Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
34 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

My guess is that David or her pastor firmly told her to put her phone away

I 💬think the pastor has a stern word with Dave, who turned around and made Jill put the phone down. 

(Ignore the emoji. No clue where it came from)

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 11

I just had a thought...maybe they have changed churches so often  because Dave hasn't kept Jill in line as much as he should.  The pastor probably spoke directly to Dave.  It is Dave's responsibility to be in charge of his wife.  I don't know how to follow any other families, but do any other women post as much as Jill does?

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
44 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I 💬think the pastor has a stern word with Dave, who turned around and made Jill put the phone down. 

(Ignore the emoji. No clue where it came from)

But don't they usually just change churches if the pastor or someone tries to suggest that they modify their behavior? They just usually act like they couldn't possibly be in the wrong, so what would make them heed this pastor when they never did any other pastor? 

• Like 8
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

@Salacious Kitty, pray tell, what is their wedding website? Google shows sites with incorrect dates and places, some wildly so. 

Unless I see it myself, I don't believe it. 

It was hidden on their page on The Knot. Posters on Reddit and FJ figured it out. 

Deanna and Famy weren't invited either. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
11 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

IMO, she is taking a break because news got out about Philip, and she is trying to figure out how to control this narrative about him.  She did not want the news about Philip to get out.  She also got pushback on that silly post she did about all the "dumb questions" she gets.  I don't know who is asking her these "dumb questions" because she doesn't leave comments on, at least not on Instagram.  I don't have them on FB.   I think she reads the snark threads and got upset that "haters" called her out on things.  

So do I. She expected sympathy and got push back instead. 

• Like 9
25 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

So do I. She expected sympathy and got push back instead. 

There must have been some comments left on the church's YT video, bad enough to make them take it down. As I said before, I'm sure the pastor gave Dave an earful. 

• Like 8
14 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

But don't they usually just change churches if the pastor or someone tries to suggest that they modify their behavior? They just usually act like they couldn't possibly be in the wrong, so what would make them heed this pastor when they never did any other pastor? 

There is no way Jill will listen to a mere pastor.   And David knows which side the bread is buttered on, he isn't crossing Jill because she keeps the grift money coming in so he doesn't have to work.   It has to be that Philip escaping has her taking time to figure out a new strategy.   The my kids are perfect and dogly because I raised them right spiel is falling apart.   

First Tim not letting her run the show with his engagement and wedding to Heidi now Philip literally taking off to live his own life (I hope he is safe), Jill's whole facade of the perfect fundie family is falling apart.   Maybe not as dramatically as the Duggars (so far) but it is happening.

• Like 12

I think her dramatic exit from social media isn’t quite the big deal Jill thought it would be. There’s only 28 comments currently on that post. They are all from the same day she made the post. 

And, she stuck around long enough to “like” and “love” them.

• LOL 16
15 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I just had a thought...maybe they have changed churches so often  because Dave hasn't kept Jill in line as much as he should.  The pastor probably spoke directly to Dave.  It is Dave's responsibility to be in charge of his wife.  I don't know how to follow any other families, but do any other women post as much as Jill does?

Years ago there were lots of family fundie, crazy pants, monetized, blogs. I guess they went out of favor and I miss following them. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

They’re running out of churches.  They are required to have a home church in order to receive their clearing house funds, IIRC. 

Pastor sat David down for a chat and David put his foot down with Jill and told her to stop posting.  Most likely with a reminder that she is to submit. 

• Like 8

Jill must be maaaaaaaaaad about the Duggar/Wissmann wedding. Not only was she not invited and probably didn't even know, now Tim/Heidi aren't the fundie wedding of the year. 😆

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jill must be maaaaaaaaaad about the Duggar/Wissmann wedding. Not only was she not invited and probably didn't even know, now Tim/Heidi aren't the fundie wedding of the year. 😆

She should be thankful that both weddings weren’t on the same date/week.  I wonder how many people would choose a Rod wedding over a Duggar wedding. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
8 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

She should be thankful that both weddings weren’t on the same date/week.  I wonder how many people would choose a Rod wedding over a Duggar wedding. 

My guess is Duggar, although you don't eat at either one. I have a feeling going to a Rod wedding would be a last resort.

• LOL 8
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

There is no way Jill will listen to a mere pastor.   And David knows which side the bread is buttered on, he isn't crossing Jill because she keeps the grift money coming in so he doesn't have to work.   It has to be that Philip escaping has her taking time to figure out a new strategy.   The my kids are perfect and dogly because I raised them right spiel is falling apart.   

First Tim not letting her run the show with his engagement and wedding to Heidi now Philip literally taking off to live his own life (I hope he is safe), Jill's whole facade of the perfect fundie family is falling apart.   Maybe not as dramatically as the Duggars (so far) but it is happening.

The way these churches are run, they may have been asked to leave.  According to the book I just read, you have to be "dismissed" from the church; you can't just leave.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2

You can always leave.  Whether the new church will want a recommendation from the old church is a potential question.  Most churches are hurting for members so can't afford to be overly picky.  It was always only the real extremists who worried about recommendations anyway.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

And Jill and family makes up 70% of each church they go to. Rods outnumber the regular church members.

This last church was bigger. Had a real choir the Rods tried to shoehorn themselves into. Already had a pianist, so Jill was relegated to singing. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

I’m not sure they would have guests in common.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

This last church was bigger. Had a real choir the Rods tried to shoehorn themselves into. Already had a pianist, so Jill was relegated to singing. 

Which Jill is finding out means she can't impose herself on things.  Who knows maybe they did tell her to stop and when she pitched a fit pointed out she needs them more than they need her.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Which Jill is finding out means she can't impose herself on things.  Who knows maybe they did tell her to stop and when she pitched a fit pointed out she needs them more than they need her.

Yassss, I SEVERELY agree!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I’m sure Jill is s still looking at SM even if she isn’t posting. She is wondering if her followers are missing her and she definitely has FOMO.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Oh yeah, she's still looking at Reddit and probably other snark sites like this one, saving up ammo for her next persecuted Christian posts.  No way is she completely putting her phone aside.  She's at least sneaking it "out of the bottom of (her) purse" when Hunk is watching the map.

• Like 11
  • Love 1

Hi Jill!!! (Waves frantically)

You know, you could’ve secured a spot at Jana’s wedding had you been able to keep your trap shut in the past!  But nope, had to brag about being invited to a DUGGAR wedding (thereby spilling the beans) and POOF, no more invites. Even if you are “family”.  Now you are on punishment from social media for AGAIN making a serious family situation about you.  Do you not see actions have consequences?  

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I’ve just never been in a church with a stage. 

Well, the pulpit is still there, but it's technically a stage. It has a choir area, rare for your garden variety IFB church. 

There's a pic on Reddit. 

• Like 7
On 8/11/2024 at 6:55 PM, mythoughtis said:

She makes a point of saying he prints everything ‘at cost’.  Well, at cost means you forgo your profit.  Profit is  where your  paycheck comes  from as an owner.  So he is volunteering.  Not working.   Working means getting paid for your time and materials.  Business owners who don’t earn profits eventually go out of business.  Because they can’t pay themselves and their personal bills. 

Where does his NET INCOME come from?  

Probably "donations." He gives them the tracts  for "free" or "at cost" and then they make a donation to his "ministry" (him. he is the ministry) and I would bet this is all tax free as a "religious organization." 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
On 8/13/2024 at 9:26 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

It wasn't meant to be unkind. More like the Super Bowl, a big, lavish event. 😀

"Tidy Bowl" was an actual toilet cleaner brand once upon a time 

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Not sure if this is the best topic but I finished reading a well trained wife. It was horrifying. Controlling, isolating, physical and emotional abuse is not only allowed but encourage by these different ultra conservative churches. One of the ones she spoke about was Calvinism. Isn’t that what Jeremy’s into?  The encouragement of blanket training is so scary. If this is how these kids are being raised and how they are raising their children it is so wrong that they should be looked upon as special. They are monsters. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, jacourt said:

Not sure if this is the best topic but I finished reading a well trained wife. It was horrifying. Controlling, isolating, physical and emotional abuse is not only allowed but encourage by these different ultra conservative churches. One of the ones she spoke about was Calvinism. Isn’t that what Jeremy’s into?  The encouragement of blanket training is so scary. If this is how these kids are being raised and how they are raising their children it is so wrong that they should be looked upon as special. They are monsters. 

I think Ben was raised with Calvinist beliefs. Maybe Jeremy was too, but I vaguely remember something about reformed Baptist. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, jacourt said:

That is what I felt after I read that book.  There is a lot more going on with these groups than meets the eye.  Little girls having to have their shoulders covered is the very tip of the iceberg.  (Physical punishment for not cleaning the corners of the baseboards well enough?  Yikes!)

• Sad 14
4 hours ago, MamaMax said:

"Tidy Bowl" was an actual toilet cleaner brand once upon a time 

Ty-D-Bol. It's still sold. 

Back on topic, how long until the wedding? 

• Like 4
(edited)
7 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Nurie is on Facebook???? Is it really her?  

I checked her friend list. It's her.  And if Nurie just joined a day ago (when she added her profile pic), Jill is online because she's a friend. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 7
5 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I thought her husband was very against social media.

He was. I wonder if Nurie wants to take control of her narrative. 

And Jill just posted her Vegas trip video to YT. She has to announce it sometime, and I suspect it will be soon. 

• Like 5