Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)

So, if Jill is bringing in the average 875 per month (and she's likely not as that is before she buys her product or pays taxes), if she were working long hours aka. full time (40 hrs per week, 4 weeks per month) she's be making a princely $5.47 per hour. That's less than minimum wage pretty much everywhere in the US. Heck, in Ohio she'd make nearly double that if she got a job somewhere with gross receipts of $385, 000 or more. It looks like even working for a like-minded small business, she'd get the federal minimum. 

I'm seriously surprised that Jill's "financial freedom through God and Plexus" isn't hurting the grift. If I were in that circle, I can see making a regular contribution so the waifs don't starve, but if Mahmo Jill is rolling in the dough enough to take trips to dens of iniquity and fill her closet with baseball bonnets, what to the Rods need their donors' money for?

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 17

Depends on where it is in the sentence:

If it's "I and the children mooched off of Pastor Nathan Keller" then it's not ungrammatical, exactly, but it should be "the children and I"

If it's "Sweet Nurie didn't even complain about I and the children mooching off of her for weeks." then it's poor grammar. It should be "me" not "I".

It's not an uncommon error, though and, for better or for worse, seems to be taking the place of overusing "myself". I would call Jill's wild over-use of commas  and haphazard capitalization the greater grammatical sins.  

• Like 12
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

So, if Jill is bringing in the average 875 per month (and she's likely not as that is before she buys her product or pays taxes), if she were working long hours aka. full time (40 hrs per week, 4 weeks per month) she's be making a princely $5.47 per hour. That's less than minimum wage pretty much everywhere in the US. Heck, in Ohio she'd make nearly double that if she got a job somewhere with gross receipts of $385, 000 or more. It looks like even working for a like-minded small business, she'd get the federal minimum. 

I'm seriously surprised that Jill's "financial freedom through God and Plexus" isn't hurting the grift. If I were in that circle, I can see making a regular contribution so the waifs don't starve, but if Mahmo Jill is rolling in the dough enough to take trips to dens of iniquity and fill her closet with baseball bonnets, what to the Rods need their donors' money for?

The federal minimum wage is $7.25 for covered, nonexempt employees. Jilly could make more than that as a cashier at Walmart (and she'd get a discount). She could make more than that checking receipts at Costco. But she doesn't want to, and her children pay the price (literally, in the case of the adult children). 

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

I don't understand how she can post about all her trips and vacations and how lucrative running her business is, and still beg and expect others to give her money and gifts.  I also don't understand the mind set of the people who pay the grift.  It just doesn't make sense to me.  Are people really that gullible?  I totally understand helping someone in need, but I would be very upset if I found out I was donating to someone that uses the donation for self gratification while ignoring the needs her children.  And she posts about her "fortune" on line.

• Like 17
  • Applause 5
10 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

In the Tennessee post, she writes, “I and the children.”  Please tell me that’s not proper grammar.

That whole post was awful. Putting someone else’s medical information out there was typical Jill.

There must be an easier way to say Jill and David met up with each other in Tennessee. She uses so many words. 

IMG_7424.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That whole post was awful. Putting someone else’s medical information out there was typical Jill.

There must be an easier way to say Jill and David met up with each other in Tennessee. She uses so many words. 

IMG_7424.jpeg

Jill should download ChatGPT. If she's able to learn how to give it useful prompts, she'll come up with clearer writing than her inadequate homeschooling will ever produce. 

She'll have to go back and add the unnecessary capitalization and childish emojis, but that's the fun part. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

There is.  

-David met us in TN with the rest of our family. - 

Everyone who saw the Facebook post would know that it was on her way home from Florida.  She’s made enough posts about Nurie that everyone knew where she was.     

• Like 13
  • Useful 1

Plenty of women work from home, make more money, and have nifty little things like health insurance, 401K, and ETO. It requires one thing though: an education beyond how to create sperm brows. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_7424.jpeg

Meetings? What?

2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill should download ChatGPT. If she's able to learn how to give it useful prompts, she'll come up with clearer writing than her inadequate homeschooling will ever produce. 

She'll have to go back and add the unnecessary capitalization and childish emojis, but that's the fun part. 

This is not a bad idea for her!

• Like 5
21 hours ago, precious pupp said:

Complain when you have had 4 surgeries on your severely injured knee, the last one a total knee replacement, you weepy whiner!  (My husband, not me.)

Jill could use a blunt.  😜

Yes she could!  Now that I am thinking about it, so could I!  HA!

• LOL 15

Look at Sophia. That is not a well nourished, thriving child. And her tiny feet! Usually she wears giant shoes and now looking at her feet, her shoes are huge and do not fit at all.

B39987E9-6DC8-4AF0-9CDC-F85931973F05.jpeg

At first all I noticed were the dogs who look tired and do not want to be there! Then I noticed Sofia.

• Sad 10
13 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Look at Sophia. That is not a well nourished, thriving child. And her tiny feet! Usually she wears giant shoes and now looking at her feet, her shoes are huge and do not fit at all.

At first all I noticed were the dogs who look tired and do not want to be there! Then I noticed Sofia.

She doesn't appear to be thriving, but maybe this is just the way she is? 

• Sad 5
7 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is the daughter in the purple dress the one who is closest in age to Sofia?

I believe she is two years older. 

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 3

Failure to Thrive

Children are diagnosed with failure to thrive when their weight or rate of weight gain is significantly below that of other children of similar age and sex. Infants or children that fail to thrive seem to be dramatically smaller or shorter than other children the same age. 

Failure to thrive can be due to many medical issues and also emotional/environmental situations as quoted below.

• Emotional deprivation as a result of parental withdrawal, rejection or hostility
  • Economic problems that affect nutrition, living conditions and parental attitudes
  • Exposure to infections, parasites or toxins
  • Poor eating habits, such as eating in front of the television and not having formal meal times
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Failure to Thrive

Children are diagnosed with failure to thrive when their weight or rate of weight gain is significantly below that of other children of similar age and sex. Infants or children that fail to thrive seem to be dramatically smaller or shorter than other children the same age. 

Failure to thrive can be due to many medical issues and also emotional/environmental situations as quoted below.

• Emotional deprivation as a result of parental withdrawal, rejection or hostility
  • Economic problems that affect nutrition, living conditions and parental attitudes
  • Exposure to infections, parasites or toxins
  • Poor eating habits, such as eating in front of the television and not having formal meal times

I see at least two on that list that could apply. 

• Like 5
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Is the daughter in the purple dress the one who is closest in age to Sofia?

Yes. She is 20 months older than Sofia. In contrast Sofia is 2 years 9 months older than Janessa, but they're of similar size.

• Sad 7
  • Thanks 2
40 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Sofia looks like she is made up for a zombie movie.  That must be the dog's usual place on the couch.  There are pet stairs.  At least the dogs are being cared for.

• Like 7

So weird the younger girls and Gabriel are the ones wearing modesty shirts under their clothing. Tessie and Hannah seem to not be and Renee had her button top undone enough to show a lace peach colored something under it. Quite suggestive for a Rod female.

Why is someone always holding or carrying or having a death grip on 6yr old Janessa for pics? In videos she has been seen hauling around the keller boys with no problem. This seems like Jill still needing to show she "has a baby" for photo ops.

• Like 12
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I see at least two on that list that could apply. 

I see 3, numbers 1, 2 & 4 (minus the TV). But all the kids have been raised similarly so I'm going with with an undiagnosed medical condition or number 1.

However I really feel its the first one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1

Sophia is not well.   It could be any number of conditions.   But when your child consistently looks this way and is so different from the other siblings, a caring mother would try to find out if anything can be done.

Jill should take some of her Plexus Bucks (Plucks) and get the kid to a doctor.   

• Like 14
2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Sophia is not well.   It could be any number of conditions.   But when your child consistently looks this way and is so different from the other siblings, a caring mother would try to find out if anything can be done.

The kids at times are too thin but they do appear to be of normal height and even tall. As a mother, I would be sure to check with the doctor. I would say Jill has but knowing her, I think she is too self absorbed to even see the possible problem and if she can, she doesn't care. Just bring on another date night, sweat blouse.... vacation.... 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The kids at times are too thin but they do appear to be of normal height and even tall. As a mother, I would be sure to check with the doctor. I would say Jill has but knowing her, I think she is too self absorbed to even see the possible problem and if she can, she doesn't care. Just bring on another date night, sweat blouse.... vacation.... 

Does anyone one else recall Jill saying they were happy Sofia was small because they didn't want her to grow up too fast?

It seems like that was in a video, maybe on Sofia's birthday a few years ago or something.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 5
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Does anyone one else recall Jill saying they were happy Sadie was small because they didn't want her to grow up too fast?

It seems like that was in a video, maybe on Sofia's birthday a few years ago or something.

I think they said that about Sofia not Sadie. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think they said that about Sofia not Sadie. 

Yes I meant Sofia and typed Sadie - corrected it. thanks

• Like 2

The kidult Bates did it. They now have two grandsons/cousins born less than a year apart with the same first name. Daughter Erin had a son 6+ months ago and named him William. DIL Tiffany and her husband (William) Lawson had their son about a week ago and also named him William.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
51 minutes ago, precious pupp said:

Maybe one will be Bill(y) and the other, Will(y)  ???

Or they will go by their middle names???

Lawsons will be Liam the other baby I have no clue. No way either baby will be Willy! Maybe Will or Bill idk. 

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Lawsons will be Liam the other baby I have no clue. No way either baby will be Willy! Maybe Will or Bill idk. 

I read somewhere (FJ probably) that Erin is calling her William "Willy."

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I love the dogs' expressions. 

• LOL 12

Of course Jill loves Jonathan "dearly" - he opens his wallet to fulfill her many needs. If he ever closes it, watch for lectures about honoring parents to increase. 

• Like 14
16 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I like “Plucks” as a term. It fits, because she is plucking money out of the pockets of her suckers customers. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
Just now, Lady Edith said:

I like “Plucks” as a term. It fits, because she is plucking money out of the pockets of her suckers customers. 

And she likes to pluck her daughter's eyebrows. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
On 7/31/2024 at 10:35 AM, AstridM said:

Meetings? What?

This is not a bad idea for her!

Jill calls church services “meetings.”  Don’t ask me why, other than maybe she thinks it sounds more professional and makes it appear that they’re working.  Sadly, the children ARE working.  

16 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Jill doesn’t give a damn about any of those children, other than what they can do for HER.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill calls church services “meetings.”  Don’t ask me why, other than maybe she thinks it sounds more professional and makes it appear that they’re working.  Sadly, the children ARE working.  

Huh, this is so odd to me. Thanks for the explanation.

ETA - didn’t they just join a new church in Ohio? So why are David and some of the kids randomly attending churches in Tennessee? All that gas costs $$$.

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 5
16 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Does anyone one else recall Jill saying they were happy Sofia was small because they didn't want her to grow up too fast?

I remember it.

• Sad 3
10 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Huh, this is so odd to me. Thanks for the explanation.

ETA - didn’t they just join a new church in Ohio? So why are David and some of the kids randomly attending churches in Tennessee? All that gas costs $$$.

Because that is what they do for a living. 

• Like 6
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Uggghh, I really hate to defend Jilly, but using the term "meetings" for Protestant religious service dates back until at least the 1600s. In the 1800s, "camp meetings" were really popular summer events where a guest preacher would be invited (usually to yell about fire and brimstone) and everyone would have a nice summer picnic afterward. They've died out everywhere but in the Evangelicals. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 7
18 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Uggghh, I really hate to defend Jilly, but using the term "meetings" for Protestant religious service dates back until at least the 1600s. In the 1800s, "camp meetings" were really popular summer events where a guest preacher would be invited (usually to yell about fire and brimstone) and everyone would have a nice summer picnic afterward. They've died out everywhere but in the Evangelicals. 

is tent revival the same as camp meeting?

• Like 5
20 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Thanks - it was just completely new to me. I grew up Catholic and that terminology wasn’t used.

1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I think so, but a regular "meeting" isn't the same.

So how do they differ?

• Like 3

As far as I understand it, tent revivals and camp meetings are pretty much the same. Both are big outdoor religious gatherings with preaching. They're a special event. 

A religious meeting is the same as a church service. (the Quakers and the Puritans both used the term around the Salem Witch Trials, for example and Quakers still do). 

In Jill's case, although she aspires to Puritanism, I think she's using the vague term on purpose to build this new "dogly business moguls" image. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Thanks - it was just completely new to me. I grew up Catholic and that terminology wasn’t used.

Same here. Meeting sounds odd to me. 

• Like 3