Type keyword(s) to search

Emma Swan: 1000% done with your infuriating optimism

• Start Topic

Also brown eye rule. Everyone else will have to deal with it!

Duh!! ;-)

I never specifically pay attention to things as hair and eye color, even years after I moved to the US. I'm from a country where the default hair color is black (or henna-red), and eye color is brown (with the very rare bottle green). Also, I first moved to Hawaii from my country, where again, the majority have dark hair and brown eyes. So, I guess I'm just not in the habit of noticing these things particularly. I would never have known what color Emma or Killian's eyes were, if it had not been repeatedly mentioned by viewers. And then, I made it a point to check. lol

• Love 1

It has been blown out of proportion, and people are apparently annoyed by a simple statement.

Oh, for me it isn't about the eye color statement.  It's more of an annoyance that that's the type of thing people are getting hate over, because I've been getting hate for stupid things like that for the past few weeks and I'm just bitter about it I guess.

I thought the episode was wonderful, especially with all the Emma flashbacks.  JMo was on point as usual.

Oh, for me it isn't about the eye color statement.  It's more of an annoyance that that's the type of thing people are getting hate over, because I've been getting hate for stupid things like that for the past few weeks and I'm just bitter about it I guess.

It was just an opinion--not hate. People were discussing pet peeves over at the fanfic thread, and sometimes you can't help what takes you out of a story.

I thought the episode was wonderful, especially with all the Emma flashbacks.  JMo was on point as usual.

It was a good episode. I'm glad Emma got her memories back. At least she now knows her childhood wasn't all bad. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I'm glad Emma got her memories back. At least she now knows her childhood wasn't all bad. 

It is interesting to me that she had her memories of Ingrid removed after she got to Storybrooke. I mean, before then she still thought Ingrid was nuts, but she did have the good times they spent together and some sense of what it felt like to be loved and wanted. So her childhood actually became more effed up later in life.

• Love 2

It was a good episode. I'm glad Emma got her memories back. At least she now knows her childhood wasn't all bad. 

It is interesting to me that she had her memories of Ingrid removed after she got to Storybrooke. I mean, before then she still thought Ingrid was nuts, but she did have the good times they spent together and some sense of what it felt like to be loved and wanted. So her childhood actually became more effed up later in life.

Okay, I know it's crazy to talk about real world consequences and reactions with this show, but I wonder if in some ways what happened with Ingrid and teen Emma would be something causing yet more damage.

Ingrid loved Emma, and Emma loved her back.  But, then from Emma's perspective, Ingrid turned out to be crazy and tried to kill her.  For teen Emma, it had to be one more bit of evidence that for regular, normal people, she wasn't someone who could be loved.

In some ways, I wonder if having Ingrid love her and betray her trust is worse than not having found anyone to love her at all?  And, was that what pushed teen Emma to run away?

• Love 3

What struck me was that Emma was going to call the Sheriff--so it must've been fairly early in season 1.  It left me with the impression that she was really rattled and afraid of Ingrid, at least on one level. 

• Love 1

They've name dropped Graham so many times this season, but it all seems like rather shallow name-dropping when Emma still doesn't know that Regina killed him.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3

Yeah--that has to be at least the 3rd time Emma's mentioned him, isn't it?  I've wondered if there's actually plans for some payoff, or if it's just new writers demonstrating that "See?  See?  I've watched the earlier episodes like I was told to do."

It was just an opinion--not hate. People were discussing pet peeves over at the fanfic thread, and sometimes you can't help what takes you out of a story.

Sorry if my response was... god, I'm too tired to think of the word.  From what I understood, people were getting hate for having a different opinion of Emma's eye color.  That's what I thought, anyway, but I could've misunderstood the conversation.

What struck me was that Emma was going to call the Sheriff--so it must've been fairly early in season 1.  It left me with the impression that she was really rattled and afraid of Ingrid, at least on one level.

Yeah, that surprised me, but I can kind of see it.  If that was Emma's first few weeks in Storybrooke, I don't think she could very well go around punching people, regardless of how threatened she felt, because the only evidence that Ingrid wanted to harm her was her memories of her time with Ingrid in the foster system.  But I'm glad that she was going to (or at least bluffed) getting law enforcement involved.  My new not-so-guilty pleasure is "Stalker", the new show on CBS that apparently everyone but me hates, and a lot of times, the victims could have saved themselves a lot of trouble if they'd just called the police in the first place.  And I'm trying to word this in a way that doesn't sound like victim-blaming, because I'm totally 110% against it, but a lot of times the biggest question investigators have is "why didn't you call the police and/or tell somebody?" Obviously, it's not the victim's fault, and there is stigma about being a victim, something I assume Emma would be especially careful not to portray herself as, but to me, at least she was smart enough to at least pretend to get the police involved.  But yeah, the day Emma Swan feels the need to call the police because she's scared is the day hell freezes over (haha Frozen pun... maybe?)

In some ways, I wonder if having Ingrid love her and betray her trust is worse than not having found anyone to love her at all?

Yeah, I imagine that it wouldn't feel great to finally have someone love her and want to give her a home and family -- and then try to kill her and start raving about magical powers. That must have been utterly crushing and would have added to that feeling of being unlovable if the only person who loves her is insane. But now that Emma understands what was going on and has the memories back, the memories of Ingrid, minus the trying to kill her part, can be good memories. She does have memories of being loved.

• Love 1

Yeah, I imagine that it wouldn't feel great to finally have someone love her and want to give her a home and family -- and then try to kill her and start raving about magical powers.

That felt like such a misstep on Ingrid's part. She had the loving big sister role down so well, then she blurted out a bunch of "hogwash" to ruin it. I wish she would have just adopted Emma and waited for Elsa to come around. It made me so happy when Emma was going to be adopted, then it was all turned to ashes in a single moment.

That felt like such a misstep on Ingrid's part. She had the loving big sister role down so well, then she blurted out a bunch of "hogwash" to ruin it.

Isn't that pretty much the standard villain downfall? They have more or less what they want or at least something good, but then they want it ALL, and in their quest to get more, they ruin everything. Ingrid had Emma, but she had that obsession with the whole magical sister thing, so having Emma's love and being a family with her wasn't good enough, and it ended up ruining what she did have.

• Love 3

I love the way JMo played Season One Emma. Her stance and manner of speaking really highlighted the changes family and a support system have made to "our" Emma.

A million times yes!  Her body language was so defensive, her voice lower and more commanding... her word choice (okay, that I have to give to the writers, but still, JMo's delivery was perfect).  While we've already deduced that Emma was scared, there was absolutely no hint of it.  I'm not sure overcompensation is the right word, but I feel like now, her uneasiness might be more easily picked up on because she not only has to worry about herself (I don't think she really did worry that much about herself in early S1), but her family as well.  But yes, I absolutely adored that scene.  I really miss S1 Emma, who for the most part seemed competent and smart.  This episode was like a breath of fresh air in that respect, because Emma was on her A-game and willing to do whatever it took to save everyone, even if it meant killing someone she once cared about.  And she was so nonmelodramatic about it, unlike certain characters who've had to make a hard decision.  She just wanted to get it done, be reunited and stuff.  So yes, she may have come across as prickly (I'm still laughing about that exchange), but she still managed to have the softer moments, as well, like when she kissed Nealflake's forehead one last time before going to find Ingrid.

• Love 3

She had the loving big sister role down so well, then she blurted out a bunch of "hogwash" to ruin it. I wish she would have just adopted Emma and waited for Elsa to come around.

Well to be fair to Ingrid, she thought that Emma's magic manifesting was a sign. Even if the "break up" hadn't happened then, it would've happened another time for another reason. Emma's too damaged already by this point as shown by the flashbacks. She has zero trust in people and is constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop. Any little thing Ingrid did and Emma got paranoid that she was about to be chucked out. One misstep and that was it for Emma. In that way she's more like Ingrid than anyone. They let their own insecurities color everything in their life, and it doesn't help that there is a real basis for them. That whole sequence reminded me of Ingrid/Anna in the jail where one miscue from Anna and Ingrid wrote her off.

I completely agree that if it hadn't been then, it would have been sometime else, but at the same time, the woman dragged Emma out in front of a moving vehicle and held her there while telling her to stop the oncoming car with her heretofore unknown to Emma magical powers. That's not exactly the same thing as Anna saying, "Can we really trust this woman?" Emma did trust Ingrid, judging by the "I love you" and the card thanking her "for being the family I never had" probably more than she'd trusted anyone, and Ingrid broke that trust by putting her in potentially mortal danger. That car came within inches of hitting the both of them.

Edited by Dani-Ellie
  • Love 5

Anna did more than that, she tried to put Ingrid in the hat.

Anyway the writers effed up big time. Instead of trying to shoe-horn in the black hole in that Emma/Lily flashback it would've served them better had they drawn the parallel between Ingrid and Emma. Ingrid trying to find magical sisters seem kind of crazy and unrelatable but if you break it down what she was really trying to find were people like her because she thought that it would guarantee that they would understand her and not judge her. In the same way Emma could only connect to people she thought were like her, loners/orphans. That's probably why she's drawn to Neal, Elsa, Ingrid and Hook.

The Emma/Lily thing could've easily grounded Ingrid's plot. But no we can't have that. Why do these writers constantly miss what's right under their noses? It's really a head scratcher.

I think that's why it's so hard to abandon this show.  It's like all the pieces are there most of the time.  Rearranging it a bit would make it so much more awesome.  But it's always a piece of shattered glass duct-taped together.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 8

I think that's why it's so hard to abandon this show.  It's like all the pieces are there most of the time.  Rearranging it a bit would make it so much more awesome.  But it's always a piece of shattered glass duct-taped together.

Replying in All Seasons.

The Emma/Lily thing could've easily grounded Ingrid's plot. But no we can't have that. Why do these writers constantly miss what's right under their noses? It's really a head scratcher.

'Cause it's really hard to see anything when your head is up your ass (or Regina's).

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 3

Six week time jump means Emma will finally get her own place, right?

Either they put a whole bunch of character everyday life stuff into those six week time frame (aka, have it occur in Off-screenville), or 6 weeks later, nothing would have changed in Storybrooke, and everyone would be on standstill "So what about those blank books we found 6 weeks ago."  "Yeah, still no sign of the owner of that House".  Since they didn't end on character tension between Emma and Hook, things will still be coming up roses when 4B recommences, which means no fallout from EvilHandGate. 

Alternatively, we will learn in 4B that everyone in Storybrooke is tied up and controlled by a megavillain and we will find out what happens in flashbacks.

So, what is Emma's role in this story? To bring Regina her Happy Ending? Despite this being her arc, she did nothing major this season except lose control and then accept her powers. The last person she saved was Marian, and she feels guilty about that. She seems to run around a lot, but accomplishes very little. 90% of the time, someone else saunters in and saves the day. It used to be magic wielders before, but now, non-magic people like Anna and Belle do it. Why give her magic and call her the savior, and then sideline her so much?? All they let her have are little victories once in a while. The major climactic victories go to other people.

• Love 8

I have to say it, Emma is the worst girlfriend ever, at least for Hook.

It's kind of funny, because at this point I feel like in my mind it's shifting from "how can hook ever be good enough for Emma?" to "how can Emma ever be good enough for Hook?" even though Killy's the former villain trying to redeem myself. The writing is still lacking on Emma's part. Girl, when are you finally going to notice your Boyfriend keeps going through the wringer every season?

And emma still hasn't managed to bring down a big bad herself yet.

Here's to hoping for her finally getting her own place in 4b!

And emma still hasn't managed to bring down a big bad herself yet.

Call me pessimistic, but I doubt she ever will. The writers love Regina way too much to let Emma have a big victory by herself.

• Love 3
It's kind of funny, because at this point I feel like in my mind it's shifting from "how can hook ever be good enough for Emma?" to "how can Emma ever be good enough for Hook?" even though Killy's the former villain trying to redeem myself.

Well, Emma hasn't shot anyone in the back, torn anyone's heart out, held Jiminy captive and beat the bananas out of him on a ship for information so that she could get her revenge, nor tried to kill anyone for the sole motive of revenge, so I think Emma is still the better person than Captain Hook, no matter how sexy he is. I don't think it's a matter of her deserving him at all. They are a good fit and they work for each other so you can't sell me this trip that she doesn't deserve him (and he's worked hard to be a better person for her), I think they are on equal ground.

Emma noticed shit was off with him, and she asked him and showed concern in the middle of all the insanity, and at least they had a nice steamy kiss once she shoved his heart back into place. You don't kiss someone you don't care about like that. But guess fucking what? The real problem is that these writers don't actually know what a satisfying pay-off is. They just want, wait for it, the throwaway line ("I told you, Swan, I'm a survivor") and a hug/kiss to wrap everything up. And that's all we're ever going to get with these writers (for anyone that's not Woegine). They excel at building bridges to nowhere. Build, build, build, build, build, aaaaaand it goes nowhere.

I think the better question is why the writers won't ever let anyone who's not Woegina have an emotional pay-off. (And the answer to that is probably because they don't give two shits about any other character. If it's not about Woegina it's not worth showing us.)

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 7

I'm not gonna throw something around like Emma is the worst girlfriend ever.  She thinks Hook can take care of himself and with reason and she is being fed lies about how Rumple has so totally changed and as far as she knows there is no danger in SB right this moment so Hook is in no danger, especially not from the reformed Mr. Gold, so she just has her priorities set for the moment.

I still think they should have had a line or two about her wanting Hook to rest and she'd come back later to check up on him after the whole heart thing.  But Operation Dumb&Dumber is in full swing for 4B, so they have to have Emma be part of it.  Takes precedence over whatever happened with Hook.

I can't even consider throwing stones at her because they sacrificed her character for Regina...again!

• Love 6
I have to say it, Emma is the worst girlfriend ever, at least for Hook.

I'm beginning to think the "Fairy Tale" they are telling with this relationship is "The Giving Tree" with Hook playing the part of Tree. Sure, he loves making "Boy" happy and sacrificing everything he has, but at some point, don't real relationships require some give-and-take from both sides?

Acting like a bizarre robot with desperate eyes rates not one moment of attention or time from Emma. Being made into a robot rates no consoling from Emma. Almost dying by having your heart ripped out and crushed rates 30 seconds of attention from Emma (so she can quickly shove it back in).  Her time is reserved for the woman who hates her and people she met the day before.

If the reverse was true, Hook would probably have made some time for Emma.

Sure, he was/is a villain. If that means that Emma is justified in never giving his feelings any thought or consideration, then fine. She should cut him loose and he needs to move on. That's not a a healthy relationship for either of them.

• Love 3

Well, Emma hasn't shot anyone in the back, torn anyone's heart out, held Jiminy captive and beat the bananas out of him on a ship for information so that she could get her revenge, nor tried to kill anyone for the sole motive of revenge, so I think Emma is still the better person than Captain Hook, no matter how sexy he is. I don't think it's a matter of her deserving him at all.

Emma noticed shit was off with him, and she asked him and showed concern in the middle of all the insanity, and at least they had a nice steamy kiss once she shoved his heart back into place. But guess fucking what? These writers don't actually know what a satisfying pay-off is. They just want, wait for it, the throwaway line ("I told you, Swan, I'm a survivor") and a hug/kiss to wrap everything up because that to them . That's all we're ever going to get with these writers. They excel at building bridges to nowhere. Build, build, build, aaaaaand it goes nowhere.

I think the better question is why there writers won't ever let anyone who's not Regina have an emotional pay-off.

Of course Emma is a better person than Hook, I guess I just poorly worded stuff. And you are right about it not being about who deserves who more, etc. that was poorly worded on my part.a has noticed things wrong with him, but the writing just hasn't been cutting it. I just wish they wouldn't edit scenes from her restoring her heart to her seemingly ditching him to go drink with Regina, when they should have been shown to discuss things. It just makes Emma come off as colder than what she is.

Sorry if I upset you :(

Without getting into who deserves whom, IMO, relationships are built on more than personal history or character "goodness". At any rate, Hook is hardly the villain he used to be. At this moment, the Emma/Hook relationship still looks darn one-sided to me. I don't think Hook deserves to be treated this way--that is, forgotten when he's not around (as someone said in the episode thread). Emma seems to care for him, but not enough to seek him out--not even when he is showing clear signs of odd behavior. The abrupt cut from the post-hearting make-out session to taking shots with Regina was really jarring. There should have cut to other characters before showing Emma at the diner with Regina.

• Love 2
If the reverse was true, Hook would probably have made some time for Emma.

No the reverse is not true. And you know why? Because Hook isn't Woegina either. This isn't about Emma being a bad girlfriend and Hook being a godsend for all womanhood. It's about the writers not caring about any other character that's not WOEGINA.

The abrupt cut from the post-hearting make-out session to taking shots with Regina was really jarring. There should have cut to other characters before showing Emma at the diner with Regina.

IA, but that's basically my point. We're not going to get pay-off that's more than a one-liner and a kiss from Emma and Hook because the writers short-change her storylines all the time in favor of Woegina. If you look at it, this lack of pay-off is the same complaint that people who were fans of the Emma and Snowing relationship. All of the Emma and Snowing's stuff has been resolved with throwaway lines and a group hug. And now the same is happening with Emma and Hook because the biggest, most dysfunctional, most consuming relationship on this show is between the writers and Woegina.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 5

No the reverse is not true. And you know why? Because Hook isn't Woegina either. This isn't about Emma being a bad girlfriend and Hook being a godsend for all womanhood. It's about the writers not caring about any other character that's not WOEGINA.

You are analyzing the story externally. But we also interpret what's shown on screen. Both readings are valid, and do not negate each orher.

• Love 1

Emma seems to care for him, but not enough to seek him out--not even when he is showing clear signs of odd behavior.

The weird thing is that, technically, Emma did seek him out. She and Snow went to the clock tower and found him with Rumple, so obviously they had to connect the dots somewhere and realize Hook was in trouble. Or maybe they didn't even know Hook would be there... Oh god. How sad would it be if the only reason Emma and Snow rushed to the clock tower was to find Rumple, but just happened to stumble upon Hook getting tortured?

What completely and utterly baffles me is why the writers chose to not show the audience any of Emma's reactions to what was going on around her in the finale. Hook is standing around Henry at the very beginning of the episode? Oh, sorry. Emma doesn't get to have a reaction to seeing her boyfriend after the Shattered Sight spell ended. Emma actually gets to notice something is strange with Killian at Granny's? There's no follow-up reaction or conversation about it. Anna reveals Gold has been playing them the whole time? Emma doesn't get a reaction about how that might relate to Hook and his odd behavior. We don't get to see Emma and Snow running to the clock tower. Right when Hook's heart is being crushed, Emma is frozen so she ​physically can't even react. Hook's heart is finally returned to him in the clock tower? We don't get a scene of Emma rushing over to him to help him. We magically poof over to Granny's hallway where Emma is holding Killian's heart? Well, where was the scene where they decided it would be better to put it in at Granny's and not in the clock tower? Where was the scene of Killian handing over his heart to Emma for her to put back in? 

We didn't get to see Emma react to ​anything significant! Emma was supposed to be the focus of 4A, and when actual serious shit went down in the finale, the writers refused to show us how she was feeling. It's so disappointing as an Emma fan.

• Love 9

Emma has been on her own for a really long time and it took her a while to accept her place in her family and that SB is her home.  I think it's the same with Hook and the reason why nothing has been spoken between them.  They are together, they are a couple, she cares for him, doesn't want to lose him but all in all, this has been about her not trusting her own instincts when it came to him.  Three times she asks him if he's okay, three times he says something, like I'm fine, I'm relieved, I'm just basically tired.   He loves her, i think she does know that.  He couldn't be anymore forward about his feelings.  You don't trade your most prized possession and settle into a weird ass world for shits and giggles.  That is also stuff that has not been acknowledged, everything he has sacrificed to bring her home and back to her family because family is such an important thing.

Call me an optimist, but I think it's coming as far as Emma is concerned.  

Since they insisted on having that Emma/Regina scene, I don't know Regina could have gotten her head out of her ass for two seconds and asked how Hook was doing.  He's part of Emma's life which makes him part of Henry's life as well.  It would have taken nothing from them rushing out to mongoose the hell out of me.

• Love 1

Call me an optimist, but I think it's coming as far as Emma is concerned.

I think Emma has come along way too, little by little, but it's just that the writing can be so frustrating sometimes. :( I hope Emma continues to get focus in 4b with everything that's going to be happening. Although, I'm wondering if we'll get anymore flashbacks with her ever again. I'd be happy with them just focusing on her present though.

I can imagine Jen's excitement the day she got the mid finale script. Imagining all the ways Emma was finally going to save the day. And then the fuckery all over her face after reality set in. I now understand why she didn't have any interviews this time. What could she possibly say?

Shit on Emma's character all you want but this is a writing and directing issue. Once again we've had an arc that built her character and relationships up only to lead to no pay off. This isn't just a Hook issue which I'm seeing the most complaints about. They've been doing this with her family for a while now.

People are sorry for Hook? They want better for him? Where's the outcry for her character? I want better for her but have sadly accepted it's not ever going to happen. These writers do not care to give her character that basic courtesy.

Emma has her issues but do you really believe she'd leave Hook after that to go have shots with Regina? I don't. But these idiot writers don't even care to write a line or two to show them parting after such an important scene. Cheap lines and a hot kiss makes it all better in there book. And worst of all 6 weeks have now passed. We don't even know if Emma and Hook talked about things.

• Love 11

I can imagine Jen's excitement the day she got the mid finale script. Imagining all the ways Emma was finally going to save the day. And then the fuckery all over her face after reality set in. I now understand why she didn't have any interviews this time. What could she possibly say?

Shit on Emma's character all you want but this is a writing and directing issue. Once again we've had an arc that built her character and relationships up only to lead to no pay off. This isn't just a Hook issue which I'm seeing the most complaints about. They've been doing this with her family for a while now.

People are sorry for Hook? They want better for him? Where's the outcry for her character? I want better for her but have sadly accepted it's not ever going to happen. These writers do not care to give her character that basic courtesy.

Emma has her issues but do you really believe she'd leave Hook after that to go have shots with Regina? I don't. But these idiot writers don't even care to write a line or two to show them parting after such an important scene. Cheap lines and a hot kiss makes it all better in there book. And worst of all 6 weeks have now passed. We don't even know if Emma and Hook talked about things.

It really was a writing failure. Emma deserves better :(

• Love 1
Cheap lines and a hot kiss makes it all better in there book.

I think that's what it is at the end of the day, that they think this is what people who enjoy Emma and Hook as a couple, want them to be a couple really want.  A hot make out session up against a wall.  I really like them and I want them to have a damn conversation about what happened.  I get it, Emma isn't the talk your feelings out sort of person and Hook has shared even less than she has.  I mean we pretty much know next to nothing about him.  But making out doesn't solve things and I get why that had to happen because she was supposed to see how different he was without his heart.

This show, I swear it's starting to give me grey hair.

• Love 1

Once again we've had an arc that built her character and relationships up only to lead to no pay off. This isn't just a Hook issue which I'm seeing the most complaints about. They've been doing this with her family for a while now.

Responding in the relationships thread.

Emma has her issues but do you really believe she'd leave Hook after that to go have shots with Regina?

It is believable by what they have shown us on-screen. Our faith in Emma can only go so far. On screen, Emma has a history of pushing Hook aside either due to self-protection or out of guilt. On the other hand, we were shown earlier this season that Emma feels so guilty over bringing Marian back, that she let herself be subject to verbal abuse all day from Regina. So, why wouldn't she go take shots with Regina in that moment?

Emma is one of my favorite characters in the Show, but what's sauce for the gander is sauce for the goose. I finally gave up on rationalizing Snow's treatment of Emma this season. Because, after being repeatedly shown that Snow does not put Emma first, I have to accept that that is her character, unless they show me differently on-screen. Emma cares for Hook, that much is evident. But he is not a priority in her life. If they are to be considered an equal partnership, it needs to be shown on-screen. Maybe they'll show it next season, but I'm afraid it will be with another throwaway line and a smooch.

• Love 2

A writing failure and a directing/editing failure.

I know the assumption is that what happens in one scene takes place immediately after the one before it, but who's to say there wasn't a span of time in between that kiss in the hallway and Emma going down to have drinks with Regina? Who's to say drinks wasn't two hours later? Who's to say Emma rushed out on Hook when maybe what happened was they went back to his room, talked, and she stayed until he fell asleep?

No, that didn't happen onscreen, but you know what else didn't happen onscreen? "Look, Killian, I know you just got your heart back and all, but Regina's sad and I need to go drink with her."

The fact of the matter is we don't know what happened between the scenes. And if the two scenes had been separated by another quick one, I don't think there'd be this much aggravation because it would have given the illusion of time passing. Yes, it would have been wonderful to see more Captain Swan, to see actual payoff of the plotlines, but, as we've noted, payoff is not this show's strong suit.

What touched me more than anything is how Emma was holding Hook's heart. She's holding it like a little kid who's been entrusted with something valuable and breakable. She's got it cupped in her hands. I can more than believe that Emma loves Hook because she's holding his heart in her hands and she's treating it like a treasure.

Edited by Dani-Ellie
  • Love 6

On screen, Emma has a history of pushing Hook aside either due to self-protection or out of guilt.

Exactly. We see when Emma pushes Hook aside. We didn't see that here though. We have no idea if Emma left Hook standing there to go have shots with Regina or if they went back to his room or if Hook excused himself first. We have no idea how much time passed between those scenes even.

I hate it but I do think Emma would have shots with Regina. My only disbelief is that she would leave Hook standing in the hallway after literally putting his heart back to do so. Emma has come too far this season to do that.

What touched me more than anything is how Emma was holding Hook's heart. She's holding it like a little kid who's been entrusted with something valuable and breakable. She's got it cupped in her hands. I can more than believe that Emma loves Hook because she's holding his heart in her hands and she's treating it like a treasure.

My favorite part too. The only thing missing was seeing Hook hand it over to her in the first place.

Edited by Emma
  • Love 3

I hate it but I do think Emma would have shots with Regina. My only disbelief is that she would leave Hook standing in the hallway after literally putting his heart back to do so. Emma has come too far this season to do that.

We'll have to take that on faith--yet again. After the Graham debacle, I'm not sure off-screen conversations actually take place. Even Anna and Elsa apparently had nothing relevant to say to each other all the way to the town line from Ingrid's Ice Cave.