church because she doesn't like that "Mass takes almost a hour these days."   Doesn't seem right somehow.

I was raised Catholic--Baptism, Catholic school with mass every day, except Saturday. An hour is typical.  During the summer, usually 40 minutes average without A/C or very limited A/C in larger buildings. I no longer practice but I go to Sunday mass with my 92 year old father when I visit him several times a year.  Last week, I went with him, and a missionary nun did a longer than usual talk about her work, (I did check my watch, and my sister with me said she fell asleep, and even my dad complained that she went on and on. It was about an hour exactly, but for summer, that's a lot. 

(edited)

goes to Mass, to Communion...and then just keeps walking back down the aisle and out of the church because she doesn't like that "Mass takes almost a hour these days."

I've seen many people do this. In reality there's not much time after that so I really don't get the point. To beat traffic, maybe?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

So, sequinned top, Girlfriends pray?   And bounce their boobs around to get noticed?  I hate Sherri. 

ALso, some of the women I have known who have big boobs, naturally, would also reference them frequently, like we didn't notice, and make comments about them.  IDK, what the deal is.  Insecurity.  Lack of self-esteem except for body parts?  Give me a break. 

Walking out after communion was pretty common in my church too back in the day.  I dont know now, cuz we sit near the front.  But attendance has dropped off so much, that attendance has become more of a social thing for elderly people and relligious for those needing spiritual succor. 

BTW, there have been petitions to remove the priest at this parish several times cuz he's a dud--not responsive to parishoners mostly, and incredibly boring as a talker/spiritual leader. People are still loyal to this church cuz of cultural/spiritual/neighborhood reasons.

Here's the shirt explanation:

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 12m 
My t-shirt @GirlfriendsPray was created by @DeeCMarshall  pic.twitter.com/Vev9vOA0mH - thank you for my girlfriends whose prayers cover me!

To beat traffic, maybe?

Ginger90, I think you've hit the nail on the head--at least where my friend is concerned. Worship God and get the hell outta there!  We're in our 70s, yet she HAS to be the first to arrive*, and the first to leave almost everywhere.  Being on a plane with her is misery.  If she were a large woman she'd be knocking people down.

*Sometimes if a group of us is going to lunch another friend and I will arrive ten minutes early--just to beat her...and sometimes we don't!  

• Love 2
(edited)

Did anyone else find it odd how both Sherri and Jenny were not only pro gun but pro killing?

edit:

And Jenny said it was "impossible" for her son go get her gun. She seemed naive

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 3
(edited)

Would it have killed Sherri to say Lara's name correctly?  Sherri, "Oh, Laura's gettin mad. Laura's gettin mad.". As she bopped up and down, hands flying. Dumb ass.

Wicker basket vs intruder (there was no intruder) again.

Mom dying of "diabetic complications", living for Jeffrey, again.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4

Sherri kept saying, "We don't know the whole story," re:Ray Rice.  PULLEEZZE.  We have eyes, we can see the video.  WTF?   Why type of story would support the situation of a large man knocking out a (unarmed) small woman?  Seriously.   Sherri took a line from Whoppi which is just wrong. Disgusting.

• Love 3

I hate when the View discusses domestic violence.  Whoopi and Sherri both always have the same take on it.  They IMO more or less excuse the man because "we don't know the whole story."  Some people might disagree with me but I think Whoopi and Sherri's point of view is race related.  In my own personal life I have known African American women who didn't blink twice when the subject was a black man hitting his significant other.

• Love 1

Did anyone else find it odd how both Sherri and Jenny were not only pro gun but pro killing?

edit:

And Jenny said it was "impossible" for her son go get her gun. She seemed naive

The country is full of responsible gun owners. I see them on the evening news every day. :)

• Love 3

Sherri has stated that she was in an abusive relationship (same guy that went to prison, I don't know if that's why though). To me, her take on it during discussions is strange.

• Love 2

Sherri kept saying, "We don't know the whole story," re:Ray Rice.  PULLEEZZE.  We have eyes, we can see the video.  WTF?   Why type of story would support the situation of a large man knocking out a (unarmed) small woman?  Seriously.   Sherri took a line from Whoppi which is just wrong. Disgusting.

I was just going to post this! I think she is channeling Whoopi (also with the gun reference and the hand/sound gesture). Remember before her big defense was LexiMyCaneCorso).

Also equally annoying was her sqwawking "The court of public opinion..." "The court of public opinion..." I got the impression she wasn't sure what her stance was and was just repeating something someone told her to say.

Her alarm went off and she immediately ran to her son's room to hide? Why? Was it an intruder or false alarm? What happened? Wish she had told us who it was. Personally the idea of Sherri having a gun is terrifying. Not because she's would be a great defender, but she just doesn't seem to have common sense

And Jenny having her home broken into by "many people..."? Why is my BS detector going off?

I just don't buy their stories - I feel they are a bit contrived, like these actresses are reading from scripts, playing a part here.

Ugh. Maxim. Can't stand him.  Good dancer but too arrogant for my taste.

• Love 3

Also equally annoying was her sqwawking "The court of public opinion..." "The court of public opinion..." I got the impression she wasn't sure what her stance was and was just repeating something someone told her to say.

I think Sherri knows if she comes down on the "wrong" side of an issue the court of public opinion might have a negative opinion of her.  She no longer has that cushy job at the View anymore.  Any new employer might think twice about hiring someone with Sherri's penchant for saying stupid/offensive/ignorant things.

I have a couple of friends who are responsible gun owners (with children).  Because they are responsible gun owners, they keep the guns in a locked cabinet with the key out of reach of their kids; they keep the ammo in a separate cabinet, with the key also out of reach of the kids.  I don't quite know how this protects them from intruders.  They admit that it would take a while to collect the keys and go to both cabinets and get the gun and ammo and load.  

I think Sherri borrows some of her stories from EH, and some from Whoopi.  Some of them she just makes up.

• Love 4

Sherri advertised today's show like this:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   Jul 26   

Coming to say goodbye to me @theviewtv ... July 29 ... my baby @iamValC & family for life @MaksimC ... how much do I love these two!

Maybe I missed it but I didn't hear or see anything related to Sherri leaving, not even the staged flowers like Barbara. 

Was it an intruder or false alarm? What happened?

False alarm and a bunch of nonsense.

I am all for responsible gun ownership.... Jenny and Sherri do no scream responsible in their persona. My issue with guns are how so many "accidents" are brushed aside... even if people get killed. It is my stance that there is no such thing as an accident. There are irresponsible shootings, there are irresponsible gun owners, but very seldom is there consequences in those irresponsible shootings.

• Love 4
(edited)

I was also really annoyed at Sherri's squawking about the Ray Rice assault , claiming that he wasn't prosecuted or some such crap. He was prosecuted, he was charged with felony assault, but he negotiated a deal where he did Anger Management classes in exchange for a dismissal of charges. So apparently the police and the DA, who do know what happened, believed it was assault. He wasn't exonerated, he made a deal. The minimal amount of research by their crack staff could have told them that.

Edited by marny
  • Love 10

Sherri advertised today's show like this:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   Jul 26   

Coming to say goodbye to me @theviewtv ... July 29 ... my baby @iamValC & family for life @MaksimC ... how much do I love these two!

Maybe I missed it but I didn't hear or see anything related to Sherri leaving, not even the staged flowers like Barbara. 

False alarm and a bunch of nonsense.

Someone reported that her "goodbye" show will be aired on Monday.... they are probably taping it today

Someone reported that her "goodbye" show will be aired on Monday.... they are probably taping it today

According to dear Sherri:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   17h   

@iluvthesun Yes I will be done w @TheViewtv on Aug 7 ... my last day but please watch my farewell show on Aug 11... #7yrsofjoy

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   7h   

@GospelMusic my farewell show w amazing & anointed @Donnieradio @YolandaAlive @kirkfranklin @ArsenioHall will air Aug 11 - be sure to watch

• Love 1

I was also really annoyed at Sherri's squawking about the Ray Rice assault , claiming that he wasn't prosecuted or some such crap. He was prosecuted, he was charged with felony assault, but he negotiated a deal where he did Anger Management classes in exchange for a dismissal of charges. So apparently the police and the DA, who so know what happened, believed it was assault. He wasn't exonerated, he made a deal. The minimal amount of research by their crack staff could have told them that.

She did say there was a "pre trial intervention"

• Love 1

She did say there was a "pre trial intervention"

Thanks Roger.

I did not know what that was so I looked it up.

Per Google: "Pretrial intervention is a form of supervision appropriate for some first offenders. It gives defendants a way to atone for their transgressions without many of the lingering effects of a deferred adjudication or conviction."

"Ravens running back Ray Rice has been accepted into a pretrial intervention program, which means that he will avoid prosecution -- and possible jail time -- in his felony aggravated assault case, the pressofAtlanticCity.com reported Tuesday."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24568125/ray-rice-to-enter-pretrial-intervention-program-avoid-jail-time

Let me be clear: this was his right to apply and accepted into the program. However, doing so is a means to avoid trial and prosecution and have the felonious charge dismissed. If Sherri made light of this or suggested there was nothing to prosecute him or that the police saw nothing to convict him, she was being  a bit shortsighted, ignorant or dishonest (If that was what she was saying - it was hard to follow her train of thought today as she was all over the place).

• Love 1

Thanks Roger.

I did not know what that was so I looked it up.

Per Google: "Pretrial intervention is a form of supervision appropriate for some first offenders. It gives defendants a way to atone for their transgressions without many of the lingering effects of a deferred adjudication or conviction."

"Ravens running back Ray Rice has been accepted into a pretrial intervention program, which means that he will avoid prosecution -- and possible jail time -- in his felony aggravated assault case, the pressofAtlanticCity.com reported Tuesday."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24568125/ray-rice-to-enter-pretrial-intervention-program-avoid-jail-time

Let me be clear: this was his right to apply and accepted into the program. However, doing so is a means to avoid trial and prosecution and have the felonious charge dismissed. If Sherri made light of this or suggested there was nothing to prosecute him or that the police saw nothing to convict him, she was being  a bit shortsighted, ignorant or dishonest (If that was what she was saying - it was hard to follow her train of thought today as she was all over the place).

Thanks for sharing this Stacee...... I doubt the entire story will come out.... the police say they have more footage but it was never released to the public..... She was arrested too at the beginning..... although those charges were dropped.... I wonder if that was part of his plea deal.

All in all it was a terrible event which no one can justify.

• Love 3

I know we can't see what happened in the elevator, so my own "court of opinion" is just that, only my opinion. But the part we did see, him dragging the woman's unconscious body on the floor, is all I need to know about this man's moral character. So while he did manage to take a deal and not have to go to prison, he shouldn't be eligible to play for the NFL. At a certain point these owners and managers have to stand up to the players who are abusing their girlfriends, driving drunk, and choosing to inflict harm on other players (beyond the bounds of this very violent game.) 

• Love 6
(edited)

So many great and thoughtful comments regarding the gun conversation. I'm going to jump in.

I have always wondered how you can keep you guns and ammo safe and separately locked up and then get to them in time to make a difference in a break in situation.  I support responsible guns owners who all store and lock the guns and ammo properly and separately.  I even know one who partially breaks the guns down prior to locking them up - he has a couple of pre teens.

My understanding is that unless you are combat trained or have trained as a cop, your chance of being able to control the adrenaline rush, get the gun, assess the situation clearly and accurately and then fire accurately is very, very slim.   Shooting at a range, while a lot of fun, is very different from a real life, real time scary situation.

I would not want to be anywhere near Sherri when she has a gun and feels threatened!

Jenny's story just seemed off.

I thought I heard Lara Spencer say she told the producers that she did not feel as if she had the full story - I think she was resisting giving an opinion - when she said that everyone else on the panel chimed in with the same opinion.

Edited by kaygeeret
  • Love 5

I know any of our homes could be invaded by a crazed gun man, but I think if you are in public eye you have more of a chance of attracting a stalker or wacko. Security companies will work with anyone to provide perimeter weakness analysis, alarms, home systems and safe rooms, trained pets, training, etc. to help celebrities ( or anyone) feel safer. Sherrie and Jenny may well,have had past instances that have made them feel vulnerable - a gun is not necessarily the first option but if that's one thing they choose hopefully they have proper training. When Sherri sells the house she should probably move into a secure building or gated community for peace of mind.

So guys from dancing with the stars were on today? Shall we place bets on whether Jenny will be on that show in the next season or two?

• Love 3

I would not want to be anywhere near Sherri when she has a gun and feels threatened!

I can't even imagine, I really can't. Are we to believe  that she went and got a gun since her alarm went off? "Two 100lb dogs" who will protect, we are told, a gun and Jeffrey. No words.

• Love 4

It creeps me out anytime he posts about the baby because of how fixated he seems to be by the fact that it's a boy. That tweet was worded weirdly. It would have come across better if he had said "I'm on baby watch.  Baby L.J. will be here sometime this week. After 43 years I'm finally going to have my first child." or something like that. 

• Love 4

Sal @SalfromtheD 

I'm on baby watch.  Baby L.J. will be here sometime this week.  After 43 years I finally have a son.  My first child… Life is GREAT!

Gosh, he won't shut up. Guess life will be great with Sherri's money.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was thinking the same thing, Kaygeeret--especially watching her flail her hands, arms, hair and head around today--she has no idea of personal space or how she handles her physical self.  I don't think I want to be near her when she has a gun and feels peaceful.  Also, I think she simply stole Whoopi's comments and pump-action simulationabout her own weapon.  My husband inherited his grandfather's rifle (an antique) and we hid it from the kids.  They didn't even know we had it until...until there was a break-in.  My son came home (10 years old) from school alone, saw there had been a break-in and called me at work.   One of the first things he said is, "Grandpa's gun is still here."   Kids are going to find 'em.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 6

It creeps me out anytime he posts about the baby because of how fixated he seems to be by the fact that it's a boy. That tweet was worded weirdly. It would have come across better if he had said "I'm on baby watch.  Baby L.J. will be here sometime this week. After 43 years I'm finally going to have my first child." or something like that. 

Yeah, he doesn't want just any child. I guess a daughter would have been a disappointment? I know people have preferences in their heart but they most don't talk about it so openly. I really wish there was some way to keep this child away from his grubby hands - can the surrogate change her mind and keep the baby? I understand her womb was "rented" but she must have some feelings for the baby she is about to deliver to the Oaf.

Or maybe Sherri will contest the whole agreement, and fight for the baby? 

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, he doesn't want just any child. I guess a daughter would have been a disappointment? I know people have preferences in their heart but they most don't talk about it so openly. I really wish there was some way to keep this child away from his grubby hands - can the surrogate change her mind and keep the baby? I understand her womb was "rented" but she must have some feelings for the baby she is about to deliver to the Oaf.

Or maybe Sherri will contest the whole agreement, and fight for the baby? 

I bet if a judge ruled that Lamar was the sole parent of the baby and had to support this baby all by himself, Lamar wouldn't be so thrilled about having his precious son.

If Lamar were deemed unfit or not having the child's best interest at heart (read: created baby for the sole purpose of Lamar draining Sherri's bank account); then maybe a judge could terminate all of Lamar's parental rights and the baby could be placed for adoption. The adoption would have to occur without any mention of Sherri having been involved to prevent adoptive families from trying to use the baby for a money grab.

This baby has been screwed over in the genetics/parent department and his life is being screwed over already and he's not even born yet. Poor little one.

Edited by Jiggle Billy
  • Love 3

Yeah, he doesn't want just any child. I guess a daughter would have been a disappointment? I know people have preferences in their heart but they most don't talk about it so openly.

Back in the 1980s  an ultrasound (not as clear or sophisticated as today) revealed that our first child (first grandchild for my Italian FIL) was a girl. My husband's face dropped. The tech said "You wanted to know" 

A later ultrasound corrected the initial misreading and my husband immediately stated "I was looking forward to "Daddy's little girl"  lol 

Sal doesn't seem as easygoing!

• Love 1
(edited)

So I guess we know Sal never accepted Jeffrey as his own. He was just some kid who lived in the house that Sherri paid for. I hope Jeffrey never considered him a father figure. I can't imagine what that kid is going thru. Sal certainly isn't the type to occasionally check in on Jeff.

Even to say " hey, miss you buddy".

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 3

So I guess we know Sal never accepted Jeffrey as his own. He was just some kid who lived in the house that Sherri paid for. I hope Jeffrey never considered him a father figure. I can't imagine what that kid is going thru. Sal certainly isn't the type to occasionally check in on Jeff.

Even to say " hey, miss you buddy".

funny coz that's what Jenny said Jim Carrey did with her son Evan, isn't it?  He met with Evan and explained to him that their breakup had nothing to do with him and all that.

• Love 1
(edited)

Even to say " hey, miss you buddy"

https://twitter.com/SalfromtheD/status/346422837185220608

Sherri had Sal's football jersey framed as a gift for his first Father's Day.

She later changed the story (reason for gift) when she shared it on the show.

Seems he has no idea what being a father means 

Glad Jeffrey doesn't have to deal with the baby being "the one and only son"

Edited by springtime

After 43 years I finally have a son.  My first child… Life is GREAT!

Gosh, he looks about 63 in the twitter picture.

He is not in good shape now so how is he going to keep up with a toddler when he is 44?

• Love 1
(edited)

Gosh, he looks about 63 in the twitter picture.

He is not in good shape now so how is he going to keep up with a toddler when he is 44?

Wendy Williams mentioned that on one of her shows - how he does not look his age. It was funny.

I truly hope he is lying or shaved off a few years of his real age. Because...damn.

Probably wouldn't be able to do anything about how childish he acts though

Him having the child he wanted is a beautiful thing. Having a new baby is so exciting.

But the circumstances surrounding this birth is what makes seeing all this so uncomfortable for me.

The guy was with Sherri a couple months ago, planning the arrival of the baby. They are now in the midst of a divorce, one that seems to be a bit messy. He does not want Sherri to have any rights, not see the baby or being involved in his life. Yet he wants her to adhere to a contract and support the child.

In the meantime, he's gleefully posting messages about baby showers, how excited he is "LJ" is on his way and how this will be HIS first son.

Damn, what a slap in the face that must be to Sherri since he was involved with Jeffrey for the past couple of years - she even gave him a "Father's Day gift so she must have looked at him as a father.

Personally, I'd take the $60,000 settlement (hell, it's probably $50,0000+ more than he came into the marriage), my son and go on my merry way. If the surrogacy cost is an issue, I'd maybe ask Sherri to pay a third of it (since she was part of the planning) and I'd be a parent and pay the rest

And if I were advising him, I'd suggest he stay off Twitter because he comes across as an ass.

I $ee what he $aw in her, still don't know what she saw in him.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 7

Sal is very close to and the godfather of his ex-girlfriend's little daughter.  I've always wondered if he is the child's real father and they chose to keep that fact a secret from Sherri.  Maybe she found out the truth in CA, and that precipitated the breakup.  This is pure speculation on my part, nothing more. 

• Love 1

Sal recently tweeted a "blast from the past" photo of himself. Wonder who the woman he is seated next to is and if it's a subtle slap to sherrie. Who is the woman he is seated next to? Is that the suspicious ex that he asked sherri to have as a bridesmaid in the wedding?

I $ee what he $aw in her, still don't know what she saw in him.

Sal was a man who was willing to be with Sherri.  Honestly I think it was that simple.  There was not a bunch of men beating a path to Sherri's door.  I 100% believe Sherri would have married any man who wanted to marry her.

In the meantime, he's gleefully posting messages about baby showers, how excited he is "LJ" is on his way and how this will be HIS first son.

Damn, what a slap in the face that must be to Sherri since he was involved with Jeffrey for the past couple of years - she even gave him a "Father's Day gift so she must have looked at him as a father.

I remember when Sherri and Sal first got married and she was talking about how they wanted to have a child together and her saying how badly Sal wanted a son.  Even then I was floored that it didn't matter to her that since marrying her Sal did have a son.  Her son, Jeffrey.  Even though Jeffrey had  his real father Sal was his stepfather.  At the time I assumed he would have acted like a dad in someway.  But clearly I was wrong.  The only dad-like thing we ever heard about was he helped Jeffrey with his homework once. 

And I thought about this, what if all the ultra-sounds were wrong and LJ turns out to be a girl?  What would Sal do?  Would he still want the baby?

• Love 1

funny coz that's what Jenny said Jim Carrey did with her son Evan, isn't it?  He met with Evan and explained to him that their breakup had nothing to do with him and all that.

If I'm remembering correctly, Carrey was very good to Evan, post-breakup, emotionally and financially. But after he finally eased himself out of their lives, Jenny bashed him publicly for abandoning Evan. Never mind the fact that, by their very nature, boyfriends are not family and the kid already had a father of his own. So, good luck, Donnie!

Topic: Sal is a human turd and Sherri should learn some hard lessons from her time with him and apply those lessons going forward. But she won't.

• Love 3