Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

How will Jonathan afford meals and shows for Jill and David now?

I have often wonder how Nathan affords it.

• Like 17
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m not able to post pictures but Jill has posted some pictures at the most recent church (in WV, I believe) they were at.  There’s a picture of the Hill family (IMO, Jonathan no longer has a job) . . . 

Jonathan appears to be the only one in the immediate Rod orbit with a decent job with benefits. I hope he hasn't quit it to become a preacher or domestic missionary. It's not like he has a stunning education or is surrounded by helpful people looking out for his best interests. 

Maybe, he's just taking vacation days. 

• Like 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Jonathan appears to be the only one in the immediate Rod orbit with a decent job with benefits. I hope he hasn't quit it to become a preacher or domestic missionary. It's not like he has a stunning education or is surrounded by helpful people looking out for his best interests. 

Maybe, he's just taking vacation days. 

It is worrying though, he has been shown recently helping collate bible tracts in the print shop and running the sound board at the ladies retreat. Sleepng on the barndo couch in dress clothes at 2:30am while Kaylee is awake to take a pic. He has been assimilated to the rod borg.

But no way is Jill sharing money from the grift stops to support another family.

I think Jonathan has bought into Jill and Dave's "multiple income streams" theory. The earpiece could be for a second job. 🤷‍♀️

It seems the Hill family already figured out plexus was a money loss, since kaylee has stopped her giddy and highly filtered posts.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 4

Oh, if Jonathan put up any resistance, it most definitely was futile. 

One good thing about Jilldo running the sweatshop at all hours is that Jon could very conceivably be "helping" after hours and isn't the ladies retreat usually over the weekend? 

I wonder, though, how BME would react to Jon being "called to full time ministry". Kaylee seems the most determined to be Jill2.0 so Jon quitting his job wouldn't completely surprise me. I can see Jill crowing it from the rooftops as more proof that she's god's #1 girl, but I can also see her quietly seething that one of her income streams has dried up. 

• Like 8

Sam, Tim, and Phillip are all probably working, but Jill keeps the details hidden. One of them (Sam?) may be working in the warehouses of Purell (Gojo Industries). Full-time, this would be around $40,000 (I looked it up), don't know about benefits. Tim's insurance sales job wasn't going well in his last known outing (harassing the coffeeshop owners until they kicked him out and he posted a negative review of the shop), but he may have settled down. Phillip has been reduced to online Bible courses, effectively ending his burden of being a missionary in Hungary. He would have a lot of time on his hands unless he were  working at least part time. 

Jon had a supervisor's position at the feed mill. I hope he didn't give it up without a plan. Joining the Rods' flying circus is not a plan. However, I would be impressed if Jon and Kaylee pulled out of Plexus. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Those cowboy boots on Gideon look like girls boots.  High heels aren't very masculine in Jill's worldview.

But hoodies and baseball hats are super feminine!

• LOL 5

Plexus management probably sends out a bi-weekly email that gives ideas, and maybe even wording, on how to promote the product or the business each week.  The distributors can decide if they want to promote as the company suggest or so their own thing.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 4
(edited)
On 7/12/2024 at 11:05 AM, BradandJanet said:

Sam, Tim, and Phillip are all probably working, but Jill keeps the details hidden.

Not posting where they work and delayed posting of the grift stops might be the only safety things Jill has ever done for her children.

Phillip is the one possibly at GOJO. Linkedin in his name, may be fake though.

Samuel is possibly at a glass company. Friends from his work at grad party wearing logo shirts.

I believe Timothy is done with the insurance selling. Last I looked his license/accreditation his appointing company had it listed as Inactive and under termination reason it said cancelled. That was Jan/or Feb.

Timothy mentioned recently about still having his aviation missionary pipe dream and something about possibly becoming a pastor.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Timothy mentioned recently about still having his aviation missionary pipe dream and something about possibly becoming a pastor.

Wow! Just what the group needs -- another pastor! 🙄

• LOL 12

I don’t believe that she hides her sons’ employers to keep them safe. That’s not the reason for her lies and evasions. 

• Like 11
(edited)
43 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Wow! Just what the group needs -- another pastor! 🙄

Yeah. I don't think that's exactly a type of occupation that's poised for growth. How many pastors and traveling preachers can those IFB churches support? The churches on the Rods' circuit appear mostly to be quite small, with the congregations leaning older.  I mean no offense to old people - I am one - but will there be people coming in to keep those churches going as so many of the oldest members inevitably go on to glory?

Edited by Minivanessa
  • Like 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

If I ever need a private investigator or someone to to background checks on men I date, I'm reaching out to @crazy8s.  Nothing gets by you, my friend!

haha - someone on reddit found the linkedin for phllip. Jill posted the pics of Sam and Timothy posted the aviation missionary and pastor comments on fb recently, so not all that hard.

But it is scary how easy it is to find info on everyone.

Husband came home one night this week and said he needed to look into an employee who probably had a different job and was doing little to no work for current job. I googled the guys name, got a pic right off and asked if it was the right guy. He said it was and within 10 minutes i found they guy had a new real estate website, which gave his realtor id# showing a new broker license, an office location and that he had listings where i could schedule an appt for what should have been the guys normal working hours the next day. It was that easy. 

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 9
  • Applause 6
11 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

haha - someone on reddit found the linkin for phllip. Jill posted the pics of Sam and Timothy posted the aviation missionary and pastor comments on fb recently, so not all that hard.

But it is scary how easy it is to find info on everyone.

Husband came home one night this week and said he needed to look into an employee who probably had a different job and was doing little to no work for current job. I googled the guys name, got a pic right off and asked if it was the right guy. He said it was and within 10 minutes i found they guy had a new real estate website, which gave his realtor id# showing a new broker license, an office location and that he had listings where i could schedule an appt for what should have been the guys normal working hours the next day. It was that easy. 

I've worked at a library for 30 years, about 20 of those at a reference desk. I am really good at finding things out. I have databases I can use as well. 

• Like 14

Jill's not disclosing their boys' jobs because last time she did, Tim was fired. He wasn't fired because Jill identified his workplace though. He was fired due to the way he spoke about the clients at the agency.

I don't think Jon has a different job, he's likely using vacation time. Many of the Jon the-good-husband and Jon the-good-SIL pictures were staged for Kayley's brief stint as a Plexus Hun.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'd love to know the story of Kaylee and Plexus. I hope Jonathan put his wimpy foot down and told her no more. 

I think it was all for Jill winning her trip.

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's not disclosing their boys' jobs because last time she did, Tim was fired. He wasn't fired because Jill identified his workplace though. He was fired due to the way he spoke about the clients at the agency.

Yes that and Jill's need for everyone to believe her non whimpy boys are able to get the most exceptional jobs the second they are done with the superior Rodrigues family home school.

There is nothing wrong with the jobs the boys have. But they are jobs most anyone just out of high school could get. Jill needs/wants people to believe they get better jobs than those teenagers of the evil, modern world, public school guys.

But then she can't resist and posts them wearing hats, shirts from their jobs, or in Samuel's case possibly with his employer. Just like mystery guy with the 😎. She has compulsion to post.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
4 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Not posting where they work and delayed posting of the grift stops might be the only safety things Jill has ever done for her children.

Phillip is the one possibly at GOJO. Linkin in his name, may be fake though.

Samuel is possibly at a glass company. Friends from his work at grad party wearing logo shirts.

I believe Timothy is done with the insurance selling. Last I looked his license/accreditation his appointing company had it listed as Inactive and under termination reason it said cancelled. That was Jan/or Feb.

You're right. Sam is at the glass company. That leaves Phillip for Gojo. 

Whatever their jobs, the Rod boys are getting valuable experience working with other people and learning that these people are not devils out to steal their souls.

I never thought Tim was cut out for insurance sales. After listening to some of video "podcasts," I don't think he's cut out for preaching either. If he's not tied to the area through a job, it would be fun if Tim and Heidi decided to move to be closer to her family. Jill's head would explode. 

• Like 17
44 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Whatever their jobs, the Rod boys are getting valuable experience working with other people and learning that these people are not devils out to steal their souls.

Presumably, they're also learning to arrive at work on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work. None of which they'd learn from their parents, just like the Duggars and Bateses didn't learn from theirs. 

50 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I never thought Tim was cut out for insurance sales. After listening to some of video "podcasts," I don't think he's cut out for preaching either. If he's not tied to the area through a job, it would be fun if Tim and Heidi decided to move to be closer to her family. Jill's head would explode. 

How far away is Heidi's family? 

• Like 6
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Heathen said:

How far away is Heidi's family? 

I believe they’re in Pennsylvania.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

They’re in Pennsylvania.

PA is a big state. How far away from the Rod compound are they? 

• Like 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

PA is a big state. How far away from the Rod compound are they? 

At least 7 hours. I put 700 miles at first. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

At least 700 miles!

So, not nearly far enough.

For those not familiar with the area; from the Barndo in Wooster, the Rods could travel to the PA border in maybe an hour and a half and could get to Pittsburgh in about 2 and a half hours.  I think Jonathan's family lives in eastern PA, near Amish country, if I recall correctly.  That's about 400 miles by car and would take around 6 hours to get there.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
18 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I think Jonathan's family lives in eastern PA, near Amish country, if I recall correctly.  That's about 400 miles by car and would take around 6 hours to get there.

Yes, about 7 hours. They live in Levittown PA and their church is in Colombus, NJ. Recent pics from vbs post by Ellen and the church show 3 younger kids attending and Heidi and her sister working there.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

I think Jonathan's family lives in eastern PA, near Amish country, if I recall correctly.  That's about 400 miles by car and would take around 6 hours to get there.

Do you mean Heidi?  Because I thought Jonathan’s family lived in the Deep South?  Like Mississippi or Louisiana. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Do you mean Heidi?  Because I thought Jonathan’s family lived in the Deep South?  Like Mississippi or Louisiana. 

Heidi and Jonathan are cousins, so technically Jonathan's family is Heidi's family. But yes, Jonathans parents/immediate family are in Mississippi, and Heidi's family are in PA. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
47 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Is it just me, or is the gene-pool of the next generation of fundies getting a little shallow?

It's not just you. Kaylee's writing makes my brain hurt. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's not just you. Kaylee's writing makes my brain hurt. 

It's not just the gene pool.  It's the lack of formal education that is also being diluted.  When you give a kid a half-a**ed education, and you then allow that kid to educate the next generation; the level and quality of that education also deteriorates. 

Kaylee's writing is what it is because her only teacher was a woman whose own mother educated her to be barely literate.  I don't know what sort of schooling Jill's mother had, but I expect she either got similarly watered-down homeschooling or was not encouraged by her parents to excel in her schoolwork because she was just a girl who was going to be a wife and mother and would only be reading the KJV anyway.

• Like 13
  • Useful 1
58 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Is it just me, or is the gene-pool of the next generation of fundies getting a little shallow?

That is an interesting question.  All my life I have been around an Old World Amish colony.  It is near the town where my mother and all my aunts and uncles were born, and where I lived as a child. Until about 4 years ago I traveled to visit my aunts and uncles almost every year.  When I was a kid we would drive out there and would see several people with physical deformities, and there were a couple of families with "little people".  (I am trying to be correct, so if I use the wrong descriptors it is no way intentional).  About 10 years ago I was told that they now try to make some marriage matches with other colonies in different parts of the state, and also in other states.  The elders want to prevent inbreeding and are very aware that they are a small group.  Also, families from other colonies do move to other locations. I do wonder if Fundy families take family relations into consideration.  I know that the Sister Wives families are very intertwined, and some of the wives are actually related. (I really would hate to be the one to draw out their family tree!). My point with my post is that the gene pool can get very close with groups that only associate with like-minded people. 

(I don't mean that the elders make forced matches, but I do think they have social events so they can meet other young people)

• Useful 9

Jill really doesn't get it. Every time she describes a Rodlet she touts an unhealthy behavior. Never complaining means Nurie internalizes any negative feelings. Humans have negative feelings and sharing them is okay.

• Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

She might not complain outwardly, but just look at her face. Even through the filters she looks tired, looks like her teeth are clinched and she’s about to through up. 😞 

• Like 11

Master hairstylist Jill should offer to trim a few inches off of Nurie's hair. The ends looks rough. 

I can't imagine carrying around that much hair, especially in the heat and humidity of Florida, but I'm all about comfort, not somebody's idea of religious doctrine. 

• Like 19
11 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

My point with my post is that the gene pool can get very close with groups that only associate with like-minded people. 

If you only hang out with like minded people, and are very insular, your choices are limited.   So eventually you run out people.   Everyone having 10+ kids does not help.   1) some of them leave the cult, reducing the possibile matches IN the cult and 2) there are so few choices, that you get everyone connected to everyone else eventually.   Which leads to fewer unique genes floating around.  Which increases the chance of two bad genes meeting up with disasterous consequences.   NOW, they could get lucky and avoid the Hapsburg fate, but the chances of every single one having no tricky genes AND one never mutating into a tricky gene is so low as to be statistically insignificant.

We are only on about the 3rd/4th generation of these deeply fundy families.   There's still enough diversity.   But its getting close.  

• Like 10

Yeah, I don't think we're anywhere. near Hapsburgs yet and polygamous groups are going to hit that tipping point a lot faster because they're small groups with multiple wives and huge families. The sorry state of young adult fundies still pretty much comes down to poor homeschooling and having the curiosity beaten out of them. All that being said, so many of these marriages involve so-and-so's cousin and such-and-such's sister. Tim + Heidi and Kaylee+Jon's kids are (assuming J and H are 1st cousins) going to be both first and second cousins, not that there's anything wrong with that (no, really, in terms of inbreeding they're fine), but interestingly for all Jilldo "wins a soul" every time she goes to the grocery store, there's not a lot of new blood in these communities.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Master hairstylist Jill should offer to trim a few inches off of Nurie's hair. The ends looks rough. 

I can't imagine carrying around that much hair, especially in the heat and humidity of Florida, but I'm all about comfort, not somebody's idea of religious doctrine. 

Just had to say, love Rocky Horror. I adore Tim Curry. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Jill has a post on Facebook thanking one of the pastors from one of their grift tour stops for treating the family to a meal at Wendy's "after church." Now granted, this was possibly on a weekday instead of a Sunday because they do revivals, etc. But IF it was on a Sunday,  I think there is hypocrisy at work here. Jill condemns those who break any of the Ten Commandments. Yet one of these is " Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it Holy." By going to an eating establishment on a Sunday, she ( or her benefactor, the pastor) rewards the employees working on Sunday, and not keeping it Holy. Now, believe me, I have frequently eaten at restaurants and shopped at grocery stores, etc. on many Sundays. I don't have a problem with anyone doing it. But Jill follows the commandments when it benefits her and breaks them when it benefits her. 

• Like 10

The meal at Wendy’s was mostly empty cups. I did not see much food. Of course the pics could been taken after the food was eaten. Butttt I think pastor only bought them beverages. Or food for adults only. Who knows. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
20 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Getting? 

• LOL 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Jill has a post on Facebook thanking one of the pastors from one of their grift tour stops for treating the family to a meal at Wendy's "after church." Now granted, this was possibly on a weekday instead of a Sunday because they do revivals, etc. But IF it was on a Sunday,  I think there is hypocrisy at work here. Jill condemns those who break any of the Ten Commandments. Yet one of these is " Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it Holy." By going to an eating establishment on a Sunday, she ( or her benefactor, the pastor) rewards the employees working on Sunday, and not keeping it Holy. Now, believe me, I have frequently eaten at restaurants and shopped at grocery stores, etc. on many Sundays. I don't have a problem with anyone doing it. But Jill follows the commandments when it benefits her and breaks them when it benefits her. 

This is from 7/3, in WV. They performed at their old church. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The meal at Wendy’s was mostly empty cups. I did not see much food. Of course the pics could been taken after the food was eaten. Butttt I think pastor only bought them beverages. Or food for adults only. Who knows. 

It looked like the adults (Jill, David & pastor) and oldest boy had Frosties. The other kids all had large waters and 1 soda to share. Even Kaylee and Jonathan looked like they were sharing a water.

There was one little girl that was prepared with a handful of spoons, though, so maybe more Frosties were coming.

• Sad 7