Type keyword(s) to search

Spec with Spoilers: Everyone is Both Southern & Charming!

• Start Topic

It looks like the cast is filming the reunion this week and once again it's in that mangy clubhouse. I wonder how lightly they will tread on Kathryn's failed drug test and the custody situation. To be honest, while Cameran and Landon have been vilified by Kathryn's leg humpers as being mean girls this season, I'm inclined to believe that they've shown her more kindness than I would've in the same situation.  

Am I the only one who detests that Bravo reunion shows? They're just god awful. I much prefer the lost footage/secrets revealed episodes.

• Love 7

I agree. I'll bet this reunion -- in the "mangy clubhouse" LOL! -- will be about an hour focusing too much on Kathryn's bullshit and everyone else trying to make themselves look better than they did during the season. Yes, I'd prefer a an hour of lost footage instead, especially since Shep said that a lot of intense stuff was left on the cutting room floor. 

I'm ready to stick a fork in this show anyway. Would watch a spinoff of the Craig and Naomie Show however! Somehow they "charm" me.

• Love 2

Judging by her responses, I don't think it was an accident.  It's been public for several weeks now. (Seriously, I know this and yet have no idea who all the Supreme Court justices are or exactly how many of them there are, but this shit I know. Damn you, Bravo!) She actually engages with posters, even trolls, and has said that she doesn't block anyone.  I think going public is a deliberate way to drum up positive publicity for Southern Charm.

• Love 2

It looks like they're filming Season 4 now, judging by the Instagram accounts of Cameran, Craig and Landon. According to Fitsnews, the armpit of southern journalism, Fits staff have heard a recording of T-Rav slimily asking for the assistance of a personal trainer because he is going to be on Season 4 and wants to get in shape. They were waiting for confirmation, 'cause you know, they have such high journalistic standards.

So here's some questions, wishes, partial truths, half-baked suppositions and absolutely faulty speculation:

1. K. Coop isn't coming back. He says, he quit; I say it was more likely that he wasn't asked back.

2.  I hope that Saint and Kensie will not be filmed. As curious as I am about them, and what must be the tensest family dynamic on the planet, I don't think that reality stardom is a healthy endeavor for grown humans, much less children. If Bravo has any decency (HA!) they won't film them. They don't, so they will, of course.

3.  Can the phrases "mean girl" and "keeping it real" be forever banned from all of Bravo?  I do not think it means what you think it means.

4.  I really can't with the custody issue. As much as I dislike Kathryn as character on a TV show, her alleged drug use/custody battle/T-Rav saga isn't entertaining. I fully expect, however, Kathryn to be back front and center this season because according to Bravo's SC Facebook page, it's all about Kathryn.

5.  I love Cameran, but please by all that is holy, please tell me she's learned to not talk with her mouth full of food.

6.  Who would you like to see brought on as a cast member or friend of ? I've always liked Cameran's friend Leva. She seems normal and intelligent so clearly she won't be cast. I think Landon would be better as a friend of cast member. I'm one of six people who like her but I think she needed more time to bake before being brought on as a full cast member her first season.

• Love 1

It looks like they filmed this past weekend in Key West to celebrate Cam's birthday, which was around Thanksgiving. Late celebration, I guess. Looks like everyone has made nice, Thomas and Kathryn are both there. Kathryn has lots of pictures with the ladies. It also looks like they're bringing in new cast members, as Chelsea (from Survivor One World), and another guy are also at Key West and on every cast member's Instagram pics.

• Love 3

The preview of T’rav and Landon:

T’Rav to Landon – “I don’t know, why don’t we give it a shot?” How could any girl turn down such an invitation?  Pinch me, I must be dreaming! I bet he put more thought into which pony to ride at the polo club that day!

Wow T’Rav, you are such a silver tongued devil – clearly not. 

SC is my go to guilty pleasure.  Instead of Taco Tuesday we have Moon pie Monday (with a nicely chilled Pinot Grigio!) 

Please tell me that Landon and Thomas are not going to be the “featured” couple this Season.  ‘Cause I don’t think I can watch that all Spring.

• Love 4
(edited)

So Shep mentioned on instagram that the reunion is going to be in two weeks. If my count is correct, that will make this season have 13 episodes, with the 13th being the finale. Next week will be the 12th. From the cast's social media, it looks like there are still some parties/events that have yet to be aired. I wonder if some of those are going to be cut. Pat hosted a Carson Kressley book launch, and Thomas hosted a dinner on what seemed like a women only dinner, sans Landon. Then there's Cam's bday party in Key West, amd the finale at JD's Sermets on what it look like the restaurant's final night/closing. If they manage to put all of those in the two episodes left, those two are going to feel really cramped and not well-paced.

Edited by slowpoked

My guess is some stuff got cut. What with all Kathryn's antics lately. They may cut entirely whatever happened that caused most of the cast to shun her for good. I've heard on the street that no one, except Thomas in reference to their kids, will speak to her.

3 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

My guess is some stuff got cut. What with all Kathryn's antics lately. They may cut entirely whatever happened that caused most of the cast to shun her for good. I've heard on the street that no one, except Thomas in reference to their kids, will speak to her.

Actually, I was wrong in my count. Next week will be the 11th episode, not 12th. Still, that's in the two weeks timeline that Shep mentioned. Last season, the reunion was the 13th and 14th episodes. 

From the cast IGs and the teaser trailers, I thought Cam's bday party would take 3/4 to a full episode, considering they were in Key West for four days and they had a lot of stuff happen (Danni being rushed to ER). My guess is it would just take half an episode to show that. I hope they don't cut the party with Carson Kressley. 

On 4/11/2016 at 2:02 AM, methodwriter85 said:

I just keep telling myself that Kensie will be shipped off to boarding school when she's 12, and have a lot of zany adventures resembling the Facts of Life complete with a Mrs. Garrett-like mother figure.

Saint is screwed, though. I can't see anyway in which he isn't.

I think Saint will end up in boarding school too and he'll be fine. My constant fear with Kensie is that she'll end up in Charleston after high school and find herself pregnant with William Shepard Rose IV after a drunken hookup.

• Love 6

Maybe somehow, someway, Pat Altschul gets custody of the Ravenel kids and serves as a sort of Auntie Mame to them, with the help of Michael the butler and confirmed bachelor Uncle Whitney visiting now and again.  That's a show I'd watch.

• Love 7

It looks like the cast flew to NY over the weekend to film the reunion. Isn't this a little early for filming since there are still two episodes left? Wasn't the reunion shown live last season?

1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

It looks like the cast flew to NY over the weekend to film the reunion. Isn't this a little early for filming since there are still two episodes left? Wasn't the reunion shown live last season?

Only the first season was live, Season 2 was in the Clubhouse and last season was a long Reunion because Kathryn left.  Sometimes the RH film their Reunions six weeks before it airs.  So asking for questions is a lost cause as so much of the season has not been shown.

• Love 1

Kathryn is a terrible WWHL guest. She isn't particularly witty or quick. She responds to most questions with exaggerated facial expressions rather than actual words. The only thing I enjoy about her, on WWHL and SC, is that her makeup, hair, and fashion choices are glaringly ridiculous.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Babyfoot said:

Kathryn is a terrible WWHL guest. She isn't particularly witty or quick. She responds to most questions with exaggerated facial expressions rather than actual words. The only thing I enjoy about her, on WWHL and SC, is that her makeup, hair, and fashion choices are glaringly ridiculous.

Agreed---Kathryn really does tend to believe her own hype and seems to think she's far more fascinating, funny and fashionable than she actually is; you can gather that just from her hyper-affected/melodramatic talking heads alone. She's just so insanely EXTRA for those, but that just doesn't translate very well for live television, as we've seen. I'd much rather see the likes Cameron and/or Patricia on WWHL.

I think having all Kathryn's "fans" backing her up on social media from S1 onwards went straight to her head, but she's the youngest famewhore on this entire series so it's not surprising that she considers herself to be the glamorous breakout star of the cast. Adding the regular drug cocktails to her own inflated ego, and the "hillbilly femme fatale" continues to infect this series with her own special blend of stank skank.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think the film the Reunion today as Kathryn is the guest on WWHL.

According to Jen Snowden they will be filming the reunion tomorrow at 7am. So they required the entire cast to come in the day before so they could prepare and start on time. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

The thread for the reunion isn't open yet, so I'm just posting this here. A preview of the reunion:

http://www.bravotv.com/southern-charm/season-4/videos/did-jennifer-snowden-lie-under-oath

Kathryn looks like hell.  I'm absolutely disgusted that she would share on national t.v. that Thomas wanted her to get an abortion both times.  If this were true (and I honestly don't think it is), ....why in the hell would you risk having a second child?  

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2017 at 6:44 PM, AttackTurtle said:

Kathryn looks like hell.  I'm absolutely disgusted that she would share on national t.v. that Thomas wanted her to get an abortion both times.  If this were true (and I honestly don't think it is), ....why in the hell would you risk having a second child?  

Thomas promised her EVERYTHING. On camera. And he played to her weaknesses, due to her "physicality"

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Nancypants said:

Thomas promised her EVERYTHING. On camera. And he played to her weaknesses, due to her "physicality"

And yet she's claiming that he asked her to get an abortion with both kids.....it doesn't add up.  She put that statement out there with zero thought to her kids being able to see it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

And yet she's claiming that he asked her to get an abortion with both kids.....it doesn't add up.  She put that statement out there with zero thought to her kids being able to see it.  

She doesn't care about anyone but herself. Why should she worry about her kids hearing that?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

She doesn't care about anyone but herself. Why should she worry about her kids hearing that?

It sucks that Thomas's children will know that their father tried to get their mother to murder them before they had a chance to be born. I can't imagine the horror when they find out. But of course, Thomas will somehow get a pa$$ for wanting them dead.

• Love 2

I have a feeling most if not all of the websites will be long gone by tge time Kensie is old enough to Google herself, so the idea of her seeing these episodes or tabloid chatter seems unlikely to me, but who knows?

If Kathryn didn't keep making up rumors and false stories, her childen would have nothing to worry about. She wants everyone to believe she's "somebody." She graduated from a regular high school in the sticks, her family is poor and trying to hang onto their property. Dad has mental issues to the point a judge barred him from being around Kensie & Julian. Mom is very ill with cancer. Yet all Kathryn wants to do is party it up. She's disgusting trash, in my opinion.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Nancypants said:

He did that very thing to her, to get what he wanted, to meet his own needs.

All the Thomas Apologists have seemed to Conveniently Forgotten that!

He is a terrible person.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, RedHawk said:

I have a feeling most if not all of the websites will be long gone by tge time Kensie is old enough to Google herself, so the idea of her seeing these episodes or tabloid chatter seems unlikely to me, but who knows?

There are a ton of news articles on the two of them. At the very least, some business like Lexis Nexis is going to have a searchable database filled with news reports about Kathryn and Thomas.

22 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

If Kathryn didn't keep making up rumors and false stories, her childen would have nothing to worry about. She wants everyone to believe she's "somebody." She graduated from a regular high school in the sticks, her family is poor and trying to hang onto their property. Dad has mental issues to the point a judge barred him from being around Kensie & Julian. Mom is very ill with cancer. Yet all Kathryn wants to do is party it up. She's disgusting trash, in my opinion.

And still Thomas chose her. He was either delusional or reckless enough to get her pregnant twice. They were 2 or 3 weeks into filming season 1 and she already had a pregnancy scare and was unsure who the father might be. Thomas decided to double down on that?!?!?!? She's a disaster, but I can't feel sorry for Thomas.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

There are a ton of news articles on the two of them. At the very least, some business like Lexis Nexis is going to have a searchable database filled with news reports about Kathryn and Thomas.

And still Thomas chose her. He was either delusional or reckless enough to get her pregnant twice. They were 2 or 3 weeks into filming season 1 and she already had a pregnancy scare and was unsure who the father might be. Thomas decided to double down on that?!?!?!? She's a disaster, but I can't feel sorry for Thomas.

It is not that hard to figure out. He was drunk/and or high with her.

Two peas in a pod. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh, I don't feel sorry for Thomas, believe me. As I said in another thread, he's an embarrassment to his family. Two peas in a pod, indeed. But two peas don't make a good pod, in this case.

• Love 4

I've stated multiple times that Thomas is no prince, but that in no way gives Kathryn a pass.  

At this point though the only important thing is what is in the best interests of their children.  And right now it seems that Kathryn is not in a position to give the kids what they need.  

• Love 9

Another thing to remember, Kathryn agreed to all of this. It was her attorney and Thomas' attorney that drew up the agreement. The judge had nothing to do with it, other than approving it. 

Kathryn knew if she tried to contest anything, the judge would put her in jail for failing to show up for the drug tests, the most recent one was in mid-April. Rather than go to jail, or fight for custody, she agreed to all terms.

• Love 5

The latest preview shows Thomas on the brink of tears claiming he wasn't going to say something unless pushed hard enough....I'm speculating, but I'm guessing he could be referring to whatever harm came to Saint while Kathryn was pregnant.  Pure speculation that will probably set some people off.

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

The latest preview shows Thomas on the brink of tears claiming he wasn't going to say something unless pushed hard enough....I'm speculating, but I'm guessing he could be referring to whatever harm came to Saint while Kathryn was pregnant.  Pure speculation that will probably set some people off.

That's a very reasonable speculation. I think it started with Kathryn accusing Jennifer of lying under oath about seeing Kathryn using drugs and drinking while pregnant. I've seen one clip where Thomas tells Kathryn "Don't let it come to bringing out the torts" or something like that, and Kathryn shut her trap. Kathryn claims she was in rehab for marijuana, but everyone who's watched this show knows otherwise. Poor girl cannot admit her problems.

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 1