Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I think the colors of the day were purple and black. Sofia was likely so scared of the wrath of Jill she picked black shoes, which just happened to be boots.

IMO, the ragamuffin look is part of Jill's schtick. If anything, Sofia should be the best dressed Rod kid because she is 5th in a line of six sisters and #s 3 & 4 are only a couple/few years older than her. 

And... I wouldn't put it past Jill to ruffle through the clothes and pull out any clothes in Sofia's size. Jill likely wanted a boy/boys after Hannah so Olivia, Sadie and Sofia became the Lost Girls.

But sometime in the next decade they'll become Jill's best friends.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

But sometime in the next decade they'll become Jill's best friends.

And fifty-five-year-old Jill will buy herself and the Lost Girl teens matching polyester knit dresses so she can pose with them as one of the "sisters."  

• Like 2
  • LOL 13

Jill is coming to Florida soon for the birth? Does she know that here in Central Florida yesterday our heat index was 110deg F? She is going to melt with her caked-on makeup, long hair and "modest clothing". I'm sorry for her children and their inappropriate clothing. Does anyone think that her daughter is carrying small for 38 weeks? I hope this child is ok.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Jill is coming to Florida soon for the birth? Does she know that here in Central Florida yesterday our heat index was 110deg F? She is going to melt with her caked-on makeup, long hair and "modest clothing". I'm sorry for her children and their inappropriate clothing. Does anyone think that her daughter is carrying small for 38 weeks? I hope this child is ok.

Nurie is so thin to begin with, she might just be one of those women who carries small. 

Jill can melt for all I care, its the kids I feel bad for. 

• Like 19
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

And fifty-five-year-old Jill will buy herself and the Lost Girl teens matching polyester knit dresses so she can pose with them as one of the "sisters."  

She will still be claiming random strangers "ask her all the time" if she is their sister.

• LOL 13
On 7/3/2024 at 3:33 PM, farmgal4 said:

I mentioned Jill’s favoritism of Janessa a few weeks ago.  She’s a straight up bitch for doing that but what really blows my mind is that she broadcasts it on SM!  Obviously she finds nothing wrong with it because she did the same with Nurie.  There aren’t enough words to describe the evilness that is Jill Rodrigues.

OMG, look at all of the warning lights on the dashboard!! 

I am curious what they are being warned about on that dash.

• Like 6

I think Nurie has always carried small, and Jill was gushing over how tiny she was with a previous pregnancy. I remember commenting at the time that andKaylee was probably going to get snide comments about being SO MUCH BIGGER than the Golden Child...

• Like 5
  • Sad 6
On 7/5/2024 at 9:34 AM, GeeGolly said:

Sofia's situation makes me think of the book, A Child Called "It".

Yes!  Health wise is Sofia ok?  

• Sad 11
8 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Yes!  Health wise is Sofia ok?  

We have no way of knowing except for eagle-eyed posters who have noticed how long she was without her front teeth and her general sickly look. I would bet that if Sofia had a diagnosed condition that didn't come back to parental neglect, Jill would be all too happy to add it to the grift tour. 

• Like 8
  • Angry 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

Her kids will be roasting with no ac in the rv! Jill and ofJill will either get a hotel or sleep in Nurthans house. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 7
(edited)

Do we know they're in the RV (is it even running?), or if all of them are even going? Jill's post was predictably selfish, just saying [she] was on her way. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
12 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Do we know they're in the RV (is it even running?), or if all of them are even going? Jill's post was predictably selfish, just saying [she] was on her way. 

That is because she is the only one worth mentioning (in her mind). 

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Nurie looks fine for 38 weeks, I am pretty good at guessing how far along people are just looking at them.  It's a great parlor trick.  She's got a 7 lb kid in there, she is just thin and long waisted.

Last week, went to a baseball game with a friend.  Pregnant lady came up the aisle at one point and I turned to my friend and told her the lady was 30 weeks.  When the woman came back down, my friend accosted her an guess what?  On the nose!  Hand me a newborn and I can tell how much it weighs within 2 ounces, too.  I need to find a way to monetize my unique skills.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

We have no way of knowing except for eagle-eyed posters who have noticed how long she was without her front teeth and her general sickly look. I would bet that if Sofia had a diagnosed condition that didn't come back to parental neglect, Jill would be all too happy to add it to the grift tour. 

Sofia's front teeth have been out maybe longer than usual, but not 2 years as we mention here. I would have believed that, so I went back to look.

She had all of her baby teeth on her 7th birthday 7/22.  Christmas 2022 one lower baby tooth is out.

In early summer 2023 pics show Sofia missing the middle top and lower teeth. All 4 upper and lower in front by the "once a year vacation" just after Gideon left NICU.

August 2023 Phillip starts bible college 2, the rods invade with the grift and their new fun fact intro which has Sofia trying to do the "all I want for christmas is my 2 front teeth". Sofia has clearly never heard the song and mumbles. Jill says "we will have to work on that"

Sept county fair. The first lower tooth has started to come in, but she has lost several others.

Spring 2024 the family intro Jill mentions Sofia needs a new "fun fact" since her teeth are coming in now.

Her teeth still seem only partially in at this point.

Do not mean this as a judgement on anyone's comments. I just wanted to know how long it has been. Sofia clearly has dental issues of some sort and always seems out of favor with Jill unless needed for a photo op with "baby" Janessa.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4

It's not just Sophia's teeth coming in, which they now seem to be doing, it's how off center her jaw seems to be that bothers me. Maybe it's not a problem, but I wonder how much dental care she gets and if a professional has said anything.

At least the Rod girls (and some of the boys) get orthodontia, even if the reason is just to make them competitive on the marriage market. 

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

It's not just Sophia's teeth coming in, which they now seem to be doing, it's how off center her jaw seems to be that bothers me. Maybe it's not a problem, but I wonder how much dental care she gets and if a professional has said anything.

At least the Rod girls (and some of the boys) get orthodontia, even if the reason is just to make them competitive on the marriage market. 

Well, when she move to being on the "market" we will see if her jaw is still the way it is. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

So Sofia is definitely past the norm for her teeth coming in. Google articles say the norm is 6 months after losing the baby tooth, but can take as long as a year.

She started losing teeth a few months after turning 7 and she'll be 9 without all teeth fully coming in.

She was late in losing her teeth as well. Most kids enter 2nd grade with at least their two uppers and lowers having grown in because they lost their teeth in first grade.

Poor little Sofia should be starting 4th grade.

• Like 3
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 1

Speaking of teeth. We really should keep our baby teeth until we're closer to 21. Why have one set of teeth for 6 or 7 years and the next set for decades?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She started losing teeth a few months after turning 7 and she'll be 9 without all teeth fully coming in.

She was late in losing her teeth as well. Most kids enter 2nd grade with at least their two uppers and lowers having grown in because they lost their teeth in first grade.

Eh, my daughter was 8 when she lost her first baby tooth.  Averages are just that and there are still plenty in the second standard deviation and some farther out.  My granddaughter has been waiting over six months for two teeth to grow in.  My daughter and the dentist got antsy so he took x-rays and the teeth are there just moving ever so slowly.  I'm more concerned about what appears to be lack of alignmet in Sophie's teeth and jaw.  We'd have already had the first orthodontia consult.  I had a daughter with a jaw alignment problem and she had her first appliances at 9 and then almost everything in the toolkit a few years later.  Later as an adult her teeth shifted, her jaw started moving, and she had to do braces again.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Speaking of teeth. We really should keep our baby teeth until we're closer to 21. Why have one set of teeth for 6 or 7 years and the next set for decades?

I still have 2 baby teeth and neither of them have ever had a cavity.  I’m 64.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Eh, my daughter was 8 when she lost her first baby tooth.  Averages are just that and there are still plenty in the second standard deviation and some farther out.  My granddaughter has been waiting over six months for two teeth to grow in.  My daughter and the dentist got antsy so he took x-rays and the teeth are there just moving ever so slowly.  I'm more concerned about what appears to be lack of alignmet in Sophie's teeth and jaw.  We'd have already had the first orthodontia consult.  I had a daughter with a jaw alignment problem and she had her first appliances at 9 and then almost everything in the toolkit a few years later.  Later as an adult her teeth shifted, her jaw started moving, and she had to do braces again.  

For sure.

One of my daughter's friend never lost two bottom baby teeth. After an x-ray they found out why - she didn't have those two adult teeth to push them out.

Another child we know had a tooth grow horizontally behind her two front teeth. She needed a dental appliance to slowly pull it to the correct spot and pull it down.

Sofia doesn't fall within the norm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I would be less concerned about the slowness of permanent teeth coming in if Sofia looked overall healthy otherwise.

She seems to also be slow in overall growing, always has the dark circles under her eyes, thin hair etc.

Sofia is now only a few inches taller than Janessa, but is much shorter than Sadie, who is only a year older.

Sofia's overall appearance screams "NEGLECT", which is sad.

On the average teeth thing. My son had no teeth when he turned one. Lost his first tooth at the end of second grade when he had just turned 8.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
On 7/6/2024 at 10:10 AM, oliviabenson said:

Tim and Heidi’s registry been found and posted. There is a kitchen aide on there. Wonder if it’s for them or greedy Jill!

Posted where? 

• Like 1

Once again Jill uses her narcissistic twisted thinking to turn criticism into something its not. Putting her phone down in church is not about the messages she posts, its about respecting a place of worship, the congregants and the pastor.

And... if she hugs the wall any closer folks are going to think she's doing something more than hiding her curves for a Plexus photo.

• Like 14
  • LOL 7
16 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Recording the sermon? Jill, we aren't idiots, you are snapping pics of yourself most of the time. 

But but but she’s doing it for us! We sinners need to hear what these preachers have to say, even if it’s the same thing over & over.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 14
1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

Jill is not a kind person. Ever. So once again she lies as she spews her hateful views and calls anyone who disagrees with her, a "hater." 

Exactly, and she’s actually the “hater”, imo.

• Like 18

Have you ever recorded a sermon on liars and hypocrites, Jill?

In other news: Knew we'd find out what happened at Joy Baptist sooner or later.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2

Told to put my phone down in church, but I take it out to record the sermon.   That's totally different right?    No Jill, put your phone down means put your phone down through the whole service.  

I wonder if the new church being bigger has already told her to knock it off.   A smaller church needs support more and will put up with more.   Until they figure out that with Jill support runs only one way.   A bigger church with established members will be more likely to say "this is how we do things here, get with the program or move along."

• Like 15
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jill not only records the speaker (sometimes), she records or photographs the people around her, adults and children. Then she posts their images on social media as she likes. 

Maybe some people in the new church are sophisticated enough not to want their privacy abused like this. Maybe they set boundaries that Jilly doesn't like. Heck, even the preacher might not want his sermons recorded and distributed without permission. 

Jill should listen to these great sermons and take notes. She can share information without her and strangers' faces plastered everywhere. 

ETA. Jill has posted a picture of Sofia's feet?? That's going to end up taped to some creep's mirror. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill not only records the speaker (sometimes), she records or photographs the people around her, adults and children. Then she posts their images on social media as she likes.

Am I remembering correctly she recorded and posted Pastor Nathan Keller doing a sermon about evils of social media and recording during worship?

At one of the recent grift stops, the one in Richmond maybe, there are people singing or a pastor up front and Renee is showing mama something on a tablet right in the front row.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 9
  • Applause 6
(edited)

Jill would not be happy at my church.  The priest has the ushers go quietly to anyone with their phone out and ask them to put it away.  I saw somone with the readings for the day called up on their phone and the usher brought them a missal.  I think the service would stop if someone started taking photos of the congregation.  I know people are asked not to photo first communions, but wait until it's over and then take photos of just their child inside the church or friends of their child if the other parents agree.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 18

Maybe some people in the new church are sophisticated enough not to want their privacy abused like this. Maybe they set boundaries that Jilly doesn't like. Heck, even the preacher might not want his sermons recorded and distributed without permission. 

Jill should listen to these great sermons and take notes. She can share information without her and strangers' faces plastered everywhere. 

ETA. Jill has posted a picture of Sofia's feet?? That's going to end up taped to some creep's mirror. 

Why has no one thrown that sock out? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Jill is not a kind person. Ever. So once again she lies as she spews her hateful views and calls anyone who disagrees with her, a "hater." 

Yep. “Hate” is a strong word, and she needs to stop misusing it. Also Jill - “sin” is a not a concept I accept. Speak for yourself.

• Like 16

Heck, even the preacher might not want his sermons recorded and distributed without permission. 

Copyright issues.   The preacher might want to control his name, image, likeness and any of his sermons.    If she is freely distributing the stuff, it night be harder to protect.

Not that Jill cares.   Although I would laugh my ass off if she got hit with a copyright lawsuit.   That might stop her.

• Like 18
10 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Copyright issues.   The preacher might want to control his name, image, likeness and any of his sermons.    If she is freely distributing the stuff, it night be harder to protect.

Not that Jill cares.   Although I would laugh my ass off if she got hit with a copyright lawsuit.   That might stop her.

That's interesting. I wonder if the preachers on the Rods' IFB circuit tend to even think about copyright and intellectual property at all, much less do anything to protect their sermons. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Why has no one thrown that sock out? 

Jill may have thought she'd be cute by claiming Sofia "loves to dress herself" and needs to be taught which shoes and socks to wear. IMO it's kind of a narcissist move, to poke fun at someone else (your child!) while acting like the amused/indulgent mother and getting points for that.

But If Jill got any less than fawning feedback on that post, I'm sure that not only would the sock have been discarded, the Wrath of Jill would have taken it out on whichever Rod child was "in charge" of laundry, or otherwise culpable for not discarding it and bringing shame on the family. 

I wish I were joking, but I believe those kids are skillfully terrorized behind closed doors. Jill's just become more canny about hiding the details over the years. Remember when she used to "brag" that her teenagers loved to fast for the Lord, illustrating it with their photos looking scary-skinny? If her kids are still "fasting" for the Lord, she's learned to STFU about it. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Minivanessa said:

That's interesting. I wonder if the preachers on the Rods' IFB circuit tend to even think about copyright and intellectual property at all, much less do anything to protect their sermons. 

I don't think many of them do. Even if they think about it, they most likely wouldn't know the process to get protected.

It made me laugh when Phillip did that weird video about Hungary last year and the last slide said copyright Phillip Rodrigues. No way in hell he filled the proper forms for a copyright of a bible college power point slide show using pics taken from the internet.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
(edited)

Stockings??? Is that her feminine form of socks?

ETA - just for fun, I searched for “stockings” on google and got mostly porn-y results! 😆

Edited by AstridM
  • LOL 8
7 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Stockings??? Is that her feminine form of socks?

ETA - just for fun, I searched for “stockings” on google and got mostly porn-y results! 😆

Jill they are called tights. 🤦‍♀️

Very common for little girls whether they are churchgoers or not.

The pics of Sofia were Nov. 2020. Jill states "I think I need to get her more stockings and teach her what type of shoes to wear WITH stockings and have a talk with her what shoes are proper to wear for this time of year. "

Maybe besides talk about appropriate shoes for the season Jill and Dave might put in some effort to actually provide said footwear. Since Sofia was shown in fleece lined winter boots in 90 degree weather just last week, I will say neither the footwear talk or providing proper footwear has happened.

• Like 13
  • Sad 5

It amazes me how quickly we get excuses from Jill to explain a post from here.  Either she reads here, or someone who does tells her about our discussions.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
40 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I don't think many of them do. Even if they think about it, they most likely wouldn't know the process to get protected.

It made me laugh when Phillip did that weird video about Hungary last year and the last slide said copyright Phillip Rodrigues. No way in hell he filled the proper forms for a copyright of a bible college power point slide show using pics taken from the internet.

Copyright is automatic.   Now, there are some things you can't do if you haven't filed your copyright paperwork, but you still own the copyright.   So Phillip wasn't wrong to make it clear it was copyrighted.

I know books of sermons are copyrighted.   I know people have a right to their own name, image and likeness, without filing paperwork.   Jill uses her social media to grift so an argument COULD be made that she is using unauthorizedd name, image and likenesses for commercial purposes without compensation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Useful 3