Type keyword(s) to search

Stitchers - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The person Maggie and Oded Fehr were concerned about in Liam's picture looked an awful lot like C. Thomas Howell. Kirsten's dad?

I kind of love the I Told You So message Kirsten left for the cop.

The person Maggie and Oded Fehr were concerned about in Liam's picture looked an awful lot like C. Thomas Howell. Kirsten's dad?

I kind of love the I Told You So message Kirsten left for the cop.

I was thinking Campbell Scott when I saw the half-face. Most probably Kristen's dad.

I'm kind of scared for the cop - I hope nothing happened to him, I like him.

• Love 2

For as much as people say ABC Family unfairly cancels shows they actually dont. If anything they give alot of low rated shows like Stitcher's a second chance.

They say that about the other shows they've cancelled.

ABC Family tends to let most shows run two seasons. I doubt Stitchers will make it past that without massive writing improvements. The Lying Game didn't make it to a third season (still kind of peeved about that) and it was a much better written show.

My problems with shows that put the entire cast in fatal jeopardy is that golly darn, if they kill the whole cast, then the show is over, right?  So there's supposed to be all of this tension, but it's all fake.  Give me a break already.  

• Love 2

My problems with shows that put the entire cast in fatal jeopardy is that golly darn, if they kill the whole cast, then the show is over, right?  So there's supposed to be all of this tension, but it's all fake.  Give me a break already.  

Exactly, the whole cheesy melodrama of them trying to say goodbye to their families was just a waste of time, there was no tension whatsoever.

I'm still watching, I'm just not caring.

Same here.

• Love 2

Yeah, that was lame. All they did was sweat and cough a little. Maybe a little more tension next time, show? Also, Cameron? I'm starting to like you but if you get with Kirsten, I swear I'll stop. So, stop. 

Kirsten and the cop Fisher still have more chemistry. 

Man, on the level of 'i don't care', it's pretty high. Cameron's secret to Kirsten was kind of lame. The only person who legit made me laugh was one of the supporting characters, I think his name is Jack? The one who helped pry open the elevator doors. 

• Love 1

Yeah, that was lame. All they did was sweat and cough a little. Maybe a little more tension next time, show? Also, Cameron? I'm starting to like you but if you get with Kirsten, I swear I'll stop. So, stop.

Kirsten and the cop Fisher still have more chemistry.

Man, on the level of 'i don't care', it's pretty high. Cameron's secret to Kirsten was kind of lame. The only person who legit made me laugh was one of the supporting characters, I think his name is Jack? The one who helped pry open the elevator doors.

I'm still not liking Cameron. He acts like such a girl about everything. It's so obvious he likes Kirsten but doesn't seem to realize how weird he's acting about it because regular friends wouldn't get all butt-hurt that she didn't tell him about the proposal. I didn't see Linus caring. Frankly, I'm surprised she even told Camille about it.

Two very brief scenes together and yep, more chemistry between Kirsten and Fisher than all her scenes with Cameron combined.

And the big dude who pried open the elevator was Tim. I'm liking him too, he's so blasé while swimming in a sea of high-strung weirdos.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm still not liking Cameron. He acts like such a girl about everything. It's so obvious he likes Kirsten but doesn't seem to realize how weird he's acting about it because regular friends wouldn't get all butt-hurt that she didn't tell him about the proposal. I didn't see Linus caring. Frankly, I'm surprised she even told Camille about it.

Two very brief scenes together and yep, more chemistry between Kirsten and Fisher than all her scenes with Cameron combined.

And the big dude who pried open the elevator was Tim. I'm liking him too, he's so blasé while swimming in a sea of high-strung weirdos.

What's wrong with acting like a girl? Is that supposed to be an insult? 

Edited by Iamsweetdee

What's wrong with acting like a girl? Is that supposed to be an insult?

No, it's just supposed to mean that he's not behaving like I would expect a man to behave as a friend-- a girl as in a child (I knew I should've reworded that).

Ah, Tim, yes I like him and his background facial expression and his quips. 

Cameron is acting like a child, but it's endearing to me to have a male lead character not be an alpha male, a jock, or anything of the sort. Cameron is 100% the nerd-type character, who can't be as dominant as he wants to be, the one that would most likely to get bullied, and the one who perhaps can't fend for himself physically. Kirsten takes on that role for him, so he's basically what would happen if the typical sidekick became the lead. I think I just like watching it unfold, stupid romance aside. I've always been drawn to characters like him, though.

(edited)

Yeah, that was lame. All they did was sweat and cough a little. Maybe a little more tension next time, show?

Yep, it might as well be a mild fever with the way they portrayed it, it honestly didn't feel life threatening at all, even the rat scare.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

Yep, it might as well be a mild fever with the way they protrayed it, it honestly didn't feel life threatening at all, even the rat scare.

Yeah. At least have someone collapse dramatically! Maybe the whole blood pouring from the eyes should have happened. Anything! Maggie didn't even look sick, Kirsten looked like she had a mild fever, and Camille looked like she just went out on a long run. Linus was the only one looking like he might actually die.

• Love 2

Yeah. At least have someone collapse dramatically! Maybe the whole blood pouring from the eyes should have happened. Anything! Maggie didn't even look sick, Kirsten looked like she had a mild fever, and Camille looked like she just went out on a long run. Linus was the only one looking like he might actually die.

I don't think Maggie was even sick, this was so inconsistent and poorly explained.

No, it's just supposed to mean that he's not behaving like I would expect a man to behave as a friend-- a girl as in a child (I knew I should've reworded that).

Considering you just said that "male" was adult and "female" was child, yeah I'd reword.

• Love 1

At least they've gone back to brushing her ponytail straight back, this makes me feel better.

I don't understand who Liam is, the last scene implies he's a bad guy, but Kirsten only recently joined up, he knew her a long time before that. Are they implying he's been waiting for whatever all this time?

I have a feeling that after the finale next week, I won't remember this show.

• Love 1

At least they've gone back to brushing her ponytail straight back, this makes me feel better.

I don't understand who Liam is, the last scene implies he's a bad guy, but Kirsten only recently joined up, he knew her a long time before that. Are they implying he's been waiting for whatever all this time?

My guess is that whoever is behind whatever nefarious deeds found someone close to Kirsten that they could turn against her. 

I loved the scenes with Camille and Linus' parents.  They are really sweet people (despite what, obviously, Linus thinks of them).  It was totally clichéd and obvious, but I think the actors sold it in that scene.

• Love 2

I was thinking that even though Kirsten wasn't in the stitchers program, her parents and guardian were a big part of it, making her a target.

Could be Kirsten's father behind it, which kind of grosses me out, "Liam, I'm hiring you to seduce my daughter."

I'm never going to get a Kirsten/Foster hookup, am I?

If the network doesn't bother promoting it next season, you probably won't.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm never going to get a Kirsten/Foster hookup, am I?

Probably not since they're going the most laziest, cliche one instead.  They've already checked off the misunderstandings and are doing the whole putting the LI in danger so they can contrive feelings for each other in the promo.

I barely remember much now as it is, I only just remembered to watch it a day later.

Her 'boyfriend' that we knew for all of 2-3 episodes and is supposed to be a baddie I guess, possibly involved with whatever the conspiracy is supposed to be anymore.

So Stitching suddenly gives you psychic visions of the future, who knew.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

Liam is bad and prob working with K dad. Cameron ubernerd gets the girl,after dying. Linus and Camille get a spin-off. Fisher and Tim are lovers. Maggie kills her boss and runs off with K father with all the Stitcher tech. Season 2 done.

Oh yeah, Liam just wonders, never to be seen again like Gendry.

I forgot, what was with the updo Kirsten wore? They even had Cameron say something about it, but that was it. Why was she wearing her hair like that like she was going someplace formal, & why make Cameron ask if there was no reason?

I forgot, what was with the updo Kirsten wore? They even had Cameron say something about it, but that was it. Why was she wearing her hair like that like she was going someplace formal, & why make Cameron ask if there was no reason?

Liam put her hair up and said he'd like her to wear it that way.

Liam put her hair uup and said he'd like her to wear it that way.

Huh, I guess I wasn't paying that close attention, because I don't remember that at all, thanks

• Love 1

Enjoyed "Meet the Parents" a lot. It was simplistic, but it worked for me.

We all knew the "old boyfriend" was a plant.

I am enjoying the show - but shows with an overriding arc have trouble keeping it up - it either drags on too long or the payoff is not worth it.

Love the concept. Wouldn't mind a straight "procedural" which includes the tech.

Was that Henry Rollins as the wheelchair guy? Who, by the way, I remember seeing in last week's episode, so they get a gold star for continuity.

They were being mean to me, having Camille teasing Kirsten about Fisher. Hook them up, show, don't tease me! I also wish they would go this route because Camille and Cameron had decent chemistry, made apparent by the scene where he's teaching her to pilot a stitch.

Oh, and Linus was being a total asshole this episode, jeez.

Damn, I could actually ship Camille and Cameron. Where did this whole jealous Linus come from? Don't tease with the Fisher/Kirsten, show! I could actually get behind both Fisher/Kirsten, AND Camille/Cameron.

Oh my god, poor C Thomas Howell. He got stuck being Kirsten's father. 

Well duh, of course the Stitchers program was meant for Kirsten.

That ending was so stupid and so contrived. 

• Love 1

That ending was so stupid and so contrived.

Got to put Cameron in danger twice and yet still has no sense of danger or tension whatsoever.  He was completely fine the first time around after only 1 scene and then they completely brush that off only to put him in danger again for a contrived cliffhanger.  XD.

• Love 1

Wow, that was seriously convoluted. 

Cameron has a very important, difficult job that takes tons of training & education, but apparently Camille only needs about 10 minutes of training to take his place.

There were no previews for next week, was this some kind of summer finale?

I think that the woman we heard talking is going to turn out to be Kristen's mother who really didn't die. This is just a guess & isn't based on any info I've heard. 

• Love 2

Cameron has a very important, difficult job that takes tons of training & education, but apparently Camille only needs about 10 minutes of training to take his place.

I think that the woman we heard talking is going to turn out to be Kristen's mother who really didn't die. This is just a guess & isn't based on any info I've heard. 

Yeah, that was the summer finale. Which means we have a few months of either "Oh, what's gonna happen? Is Cameron gonna DIEEEEEEEEE?' or, the more likely scenario, "Seriously, are we expecting Cameron to die? There better be a damn twist like he's in a coma or he thinks he's somebody else or he has a damn brain injury from lack of oxygen or else i'm gonna revolt'.

I'm pretty sure the voice on the other end of the phone was Maggie (it sounded exactly like Maggie to me, and Kirsten clearly recognized the voice), but the person in the car has to be one of Kirsten's parents, maybe her dad. I don't think they specified if it was a man or a woman in the car either. Unless the person in the car was also Maggie.

Not only was the "Camille has the touch" aspect stupid, but so was the "Linus apparently wanted to take Cameron's place the whole time and hates how his girlfriend got to first, so he's gonna be a jealous boyfriend which totally won't backfire on him at ALL" aspect. 

Yeah, it was the finale.

As for the mom, I wouldn't be surprised as dead characters that are mentioned a lot tend to be alive.

Who needs any real experience when you can just push buttons and crack jokes.

I'm pretty sure the voice on the other end of the phone was Maggie (it sounded exactly like Maggie to me, and Kirsten clearly recognized the voice), but the person in the car has to be one of Kirsten's parents, maybe her dad. I don't think they specified if it was a man or a woman in the car either. Unless the person in the car was also Maggie.

I agree. That was very clearly Maggie’s voice with all of the same inflections and cadence to the speech.  I think that’s why she kept telling Kirsten to get out.  I don’t think she wanted her to figure it out.

Max and Liz did that scene much better, just sayin’.

• Love 1

I agree. That was very clearly Maggie’s voice with all of the same inflections and cadence to the speech.  I think that’s why she kept telling Kirsten to get out.  I don’t think she wanted her to figure it out.

Exactly, not to mention we've seen her like throughout the series.

Looks like there's going to be a special standalone Halloween episode on October 20th.

From an ABC Family press release (dated 09/02/2015) for their 13 Days of Halloween (emphasis added):

Night Two – Tuesday, October 20th
 “Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride” (4:00 – 6:00 PM ET/PT) is back for another walk down the aisle, followed by beloved Halloween classic “Hocus Pocus” (6:00 – 8:00 PM ET/PT). Then tune in to a special Halloween episode of “Stitchers” where Camille preps for her annual Halloween bash, as the Stitchers team investigates the suicide of a young man (guest star Jeremy Sumpter, “Friday Night Lights”), who is suspected of abducting a missing college student (9:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT), with an encore airing immediately following. Spend your late night with the friendly ghost “Casper” (12:00 – 2:00 AM ET/PT).

I liked it. They're getting very good with the camaraderie amongst the cast, which I find enjoyable. The Kirsten/Cameron ship-baiting still instilled eye-rolling from me (Fisher! Fisher!) And I agreed with Kirsten and everybody else who thought Camille's idea to use a CRIME SCENE for a Halloween party was a bad idea.

I forgot about it until just know, I didn't realize they were doing it.

I don't think I ever knew about it in order to have forgetten it.  Was this announced during the summer run?  I honestly thought it was the start of a new season until they said "returning in 2016" at the end.  If my DVR hadn't picked it up, I'd have never known.  (And probably would have been OK with that--there were some fun moments, but nothing spectacular.)

• Love 1

I don't think I ever knew about it in order to have forgetten it.  Was this announced during the summer run?  I honestly thought it was the start of a new season until they said "returning in 2016" at the end.  If my DVR hadn't picked it up, I'd have never known.  (And probably would have been OK with that--there were some fun moments, but nothing spectacular.)

Idk, I usually know when another show does a holiday special so this was probably quietly placed in.  It's also not on the Winter/Spring schedule so far that I've seen from other ABC Family shows.

If you look in the media thread, there was a post about two months ago about the holiday episode, so it was announced a while ago. I had forgotten myself, I'm also lucky that my DVR catches stuff for me.