Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I swear to Lord Daniel that the next video Jillzilla puts up, I’m turning into a drinking game.  Drink once for “blessing”, twice for “joy”, make someone else drink for “godly”, you get the picture. 

I'm with you.  I found that video of Samuel and his wife-to-be disturbing, on so many levels.  That voice of hers had to take some effort to fake it like that.  She will not "keep sweet" for long, IMO.  

• Like 9
5 hours ago, BOOgen3 said:

In a moment of great weakness (and boredom) I watched the courtin’ video. JFC! What is WRONG with that entire family?!??! The abnormally pitched voices sound like a mix of Scarlett O’Hare and helium. Jesauce, godly, praise the lord, blah, blah, blah.  I simply cannot with that family. 

You nailed it.  Remember in Gone With The Wind, when Rhett told Scarlett to "take that southern (girl) simper off her face?"  At least Scarlett didn't talk in that stupid helium voice!  Those poor kids, especially the girls/young women.  Thank heaven that I wasn't born into that nightmarish cult.

• Like 12

I'm sure Jill is very, very happy.  Bri can't buy her things or pay for her dinner, but she is another person that Jill can boss around.  And Jill loves all the praise.  Either Bri has a hidden agenda, or she needs a leader.  Maybe she is undercover and is getting information for a tell-all book or TV series.  (I really need to stop watching ID Channel and cop shows.)

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
46 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I'm sure Jill is very, very happy.  Bri can't buy her things or pay for her dinner, but she is another person that Jill can boss around.  And Jill loves all the praise.  Either Bri has a hidden agenda, or she needs a leader.  Maybe she is undercover and is getting information for a tell-all book or TV series.  (I really need to stop watching ID Channel and cop shows.)

Brinderella doesn't need a leader. She's been on her own in fundielsnd since she was about 16. She talks about getting a purity ring at 16/17 ( her own age estimate, so not on a birthday,). She was raised Catholic, so I suspect she bought her own ring. But we know she has a bad temper from the video with her dad when she would have been about 21. And the video also showed us her real voice, and it's not the simpering maiden she's showing now. For whatever reason, she wants to be a part of this family and is pulled by our all the stops to ensure her place. 

• Like 10
On 10/3/2024 at 4:55 PM, crazy8s said:

She has never paid for a nice location for courtship photos. I recall her posting a video of Kaylee and Jonathan's courtship announcement and it was some place on the side of a highway and her fb was full of comments that nothing could be heard over the traffic noise.

Who do you think dreamed this photo op up though. Jill or Brianne? They did the courtship announcement, what a month ago at the akron zoo or wherever that restaurant was. Maybe Brianne dreamed of something different, so we get her in the cinderella dress.

I expect an engagement announcement at the Rod/Noyes thanksgiving fest at the barndo or christmas at the latest. Maybe Jill will push them to wait until a photo op on a florida beach can happen on the early 2025 winter grift tour.

Screenshot (748).png

Fist bumps and high fives 🙄

• LOL 3
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Brinderella doesn't need a leader. She's been on her own in fundielsnd since she was about 16. She talks about getting a purity ring at 16/17 ( her own age estimate, so not on a birthday,). She was raised Catholic, so I suspect she bought her own ring. But we know she has a bad temper from the video with her dad when she would have been about 21. And the video also showed us her real voice, and it's not the simpering maiden she's showing now. For whatever reason, she wants to be a part of this family and is pulled by our all the stops to ensure her place. 

But Jill THINKS she will be Bri's leader, and that she is so needed.  This relationship will explode sooner rather than later.

• Like 14
6 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

But Jill THINKS she will be Bri's leader, and that she is so needed.  This relationship will explode sooner rather than later.

And Bri is playing the simpering submissive role to perfection. Jill is totally being played. Poor Sam is collateral damage.

• Like 14
(edited)
52 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

For whatever reason, she wants to be a part of this family and is pulled by our all the stops to ensure her place. 

No other sane (for their world) fundie family will have her?   She is even too bat guano for them.   Or they see her cosplay for what it is.   And she really really really wants to marry a fundie so Sam it is.   When you have limited choices, you take what you can get.  Jill is too blinded by her own ego to notice when she is being played.

Edited by merylinkid
  • Like 14

Where can we see this infamous video of the real Bri? I would die to hear her screaming in her real voice. She doesn’t say much at all, like ever. On the courtship announcement she whispered, “ praise the Lord”, before Sam explained that it was a courtship. I find Sam to be very cute, even if he has that weird accent that they all have. It’s not regional to anything except their house. I can’t imagine growing up like that. Never hearing other real people speak, and picking up a little bits of it here and there from your friends. 

Speaking of courtship, do we have any idea what happened to Renee‘s mystery man? Who was the dumper and who was the Dumpee? She seems happy enough, and isn’t as high-pitched as everyone else. How old is she by the way? It’s got to be rough to be the oldest girl still around, when the only goal in life is to be a Mrs. At least Jana seemed to have enough hobbies to keep her busy while she waited for Prince charming. Renee doesn’t seem to do anything, but do her hair and make up.

• Like 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, precious pupp said:

I'm with you.  I found that video of Samuel and his wife-to-be disturbing, on so many levels.  That voice of hers had to take some effort to fake it like that.  She will not "keep sweet" for long, IMO.  

I watched it against my better judgement and wow - that voice.  So meek, so submissive.  She could do voiceovers for horror films if she needs some extra money.

My question is - Jill and Dave speak somewhat normally (if you only listen to their voices and not what they're actually saying, that is).  But all of the kids - Samuel included - have that weird halting, high-pitched, strangely accented speaking voice.  I assume they learned that from Jill, but even she doesn't speak like that.  Where did that come from?  I would LOVE for an expert in linguistics and/or body language to analyze that entire video. 

The moment the courtship portion began and Samuel says "we're courting," he looked so out of his depth.  That poor kid has zero clue what he's in for.  It's going to be a battle for his soul between Jill and his older, more educated, more calculating wife.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 10
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I watched it against my better judgement and wow - that voice.  So meek, so submissive.  She could do voiceovers for horror films if she needs some extra money.

My question is - Jill and Dave speak somewhat normally (if you only listen to their voices and not what they're actually saying, that is).  But all of the kids - Samuel included - have that weird halting, high-pitched, strangely accented speaking voice.  I assume they learned that from Jill, but even she doesn't speak like that.  Where did that come from?  I would LOVE for an expert in linguistics and/or body language to analyze that entire video. 

The moment the courtship portion began and Samuel says "we're courting," he looked so out of his depth.  That poor kid has zero clue what he's in for.  It's going to be a battle for his soul between Jill and his older, more educated, more calculating wife.

Regarding Jill's voice and as it is the one I am most familiar with, it doesn't sound like that. And the little I have heard Dave, he sounds normal too. Where did they get this? 

• Like 2
(edited)

Jill uses that high-pitched baby voice when she's filming the children, especially the little ones. Maybe the kids consider it their "keep sweet for Mama's camera" voice. They probably have different everyday speech. I hope. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Do Jillzilla and Hunk not screen potential female mates with the same invasive dilligence they do the males?   

I wonder what vetting Nathan and Jonathan got? What did Jonathan have to offer other than his uber fundie beliefs? 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Autocorrect capitalized Uber. Haha
  • Like 4

There is a newish trend I have noticed over the last few years.   Maybe since Covid or maybe since everyone has their entire life online.  Well anyway the trend is highly educated women romanticizing the tradwife lifestyle.   I mean in theory it sounds great.   You sit at home do a little laundry.  Maybe make hubby dinner but mostly the day is yours.  It probably sounds like heaven to Bri.   No responsibility except laying under her husband a couple minutes once a week.     It’s when the kids start coming that the tradwife lifestyle gets real but by that point it is far to late to tap out without some serious ramifications.

• Like 11
43 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder what vetting Nathan and Jonathan got? What did Jonathan have to offer other than his uber fundie beliefs? 

An open wallet and plenty of fawning over Jill? And willingness to be part of the circus? 

• Like 10
Just now, libgirl2 said:

An open wallet and plenty of fawning over Jill? And willingness to be part of the circus? 

Yep, some sort of gainful employment and a penchant for all of her fundie cray cray is all any prospective suitor needs to win Jill's approval

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

What did Jonathan have to offer other than his uber fundie beliefs? 

• Willingness to live near Jill.   After Nurie she wasn't going to let another kid get away.   After Tim, she will really never let that happen.

Please, please please let Bri be playing them.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
14 minutes ago, merylinkid said:
  • Willingness to live near Jill.   After Nurie she wasn't going to let another kid get away.   After Tim, she will really never let that happen.

Please, please please let Bri be playing them.

I want her to out Jill Jill. Start going after her tight skirts, make up.... basically out do her and make her miserable. Heidi isn't good enough for her, well here you go. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 7
37 minutes ago, AstridM said:

But picture the man looking exactly like David . . . 

Well, if Brianne makes Sam work hard to support her wardrobe and doesn't let him dip up first, he may keep his boyish figure. 

I'm sure Brianne has it all planned. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
(edited)

The Nathan Keller family has evacuated florida and are with the Rod family wherever they are in the moment.

"Please pray for everyone in Florida due to Hurricane Milton. Nathan felt is was unwise to stay in Florida with 3 small children while being right in the path of the storm. So, they fled Florida and we are enjoying an unexpected visit! Our hearts are with all those in Florida that Nathan and Nurie hold dear, along with everyone else."

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 2
  • Useful 4
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

The Nathan Keller family has evacuated florida and are with the Rod family wherever they are in the moment.

"Please pray for everyone in Florida due to Hurricane Milton. Nathan felt is was unwise to stay in Florida with 3 small children while being right in the path of the storm. So, they fled Florida and we are enjoying an unexpected visit! Our hearts are with all those in Florida that Nathan and Nurie hold dear, along with everyone else."

I wonder if Bri tagged along, complete with raincoat? 

• LOL 8
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder if Bri tagged along, complete with raincoat? 

She was in Missouri last weekend so may be still there.

Apparently the county the keller's live in was a red flag mandatory evacuation area.

• Useful 6
(edited)
47 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

What a strange way of wording that.  Nathan thought it unwise.  Didn’t Nurie think so too? Why offer this statement at all?  Just mention the  hurricane. We can figure out the rest - and thankfully for once the Kellers showed some sense. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 11
  • Love 2

That post makes it sound like only Nathan makes the decisions for his family.  Maybe he doesHe is the headship, after all.  If he didn't want to evacuate they would still be there.  I doubt she has much to say in making family decisions.

• Like 7
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

That post makes it sound like only Nathan makes the decisions for his family.  Maybe he doesHe is the headship, after all.  If he didn't want to evacuate they would still be there.  I doubt she has much to say in making family decisions.

That is the vibe I got from it. He is the wise one, Nurie, being just a woman, isn't. 

BTW, I like you avatar. First, it looks like Doug from Doug and the Business Cats. It also looks like a cat we saw at a cat cafe. 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, crazy8s said:

we are enjoying an unexpected visit!

Just two weeks after they last saw them.   Literally nowhere else to evac too?   I know Nathan's parents are also in Florida but he could have gone anywhere but the Rods.   He didn't hve to meet up with them.   

Nurie made the decision they would evacuate and chose to join her mother from whom she can't go any length of time without seeing.   The statement might say Nathan but we know who is really in charge.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I wasn’t very articulate in my last post.  The thing that bothered me the most was ‘Nathan thought it was unwise’. As if the mandatory evacuation order was unimportant.  As if  Nathan choosing to keep his family there would have been just as acceptable to Jill and David.  As if they didn’t make their feelings known to Nathan.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, crazy8s said:

What about his parents?

11 hours ago, crazy8s said:

She was in Missouri last weekend so may be still there.

Apparently the county the keller's live in was a red flag mandatory evacuation area.

She travels often for an unemployed adult.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That is the vibe I got from it. He is the wise one, Nurie, being just a woman, isn't. 

BTW, I like you avatar. First, it looks like Doug from Doug and the Business Cats. It also looks like a cat we saw at a cat cafe. 

My avatar is a picture of Maisie.  She was a rescue cat I adopted, and she was the most friendly cat I have ever met.  She truly knew no strangers.  She developed spleen and intestine issues and died several years ago.  She was really a sweetie.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 9
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

I wasn’t very articulate in my last post.  The thing that bothered me the most was ‘Nathan thought it was unwise’. As if the mandatory evacuation order was unimportant.  As if  Nathan choosing to keep his family there would have been just as acceptable to Jill and David.  As if they didn’t make their feelings known to Nathan.  

This is the writing of the world's best homeschooling Mama. 

She might have said: Nathan, Nurie, and their family had to leave Florida because their home was in the path of Hurricane Milton. They are now with us in Ohio and showing their gratitude by treating David and me to meals at the NICE Olive Garden and decor shopping at Hobby Lobby. Our hearts are with the dear Christians Nurie and Nathan left behind and good luck to everybody else. 

• Like 13
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

My avatar is a picture of Maisie.  She was a rescue cat I adopted, and she was the most friendly cat I have ever met.  She truly knew no strangers.  She developed spleen and intestine issues and died several years ago.  She was really a sweetie.

Oh, I am sorry. She is beautiful. It is interesting because the cat at the "cat cafe" belongs to the owners and is the house cat. He is super mellow. He has to be with sometimes 12-15 cats being housed there. 

• Like 6
On 10/9/2024 at 7:13 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

No  backbone?

22 hours ago, AstridM said:

But picture the man looking exactly like David . . . 

Half a David. 

• LOL 9
43 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

So ma and pa Keller weren't invited to the rod house? Hope Nathan found his parents a safe place to escape the hurricane.

Ms and Pa Keller likely went to Rebekah's mansion. I'm sure they didn't spend the hurricane in their singlewide. 

• Like 6

Oh brother. 🙄 How does Jill honor her parents? And let's not forget David's sheer neglect of his mom. 

Just STFU. 

2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

How will Bri work around that one? Or is it okay to dishonor parents who are inclusive of others?

I guess you are off the hook if your parents don't follow the *right* God. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
(edited)

How do either Jill or David treat their parents?  It doesn’t seem that either of them think that their parents get any say in theirj life?  Did Tim Noyes have to give permission to Jill and David to move away from him?  After all, isn’t that what Jill said about Nathan and Nurie-that they allowed Nathan and Nurie to live in Florida?  Didn’t Jill and David require Jonathan and Kaylee to commit to living near them and to go on trips with them?  

As for Samuel ‘serving them’- I’m sure mowing the yard is one of his normal chores. However - it’s not his responsibility to give his parents gifts for their anniversary. Can’t these two ever assume any responsibility for themselves? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

So ma and pa Keller weren't invited to the rod house? Hope Nathan found his parents a safe place to escape the hurricane.

Apparently, their area wasn’t really in much danger and they could have simply traveled to Gainesville and would’ve been safe. No need to drive thousands of miles (round trip) to Ohio. His parents probably wouldn’t have wanted to join them there, lol. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 6
  • Useful 4

Oh my God, the “modeling”!  Prices seem high, Jill’s has too many layers, & Nurie was pushing her chest out. The only one I liked was Renee’s lilac dress. She looked nice. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
On 10/8/2024 at 10:45 AM, Lady Edith said:

I swear to Lord Daniel that the next video Jillzilla puts up, I’m turning into a drinking game.  Drink once for “blessing”, twice for “joy”, make someone else drink for “godly”, you get the picture. 

Alcohol Poisoning in 3, 2, 1.......

• LOL 9

Holy moly, Jill's trying to get a feel for what folks would pay for cheap ass clothing and jewelry. I hope folks were honest because none of it was worth her suggested prices.

And their modeling - oh goodness. They must have had a fan going and, uhm, my secondhand embarrassment has me at a loss for words.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
(edited)

Did Samuel buy his parents a new set of wrenches for their anniversary?  That seems like something Dave would already have, him being a master electrician/carpenter and all.  Can you purchase wrenches at Dollar Tree?

But leave it to Jill to turn a gift from their kid into a multi-part diatribe about respecting one's parents.  Tim really did a number on Jill and for that I say, bravo.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1