Type keyword(s) to search

Davina & Sean

• Start Topic

Davina has indicated she would be open to being sexually intimate, and he just sits there. Doesn't even seem to show minimal hands-on affection. Why? It might lead to sex.

Ha. Davina may be past her prime, but if Sean thought she was at all serious he'd be all over her. But he's smart enough to see that she isn't. She's been using the promise of sex to try to keep him in line since the honeymoon and he isn't playing along. That was the whole point of her "ramp it up" speech a few eps ago.
  • Love 1
Ha. Davina may be past her prime, but if Sean thought she was at all serious he'd be all over her. But he's smart enough to see that she isn't. She's been using the promise of sex to try to keep him in line since the honeymoon and he isn't playing along. That was the whole point of her "ramp it up" speech a few eps ago.

I disagree - I think she indicated that she would like them to be heading in that direction - but this guy doesn't even kiss her goodnight!  and the "back rub" he gave her that one ep where he called her skin pizza dough - he's made it pretty clear that he's not interested.  Now maybe he would have sex just to do it ( he is Christian Grey sexual after all!) but he has not shown one bit of interest in becoming gradually more intimate -unlike Doug, who was all about getting the kiss and the cuddle until Jamie was ready to take it further.

• Love 1

I think Sean avoided sex with Davina because he knew she wanted a serious relationship and he didn't.  If she were showing signs of being down with a no-strings fling, he'd have been all over her like white on rice.  It was like taking a cold shower for him to think that having sex with her might make her expect a commitment from him.  It would be much easier to back out of it if he never had sex, too, but I think it just killed his interest knowing that this was for-real for her.  It makes me think of that film they showed on Python with the tower falling and all these other humorously phallic images to symbolize the loss of an erection!

• Love 2
Everyone keeps bringing up the relocation thing, but I fault the experts for pairing a woman who had a deal breaker of not leaving Manhattan and a man who would have a two hour commute from Manhattan to his job. Surely they had to know that compromise was not going to occur in their dynamic. I cannot really fault Sean for that because if the show is to be believed, they did not know anything about who they were marrying. He was not informed beforehand that his future wife would only be willing to live in Manhattan. For that, I cannot blame him. Aside from that, I would not be happy going from an expansive flat or my own home to an entire flat half the size of my master suite. I relocated from the UK to Australia, and two years on, I am just now fully acclimated. It takes time to adjust, and if he has anxiety or stress issues, I probably would, too. That flat was freakishly tiny, and it made me feel claustrophobic.

It has been stated the experts specifically asked Sean about moving to Manhattan, as they knew it would be a huge cultural and financial drain upon him.  He was willing.  It seems like he had very few deal breakers as a way  to increase his chances of being cast for the show.

I agree Davina is no picnic, but Sean might have a history of being fraudulent.  I say "might" because it is impossible for me to tell how reliable anonymous posters on internet boards are.

I also agree Davina is making herself look petty on social media, but the experience was probably a nightmare and she is doing some very human therapeutic venting.  I do think her "friends" need to stay out of it as they are not helping her case.

• Love 1

0I disagree - I think she indicated that she would like them to be heading in that direction - but this guy doesn't even kiss her goodnight!  and the "back rub" he gave her that one ep where he called her skin pizza dough - he's made it pretty clear that he's not interested.  Now maybe he would have sex just to do it ( he is Christian Grey sexual after all!) but he has not shown one bit of interest in becoming gradually more intimate

But wait-Sean has been "south of the Mason Dixon line"!

But wait-Sean has been "south of the Mason Dixon line"!

Who knows what "south of the Mason-Dixon line" means to Sean? Could be her chin for all we know ;)

Sean kills me. He says he's "Christian Grey sexual" but he's grossed out by toe-sucking. He thinks a romantic date is looking at glow-in-the-dark stars and eating Moon Pies. Considering that his and Davina's relations seem to consist of Legos, jigsaw puzzles, and bowling, I think it's safe to say that Sean never developed past 12 years old. I have no love for Davina, but Sean is utterly hopeless. I'd be frustrated/furious if I was stuck with this man-child too. Davina has her own set of issues, for sure, but I think she was at least sincere about wanting a relationship, in the beginning anyway. I don't think Sean ever was.

• Love 6

My pet peeve is Davina constantly saying "I believe EVERYTHING happens for a reason". No it doesn't! It's so cliche' and trite. Is she trying to convince herself that signing up for this and having Sean matched with her happened due to some Divine Cosmic reason that will eventually lead her to bliss? That the only outcome is going to be positive because "everything happens for a reason" and the reason it is all happend HAS to be something positive ...eventually...Is God behind MAFS pulling all the strings so no matter what the outcome "it was meant to be" all by itself with no input from you or your behavior? okay then.

• Love 6
(edited)

I have not read 50 Shades of Grey or seen the moving.  It does strike me that there is a little disconnect between Christian Grey Sexuality and the Holy Bible and the Rosary.  (I'm not trying to approach morality here, just not certain they go together.)  It is difficult to understand people's religious identity at times.

Wonder if the 2 hour commute was as much of an exaggeration as the cold he had when he came back from a tough day at the ER, before sitting down for wine & cheese with Davina.  (I hate to think he was in the ER sneezing and coughing on his patients).

If his lips are moving, he is lying.

Edited by Liberty
  • Love 2

My pet peeve is Davina constantly saying "I believe EVERYTHING happens for a reason". No it doesn't! It's so cliche' and trite. Is she trying to convince herself that signing up for this and having Sean matched with her happened due to some Divine Cosmic reason that will eventually lead her to bliss? That the only outcome is going to be positive because "everything happens for a reason" and the reason it is all happend HAS to be something positive ...eventually...Is God behind MAFS pulling all the strings so no matter what the outcome "it was meant to be" all by itself with no input from you or your behavior? okay then.

I hate that expression myself but in Davina's case I think she's just trying to make some rational sense out of her lousy luck in getting matched with Sean.  I think she knows she won't have a happy ending with him but is just trying not to give up hope that she'll find the right guy in the future.  I suppose believing in a deterministic reality in which God makes everything happen in one's life for the best is one way to work it out.  It's also fatalistic.  The implied belief is that everyone's life purpose is fulfilled in learning life lessons and our experiences are tailor made to bring us those lessons that we specifically need to learn.   It's a philosophy that I think is part of East Indian culture.  I myself believe in dumb luck, not fate.

• Love 2

Davina is a self absorbed wannabe princess. That guy is dodging a bullet getting out of this mess and is just making time until the final meeting. Interesting about the theory that he is gay - that story about the miscarriage had a "my girlfriend is a model in Canada" vibe to it. 

Its over between Davina and Sean. Sean is stupid! Bragging on tv about how you're very sexual, Christian Grey sexual. Men who seduced and lay women...don't talk, they just do it and get the deed done! Sean should've already bed her, straight dummy! Pussyification at its finest! Big ole titties and pretty toes...volcano eruption should've already taken place. Sean, you're a straight pussy!

• Love 1

Yes, Sean is a pussy.  He's a pussy because he's commitment-phobic.  Sean is such a commitment-phobe that he would run away from a RICH woman who could live anywhere she wants like she was the devil incarnate or something.  That's just crazy if you ask me.  If he played his cards right he could have had her eating out of his hand.  He could have given it more of a shot at least.   Oh but pussy Sean is so afraid of "big bad Davina".  This is where I believe he was bullied and still feels like a victim inside.  He feels trapped and suffocated by a woman with real wants and needs.  He goes into his victim mode when faced with that and the pussy persona comes out.  I can't believe Dr. C bought his shit about wanting love soooo bad.  Sean is so full of it he believes his own lies.

• Love 1

I've wondered about Sean and I am not going to say anything bad about him, but he does seem socially handicapped. It wouldn't affect his job because he really doesn't socialize with patients in an aesthetic environment. He is most likely an excellent nurse who can triage a patient quickly and act accordingly. Maybe he did have an agenda and pictured himself either successful at this reality show or doors opening for others. Sean wasn't prepared for reality, and he wasn't socially equipped for a relationship IMHO. I think when the adrenalin and booze wore off that wedding Sean panicked. I see why he has non committal dates and that he likes solo competitions (aside from bowling) like iron man, triathlons, charity runs, etc.This isn't necessarily bad, (I am a loner with a husband who understands) just not the best personality for this "experiment". I also believe a small portion of what Sean says and am not sure he doesn't believe all of it. I will say that like me he is very good at social media (well maybe I'm not that good) but he does reply to people who post on his Facebook page. Lastly, I have wondered how it would have played out if Sean had been matched with any of the ladies from season one or two. I have imagined some interesting conversations.

Why will I not be surprised is Sean says he wants to stay married?

If he says he wants the divorce, then he is out of the limelight. That is were he wants to stay. He'll ramble on about they had this "connection" at the wedding, he wants love more than anything and if she wants the divorce then  he can play the victim card.

I don't see him just walking away.

I think Davina is a pill, but is being to look much worse than she is, because the show can not let on that the they were conned by Sean.  The whole premise is these wise and learned experts know better about what you need than you do.  If it comes out how easily they were taken in by a fame whore who just wanted to be on t.v. then there is no purpose to the supposed "experiment".

Last year they could blame Vaughn and Monet's failure on both of them not knowing what they truly wanted.  This year they have to cover their tracks and gaslight Davina. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Sean 's parents must have overdone the praise for their Son in an effort to ease the bullying issue....once they found out about it.  He needs to be praised for all things he does in life.  There were endless examples of this during the season, but here are just a few:

1.  Wanted praise for putting the moon section of the puzzle together.  By the way, that puzzle he bought was for 8+ year olds.  Odd.

2.  Wanted praise for tidying up their apartment.

3.  Wanted praise for hammering a simple nail into the wall when hanging the picture-less frames.  And this was after he told Davina, trips to the ER are usually involved when he does handyman work.  She replied OMG to that statement.   He is just too much to take.

Otherwise, their relationship has consisted of putting one another down...constantly...often done/masked with humor. 

Also, Sean's statement to the life coach was nauseating...he said he was nervous at the wedding and Davina held his hand...which made him feel better.  I don't care for Davina either...but Sean may be a worse mate to deal with in life (weak, insecure and unmanly...not an in charge, in control type of guy).  I'll bet he needs praise in his trama job as well...both from the patients and his coworkers and superiors.  

I did notice Sean acts odd in social situations.  And he was rocking back and forth while in a seated position at the winery while visiting with that married couple.  It always appears as if he is extremely uncomfortable is all social settings.

Edited by Phoenix
  • Love 2

I stand by my earlier comment. Sean tried on the wedding night but Davina said no so Sean backed off. Davina can't STAND for someone to refuse her so she keeps hinting at "some sex" at some point in the future. She's just trying to get Sean to chase her but he isn't playing along and it's wearing on her self esteem.

I'm sure her act worked on guys - 10 years ago. Now she needs to face the reality that she's past her prime and, if she doesn't start being more agreeable, she'll miss her chance to have children and a family. Or end up single at 40 looking to adopt...

I don't know what "past their prime" means.  Is Davina a piece of steak?  

OMG, how horrible to "end up" single at forty.  I guess women should just kill themselves if that happens, huh?

• Love 13

I'm sure her act worked on guys - 10 years ago. Now she needs to face the reality that she's past her prime and, if she doesn't start being more agreeable, she'll miss her chance to have children and a family. Or end up single at 40 looking to adopt...

I don't know, I kind of think Davina would be better off staying single and never having kids if the alternative was to have to kiss up to Sean....

• Love 5

I don't know what "past their prime" means.  Is Davina a piece of steak?  

OMG, how horrible to "end up" single at forty.  I guess women should just kill themselves if that happens, huh?

It means she's not as attractive as she might have been at 24 so men are less likely to tolerate her attitude. Plus, she's not as fertile either. So, if we believe her stated intent to be married and have children, she'd better get with it.

The window for bearing children is closing fast. While women are having children later, the recommended age is still 20-35.

It's fine to end up alone at 40, but Davina has specifically said she doesn't want that. She's desperate enough to go on TV to try to find a man.

• Love 1

It means she's not as attractive as she might have been at 24 so men are less likely to tolerate her attitude. Plus, she's not as fertile either. So, if we believe her stated intent to be married and have children, she'd better get with it.

The window for bearing children is closing fast. While women are having children later, the recommended age is still 20-35.

It's fine to end up alone at 40, but Davina has specifically said she doesn't want that. She's desperate enough to go on TV to try to find a man.

I don't get this because Sean is no prize either.

• Love 8
(edited)

Does anyone really know whether the reason Davina is still single is because she isn't agreeable or as attractive as she used to be?  BTW, I think it's kind of presumptuous to assume that she is less attractive to men or that men would be less likely to tolerate her attitude because of it.  I've seen perfectly attractive men totally gone over older and less attractive women than Davina.  Besides, there's a whole category of divorced men over 40 with money in NY that I think would find her quite attractive.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 4

I think Davina is very attractive, and I'm also impressed with how articulate she is. I'm sure there are many men in NYC who will be very interested.

What about after they watch the show? ;)

• Love 2

I'm just going through the timing of Sean's DUI and his getting that woman pregnant. Did all that happen around the same time then? He was booked on the DUI on 6/20/13. The miscarriage happened in early 2014, and at that point they knew the baby's gender. So maybe she had been around 6 months pregnant at that point. Yikes, Sean had a busy summer.

And then after all that happens, he signs up for MAFS when? OMG, his poor mother. Can you imagine? "Oh, hi, Mom, I got a DUI." "Hey, Mom, it's me, Sean. Yeah, I just got a FWB preggers and am going to be a father." "Oops, change in plans, Mom; she lost the baby." "Mom, guess what? I'm gonna be on TV getting married to someone I never met before!"

Davina does come off as a bit of a high-maintenance snowflake, but at least it feels honest. I could see her with a very successful, assertive New Yorker who would treat her like some kind of trophy or prize, but I think she may be happy in that role, so whatevs. With Sean, I have no idea what kind of woman would make him happy, because there doesn't seem to be a genuine or honest there there.

• Love 7
(edited)

Interesting about the DWI in FLA. 

"Sean has been arrested on at least one DUI charge. He also allegedly violated probation while filming the show"

Edited by Vinyasa

Davina does come off as a bit of a high-maintenance snowflake, but at least it feels honest. I could see her with a very successful, assertive New Yorker who would treat her like some kind of trophy or prize, but I think she may be happy in that role, so whatevs. With Sean, I have no idea what kind of woman would make him happy, because there doesn't seem to be a genuine or honest there there.

Preach!

For better or worse, I feel like I got a pretty good sense of who each of these people were this season, except for Sean.  Everything out of his mouth was a manipulative platitude.  Maybe he's not even a real person, just some artificial intelligence created specifically for reality show appearances.  It could explain why Dr. C's so jazzed on him.

My husband (who ended up genuinely enjoying watching this show for snark value way more than he would ever admit) finally came around to agree on my distrust of Sean during the final episode.  He was like, "Wow, everything out of his mouth is just what he thinks people want to hear!"  And when Sean started going on about finding God, hubby burst out laughing.

• Love 5

When Sean said he found God, that had to be the most insincere thing that came out of his mouth during the entire "experiment."  

Maybe he'll end up on a Bravo show, like Real Housewives of New Jersey; that way he'll never need to leave the state and won't be so anxious.

• Love 7

Wow, my take-away from this couple was waaaay different from almost everyone else's.

Davina didn't bother me that much, because everything that drove her crazy about Sean and turned her into a pouty-puss would have driven me absolutely crazy too.  There was not one single time when he seemed to actually, sincerely, listen to her or engage with her.  He's so far up his OWN butt he can't see the light of day.

More to the point...I'm thinking this guy is a giiiiiant closet case.   He just doesn't want to come out, because that would just prove the bullies right.   I'd never in a million years buy him as a big "player".   The guy barely has ANY social skills at all!   I think he just did a lot of big talking (Christian Grey?!) to put on a facade, while his inner 12 year old was just screaming, "EEEEEW, girlz=yuckyyyy!"

• Love 6

Just curious. Does anyone know what sign Davina is? Sean is a sagittarius .

She posted on May 22nd that she was celebrating her birthday with the other girls so that still doesn't answer it as she could be Taurus or Gemini depending on if she celebrated on the weekend before or after her birthday lol Sorry it narrowed it down a little

Davina was a huge disappointment. The woman only knows the word "I"!! Her narcissism was beyond annoying. She will never love anyone as much as she loves herself. Admittedly, we were not huge Shawn fans but the fact that Davina would not take ANY responsibility for the failure of their "journey" was disturbing enough for me to write this comment. Enjoy your sad, miserable, lonely life Davina.

• Love 5

Davina was a huge disappointment. The woman only knows the word "I"!! Her narcissism was beyond annoying. She will never love anyone as much as she loves herself. Admittedly, we were not huge Shawn fans but the fact that Davina would not take ANY responsibility for the failure of their "journey" was disturbing enough for me to write this comment. Enjoy your sad, miserable, lonely life Davina.

davina_o_5460367.jpg

• Love 1

Davina is all about Davina.  Sean did not have a chance.  She knew he did not want to move to New York.  She knew he worked in New Jersey, yet, she expected him to move to New York, sleep with her every night and then get up and drive all the way to his work site. And when he was not willing to do everything the exact way she wanted, she called him the bad buy.   Davina was not willing to meet Sean half way.  She wanted him to do all the giving and she was not willing to give an inch to make things easier for him.  I felt sorry for Sean.  Davina was a total biotch.  She thought she deserved a much more wealthy man.   Why?  She is attractive but not nearly as much as she believes.  Davina had no interest in trying to make a marriage work, Sean did.  He did try, but he was not willing to do it all by himself, which is what Davina wanted him to do.  She obviously thought she should just sit back and be adored.  Bravo for Sean, who knew he was just as worthy as she.  He went over and beyond to try to make this narcissistic female happy.  She never even tried.

• Love 3
(edited)

"Bravo for Sean" are three words that will never come out of my mouth.   I think he's a lying liar who lies and a manipulating manipulator who, you guessed it, manipulates.    Varying mileages, I guess.

Edited by rulesoftravel
  • Love 8

I'm saying it again.  I like Davina.  Davina and I could be friends.  Davina is smart and tough and has a bit cynical outlook.  Moreover, she stands up for herself and can't be beat down.  Sean was a poseur from the get go.   He didn't ask her questions about herself to get to know her.   He lied several times to her (and probably more that we didn't know about.)  He wasn't real.  It wasn't the move that did them in, it was Sean's not being able to play out his narrative because Davina confronted him and didn't let him play the part he had predetermined.   

I'm a professional woman, and I don't care in the least about what a partner does for a living as long as he is smart and funny and caring and have a true interest in the work they are doing.  I like men who work with their hands and can build things and yet read and have an interest in the world.  He could be a teacher, a cowboy, a carpenter., even a nurse!   These people do exist.  In my opinion, people make decisions about Davina based on her money, her lifestyle, and her absolute intolerance for B.S.   She is by no means a perfect person, but neither am I and I know scant perfect people.   But as the previous poster said, mileage varies wildly.  

• Love 11

"Bravo for Sean" are three words that will never come out of my mouth.   I think he's a lying liar who lies and a manipulating manipulator who, you guessed it, manipulates.    Varying mileages, I guess.

I totally agree.

I didn't watch last night; just reading the comments here was enough to make my head explode. But I do want to make this comment about Sean's DUI.

He's an ER nurse. Presumably he's seen more than his fair share of people coming into ER who were victims of impaired drivers. Then he goes out and drives impaired himself? What an as*wipe!!

• Love 5

He's an ER nurse. Presumably he's seen more than his fair share of people coming into ER who were victims of impaired drivers. Then he goes out and drives impaired himself? What an as*wipe!!

And to top it off gets caught speeding 4 days later, you think the first driving charge make him more cautious for a while

• Love 4

Davina is all about Davina.  Sean did not have a chance.  She knew he did not want to move to New York.  She knew he worked in New Jersey, yet, she expected him to move to New York, sleep with her every night and then get up and drive all the way to his work site. And when he was not willing to do everything the exact way she wanted, she called him the bad buy.   Davina was not willing to meet Sean half way.  She wanted him to do all the giving and she was not willing to give an inch to make things easier for him.  I felt sorry for Sean.  Davina was a total biotch.  She thought she deserved a much more wealthy man.   Why?  She is attractive but not nearly as much as she believes.  Davina had no interest in trying to make a marriage work, Sean did.  He did try, but he was not willing to do it all by himself, which is what Davina wanted him to do.  She obviously thought she should just sit back and be adored.  Bravo for Sean, who knew he was just as worthy as she.  He went over and beyond to try to make this narcissistic female happy.  She never even tried.

Here's my confusion.  Though I do think it seems Davina expects too much, and expects courtship to be like in a romance novel, I do think she got duped.  Sean said he would move.  Sean never told Davina about his promotion, which meant he could not move.  Davina said up front that she did not want to leave Manhattan, she put her cards on the table, but I feel Sean didn't.  

But the real issue with both of them is there was no way something like this could have worked. If Sean and Davina had met organically, dated despite the location issues, fell in love and got married, they could have worked out where they were going to live.  This situation made no sense for either of them.

I think Davina might be a bit too hard though.  She's probably been hurt but putting up walls won't do you any favors in the relationship department.  

• Love 4

I'm loathe to take sides in this because it's a matter of shoveling horseshit vs chickenshit, but the way Cilona made excuses for Sean while challenging Davina on everything made me sympathize with her by default.

• Love 8

I have noticed at the start we used the tags Dr for both Logan & Cirlona now we do not do you think it is because we lost respect with them?

For me it is a big yes, when I lose respect for somebody I also tune out their opinions so find even if they had the best message I would automatically dismiss it and look for the fault so lose more respect and the cycle continue to all I do is snark about them.

• Love 2

didn't watch last night; just reading the comments here was enough to make my head explode. But I do want to make this comment about Sean's DUI.

He's an ER nurse. Presumably he's seen more than his fair share of people coming into ER who were victims of impaired drivers. Then he goes out and drives impaired himself?

Not defending Sean for one second, but there are lawyers and judges that have gotten DUIs also.

I still want to know if he was on probation and drinking on New Years Eve and at the winery.

The producers did everything they could to make Davina look bad because she called the 'Spurts out early on their incompetence.

This is how they will keep the Season 3 participants in line. "If you don't worship us we'll make you out to be a horrible person."

• Love 5

Not defending Sean for one second, but there are lawyers and judges that have gotten DUIs also.

... (clipped)

True enough, but they aren't present when victims are brought into ER all bloody and torn. SV would see the immediate results of driving impaired in all their graphic detail.

• Love 4

Of course everything happens for a reason. You got matched with a loser because the matchmakers were idiots. The matchmakers are idiots because their parents dropped them on their heads. Their parents dropped them on their heads because they were careless. They were careless because they were distracted. They were distracted because they saw squirrels on the bird feeders. The squirrels were on the bird feeders because they were hungry. They were hungry because the tree containing their stash of acorns was cut down. The tree was cut down because it has Dutch Elm Disease.

Yes everything happens for a reason. Davina and Sean were matched because of Dutch Elm Disease.

• Love 10