Type keyword(s) to search

7 Little Johnstons - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Or that's what she did for the sake of filming/family. Then she had her real party with her friends - people who actually like her - and kept it off camera.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Quof said:

Or that's what she did for the sake of filming/family. Then she had her real party with her friends - people who actually like her - and kept it off camera.

Or maybe she was not interested in drinking alcohol. Not everyone likes it .

• Like 6
19 hours ago, TMI said:

Anna celebrated her 21st at a cakestore or icecream/candy store...Proving that she is definitely considered "THE STEPCHILD"

An ice cream shop for a 21st birthday "party". Not saying that you have to have alcohol for your 21st birthday celebration, but that is what legally comes with age 21. Age 16, driver's license and cars. Age 18, voting and legal for sex. Age 21, can drink alcohol.

Something I noticed this episode: They all went shopping for clothes for the party, but Anna wasn't able to attend. "She already has her outfit", as Mom and Dad buy everyone else outfits.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
34 minutes ago, Lurk said:

An ice cream shop for a 21st birthday "party". Not saying that you have to have alcohol for your 21st birthday celebration, but that is what legally comes with age 21. Age 16, driver's license and cars. Age 18, voting and legal for sex. Age 21, can drink alcohol.

Something I noticed this episode: They all went shopping for clothes for the party, but Anna wasn't able to attend. "She already has her outfit", as Mom and Dad buy everyone else outfits.

Elizabeth said that Anna didn't shop with everyone because she was sick.

• Useful 2

I can't believe next week is the season finale.  Is it just me or was this season extremely boring?  The only time I felt entertained was when they went to Finland.  Enough with the dancing, because clearly, they suck at it. That Trent and his poo took up 15 minutes of the last episode said it all.  Perhaps, it's time to say "goodbye".  

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I just saw last week’s episode.  I thought Liz’s party speech was odd.  Sounded very Amber like. Ugh…. I hate shots.  I’ve never understood it.  Fine if you enjoy them, but for some reason people like to insist I do shots, WHY?  I enjoy sipping wine or champagne just fine.  Lol. Based on my experience people like watching other people do shots more than doing them themselves.  😝

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4

Well, I can relate to Brice’s situation.  I had to end a relationship to my first fiancé due to just not being into it.  I wasn’t drawn to him physically after awhile and I wasn’t inspired to do things together.  We were an established couple, but I could not imagine walking down the aisle.  I used to ask my girlfriends how could I be sure I should marry him and they assured me my concerns were valid.  It hurts the other person who’s invested, but better before marriage than after.  You can’t make someone feel a certain way.  Although, my ex didn’t find much comfort in that.  Liz is hurt and disappointed, but hopefully, she’ll move forward and still be happy single or with someone else.  

Spoiler

Anyone know which one ended it?  

• Like 3

Liz, if you want Brice to express his feelings about your relationship, maybe don't speak for him and then get pissed when he agrees with you. Also, don't air your issues on television for the whole world to see. You are your mother's daughter - and not in a good way.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

Also, wtf is all this talk about Jonah finishing "finance school"? What "finance school"??? I would like to know what degree he got and where. He is now going to get a job in "finance" and move out. No, wait. He is not ready to move out according to Trent and Amber. These people are so ridiculous.

• Like 8
(edited)

Jonah wants to complete his F&I Dealership Finance Training which is an inside desk jockey job helping car buyers complete paperwork for their Financial options...cash, loan, trade in  combo and all Insurance needs of the customer.

We all have sat in one of these finance manager's office if you have purchased a new or used car from a dealership.

Actually it is a good job fit for Jonah who hates being outside in the hot and humid Georgia weather and wet or freezing in the winter.

He'll make a salary instead of a commission.

Trent is more of the guy who likes to schmooze within the sales team and wooing customers using his basic cable teevee fame and aw shucks demeanor.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Like 10
  • Useful 3

I’m not sure why some people are such control freaks, but it seems to dominate Trent and Amber.  It even reaches into their extended family.  If it continues, as they get older it will really frustrate them, because eventually people develop their own lives and ignore the interference.  My parents are also very controlling and now that they are seniors, it causes them immense anxiety that they can’t control family members any longer.  They still try, but aren’t effective.  I don’t understand it, because their parents weren’t like that at all.  They didn’t grow up with it.  It’s brought them and others a lot of misery.  

• Like 4

Elizabeth couldn't wait to have Brice move in.  Practically harassed the poor guy. There is nothing about him that says, "outgoing, party animal", so I don't know why she is surprised.  He seems laid back and easygoing.  Well, there is an old saying, "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it."  

• Like 8
  • Wink 1

The controlling behavior by Trent and especially Amber is so obnoxious and cringeworthy, especially concerning the romantic relationships of their children. When Alex stated to Emma that the first people he would tell when he finally kissed his girlfriend are HIS PARENTS, I couldn't believe it.  Why would they need to know this fact and why would he feel obligated to tell them his most private moments???  Also, the way that Trent was grilling Brice regarding his living situation with Liz was over the top.  Now Trent and Amber have decided that Jonah should live with his girlfriend, although they were completely against this relationship for the past few seasons.  They have to stop being helicopter parents and let the kids succeed/fail on their own.  It's the only way they are going to learn any life lessons.

• Like 5

Brice is what, the same age as Elizabeth, so perhaps 21-22.  Doesn't he work in HVAC? That requires at least a year of training, maybe 2, and he'll always have lots of job opportunities.  He doesn't appear to go out drinking and partying with the boys, he just likes to relax after working all week by going hunting, fishing, etc.  He's not my type, but he seems to be a steady, reliable guy.  What did Elizabeth think she was signing up for? 

• Like 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Elizabeth couldn't wait to have Brice move in.  Practically harassed the poor guy. There is nothing about him that says, "outgoing, party animal", so I don't know why she is surprised.  He seems laid back and easygoing.  Well, there is an old saying, "Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it."  

Not to mention the fact that moving in together is not going to make a relationship more exciting. You are now into the mundane.  For me, familiarity has always bred contempt.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 8

Brice will go to his HVAC job, make a paycheck.

Come home, have his supper, relax by doing his taxidermy.

On Weekends fish, hunt, hangout with family.

Salt of the earth, loyal, reliable, loving, kind...willing to put up with your whining and talking bad in front of him.

Plenty of women that part of the rural Georgia would love to have such a peach.

Liz, set him loose and see if you can do better.

You can't.

You think you can.

But you can't, gf.

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4

I certainly did not sign up to watch this become the Trent & Amber show. 🤢

Oh Liz, you just pushed and pushed him to move in. Now you feel like you are stuck. Maybe you should have thought about it. You just turned 21, go out and live a little, and still date Bryce, but why rush to move in together if you like doing certain things and he doesn't? When they were sitting on the couch, he does seem like he has checked out, compared to earlier when he was gushing over her. While I know many little people have issues with snoring, try and find something that helps, whether it be a CPAP machine or even separate bedrooms.

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Oh Liz, you just pushed and pushed him to move in. Now you feel like you are stuck. Maybe you should have thought about it. You just turned 21, go out and live a little, and still date Bryce, but why rush to move in together if you like doing certain things and he doesn't? When they were sitting on the couch, he does seem like he has checked out, compared to earlier when he was gushing over her.

I have a feeling that she was acting like she liked what he liked when they were dating. The hunting and fishing and all of the outdoorsy stuff. Now that he has moved in, she felt she did not have to continue acting like she does and was hoping they would do other things together.  It's not like she did not know who he was and what he liked as she has told everyone countless times exactly how many days they had been dating as you @Mahamid Frauded Me have been keeping careful track over the ALMOST FOUR YEARS!

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Kid said:

I have a feeling that she was acting like she liked what he liked when they were dating. The hunting and fishing and all of the outdoorsy stuff. Now that he has moved in, she felt she did not have to continue acting like she does and was hoping they would do other things together.  It's not like she did not know who he was and what he liked as she has told everyone countless times exactly how many days they had been dating as you @Mahamid Frauded Me have been keeping careful track over the ALMOST FOUR YEARS!

@Kid I am so sorry I disappointed you by forgetting their dating timeline, I think I was still hovering over the toilet from the photoshoot, it slipped my mind

• LOL 11
13 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

@Kid I am so sorry I disappointed you by forgetting their dating timeline, I think I was still hovering over the toilet from the photoshoot, it slipped my mind

You did not - you did a fine job!!  Gave me my best laughs.  🤣🤣  Liz said almost four years in this episode.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1

The poop sample episode followed by the bedroom photo shoot are perfect examples of what some people are willing to sell for reality tv money -- their dignity.

@humbleopinion said everything I wanted to say about Brice but did it so much better than I could.  Brice will have no trouble at all finding a young woman who is thrilled to have a loyal and devoted guy like him who wants to work and provide a quiet and simple life for her.  For Liz, he might end up being the one that got away. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 6/21/2023 at 10:08 AM, sharwoods said:

When Alex stated to Emma that the first people he would tell when he finally kissed his girlfriend are HIS PARENTS, I couldn't believe it.  

Why does he need to tell anyone?? Geez. Alex, maybe she doesn't want to kiss you and have you go run and tell everyone and the viewing audience about it. Or, maybe she's just not that into you. I am guessing it's the latter.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Anyone else wonder if Brice dumped Liz (for reasons we've all seen play out on national TV) and this "he's too boring for me" storyline is just revisionist history and/or damage control?  Plenty of women would love to have a sweet, kind, steady, reliable guy like Brice supporting them (HVAC is great money) if Liz thinks she's too fine a catch to settle for the likes of him.  Brice was a rebound after Liz got dumped last time, and it's been a race to the altar come hell or high water ever since!  Maybe she's out to show the ex what he's missing and "win."  Alex saying he'll tell T&A when they kiss reveals just how brainwashed those poor kids are; it's almost cult-like.  As for Anna's 21st, considering what a hash they made of both her Russian-themed birthday dinner at home (early season) and the visit to the NYC Russian tea house (everyone whined and ridiculed it), I wouldn't be surprised if the visit to the ice cream shop was more shade.  Amber in the boudoir shoot "to promote healthy weight loss" (yeah right), no words.  She seriously believes she is SMOKIN' hot enough to leave scorch marks.  Of course Trent constantly complimenting/lusting after her doesn't help her face reality.  I'm surprised even the larger house is large enough to contain that woman's ego.  More adults kids, please; less T&A!

• Like 4

I suppose we’ll get more scoop on Brice and Liz down the road.  Perhaps, they’ll patch things up, but Brice should keep in mind that life with Liz will be very entwined with her parents.  Ugh……don’t do it!  

I do think that Liz doesn’t really have much in common with Brice, despite her attempts to create bonds by fishing, outdoor recreation, hunting, etc.  She was not happy with the deer head on their walls.  Lol. I will confess that I have a print of a live deer in my country house dining room!  No judgement, please! Lol.  It’s quite tasteful. My uncle used to have multiple deer heads displayed in his home when I was a kid.  It’s not my thing.  I think that eventually, their lack of common interests would prove insurmountable.  Trent defends himself when Amber jabs (figuratively) at him, but I don’t know if Brice would do that with Liz.  I also think that Liz may consider herself more cerebral than Brice and that’s really at issue.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Amber said Trent was low in vitamin D like "WE" thought he would be? Who is We I wonder? Is there nothing she is not an expert on? If she knew he was low on vitamin D, she should have just corrected it and saved the money for the nutritionist. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Trent dropping almost 10% of his body weight has his pre diabetes numbers under control because at Jonah's reckoning dinner both he and Jonah were drinking hard liquor neat(for you non hard boozers that means no ice).

Should Jonah be drinking adult beverages while he is on the wagon?
Or is it the Amber Johnston's Addict Clinic's rules of no synthetic drugs but organic distilled booze gets the director's A-OK.

Maybe get a family discount at the biometric clinic with both Jonah and Liz sending their dookies in the same envelope for scientific analysis and weight loss guidance...just saying.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Yeah, for all the talk about their concern for what Jonah went through with that OTC drug that freaked him out…..they don’t know much about addiction.  If abstaining from drugs, that includes alcohol.  Of course, perhaps Jonah doesn’t have an addiction problem.  Maybe, he just experimented and had a bad experience.  I wonder if he really did get a proper substance abuse evaluation.  Some people need education and others are deemed to need more.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Is this season ended (2023) with a cliff hanger about Liz and Brice's relationship? I noticed today 8/27/23 is not on and Outdaughted has a preview.  So are we left hanging until next season?

On 6/27/2023 at 2:11 PM, js9548 said:

Is this season ended (2023) with a cliff hanger about Liz and Brice's relationship? I noticed today 8/27/23 is not on and Outdaughted has a preview.  So are we left hanging until next season?

I guess.  I sometimes miss episodes. 

• Like 1
On 6/27/2023 at 2:11 PM, js9548 said:

40 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I guess.  I sometimes miss episodes. 

I never thought of it as a cliff-hanger, but I guess it is. Will they or won’t they stay together?! 🤔😂

• LOL 2
(edited)

Trent and especially Amber are so enmeshed and overbearing in the kids lives. Telling them who they’re allowed to like & date  ( Jonah) When Brice & Liz really liked that rental house, of course T & A had to step in and put the kabash on it.  Having interfering in laws like that would suck big time for Brice. He’s a solid guy, he’ll have no trouble finding a new gf. Liz is definitely her mothers daughter, holy hell. Such a know it all .  
Lastly, ambers obvious dislike for the adopted Russian daughter is so apparent it’s sad. She seems like a nice kid trying to find her way How unlucky she got stuck with a cold narc like Amber.  It’s so obvious Emma & Alex are her fave adopted kids.  Telling Jonah to gtfo when he’s obviously not ready, dictating who he can date when he’s a grown man is outrageous 

TLC plz : LESS T & A , more kids content 

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm rewatching season 7. A few lowlights:

1. Amber walks back that they don't ever have accommodations for little people and they get their kitchen lowered. It bothers me solely because they spent the first 6 seasons saying they would never do it.

2. Jonah flunks out of college because he fails math twice. When speaking with Amber and Trent he blames Anna because one of the terms he drove her to school.

3.Amber always  confided in Jonah about Anna's troubles, including texting him at school (when he was a 9th grader) to say that she had spray painted the middle school.

4. They consider pets to be disposable--having given away Louis the french bull dog and Elizabeth sharing they'd had 3 previous weiner dogs (later they would give Anna Cruiser and Elizabeth would offload her cat).

5. Jonah and Alex are flat out lazy. They are never around when work is needed. While Trent grouses about it, Amber is curiously quiet.

6. Emma's occasional speech therapist talks about the importance of regular speech therapy (which I took to mean they only bring her in with the cameras) and that the group needs to stop talking for her.

7. Anna gets shipped off to college as a punishment, and Trent's and Amber's therapist, Dr Galen Cole, calls them out on it.

8. Alex opts out of funs things, is a poor loser, and scares easily. He cries a lot for an 8th grader.

And that's just 5 episodes in.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Season 7 Episode 10 is the one where I realized just how bad Amber is.

She admitted she was relieved that Anna was going away (she forced Anna to go away when Anna wanted to be a commuter student). She picked and picked at Anna the whole episode. She did ridiculous things like saying Anna had to bring photos of her family to remember who was supporting her. At one point Emma actually told Amber to stop--let her pick what she wants for her room. She created a sign saying Bye Anna and had a s&@t grin because she knew it bothered Anna.

But Amber also got angry that Anna didn't plan on coming home every weekend. I think that's because Amber still wanted to control Anna even though she was sending her away.

Jonah says he and Anna are tight now and they both recognize what they each did. And that Anna was a big help and their parents will recognize that when she is gone.

It was telling that Anna rode up with Trent and Amber drove alone. And when she said good bye, her hug with her Dad was long and genuine. With Amber it seemed like a requirement rather than something either of them wanted.

Not like we didn't know this, but Amber is a horrible parent.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/8/2023 at 11:59 AM, Ms.Lulu said:

4. They consider pets to be disposable--having given away Louis the french bull dog and Elizabeth sharing they'd had 3 previous weiner dogs (later they would give Anna Cruiser and Elizabeth would offload her cat).

Not to mention the chickens and goats that they had for a hot second. They are the worst.

Edited by TipseyGirl
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2

I'm slowly making my way through this thread as I'm catching up on this season, so forgive me if I'm asking something that has already been discussed, but...does anyone know what the deal is with Joose's father? They never mention him. I wonder if he's out of the picture, or if he just doesn't want to be on the show. Joose's family is very sweet.

• Useful 1
57 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I'm slowly making my way through this thread as I'm catching up on this season, so forgive me if I'm asking something that has already been discussed, but...does anyone know what the deal is with Joose's father? They never mention him. I wonder if he's out of the picture, or if he just doesn't want to be on the show. Joose's family is very sweet.

i thought he helped fix the fish dinner?

13 minutes ago, Colorado David said:

i thought he helped fix the fish dinner?

Joose and his grandfather made the fish. Was his dad there too? I must have missed it. I just know that whenever Amber talks about them, she never includes his father.

• Like 3

I just watched a bonus scene from Liz's 21st birthday party and she gives a speech and credits her "parents for supporting [her] dreams and decisions" and "friends who have always helped [her] no matter what the circumstances were," but no mention of Brice, who was sitting right there. I have a feeling that if the roles were reversed, she'd be pretty hurt that the guy she lives with didn't think to mention her as someone who is a key person in his life.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
(edited)

The rewatch continues. I am in season 9. 

Amber and Trent are trying hard to swim against the tide of public opinion. There is a conversation where Amber has the utter gall to say she is the most selfless and caring person in the family.

There was a made up/dramatic overselling of story about potential skin cancer where Amber won't take the needed tests because she is too critical to keeping the family running at Amber standards. Of course, it wasn't skin cancer.

But:

• Amber keeps saying that the older three need to move out
    • She reminds us that she was married at 19 and gave birth to Jonah at 20
  • Amber walks out when Anna says she wants some excitement about moving out
    • She gets unmic'd and hands it to a producer. It appears she is about to lose her sh*t and she doesn't want it on camera
  • Amber claims that Anna said she doesn't care about Amber and her advice, but Anna said she doesn't care about the fighting
    • I tend to believe Anna on this one
  • The older three seem to spend more time together than  ever to commiserate on how they need to move out
    • Golf, walks , and talking heads galore happen so that they can say they want to leave
  • Emma and Alex talk about their rage and needing to hold it in. Emma struggles with it. Alex is able to hold the rage in
    • There isn't a happy child in the house
  • Amber shifts her complaining from Jonah to Liz and you can see that Liz doesn't like it
    • Amber should be talking with a friend if she has one, or a therapist is she doesn't
  • Trent and Amber decide to hide the kids' car keys if they aren't neater
    • They believe if the kids are late for work they'll remember to throw away the microwave popcorn bag or put a glass in the dishwasher

This is next level disfunction.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3

Today I decided to take a look at instagram accounts to see whether Jonah and Ashley are still together.

The most interesting things:

• Ashley is there, in family photos
  • Trent is part of Atlanta gun club and likes Canik guns
  • Alex and Allie are still together
  • Amber still has no instagram presence
  • Brice has not been erased. He follows the Johnstons and most still follow him
  • This family loves eyebrow tattoos. Emma has them now
  • They all follow Joose
  • Anna's account is boyfriend free
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
54 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I would suspect Amber gets a lot of negative feedback from viewers.  Just a hunch.  

Seems right. And I thought she might want a private account to follow her kids. But I'm guessing she just uses Trent's account.

• Like 2