Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm not sure if Phillip being taken under another pastor's "wings" is a good thing or bad.  It's impossible to read into his word-salad from before, but if he was disenchanted with the way he was raised and was starting to see the world differently, Jill and Dave may have just gone out and found a suitable and like-minded baby-sitter for Phillip for the foreseeable future.

I had similar thoughts, it sounds like a Fundy and Duggar-ish punishment/reprogramming/re-saving.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I had similar thoughts, it sounds like a Fundy and Duggar-ish punishment/reprogramming/re-saving.

I hope you are wrong. I want to know how Phillip found this place so quickly, and if Jill interfered in any way. Hopefully, this was his decision alone. 

• Like 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I'm not sure if Phillip being taken under another pastor's "wings" is a good thing or bad.  It's impossible to read into his word-salad from before, but if he was disenchanted with the way he was raised and was starting to see the world differently, Jill and Dave may have just gone out and found a suitable and like-minded baby-sitter for Phillip for the foreseeable future.

It's always so hard to tell with Jill because her true religion is spin. Phillip could have found his own church and as long as it's under the protestant umbrella Jill is going to claim it as a win and hope everybody moves on before Reddit uncovers that it doesn't use the KJV. 

That being said, yup, it's also too possible that J and D strong armed him into another like-minded situation. That being said, if that happened and Phillip is doubting, this might end up going the way of his last two Bible colleges. 

One speculation about Phillip that hasn't come up is that BME seems to have built the poor kid's entire identity around one chance malapropism (hungry for Hungary). Some of his issues right now could be around trying to figure out who he is if he isn't going to be the brave soul who successfully converts the poor Hungarians to their own religion (sorry, I tried to contain the snark, but it's the Rods). 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 15
  • LOL 2
21 hours ago, Whatsinaname said:

Seems like someone else wrote that for her.

My thoughts exactly.  Maybe the church forced her to post a prewritten post as her own.   Maybe her posts will now be audited before posting.

• Like 3
  • Useful 6
(edited)
On 8/27/2024 at 9:55 PM, Whatsinaname said:

Seems like someone else wrote that for her.

On 8/28/2024 at 3:25 AM, GeeGolly said:

Holy wow. Jill's IG post sounds like it was written by a nice person. A person taking responsibility for the troubles they got themselves into.

Could Jill actually be listening to someone other than herself?

But... the word rustic in the last paragraph. Good ole self-centered Jilly is still in there. I give her a week before she loses any insight she gained and she's back to boasting and preaching hate.

I agree that the first several paras are not in Jill's usual style. I believe that someone else wrote it. It may have come from the pastor's office by way of David. I do see Jill's style coming through in the last few paragraphs, starting with this one: 

"For those of you asking about Phillip, he is doing good. We are BEYOND blessed to say that he is now serving in an EXCELLENT ministry! The Pastor has taken Phillip "under his wings" in discipleship and training, and is a greater blessing to us than we can ever express! Our hearts are greatly rejoicing at God faithfully guiding Phillip in his quest for where God wanted Him to serve. Please keep Phillip and all thirteen of our children (and in-laws and grandbabies) in your prayers. We deeply love all of our children and want to see all of them thrive in each of their personal callings that God calls them unto. We want God to guide each of them."

It's more directly personal than the preceding text, not as consistently grammatically correct, and she couldn't restrain herself from hitting the ALL CAPS key for emphasis, or overloading it with positive fundie speak - "greatly rejoicing," "faithfully guiding," and "deeply love." I agree with @GeeGolly that "rustic" in the last para is another tell that Jill's at the wheel. 

I think she took her medicine, i.e., agreed to post the text provided to her, and then threw in her personal spin at the end. I do not think she's changed her attitudes. But she may still be smarting from what I perceive as a serious - and perhaps unprecedented in Jill's life - smackdown from the men who are her "umbrella of authority" (her pastor and her husband). It must have been hell in that household recently. I can only hope the kids weren't dealt extra helpings of "discipline," late night "Bible study," and "fasting for the Lord." Ugh.

Edited by Minivanessa
  • Like 17
1 hour ago, Minivanessa said:

think she took her medicine, i.e., agreed to post the text provided to her, and then threw in her personal spin at the end. I do not think she's changed her attitudes. But she may still be smarting from what I perceive as a serious - and perhaps unprecedented in Jill's life - smackdown from the men who are her "umbrella of authority" (her pastor and her husband). It must have been hell in that household recently.

She didn't take her medicine.   She put up with conditions in order to get her posting fix.   Then added her own spin because 1) can't help herself, 2) a big FU to say you can't tell me what to do, dog is on my side.   

I do think David is putting his foot down more than the church.   Before if the church tried to put its collective foot down, they just went elsewhere.   So it has to be David.   Or else this church has something they really really want and are willing to play nice for awhile to get it.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3
(edited)

I wonder if it's a case of the pastor of the church, along with other assorted men-folk from the congregation, sitting down privately with "headship" David and laying down the law on controlling his woman.  It doesn't seem that Dave has been particularly bothered by what Jill does on social media - as long as the grift train continues to run smoothly and he doesn't have to do anything more than run tracts through a machine, he was probably willing to let her do whatever.  If Dave was made to feel a fool, maybe that was enough to pull him away from watching the map and start to pay some attention to what his wife was up to.

But it still surprises me that Jill didn't just gather her waifs and flounce off to the next unsuspecting church on her list unless like stated above, this church has something they want.  I can't imagine what it would be that would be enough to force Jill off of her phone, though.  If she's been disciplined by the church, it's not like she can do her usual Rod Takeover and grift them out of free food and shopping trips anymore.  If the church leaders have seen her social media, there's nothing really there for Jill anymore, since she would have been caught out posting about all of her vacations.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2
(edited)

@merylinkid -by "taking her medicine," I meant that as you said, she complied with the waiting period and whatever conditions were imposed, before getting back to posting. She didn't change her attitude about anything, I'm sure. 

That's an interesting point about David's involvement with the social media time out. I've wondered if they would someday run out of new churches to join (without having to move to a new state or area), and your comment is spot on. This time they aren't (yet) leaving their new home church, so it must have something they very much want. 

Edited to add: I've just remembered Jill's annual springtime "Ladies Retreat." It's been at least nominally a presentation of Joy Baptist Church, although the church was mentioned just once in the 2024 retreat's brochure. Now that the Rods no longer belong to that church, I doubt the church will sponsor the event. From all we could see over the last few years, Jill and her family - and no one else - has been involved in organizing those retreats. It by no means appeared to be an event organized/presented by that church. Otherwise we'd have seen non-Rods involved in the planning, and I think the brochure would have mentioned the church more than once. 

If in the IFB/KJV church world, wimmenfolk are required to act under the authority of their headships - would Jill be "allowed" to present her Ladies' Retreat without the official sponsorship of a church? Does the Ladies Retreat belong to Jill? Or to Joy Baptist? Can Jill continue to host that Retreat in the future now that they've left Joy Baptist? Will the new church pick up the sponsorship - and if they do will they turn it all over to Jill or will the church be centrally involved in organizing it?

Hmm . . . 

Edited by Minivanessa
  • Like 10
  • Useful 3
9 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

That's an interesting point about David's involvement with the social media time out. I've wondered if they would someday run out of new churches to join (without having to move to a new state or area), and your comment is spot on. This time they aren't (yet) leaving their new home church, so it must have something they very much want. 

Money? Maybe a few of the congregants are well off? 

• Like 7

Jill's SM not only got her in trouble with the church, but also left her juggling poor Godly family in need and the Boss Babe of Plexus.

Maybe Jill is/was planning ahead for when the grift dries up. Bigger church, bigger potential for a bigger Plexus downline. But this church is now in the know of Jill's SM antics.

Jill is at home panicking while she's in SM withdrawal. She has Nurie's SM as back up until she climbs her way out of this latest mess.

Bring on the popcorn.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

It's been at least nominally a presentation of Joy Baptist Church, although the church was mentioned just once in the 2024 retreat's brochure. Now that the Rods no longer belong to that church, I doubt the church will sponsor the event.

I believe Jill took it over when someone else stepped down, so it could potentially continue.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 8/27/2024 at 10:16 PM, sixlets said:

Jill is back on Instagram with this rambling crap.

"During this break from social media, we received countless messages from SO many loving people. Thank you for all the love and encouragement! You are all precious to us!

This time has been refreshing and soul searching. One thing I have learned is to trust God deeply during moments of uncertainty and hurt.

I am an organizer. I like to make sense of life and organize its events, injustices, trials, chaos and peace in my heart. But, life is messy. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, we can't make sense of it.

God calls us to simply trust. Trust in His promises. Trust in His truths. Trust in His grace. Trust in His mercy.

When we take our hands off the "steering wheel of life" and simply put our lives into "auto pilot" (God Pilot), it is then we can firmly lay down our burdens at the cross and let God take them.

Once I place those burdens down, I often find myself staring at the burdens, wanting to pick them back up. Chew on then some more. Figure them out some more. Grieve over them some more. "Self pity" over them some more.

However, God says not to. 1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

I think of casting as throwing a pebble in the pond. It is gone! Never to be found again.

God wants us to cast our cares upon Him.

So many times when humans hurt, they process their hurt as God's fault. They turn against God's ways. Their hearts are lined in the poison of bitterness. If you are one of those people, please know that I (and more importantly), God loves you! God's ways are NOT the reason for your pain. Sin is! Don't turn on the VERY One (Jesus Christ) that will bring you the greatest peace of all. He is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother!

*Remember, the secret of the Lord.....Psalms 25:14 “The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.”

Regardless of what the world says, God's ways give love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,.....Ephesians 5:9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;)

My heart has been refreshed. My faith has been bolstered. My spirit has been renewed. Lamentations 3:22 "It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

24 The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him."

I am back on social media, with a renewed vision to proclaim God's ways as GOOD! To NOT live in the fear of man! To NOT live in the fear of evil. To NOT live in the fear of people's opinions. Proverbs 29:25 "The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."

Psalms 40:10 "I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation."

For those of you asking about Phillip, he is doing good. We are BEYOND blessed to say that he is now serving in an EXCELLENT ministry! The Pastor has taken Phillip "under his wings" in discipleship and training, and is a greater blessing to us than we can ever express! Our hearts are greatly rejoicing at God faithfully guiding Phillip in his quest for where God wanted Him to serve. Please keep Phillip and all thirteen of our children (and in-laws and grandbabies) in your prayers. We deeply love all of our children and want to see all of them thrive in each of their personal callings that God calls them unto. We want God to guide each of them.

3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

God is Good! I love each of you! If I could sit down with you around our rustic dining room table with a warm cup of coffee, I would. I would love to listen to the burdens of your heart, and assure you that through EVERY trial of life, God is Good and God is trustworthy.

Simply let God, be God! Hugs, Jill"

Where in the world is the eye roll/side eye emoji!?

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
17 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

At some point they're going to run out of "acceptable" churches in their area.  Can't imagine she'll pack up the barndo and move to another Amish-ish community.  

She’s mentioned several times how much she loves the home that she lives in now.  I can’t see her ever leaving that place, unless she is forced to.

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

…or until it burns to the ground due to David’s poor electrical skills. 

and with all of the junk Jill has around the place, it would have plenty of fuel. 

• Like 18

Can anyone clarify for me why we're thinking that the church disciplined Jill? The video that started this off (request for prayers re Philip) is pretty normal by religious standards. I've been wondering since their big trip this spring if their donors were going to start objecting to Jill living the Plexus high life, but again, I can't see that concerning the church too much. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Can anyone clarify for me why we're thinking that the church disciplined Jill? The video that started this off (request for prayers re Philip) is pretty normal by religious standards. I've been wondering since their big trip this spring if their donors were going to start objecting to Jill living the Plexus high life, but again, I can't see that concerning the church too much. 

The original video, in which Jill begged for help with Philip, was part of a religious service posted on the church website.  After Redditors and other Rodrigues family stalkers discovered the video and got the word out, the church's site was inundated with curiosity seekers looking to see Jill's performance. That service got thousands more views than anything the church had ever posted before which seemingly led the pastor and/or other members to investigate and it seems that they discovered the wealth of posting that Jill has done over the years and all of the people who hate-follow her.

At that point, the video disappeared from the church's website and Jill announced her internet vacation which makes us think that she, or more likely Dave, got called on the carpet at the church for her social media presence and prolific posting.  If someone at the church didn't get involved, it just doesn't seem likely that Jill would take a break on her own and Dave has certainly never shown any signs of disliking her constant posting.

• Like 15
34 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

In addition to the comment above mine: we also believe that the video comments got negative comments from Jill’s detractors.  This probably upset the church’s elders.  It’s also thought that David and Jill didn’t want the general public to know that Phillip was living in his car and  following ‘false doctrine’.  That publicity probably caused negative comments on her social media.  

• Like 9

The church also pulled their service from last Sunday morning, the one where Jill wore that stand out coral blouse in the choir. I never searched out the video, just saw a screenshot, but others apparently did. 

• Like 6

And Jill's SM return response certainly sounds like it was primarily written by someone else. It also mentioned Phil. Jill had not share Phillip's predicament on SM, but he was why Jill asked for prayers at the sermon in question.

All things point to church elder involvement.

• Like 11
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

her latest Facebook post: 

This is how our family has grown! ❤️  I heard a Pastor say that the average American family has 1.8 children.  The average Muslim family has 7 children.  Our nation will eventually be overtaken with that religion, simply by the birthrate.  *Remember, as Christians, we should view children as a GIFT from God and give the number of children we have up to God.  He is capable of giving us the provision, grace, strength, and joy as you parent as many children as God chooses to give you.  😉  

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

#giveyourfamilysizetogod
#childrenareagiftbygod
#quiverfull 
#blessedbeyondmeasure

First of all, she makes the erroneous implication  that Muslims living in America are not Americans.  Note how she refers to Americans and then Muslims as separate entities. She’s talking about the Muslims that live in America because she goes on to say that our country will be overrun by Muslims due to birth rate. 

Second.  I don’t know if the average Muslim family worldwide has 7 children or not. However I doubt that the average American Muslim family has that  many children. 

Third - we chose our family size based on what was best for us and our children. Not based on some conspiracy theory that we needed to repopulate the world with Christian offspring.   If that’s what she did, then it is just more proof that she doesn’t care about what’s best for the children she birthed 

Gee Jill, I thought it was the "illegals" taking over, you racist POS. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

This is how our family has grown! ❤️  I heard a Pastor say that the average American family has 1.8 children.  The average Muslim family has 7 children.  Our nation will eventually be overtaken with that religion, simply by the birthrate.  *Remember, as Christians, we should view children as a GIFT from God and give the number of children we have up to God.  He is capable of giving us the provision, grace, strength, and joy as you parent as many children as God chooses to give you.  😉 

This is a reused story from 2018.

She has added the exact numbers of 1.8 and 7 in this version that weren't in the original she also leaves out the pastor USED to be a muslim and migrated to america.

original story from the blog march 14 2018

"We were at a church in Florida where the Pastor there USED to be a Muslim.  He migrated to America with his family from Liberia. Praise God he was MIRACULOUSLY saved and gave his life to Jesus and began spreading the Gospel and serving the TRUE God with a passion! He also lovingly Pastors his church.

Well, one night he stood up (before our family sang) and began to tell how the Muslims are multiplying in LEAPS and BOUNDS because they have SO many children!  The Pastor went on to say that it is sad that more Christians are not having more children to raise up for God’s glory. It was TRULY inspirational coming from a man that knows and has lived in that culture. He encouraged our hearts GREATLY to stay our course!"

https://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/florida-modest-beach-photos-tims-senior-trip-six-rodrigues-teenagers-along-lot/

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 9

Nurie’s first Facebook post:

”It is such a joy to serve the Lord together as a family. If there is anything good in our lives, all praise goes to our Heavenly Father and to people, like our parents, who have shown us Christ's love at a young age. We are so thankful for our Salvation in Christ Jesus and the work He has done for us on the Cross in shedding His precious blood for our sins. We hope and pray that each of you have received Christ as your personal Savior and Lord.  
      God is sooo good to bless us with 3 beautiful children, Nehemiah,  Newman,  and Naomi. It is such a joy to be their parents , they are growing up so fast.  🥰 
     The Lord has given us the privilege to serve together at Anchor Baptist Church in Seville F.L. 
    We are so thankful for salvation, a godly heritage, the Bible,  freedom to worship the Lord,  Church , family,  and friends.  We are indeed blessed beyond measure.  😁 
           In Christ, Nathan and Nurie Keller“

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Also most people don't have more kids than they can afford to take care of JILL.   The point is not to outdo someone else in the number of kids but to love, cherish and FEED them.

So much THIS.

Jill might be growing her own personal army, but what good are they really going to do in the world when they've got maybe a 4th grade education and they don't know anything of the actual world beyond their front door and whatever church you've dragged them to?

• Like 19
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Boy, Nathan and Nurie must be so fun to have casual conversation with. 

I often wonder if these people talk of anything else? 

• Like 19
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Boy, Nathan and Nurie must be so fun to have casual conversation with. 

I just had an image of them standing in the grocery store line and how some people might say "hi" or "cute kids" Nathan and Nurie would never say hi back or say thanks.  They would say, "Do YOU know Jesus Christ and the fact HE died for you???"   

• Like 17
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I often wonder if these people talk of anything else? 

Me, too. I wonder what a typical conversation with family or friends is like with them? They only seem to post about Jesus and God and the bible, it's like religion is their only source of communication. Are their verbal conversations pretty much the same? It's wild to me to imagine a life without differences or conversations about culture, movies, books, fashion, history, sports, etc, etc, etc. What a dull,  constricting existence. Those poor kids.

• Like 16
  • Sad 7
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Me, too. I wonder what a typical conversation with family or friends is like with them? They only seem to post about Jesus and God and the bible, it's like religion is their only source of communication. Are their verbal conversations pretty much the same? It's wild to me to imagine a life without differences or conversations about culture, movies, books, fashion, history, sports, etc, etc, etc. What a dull,  constricting existence. Those poor kids.

Life wouldn't be life without all of that. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I guess they have music, but if course, only approved Jesusy tunes. eta Jill did post a video of Tessie and Olivia playing a duet of chopsticks. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Tim posted once about when he was with Heidi's family he didn't know what they were talking about half the time.

I would guess it was that way for both Tim and Phillip when the were at school and work.

• Like 2
  • Sad 14
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Tim posted once about when he was with Heidi's family he didn't know what they were talking about half the time.

I would guess it was that way for both Tim and Phillip when the were at school and work.

How sad. Heidi's family seems to prove you can be very religious and still enjoy things outside of your faith. 

• Like 15
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

How sad. Heidi's family seems to prove you can be very religious and still enjoy things outside of your faith. 

If I am recalling right Tim said it in one of his videos. Maybe the engagement one or the ones with her family where people thought her dad didn't like him or was insulting him.

Seems like we talked about it at the time.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Jill posted promising some big news. I guess she's going to make Sammer's courtship official, as promised to her newsletter following. 

No multiple choices this time (I guess she's finally realized she can't keep adding "pregnant with #14"). Hahaha 

Compress_20240830_221554_4328.jpg

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • LOL 3
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill posted promising song big news. I guess she's going to make Sammer's courtship official, as promised to her newsletter following. 

No multiple choices this time (I guess she's finally realized she can't keep adding "pregnant with #14"). Hahaha 

Compress_20240830_221554_4328.jpg

What stands out to me in this pic is Gabriel in a touristy t-shirt. Have we ever seen the boys in anything but a polo shirt with a modesty white undershirt or a button down shirt? Especially for a Jill photo op this seems odd.

Also, Jill posed them on an incline so the boys appear taller. Tessie and Hannie are surely taller than Timothy and Sadie has grown quite tall this past year.

Seems someone here mentioned Sam's girl was seen in ohio last weekend, so courting or engaged.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Boy Brie is desperate to get married. Younger and uneducated man with barely any life experiences or job experience, hope she plans to work full time.

Or is ok with living in a trailer in the barndo driveway. Sam has been working all of what 6mos and had an extended trip to florida in july, so couldn't possibly have much saved for even a fixer upper near the barndo yet.

• Like 11