Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Fashion Flare Up

La Mascara's back! Oh, joy. As a Spanish speaker it bothered me whenever Jackie said it last season so I'm glad the pronunciation is finally being addressed. 

Fucking for heroin? Is that why Janet's nose...? Nvm I'm going to hell, I know.

Lydia won points with me for being an UNO player.

I like the lack of THs and dramatic music in certain scenes. I'd rather see the action and discussion instead of the ladies discussing the action and discussion. The gossip about Gamble is gearing up to be Season 2's 'c-word gate' and I'm over it already.  Hopefully Dr. Wolf, who I really like so far, is successful in talking Gamble down from the edge.

I have a feeling that the ladies will try to challenge Chyka's Swiss citizenship this year. The wardrobe talk with her daughter takes me back to Mary and Lolly from RHODC. I still miss the DC version.

"Grooming." Thank you, Gina! That's the same impression I had of Janet at her party. When Jackie tried to vouch for Janet and say Janet wouldn't intentionally assassinate someone's character and looked to Gina to back her up, Gina gave her the 'bitch, are you serious?' look.

• Love 6

OMG, the drawn out "everybody" killed me. I died every time she did it. So ridiculous yet I loved that she didn't allow Janet to sidestep the gossip at all. I also don't see her coming for Chyka the same way.

• Love 4

Janet just assumed Chyka was talking about the same thing as she was.. and didnt let Chyka finish what she was going to say.  You could tell by Chyka's expression that she didn't even know what Janet was talking about.

I do love that Gamble basically admitted outright that she wasn't happy to see Janet and basically let her have it.. and that swinging of the arm as said Everybody was priceless.  I know Janet is a pot stirrer, but I just love her talking heads.  She is hilarious.   I also loved how Jackie kept saying Janet was a good person and would never ruin someone's reputation then asked Gina who gave her this look like Jackie had lost her marbles.

I love Chyka's closet and her daughter was adorable.  Also, I loved Lydia learning how to play poker and then admitting that she's just an UNO girl at heart.  I do think having Andrea gone has helped make Lydia more likable.  Though I was hoping to see her focus on her son's wedding since she actually has stuff going on outside of the other women.  I also think she is being more careful how she comes across after the trouble her behavior in season 1 caused her husband.

• Love 1

Is Gamble insane? Her swinging her arm, my goodness, she looked like a fool.

I wonder if the rumors about her are true, she seemed too upset. But when I first saw Gamble, I thought, "gold digger" all the way.

• Love 2

Janet is and has always been a shit-stirrer. And in her typical fashion she threw Chyka under the bus, but her arm waving was hilarious.

Of course Chyka's gay husband doesn't mind her shopping.

Gamble is a gold digger, but so what? Lydiot is one too. And at least you can have a conversation with Gamble.

• Love 2

Small correction: Shane Warne is a cricket dude, not a rugby dude, attempting to teach poker to Lydia.   He's beeen controversial for all sorts of reasons Down Under; I can only assume a bad case of fame-whoredom induced him to show his face on this show.  Probably not getting enough attention since his breakup with Elizabeth Hurley...

Janet is a truly awful person. After proclaiming that she was only relaying the rumors, she went on to lunch with her pal where they snarked on Gamble's arm swinging being a stripper move. 

Gamble is an idiot, Her old man husband is right, she needs to just ignore it. Getting a lawyer is just stupid with a capital S. I'm sure Gina is enjoying not being in the line of fore. Speaking of Gina, so happy to see in the previews for next week that her matchy match earrings and dress are BACK!

Lydia had no idea how to play poker? Whatever. 

Chyka's daughter is so cute. But Chykas clothing looks like it comes straight from the 80s, along with her David Bowie hairstyle. 

• Love 1

Janet does not see that she is gossiping about Gamble, she is running all over town talking to who ever will listen to her say she is not spreading rumors, lol. 

I loved the simpy "psychic" reading Jackie gave Janet about Gamble, you didn't need to be a fortune teller to know Gamble was not happy with Janet...duh.  Vibes my ass.

A show of hands of who thinks Dr. Wolfe has sampled botox?  His forehead is ultra smooth.  In Gamble's talking heads the only thing to move is her lower jaw, (everything else is frozen) so I have to think she thought he should indulge for TV as well.

The fashion event of the season is held at a mall?

• Love 1

Janet still hasn't seemed to figure out that those cameras that are constantly aimed at her are actually recording her words and actions, all of which will later be viewed by not only strangers around the world, but the people to whom she's been lying about the things she's said and done. Clearly Lydia isn't the only idiot on this show.

• Love 6

Janet's shit stirring is going to come back to bite her in her wrinkled bony ass, I hope.  Gina doesn't forget or forgive, and is more than happy to bring out her big guns (which must match her outfit, of course!).

Chyka's daughter is as cute as a button.  Did I hear Chyka say she moved Bruce out of HIS bedroom so she could turn it into her dressing room/closet? 

• Love 3

Of course Chyka's gay husband doesn't mind her shopping.

As Lydia would say, "Wow!" Glad I'm not the only one whose gaydar's been pinging since the first season. He is a handsome, likable fellow though. I wonder if Chyka has a boyfriend (or girlfriend) on the sidelines?

Edited by OnceSane
fixed quote tags
  • Love 1

I loathe Lydia's 'Wow' necklaces (she was wearing two this week). Saying Wow all the time just demonstrates the slowness between stimuli and reaction....brain can't think of anything to say..... So "Wow".

Although they do serve as a visual reminder: IDIOT HERE!

I don't think Gamble looked insane. She was doing it to mock Janet, and I thought it was funny. They're being filmed for a Real Housewives show, not sitting in church.

Jackie and Lydia are gold diggers. I don't know why Gamble first fell for Wolfie, but I've not heard her say anything awful to him or about him. Sex parties are not the same as wanting a man for his money. And being offended by gossip being spouted off while being filmed doesn't mean it's true. I really dislike that assumption. Should Gamble have shrugged it off for her own sake? Probably. But Janet is still in the wrong, imo.

• Love 2

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with all the "Chyka's husband is gay" posts.  Is this because he's feminine?  Are there no feminine straight guys?  Does a feminine guy have to be gay?  As for gaydar, sometimes gaydar is knowing when someone's gay because of a look or a glance, or a certain je ne sais quoi, and sometimes gaydar is adhering to pernicious gay stereotypes.

• Love 7

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with all the "Chyka's husband is gay" posts. Is this because he's feminine? Are there no feminine straight guys? Does a feminine guy have to be gay? As for gaydar, sometimes gaydar is knowing when someone's gay because of a look or a glance, or a certain je ne sais quoi, and sometimes gaydar is adhering to pernicious gay stereotypes.

I think the same thing every time happens. I'm happy to see you post this!

• Love 4

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with all the "Chyka's husband is gay" posts. Is this because he's feminine? Are there no feminine straight guys? Does a feminine guy have to be gay? As for gaydar, sometimes gaydar is knowing when someone's gay because of a look or a glance, or a certain je ne sais quoi, and sometimes gaydar is adhering to pernicious gay stereotypes.

I completely agree. As a gay guy I just find that sort of labelling to be really counterproductive. Here you have straight men who are open-minded enough to show their flamboyant side and you basically punish them for that by accusing them of being gay and completely undermining how they sexually identify. On top of reinforcing tired stereotypes it also conditions straight guys to act like macho douchebags to save face.

Chyka and Bruce seem like genuinely lovely people and they don't deserve to have their marriage called a sham by people who don't even know them.

• Love 7

I can't see how, if they have been successfully married for 22+ years, anyone can call their marriage FAKE???  The love, affection and respect they feel for each other is obvious every time they are together on the screen.  It works for them, who are we to judge?  That marriage has lasted longer than MOST.

• Love 3

I just saw someone post about 2 guys in another thread (completely different show) and s/he was shocked no one was talking about some clear attraction they had for each other (in the poster's opinion). One of guys just married a woman. This drives me crazy. Why is it that nearly every reality show I watch & read/post about has someone's gaydar pinging? I don't get it.

• Love 3

La Mascara's back! Oh, joy. As a Spanish speaker it bothered me whenever Jackie said it last season so I'm glad the pronunciation is finally being addressed. 

La Mascara is back but already needing a new look so they are having a contest to create one?  Sounds like the brand is already failing.