Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

Sherri spilled the beans that they don't have time to research and then pretended(?) to be late and breathless because she was "doing research."

Honestly the sheer jaw dropping stupidity of current show "leadership" is breathtaking as is the willingness of the panel to do whatever they are told - don't they have ANY discretion? Or self awareness?  How can they - the panel - be so blind as to not see how dumb production makes them look!

That entire opening set up was so stupid I almost turned it off then and there - of course I would have missed the joy of a new drinking game.

• Love 3
(edited)

You guys really must watch the first segment to see Sherri in full-blown hypocrite mode!!  What an idiotic moron!!  Then she's currying favour from Whoopi by falling all over her laughing.  A woman more phoney does.not.exist.  GAWD!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 3

Sherri has "pictures of Jeffrey in the shower and on the toilet.". Why?

She still doesn't get that no matter if a child is clothed or not in a picture online the picture is still online. She seems to have the thought that if they are clothed a pedophile won't bother??

I have some pictures of my kids, clothed, but one of them is a dancer I could see some flack for that, on my FB.  That said, they are set to friends only.

Shower and toilet?  That is the definition of madness.  

• Love 1

When we change our behavior because of what someone else might do then we have lost. People are proud of their kids and that is how it is supposed to be. So they share their photos. Isnt that why photos are taken?? I have news for the hosts... MOST people are not pedophiles. Photos are safe on line

• Love 1

I agree with Whoopi that the over-the-top protectiveness has to stop. Yes, as an 8 and 9 year old in the '50s my friends and I disappeared from sight for hours at a time. There were woods behind our house that were dense enough that you couldn't see what was going in the clearings from the outside.

There may be more news about predators now, but are they a new phenomenon? I doubt it, since most molesters know their victim. We just hear news about it now, since people have come forward to speak out.

When I was 6 in 1956 we moved to a new town. That same year there was a child abduction in our old town (toddler whose body was never recovered) and a infant kidnapping that made national news - the baby Peter Weinberger case - who was found dead in our new town. Did our parents get terrified everytime we were out of their sight?

Sherri -get a grip. Not everyone has the luxury to hire help or afford a summer camp for their child. And as you are a SINGLE MOTHER, as you tell us every day, stop the demonization of single mothers!

• Love 4

Sherri's latest.  It could be me but I don't find this to be very good advertisement. Just me? : http://instagram.com/p/qjc249oLia/

By the way, apparently she does still have both dogs and she wants us to know it. She tweeted that one dog was laying at the back door, the other at the front. "200lbs of love but if you're a stranger- teeth in your behind!"  It's all about weight with her. She used to include Sal's weight in her description of him too!

Sherri's latest.  It could be me but I don't find this to be very good advertisement. Just me? :

I agree, Ginger90.  I'm not seeing any mentions of her wig line, Zumba, Rocco, etc.  I guess this is her latest source of income.  I hope the company is happy; I certainy would NOT be.

Arizona didn't receive "THe View" today because of our Mountain Time Zone.  I've been watching the great coverage of the terrible plane crash tragedy all morning.

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree with Whoopi that the over-the-top protectiveness has to stop.

My sister, does this with her son with Aspergers.  It so complicates all of the issues it's horrifying.  It ruins most holiday family get togethers because he's allowed to uncontrollably melt down and we are just supposed to accept because it is what it is.  My kids are also neural atypical, but they don't do these things... anymore.  It's all rooted in her over protective nature and unwillingness to completely accept that her child will never be that perfect kid that her expectations were filled with. Jenny?  Is guilty of this as well - project blame everywhere while you deny the truth.  Good lord, I went through this with my spouse because I was way, WAY ahead of him, getting that there was a problem.

It is so complicated, but facing the reality of the situation, and meeting children where they are and asking them to be brave and do their best, is the best way.  I have a child that is so incredibly amazing as a human being, it makes me cry, and I anticipate that some day, my other child will finally catch up.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

To start off... I dont have kids so I have one of those "on the outside looking in" kind of opinion

Parents do this with all kids, not just special needs kids. My sister let her kids decide what they were going to eat and if they didn't want what everyone else wanted, well she would placate them. even to run to McDonalds so they wouldn't go hungry. Those kids grew up feeling they were better then everyone else, even other family members. My brother's kids were completely spoiled to where they would refuse to talk to people at family events. His daughter wasnt as bad as his son but they were both rude from being young kids. None of these kids were special needs but they were all products of poor parenting... but like I said this is just my opinion and Im pretty sure my siblings would have a different opinion than my observations.

• Love 2

One other thing..... way too many of our collective children are drugged up on personality control medications. Sometimes kids act up and the answer is not giving them drugs so they won't any more

This? Is a perfect example of you being on the outside - looking in with an opinion about something you have zero experience in.  Try to live my life and then come back and say that.  Children are under and over diagnosed and no family physician has any business using complicated prescriptive drugs in things they don't know shit about.

Exemplary and perfect.

• Love 1

This? Is a perfect example of you being on the outside - looking in with an opinion about something you have zero experience in.  Try to live my life and then come back and say that.  Children are under and over diagnosed and no family physician has any business using complicated prescriptive drugs in things they don't know shit about.

What?? Did you just belittle my opinion because I don't have kids.... then agree with the point of my comment??

I was not speaking specifically about your life or your children.... and I do agree with you that children are over diagnosed and over medicated.... that was the point of my comment.

• Love 5

Sherri's latest.  It could be me but I don't find this to be very good advertisement. Just me? : http://instagram.com/p/qjc249oLia/

By the way, apparently she does still have both dogs and she wants us to know it. She tweeted that one dog was laying at the back door, the other at the front. "200lbs of love but if you're a stranger- teeth in your behind!"  It's all about weight with her. She used to include Sal's weight in her description of him too!

I hate it when people choose dogs for the purpose of looking like a bad ass, with nary a thought as to the dog's needs. Or neighborhood safety. Of course I don't know for sure, but I think Sherri (and Sal) chose a Cane Corso for all the wrong reasons.

• Love 3

You clearly missed the part about under diagnosed.

No I did not miss that part, It was not part of my comment. There are some kids that do need medication for problems they have, although I think too often that is the first request from parents is to medicate.

Since you mentioned that I never lived your life.... or that I should not have an opinion because I don't have kids. Let me tell you where I'm coming from

When I was 7 years old I had seizures and was put on meds my entire life. After over 40 years of struggling to find $500 per month to pay for these drugs, and still having seizures I said no more..... and stopped taking the drugs. Imagine my surprise that when I stopped taking the meds the seizures stopped as well.

All of those years of being medicated where the problem was caused by the meds that were supposed to be helping. No doctor suggested the meds could be the problem... I even asked a couple of pharmacists and they had no clue.

So much of my life wasted because of being over medicated

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm legitimately sorry for your experience.  I understand why that colors your opinion.

What you don't know, or haven't experienced is children that are bored beyond their limit, that have to go to school where they can hear lights, literally, fluorescent lights buzz and they can hear them, deal with scratchy tags that drive them nuts, noise that makes it impossible to actually hear the teacher, troubles between children that challenge their sense of equity and justice... I could go on and on.

I'm not attacking you at all, know that. But kids like this?  Melt down when they finally come home and are amongst people they trust.  It's the only place they feel safe to loose it.  It's exceedingly difficult to deal with.  It's also very easy, to start blaming other things, instead of accepting and getting down in the reality of it and working with where they are.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 5

NextIteration I do understand your the issues you have to deal with even though I don't experience them. Children that you are speaking of are actually seen in a different light because there are so many who are over medicated. One thing I have noticed in my history as well as observations. Doctors don't want to remove meds that they prescribe.

They don't seem to mind adding more though

We seem to be getting off topic... Im glad we hashed this out  <3

• Love 1
(edited)

Doctors don't want to remove meds that they prescribe.

They don't seem to mind adding more though

We seem to be getting off topic... Im glad we hashed this out  <3

Again, because I'm incredibly informed and have looked forever for the answers, this is not my experience.  My daughter is bipolar, mostly unmedicated at the moment though previously heavily medicated, and very successful at a near Ivy school.

Her doctor feels she's doing fine, she only takes something to help with sleep.  We (doctor, daugther and I) are are all exceedingly aware that a mood stabilizer may need to be added back, but at this time it appears to not be needed.  Again, I'm sorry for your experience.  It's not mine.

This is, essentially why I can't stand Jenny or Sherri, they continue to present themselves as so incredibly uninformed about the brain issues, I just can't abide it.  Jenny, pulled all attention from mental illness as a whole, to autism, it makes me sick.  There are all kinds of issues that parents face.

This is why, I pray for Jeffrey and Evan.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 2

The best dog protectors in homes are dogs with deep barks that alert homeowners to suspicious activity inside or outside. Dog protectors are not trained to attack for no reason... otherwise grandma who comes to visit yearly would be bitten within an inch of her life based on those beliefs. If someone can't get the darn dog to exit the house when she expects it to (which is already eroneous but we've alreay written about that) good lord. Dogs aren't mind readers or psychics. And if they attack anything that moves that they don't know, welll grandma, you better skype instead of visit.

And puleez Sherri, don't have the false idea that even if your dog bit everything strange that moved, that you would be safe. Usually the bad guys are packing heat and have it at the ready. A dog is no match for that and can be taken out by the bad guys. Before it has time to sink its teeth in yo behind.

• Love 8

Again, I'm sorry for your experience.  It's not mine.

None of our experiences are the same.... that is why discussions about issues are such a good thing in a forum like this.... we all see the same issues from different perspectives

(edited)

Wigs are great- until you get hair extensions to endorse

https://www.facebook.com/ChooseFlawless/photos/a.198229306968857.25551.196528040472317/342151345909985/?type=1

As for this photo (referenced above)

Yancey Edwards is a hair dresser at the show- She may be helping him to find another gig as her time at the show winds down.

Edited by springtime

I think it is really dumb to brag about your "protection" dogs. People that want to do you harm should not know exactly what you have. It just makes them prepare for big dogs. Can Sherri go an entire day without saying something stupid? The world may never know.

• Love 5

I remember when Sherri was shocked, shocked I tell you, when she came home and Jeffrey has - wait for it - neighborhood friends playing in the house that she didn't know. Not sure if the unskilled nanny knew them - or the ass-biters.

• Love 1
(edited)

https://www.facebook.com/ChooseFlawless/photos/a.198229306968857.25551.196528040472317/342151345909985/?type=1

Yancey Edwards is a hair dresser at the show- She may be helping him to find another gig as her time at the show winds down.

On that Instagram photo Sherri posted, the hairstylist posted this:

yanceyedwards

@weavesonthego

It links to this Instagram account:  http://instagram.com/weavesonthego

As far as Sherri in that photo? She looks like a woman pushing 50 who is desperately trying to appear as if she's in her 20's. Not fooling alone...but herself, maybe.

ETA:

s0tosYw.png

Edited by LuckyBitch
I think it is really dumb to brag about your "protection" dogs. People that want to do you harm should not know exactly what you have. It just makes them prepare for big dogs.

I'm not even close to being an amateur criminal (yet), but I think if I brought two LARGE hunks of meat...say rump roast, and dropped them on the floor as I quietly broke into the house, LexiMyCaneCorso, Sherri's obvious favorite because she's a more menacing breed, would start drooling and eating.  She would completely forget I was there because Sherri and Sal didn't provide adequate training.

• Love 8

Ginger90, I'm getting closer and closer to getting a Twitter account so I can ask stupid questions of Sherri E Shepherd Twitter:   Sherri, what kind of dog is a leximycanecorso?  Who cut her ears into points?  ...silly stuff like that.

• Love 5

Ginger90, I'm getting closer and closer to getting a Twitter account so I can ask stupid questions of Sherri E Shepherd Twitter:   Sherri, what kind of dog is a leximycanecorso?  Who cut her ears into points?  ...silly stuff like that.

LOL Most posts go unanswered unless they kiss her butt, it seems.

• Love 1

Ginger90, I'm getting closer and closer to getting a Twitter account so I can ask stupid questions of Sherri E Shepherd Twitter:   Sherri, what kind of dog is a leximycanecorso?  Who cut her ears into points?  ...silly stuff like that.

I bet they get read though...... I was responded to by Whoopi once.... a couple of journalists ... and just today Keith Olbermann..... and a whole bunch of RWNJ that try to convince me my thoughts are wrong

• Love 1

So Sherri's weavy guy makes it known that her weave is made of Peruvian hair. Now I'm no expert on weaves, but do you really want everyone to know that you're not only not wearing your own hair, you're wearing the hair of some stranger in another hemisphere? 

I know the ship has sailed as far as Sherri's changing looks go, since we've run the gamut of wigs from "horrible" to "just okay," but somehow I could suspend my disbelief, especially when it was a short one (following a hideous long one) that flattered her face, so it looked like she got a nice cut and color. But don't tell me the nationality of your hair, for goodness sakes! 

• Love 2

I just remembered something. Last week when someone posted a pic that Sherri tweeted of herself, together with the original pic where she cropped someone out, it was Yancy, the hairstylist. So, I looked at his Twitter that was linked here and I saw that a couple of weeks before that when the news came out of Sherri and Jenny being let go, one of his friends asked if he was leaving the show and he said no.

Btw, I also saw that he posts videos of his ride to work with Whoopi and Karen Dupiche, (makeup artist from the show). They call it "#Rollin' with Whoopi". Here's the one I watched:

Whoopi and her partner Tom Leonardis produce them and they're on her YouTube channel.

According to : https://tv.yahoo.com/news/abc-says-odonnell-back-view-195554911.html

McCarthy and Shepherd will remain with the show until the week of Aug. 11, when it goes on summer hiatus. O'Donnell will join with the start of a new season on Sept. 15.

So, only 16 more shows!

(edited)

So Sherri's weavy guy makes it known that her weave is made of Peruvian hair. Now I'm no expert on weaves, but do you really want everyone to know that you're not only not wearing your own hair, you're wearing the hair of some stranger in another hemisphere? 

Most people that wear weaves don't mind others knowing. Especially if she's getting paid by the company to promote it.

Knowing what kind of weave someone has is also important. Many of the weaves out there are crappy. Sheds, tangles and not long lasting. You usually find the lower quality in Beauty Supply Stores. People that wear extensions hate taking so long to put it in and then a month later having to take it out and put it in the trash because it starts looking natty and ratty and having to sweep clumps off the floor after combing. Certain types of hair (as well as the supplier)  are supposed to be better. Indian hair, Brazillian and Russian are supposed to be higher quality.

I've never heard of Peruvian before but if that's what Sherri is wearing I really like it.  

Hope that helps explain a little bit.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 5

I think Sherri will wear/use/promote anything or anyone that pays her.  Which is why she has zero credibility with me.  Not that she had a lot to begin with but......

The only time Sherri has ever responded to criticism on social media was to be obnoxious and say something like "and I'm making millions doing it"  And of course to call her detractors "haters".

• Love 1

Hope that helps explain a little bit.

Thanks, @Stacee, I appreciate the info. But isn't the point of wearing a weave to give the appearance that that's your own hair? As I said, some of the wigs looked so good on Sherri that at times I thought she had had her hair cut and styled the night before. 

The weird thing about this particular weave is that it makes the hair on the top of her head look thin, since it seems to be pulled down by gravity on the sides. 

• Love 6

Thanks, @Stacee, I appreciate the info. But isn't the point of wearing a weave to give the appearance that that's your own hair?

Good question and great point.

Absolutely;, you do want to make sure the hair is as close a match to yours and the integration is nice, neat and seamless.

However realistically speaking there are just times that you can tell it's not. Like leaving for work on Friday with short hair and returning on Monday with long.

Many women don't mind others knowing it's a weave. Most people don't really care if it is or not, as long as it looks nice and is well kept.

• Love 5
(edited)
The weird thing about this particular weave is that it makes the hair on the top of her head look thin, since it seems to be pulled down by gravity on the sides.

CousinAmy, maybe she's stuck with it until her weave contract expires.  It's too flat on top. And...

So Sherri's weavy guy makes it known that her weave is made of Peruvian hair.

Ahhhh...but is it Peruvian HUMAN hair?   There are a lotta hairy Alpacas in Peru.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 7

Here's Sherri on Entertainment Tonight, talking about her plans for the future: "Maybe they need a chocolate Ellen!" 

I think in some ways she is relieved that she isn't constricted by Barbara's rules for proper decorum. I think she appreciates that she can loosen up with her clothing choices, get angry and loud when she feels passionate about a topic, and dance at the table whenever. I think she'll be around for awhile, since she does make these appearances, gives interviews, etc. 

But as an actress, or as a "personality"? 

• Love 2

Why does everything have to be about color with Sherri? Chocolate Ellen, for the love of God, Ellen has talent, Ellen is a lady, Ellen is a professional and there is no way in hell that Ellen & Sherri have anything in common at all except their gender.

Sherri's delusions keep growing by leaps & bounds.

• Love 10

Sherri hasn't got the emotional or intellectual gravitas to carry a talk show.  She should stick to developing her acting ability, doing decent standup and being an entertaining occasional guest.  .That should keep her busy for the rest of her performing life. 

• Love 4