Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I can't believe Nurie had the baby GIRL and Jill  has not posted pictures of "The Best Grandma Ever" while nearly smothering her in a baby sling. I would also expect pictures of Nurie up and cooking dinner for the hoard.  Radio silence about the baby is not like Jill.  Even if it was bad news, I would expect a typical Jill post.  Unless Nathan put his foot down and is not letting Jill post anything, in which case good for him.  Or the baby is not cute enough (or there is a problem). Or the baby has not arrived yet.  I guess we will find out.  But I, also, what to know what name they will name her.  

I think if the baby had a health problem, Jill would've set up a GoFundMe and started begging for donations.  She sure didn't waste any time doing it when her mother had the stroke.

• Like 14
(edited)

Maybe Jill is trying to  practice restraint in preparation for dealing with Heidi and her family and the wedding. 

I doubt it, but maybe. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 8
(edited)
On 7/11/2024 at 3:56 PM, libgirl2 said:

How much  more will she contort her body to look thin? 

My first thought (honestly) was how much she looked like one of the characters from "Death Becomes Her" (if you remember that movie poster, where she is literally twisted back to front, still with the mortician-level caked on makeup and rictus smile).

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 3
  • LOL 7

1 hour ago, Notabug said:

I think if the baby had a health problem, Jill would've set up a GoFundMe and started begging for donations.  She sure didn't waste any time doing it when her mother had the stroke.

Ma's GoFundMe didn't reach its goal. And Jill didn't bother to set anything up for Gideon, so I wouldn't expect her to bother. However, since Nurie is "this daughter," all bets are off. 

I hope everything is OK and Jill is just trying to tease us because she thinks we have nothing more interesting to look forward to. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Ma's GoFundMe didn't reach its goal. And Jill didn't bother to set anything up for Gideon, so I wouldn't expect her to bother. However, since Nurie is "this daughter," all bets are off. 

I hope everything is OK and Jill is just trying to tease us because she thinks we have nothing more interesting to look forward to. 

I think everything is fine and she is just teasing us. Or maybe Nathan said to wait. 

• Like 9

I think all is fine and Jill just wants to drag this out for all the attention she can get. There’s no upcoming Plexus trip, no other grandchildren on the way for several months or *gasp* more than a year.

If Nathan had the wherewithal to say not to post about it yet, but not the common sense to tell the circus to stay away until well after the birth, I’d be surprised. 

• Like 12

I’m really surprised kayley hasn’t gotten pregnant yet. In one of her posts she made it pretty clear she is trying though. She will be trying even more now to get back in the good graces with Jill. Imagine a life where you’re constantly competing with your sisters for your moms attention. Just a toxic environment Jill has created.

• Like 14
  • Sad 4
4 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I’m really surprised kayley hasn’t gotten pregnant yet. In one of her posts she made it pretty clear she is trying though. She will be trying even more now to get back in the good graces with Jill. Imagine a life where you’re constantly competing with your sisters for your moms attention. Just a toxic environment Jill has created.

And a life where your only worth is  how many babies you have. 

• Sad 14
25 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Imagine a life where you’re constantly competing with your sisters for your moms attention. Just a toxic environment Jill has created.

Hopefully at least one of them will wake up to what's going on, get tired of it, and quit.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
46 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Hopefully at least one of them will wake up to what's going on, get tired of it, and quit.  

My pick is Tim. But that’s partially because Jill hates him and won’t care about his kids etc much. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

I'm thinking it'll be one of the younger girls that Jill ignores. Olivia has sort of graduated to the Besties Squad, but I think she's still pretty much an afterthought. I mean, the poor girl has needed glasses for years, yet Jill does nothing. But I could really see Sadie or Sofia tearing it up. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

How soon will Jill shove new baby under her boobs and pass her off as her own baby lol!

jill did get honored with the middle name. 

Name Naomi is nice. 

In a few years Naomi will be fetching Mahmo Jill drinks and snacks while Jill screeches.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

How soon will Jill shove new baby under her boobs and pass her off as her own baby lol!

jill did get honored with the middle name. 

Name Naomi is nice. 

In a few years Naomi will be fetching Mahmo Jill drinks and snacks while Jill screeches.

Considering they took Gideon out when he was what like a week old, I give it three days. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

It’s a nice name.

Leave it to Jill to put something out there in the name of privacy. Why say anything at all? Good thing she was there? 🤦‍♀️

.The whole post:

Naomi Christine Keller
6 pounds 12 ounces
20 inches long
Sunday - July 14th at 5:59 am

Where do I begin?  It was a birth story that I never thought I would be a part of experiencing.  For sake of Nathan and Nurie's privacy, I won't go into details.  But, it was a good thing I was here!  😅😉 Nurie is one TOUGH Mama and handled her pain SO well!  She surprised us all with how quickly the baby came!  👶 We rejoice that Nurie and baby are doing GREAT!  Naomi just had her first pediatrician appointment today and she is thriving and doing AMAZING!  Nurie is healing well and Naomi is nursing like a champ!  Nurie is one of the toughest women I know!  I am so proud of her.  💜  God is SO Good! ❤️  We are all SOOO in love and basking in God's abundant blessings to our family!  🥰

With Love, Jill

A word from Nathan and Nurie.....

"We are beyond blessed to welcome our precious baby girl into this world!  Naomi means - 'gentle and pleasant' which already seems to describe her so well!   Her middle name is Christine which is a namesake after my Mama's middle name.  🥰  We thought it would be special since this is Mama's first granddaughter.  Mama has played such a huge role in her birth story and life already.  I am so thankful for such a godly and caring Mama.  I don't know what I would have done without her these past couple of weeks!  This time with family has been SO special that we will cherish forever.  ❤️  My sisters that are here, have also been a tremendous help during this time of recovery!  Nathan and I are enjoying all the cuddles and snuggles with our new, precious baby girl!  God is SO Good!" 

Psalms 127:3 "Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward."

• Like 5
  • Useful 5
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s a nice name.

Leave it to Jill to put something out there in the name of privacy. Why say anything at all? Good thing she was there? 🤦‍♀️

Good thing she was there? Did the room need redecorating ala Jill style? 

• LOL 17
25 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

I can't imagine any situation when it's a good thing Jill was there, lol.

I'm sure she'll soon blab the details, making herself the hero of the day. It's the narcissist way!

Not even a funeral is safe from Jill’s antics!

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
19 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Good thing she was there? Did the room need redecorating ala Jill style? 

It probably had Jill and the waifs scream praying as Nurie labored.

How soon after the birth mama shoved plexus down Nuries throat?

• Like 5
  • Sad 5
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Mama has played such a huge role in her birth story and life already.  I am so thankful for such a godly and caring Mama.  I don't know what I would have done without her these past couple of weeks!

Grown, married woman with now 3 kids of her own and still brainwashed by Jill.   So sad.

I do hope one of the girls just nopes on out of the competition.   My money is on Tessie.   She seems over it already.

• Like 10
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

The babies name is Naomi Christine. 

ugh so predictable and boring. 

IMG_9865.jpeg

IMG_9866.jpeg

I guessed right!  Yay me.  Poor little girl will be waiting on her brothers in a few years.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1

Surprised how quickly the baby came?  It's a third baby and she labored from afternoon until 6 AM the next morning.  To me that isn't surprising in any form.  If anything it might be a bit long.  

• Like 16
2 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Surprised how quickly the baby came?  It's a third baby and she labored from afternoon until 6 AM the next morning.  To me that isn't surprising in any form.  If anything it might be a bit long.  

Keep in mind there's something that Jill isn't telling us. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
12 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Something happened and Jill is telling us just enough to keep people speculating while adhering to Nathan saying ‘ don’t blab’.   She should have just not said anything but of course she wants to blab so is hoping people will ask.   

• Like 11
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Where do I begin?   It was a birth story . . . . . I would be a part of. . . . it's a good thing I was here . . . one TOUGH Mama  . . . .  thriving and doing AMAZING . . . like a champ . . .  one of the toughest . . . I am . .  proud . . .  💜  God is SO . . . in love  . . . . With . . . Jill.

I keep asking and asking . . . why can't we have a vomit emoji?

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

You know Jill is just dying to do one of her classic posts with a dramatic, but vague title sentence followed by ....... please let me explain. Then giving every damn detail.

Since Jill posted about Newman's birth both Tim and Kaylee have joined fb and have their own accounts. They can see for themselves the details mama posts about them and the others.

Maybe Kaylee clued Nurie in how mama posted the private things like tearing and stitches to everyone she knows and people she doesn't know.

• Like 10
4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I like the name. One of those names is mine. 

I hope it's not Keller. 

How many grandkids do Mike and Suzette have now? 14 for Esther; six for Priscilla; seven for Anna; two each (I think) for Rebekah and Susannah; three for Nathan; I think one each for two other K sons. So 36 total? 

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

Didn't Nurie used a midwife center for the previous births? Is that where these photos were taken? The room looks homey, but there's equipment in the background. 

A pediatrician checked the baby? That's good to hear.  

• Like 12
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Prissy is due with #7 later this month. 

Nope. They did that to a baby. 

Be interesting to see if the Wallers continue their boy, girl, P, D streak. 

1 minute ago, Heathen said:

Be interesting to see if the Wallers continue their boy, girl, P, D streak. 

The Waller:s boy/girl streak is over. #7 should have been a boy, but she's having a girl. Now, will she be a D? I think so. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

It looks like Jill is wearing a scrub top as well…. 

2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's wearing a scrubs top in the picture holding the baby. I wonder if they didn't get to the birthing center on time, and Jill messily delivered her en route? 

I’ll bet you’re right!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Prissy is due with #7 later this month. 

Nope. They did that to a baby. 

Maybe Edelweiss will marry Spurgeon. Those names deserve each other.

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I like the name. One of those names is mine. 

I like it, too. Better “boring” (I don’t think they are) than some ridiculous fundie name or one with cReaTiVe spelling!

12 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

I like the name because it involves no "creative" spelling.

Same!!!

• Like 8
10 hours ago, Heathen said:

Edelweiss Keller? Please tell me you're kidding. 

I doubt they even know how to correctly pronounce it 😪😡

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I'm guessing Nurie delivered in a strip mall parking lot, or in the back of their truck while Nathan kept driving.

Hopefully one of Jill's friends will "accidently" comment on the birth and we'll get the whole story - starring of course - Jill.

• Like 8
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 5