Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Extra innings in ASG . . . fuck it, if they can't get past eleven innings, it's a tie.

One of the great moments in baseball. Watching Bud Selig trying to figure out what to do when they ran out of pitchers that one ASG.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, cleo said:

I'm picking NL to win this year. Just a guess.

I'll go with the AL.  Not so much a guess, but just a way to make another wrong prediction.  In this case, the NL would finally win this thing!

• LOL 2
(edited)

Oh my lordy these uniforms are hideous.  Whose idea was this?  I bet it was Manfred.

I didn’t know today was Rachel Robinson’s 100th birthday!  I hope she had a most lovely day.

Jon Hamm is not a small man (and it was hilarious when he stood next to Tom Cruise in Top Gun) but Aaron Judge makes everyone look like a teeny human.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, mojoween said:

“From the Houston Astros…”

”BOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

Jam that right into my veins.

Ow. Apparently, the Yankees aren’t boo-worthy, even as they rampage through this season.

Anyone else see the stars on the caps and think “asterisk”?

Booing the Padres? I understand the Giants, but the Padres?

ETA: Hey, I didn’t know Jeff McNeil got bumped up to the starting lineup!

Edited by Lantern7
3 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Has anyone gotten picked off before Ohtani? I agree with the announcers . . . who throws to first in an All-Star Game?

Apparently Carlos Zambrano picked off Milton Bradley in 2008, if Twitter is to be believed.

I don’t know if you’ll ever see a prettier double play than the one just turned at the ASG.  Pretty impressive for guys who haven’t worked together before.

Hey.  Mike Trout is hurt, but he’s at the game.  What’s Altuve’s excuse?

How is this Tampa pitcher an All-Star he’s not pitching like one GRRRRRRR.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Don’t we want runs though? Nobody wants to see a 1-0 snooze fest. 
Dodgers fans hate the Giants almost as much as the Padres, especially Machado.

Edited by twoods
8 minutes ago, cleo said:

They should just let Manoah pitch. They really sound dumb.

ETA Really really dumb.

I loved him and thought he was hilarious!  “What’s up bro?”  “Oh I don’t think he answered me.”

• Love 2
(edited)

@mojoween oh ya I love Alek! It was Smoltz and Davis I was complaining about lol.

I didn't want them interfering with him pitching heh. 

Hard not to love Manoah.

Edited by cleo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Dumb FOX and their shitty equipment deprived me of mic’d up Aaron Judge.  But I still got Giancarlo *hearteyes*.

Speaking of eyes, did anyone notice Julio Rodriguez’s?  SWOON.

• Love 2

I need the orange wig the woman in the stands was wearing.  Maybe it would keep the nut cases from sitting behind me every Sunday since they wouldn't be able to see around it. 

• LOL 2

Maybe I’m biased, but Jose Ramirez has 2ab and 2 hits with one run.  Giancarlo had 2ab with one hit.

No one on the AL had better stats than Jose!  Only in Cleveland...

(at least we’ll always have the first MVP to win in his own stadium in Sandy Alomar)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Moose135 said:

Bud Selig was just clueless, Manfred is downright evil.

I would love to see Manfred live on $4,000-$12,000 a year. From my own personal experience, $40K in Toronto is not enough to live on.

• Like 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/19/2022 at 9:02 PM, mojoween said:

I loved him and thought he was hilarious!  “What’s up bro?”  “Oh I don’t think he answered me.”

I'm so proud of him.  The clips of Alek are going so viral and everyone in the U.S. is so charmed by him!  LOL.  His family must be losing their minds.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:04 PM, cleo said:

@mojoween oh ya I love Alek! It was Smoltz and Davis I was complaining about lol.

I didn't want them interfering with him pitching heh. 

Hard not to love Manoah.

And they totally DID interfere, when he hit that batter!  Otherwise he would have had a perfect inning!  But honestly, it's his own fault, taunting the commentators to tell him what pitch to do next.  LOL.  Poor Kirk.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
On 7/19/2022 at 11:08 PM, twoods said:

Julio Rodriguez is going to be so much fun to watch the next 10-15 years. 

And easy to look at.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:21 PM, mojoween said:

Dumb FOX and their shitty equipment deprived me of mic’d up Aaron Judge.  But I still got Giancarlo *hearteyes*.

Speaking of eyes, did anyone notice Julio Rodriguez’s?  SWOON.

Good god, he is pretty.

IMG_1245-1024x576.jpg

On 7/19/2022 at 10:38 PM, mojoween said:

A passel of mic’d up Yankees?  I am HERE for it.

I loved it.  I was incredibly charmed by Jose Trevino.  Don't tell me he's an asshole or something!

• Love 1
On 7/19/2022 at 11:45 PM, roamyn said:

Maybe I’m biased, but Jose Ramirez has 2ab and 2 hits with one run.  Giancarlo had 2ab with one hit.

No one on the AL had better stats than Jose!  Only in Cleveland...

(at least we’ll always have the first MVP to win in his own stadium in Sandy Alomar)

LOL, and some commentators thought Manoah should have had MVP!

I was so sad that Hendriks only pitched to one batter.  But he got the out!  Romano didn't even need to come in.

(edited)
On 7/20/2022 at 2:37 AM, Danielg342 said:

I would love to see Manfred live on $4,000-$12,000 a year. From my own personal experience, $40K in Toronto is not enough to live on.

Yeah, I think you can take that figure way higher.  Most couples I know with dual incomes can't afford to live in Toronto either!

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Astros win both games of a doubleheader against the Yankees in Houston - Yordan Alvarez homered in his first at bat after a stint on the IL. I think the ALCS will be between those 2 teams, I think the Astros are slightly more complete but the Yankees have more power, it’s always fun to watch the best teams play.

My Marlins haven’t scored a run in 34 innings - that’s just beyond dismal. It’s clearly time to fire Mattingly, he is a terrible manager and our offense never gets any better.

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Holy balls the game on Prime is so damn laggy on the PS4 tonight Manfred please stop making me do this.

Yes, awful. With all the games free on MLB.TV and/or MLB Extra Innings this week, I switched from the Yankees' broadcast to the Orioles' broadcast just to see if it made a difference. It's slightly better but still problematic. 🙄

• Love 2

What a night.  I'm exhilarated and exhausted.

3 hours ago, twoods said:

I hate the Red Sox but this sucks. Now it’s 27-3. I’m sure most of those fans are gone.

What could possibly suck about this?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

You can't see it in that clip I don't think, but even after the ball landed Duran just stood there looking at it while Verdugo hauled ass from left field. 

It was actually Verdugo that ended up picking it up. I don't know what Duran was thinking. Terrible look for him, just terrible.

It was really more defense than pitching- when you stand around and let the ball drop on routine plays, or throw away the balls you do catch, the other team is going to score.

Edited by cleo
  • Love 2

Christian Vasquez is a catcher and the DH slot is already occupied by JD Martinez.  If you're going to insist on keeping his bat in the lineup because your bench sucks but want to give him a break from all the crouching then where else would you put him?

Oh, and the Red Sox have lost their last three games by a combined 47(!) runs.  Some crappy defense at 1B isn't the determining factor here.

• Love 2
(edited)

He certainly missed a lot of plays.  I wouldn't say he was 'crappy', but a really good defensive first baseman helps the team a lot and hides bad throws from infielders. 

It's sad to think about Charlie Montoyo being fired where I am hard pressed to think of a game he had as bad as this one.

At the same time, I guess I have to give Schneider some credit for the win.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
(edited)

*Wonders if @ebk57 is sitting in Camden Yards in 102 degree heat…*

even if baseball is once again DUMB and STUPID

Speaking of stupid, the HOF ceremony is going on while games are being played?  Is that always the way during non-COVID years? Also, hopefully they all speak quickly because there is some nasty-ass weather on the way.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

*Wonders if @ebk57 is sitting in Camden Yards in 102 degree heat…*

even if baseball is once again DUMB and STUPID

Speaking of stupid, the HOF ceremony is going on while games are being played?  Is that always the way during non-COVID years? Also, hopefully they all speak quickly because there is some nasty-ass weather on the way.

I "very generously" gave my tickets to a friend so she could take her twins.  Because it's hot as hell out there.  And really, it's the Yankees.  Who wants to go to that game?!? 😄

Also, since the ceremony is always on a Sunday, and never at night from what I recall, I'd guess it does go on while the games are happening.  But I wouldn't swear to that since I'm very old and very forgetful...

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I distinctly remember going back and forth over taping  Mo’s induction ceremony and watching the Yankees game, or vice versa..(Paxton ended up having his posterior handed to him, so I switched to the induction.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1