Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Reminder:  Do not post links, pictures etc. etc. of private social media accounts. Posts with pictures or links will be hidden or edited in the future. Thank you.

How do we know if they're private if we can see them?  The links I tried to post were working fine until I linked them inside this forum.   Guess I may just stop sharing.

How do we know if they're private if we can see them?  The links I tried to post were working fine until I linked them inside this forum.   Guess I may just stop sharing.

I asked the same question. If I can see them, I have no idea if they are private. Not unless I don't know how to checl.

• Love 1

I asked the same question. If I can see them, I have no idea if they are private. Not unless I don't know how to checl.

The only way I've discovered how to find out if someone you were already following has gone private is to click unfollow.  If they are public, it will say like "are you sure you want to unfollow so and so?" If they are private, it says something like "so and so is private; if you unfollow you will have to request to follow again" Then just hit "cancel" so you don't accidentally unfollow someone you DO want to keep following.

That's the only way I've been able to tell LOL

• Love 1

It is difficult to tell sometimes. Especially since many of us followed the girls before they decided to go private. Maybe since we're not always sure, we can include a disclaimer that the page MAY be private..and if someone flags it as such, then we can go ahead and edit our post..instead of being warned about something we don't know.

• Love 2

We do not mind the links to the girls social media accounts, but we have to respect their privacy and the reasoning behind why they close their accounts to the general public. No one will get in trouble if he or she posts a private link, but we do need to be careful.

(edited)

I don't know if any of you follow Megan C. on instagram but she posted an awesome dance video. Show group is well deserved!

It's private or else I would have posted the link

Edited by Bailey3606

I don't know if any of you follow Megan C. on instagram but she posted an awesome dance video. Show group is well deserved!

It's private or else I would have posted the link

Yesss!! I saw it...she is amazing for sure! Holly's clip from a dance competition was awesome too...seriously no wonder they are SG. Now I'm really curious about the other rookie who made it.

• Love 1
(edited)

We do not mind the links to the girls social media accounts, but we have to respect their privacy and the reasoning behind why they close their accounts to the general public. No one will get in trouble if he or she posts a private link, but we do need to be careful.

Again I ask....If *I* can see it how can I tell if it's private and therefore not allowed without going to a lot of trouble to find out first?

Edited by lscobee
  • Love 1

Again I ask....If *I* can see it how can I tell if it's private and therefore not allowed without going to a lot of trouble to find out first?

I am checking with the one of the administators who oversees the forums about private social media accounts. I did click on the person's user name when it comes to the instagram accounts, and the name took me to a page where I it said the account was private and I needed permission to follow. It is a little confusing, and I thank everyone for their patience and cooperation.

On Access Hollywood, Kelli responds to the question of if $100 per game is fair and she says "that's not what we pay...we value our girls". I thought I recall hearing that they only got paid $50 a game. 

On Access Hollywood, Kelli responds to the question of if $100 per game is fair and she says "that's not what we pay...we value our girls". I thought I recall hearing that they only got paid $50 a game. 

I've read several times that they get paid $150 per home game. It could have gone up.

(edited)

I didn't think the girls were reimbursed for practices... I thought it was just home games and appearances.  And I thought I read somewhere that only vets are paid for appearances... Maybe they've changed their policies in light of recent lawsuits and bad publicity so they can be the ones to say, "Oh, we treat our cheerleaders fairly because we value them, unlike other teams out there."

Edited by ClosetBachJunkie
(edited)

I've read several times that they get paid $150 per home game. It could have gone up.

I didn't think the girls were reimbursed for practices... I thought it was just home games and appearances.  And I thought I read somewhere that only vets are paid for appearances... Maybe they've changed their policies in light of recent lawsuits and bad publicity so they can be the ones to say, "Oh, we treat our cheerleaders fairly because we value them, unlike other teams out there."

If I remember right, the girls get paid for appearances depending on how many years they have been on the squad.

I thought they were always paid for rehearsals?

There is a pay schedule for rehearsals, home football games, promo appearances & shows.

FAQ

Edited by lscobee

My guess is that getting paid for rehearsals, which is definitely new, ithat s why there is a squad of 34. Saying you are taking 36 and then taking 34 is great TV, but I have always been convinced Kelli's budget dictates the size of the squad, not "if they are gelling"

• Love 1

Oops, sorry for double post.

The getting paid for rehearsals is new, probably in response to all the lawsuits involving other squads. However, the girls were already getting dental care, hair cuts and color, free hair and skin products, makeup, exercise and dance classes, shoes, clothing, gift certificates to various businesses around Dallas, etc. That is better than what a lot of other squads got

• Love 3

Even with a budgetary restriction, I personally felt just before the final squad was announced that they would have a great squad with 32 by eliminating all of the risky / on the bubble dancers. Don't get me wrong....some girls can and do improve, but then there are others like Kaitlyn and Morgan or Breelan.

Even with a budgetary restriction, I personally felt just before the final squad was announced that they would have a great squad with 32 by eliminating all of the risky / on the bubble dancers. Don't get me wrong....some girls can and do improve, but then there are others like Kaitlyn and Morgan or Breelan.

Then they wouldn't have those "risky/on the bubble dancers" as vets to come back and cause drama for season 11....just sayin

32 is the number of cheerleaders allowed at The Super Bowl.  If the Cowboys go to the Super bowl, they would only be allowed to take 32 girls.  2 of the cheerleaders would have to sit out- or maybe they could go but not be allowed on the field. 

Caila was one I was worried about but she seems to have really blossomed and worked hard.  I agree that their vets are solid but I wonder how many WILL leave after this year?  I cant imagine Holly staying much longer and Angela keeps tagging pics #victorylap so I imagine she's done after this season.  I sort of wonder if Danielle will peace out too.  Looks like Jenny Kat and Jacie are on either side of Holly with the triangle so I bet they both stay another year at least.

• Love 2

Caila was one I was worried about but she seems to have really blossomed and worked hard.  I agree that their vets are solid but I wonder how many WILL leave after this year?  I cant imagine Holly staying much longer and Angela keeps tagging pics #victorylap so I imagine she's done after this season.  I sort of wonder if Danielle will peace out too.  Looks like Jenny Kat and Jacie are on either side of Holly with the triangle so I bet they both stay another year at least.

I noticed the triangle too and was wondering why Angela does not travel as much anymore. I do wonder who will be on either side of Holly at the games. I would hope Angela gets that spot that JenniferK is in just because of seniority. Holly and Angela are the only two 5 year vets. But who knows what K&J will decide.

I don't think seniority ever mattered in terms of performance spots. I've seen some rookies in better spots than veterans. I think K & J choose based on dancing ability as well as looks. Hair color comes into play (imo) because they're always looking for a balanced look. They always say that they wouldn't want too many blondes or brunettes on one side in pictures and I also think Judy takes that into consideration for performances as well.

• Love 1

I doubt they will change the triangle before the season starts. Jennifer was right behind Jacie or Emma last year so I assumed she'd move right up to the triangle, especially with how accelerated her journey with DCC has been.

• Love 1

I kind of almost think Angela stayed this year because K&J asked her to...she seems to enjoy it but not as much as she used to. She's married now and is 30...NOT saying it's the time everyone has kids (I'm 30 and married and not ready yet!) but I have a feeling she's thinking about it.  My thought is she planned to retire after last year and K&J were like holy crap, Holly Arielle is going to be our only remaining 5 year! so they talked to her about maybe staying at least one more year and being a GL. 

I will be interested to see if Jenny Kat or Angela gets the third point of the triangle.  Jacie, Holly, Jen and Ang are all GLs so it could be any of them.  I feel like Jen will get it though since she can do no wrong (and don't mean to sound snotty by that lol...she truly seems to be an awesome person and performer).

And I do think Kinzie will get a better spot.  She is their main promo image girl this year and a second leader.  And I cannot get over her beautiful dancing!

• Love 2

I kind of almost think Angela stayed this year because K&J asked her to...she seems to enjoy it but not as much as she used to.  

I seriously doubt they "convinced" her to come back. She originally planned to retire, but she changed her mind since she couldn't imagine not going for her fifth season.

I seriously doubt they "convinced" her to come back. She originally planned to retire, but she changed her mind since she couldn't imagine not going for her fifth season.

I didn't know that! I thought she was pretty set on not returning, didn't go on calendar shoot, etc. Well, whatever the case, Im' glad she is back.  I will miss her for sure!

• Love 1

jbaton, thanks!!!  I wish to God they would put out a training video like this!!!!!! I have the DCC calorie Blasting Dance one, but it just teaches you a bit.  Something like this would be great!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I love how patient Jennifer was with them. What was with the random blow up doll? I died laughing!

Wow, Jennifer's jump split was not a smooth landing. But she recovered well.

Edited by DCCFAN71

I love how patient Jennifer was with them. What was with the random blow up doll? I died laughing!

IMO I though the talk show hosts could've cared less how they looked and weren't one bit paying attention to Jennifer.....