Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Since she went swimming after the pool is closed I don’t think they can sue. 

That doesn't stop people from trying and a lawyer for taking a case. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And we know she thinks her moral high-ground absence from most of the parties is oh-so conspicuous, and is somehow going to make others wonder, "where is Jill?  Why isn't she here?  Could it be....perhaps, we are sinning?!  Should I re-think this margarita?"  While in reality, either no one has even clocked her not being there, or they are relieved about it

Jill has pretty much painted herself into a corner as far as the Plexus trips. She so desperately wants to be in the upper jewel tiers. She was miffed she was ineligible for the VIP party in Nashville, didn't qualify to take hunky hubby to the next thing, made damn sure she was taking this trip, even if it meant signing up 2 daughters who don't have the money for it.

But then the dilemma, she can't brag or post about the fun things and partying with the higher up jewels because she most likely will lose funding from the grift churches for being too worldly.

Some things from not all that long ago David ranting from some random pulpit about fornication on beaches. So beaches are out. Jill posting about even being present where alcohol was served, or looking upon the sight of alcohol was forbidden and was sinful.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Since she went swimming after the pool is closed I don’t think they can sue. 

There's something in US law about "attractive nuisances" like pools that can give the rule-breaker an advantage. However, any case about this pool would be under DR law. If the Rods were to sue, I'd imagine they'd have to make trips back to the island to pursue the case. That wouldn't happen.

If Jill ever figures out she can make money on civil lawsuits, every business in Wooster, Ohio and beyond had better watch out. Satan may be causing her to SEVERELY slip and fall in the local Goodwill, but Goodwill, Inc. will get the bill. Satan doesn't pay in cash.

• Like 8
15 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If Jill ever figures out she can make money on civil lawsuits, every business in Wooster, Ohio and beyond had better watch out. Satan may be causing her to SEVERELY slip and fall in the local Goodwill, but Goodwill, Inc. will get the bill. Satan doesn't pay in cash.

The resort pool hours posted are 7am to 8pm. I think Jill jumped in the pool at about 7:45, called it midnight since it was dark and suggested they were living the party life.

Jill filing suit in Wooster could work 2 ways. The Amish, her neighbors, people from church could also sue her any old time for right to their own public image/privacy.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It could have been a midnight swim. She posted at 2am her time. 

Dave narrated the video.  He said it was almost midnight.   I’m not even sure that was an actual swimming pool or one of the reflective pools not meant to swim in.  There’s no lounge chairs or steps or a ramp to walk into this pool in sight in the video.   

They are by themselves with no kids or chores to keep them up. Why doesn’t she take advantage of that and go to bed rather than post at 2am?!

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 9
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

Jill has pretty much painted herself into a corner as far as the Plexus trips. She so desperately wants to be in the upper jewel tiers. She was miffed she was ineligible for the VIP party in Nashville, didn't qualify to take hunky hubby to the next thing, made damn sure she was taking this trip, even if it meant signing up 2 daughters who don't have the money for it.

But then the dilemma, she can't brag or post about the fun things and partying with the higher up jewels because she most likely will lose funding from the grift churches for being too worldly.

Some things from not all that long ago David ranting from some random pulpit about fornication on beaches. So beaches are out. Jill posting about even being present where alcohol was served, or looking upon the sight of alcohol was forbidden and was sinful.

This is such a good point.

Personally, I don't think Jill had a great time on this trip, although she'll never admit it. Her highlights included a two-hour Plexus sales pitch, bowling, sitting in a golf cart in the hot sun, jumping in an empty pool after dark, eating low carb food, and hearing "the Nationals" sing happy birthday to someone she didn't know. Oh, she got to wear her new wardrobe, but only her snarkers noticed.

Jill needs to be the center of attention. On this trip, she was invisible. That must have been almost unbearable for her. The cruise would have been the same or worse and have cost more out of pocket.

What's the point of hustling to gather points for the big trips that Plexus uses as status rewards if she can't enjoy them. What's the point of moving from "the metals" to "the gemstones" if she feels she can't mingle with the gems at their "sinful" events? Sure, there are Plexus branded tote bags as incentives, but how many tote bags can one person, even a hoarder like Jill, possibly want?

I'm curious to see how she handles the situation, or if she even realizes the dilemma. Maybe she could eventually make some money pushing Plexus, but she needs to keep signing up people in her down line to make that happen, and there aren't that many people she knows who can afford to spend hundreds of dollars each month on overpriced vitamin drinks.

Perhaps Dave has an answer. He might have had a wonderful time and thought the trip was worth all of Jill's time and effort.

• Like 21

From the Rod website on how to dress. So would those be Long Shorts on hunky dave?? Jill has shown a few outfits on this trip that were sleeveless or damn near sleeveless. Also why is he wearing a life jacket more suited to his 130lb son??

Dress Standard

– The Bible tells us that we are supposed to adorn ourselves in “modest apparel”. The males in our family wear shirts and pants (sometimes long shorts for swimming) at all times. The females in our family wear long skirts and modest blouses (meaning nothing sleeveless or too low) at all times. Scriptures to refer to WHY we dress this way are: Deuteronomy 22:5; (nakedness is described in Isaiah and thus describes what we SHOULD cover) – Isaiah 47:1-3; and 1 Timothy 2:9.

• Useful 6

She showed off her pits twice, is the world going to end? Thank heavens hunk keeps his pits to himself. Also showing off her anklet and legs not very mahdest. 

Dave looks like he is miserable on this whole trip! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)

From the Plexus site

Can I stay pre/post days?
Yes, the cost for that is $269 per person per day based on double occupancy adults ages 13+. Children from ages 2-12 yo: $134.50. Year old and below are free. 

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 5

I'm just picturing Jill using 'a few words of Spanish' with the (ugh) natives and I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

Do you think some of the words she learned were "Una Americana muy fea" or "Soy catolica, estupida"?

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I'm just picturing Jill using 'a few words of Spanish' with the (ugh) natives and I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry. 

Do you think some of the words she learned were "Una Americana muy fea" or "Soy catolica, estupida"?

Uno taco

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
35 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Aren't they back in Florida yet? This was a three-night trip.

She probably took a million pics/videos and will post for days about her wonderful trip and buy plexus from me hehe!

• Like 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Uno taco

Tacos are Mexican not Dominican, but same idea. Its funny when my mom came to the US in the 60s, she tried a taco and thought they were disgusting. She did change her mind later. 

I would volunteer "Coño que mujer tan tonta" 

13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Look at DBD on his phone rather than enjoying God's creation. 😂

Compress_20240220_165320_0829.jpg

He is pretty checked out. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 6
  • LOL 4
57 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

La mujer es muy loco en la cabeza

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

D1107FEF-3621-4555-A1D0-07C59685B17D.jpeg

9B3273C3-4CF7-4020-8BE7-4C07DDAA35DD.jpeg

52AFA40A-F363-457A-B780-0E6A9B62F985.jpeg

That blouse looks like she cut off the sleeves and altered the neckline with a pair of dull scissors. The neckline especially looks ragged and unfinished.

• Like 14
  • LOL 2

So for all of her alleged "Plexus Sisters", did none of them make this trip?  Seems she would want ALLLL of the pics of her upline/downline/PlexusBesties.  Since all of her pics, activities, etc were only her and DBD, it definitely highlights how she isn't nearly as highly regarded as she wants to believe (or maybe just aspires to be).  

I think she knows she's not in the same league as most of the others in attendance.  I think Nashville was the first time she finally realized "Oh.... I see... um, okay..." with her Dollar Tree Hee Haw outfits and now at this event she was able to capture in her photos how "one of these couples is not like the others".  

Considering how terrible her photography skills are, it speaks volumes that her pics are able to capture that.  

but MAHHHHdesty, I guess.

• Like 16
1 hour ago, scriggle said:

That blouse looks like she cut off the sleeves and altered the neckline with a pair of dull scissors. The neckline especially looks ragged and unfinished.

Yes, she made it a tank top, wore it in public and posted pictures on SM, all while making her daughters wear 3 layers of clothing. How’s she going to explain that?

• Like 12
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, scriggle said:

1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Yes, she made it a tank top, wore it in public and posted pictures on SM, all while making her daughters wear 3 layers of clothing. How’s she going to explain that?

One more day in Punta Cana and Jill's going to call this modest.

image.png.a67835903879b2fc07e2dbdebcfc4dc0.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 15
7 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I guess the group of Christian ladies she found at the conference were not on the trip? Or, they are at the resort but are not as fundie as she is so she can't hang out with them.

Her downline went to Nashville, but none of them qualified for this trip. So yeah, she was pretty much a loner since she never hooked up with her buddy Karissa.

• Like 9

Not even a picture with Karissa or the sister wives? She probably staked out the VIP party door for Pastor Tim but no luck with the sister wives. 

And where was Karissa as a ranked plexus hun?

Anyways I’m severely thrilled Jill went to DR at the expense of her kids basic needs/comforts. Yay Mahmo /s.

• Sad 6
15 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I’m surprised  she continues to work for a company that hosts a party with alcohol and music if she feels obligated to leave the party. She didn’t mention any actual inappropriate behavior. 

Not music! Cue shocked Pikachu face.

Ah, but this works out perfectly for her. She gets the lame perks of "working" for Plexus and she gets to feel superior to the heathens who aren't favored by God.

5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Look at DBD on his phone rather than enjoying God's creation. 😂

Compress_20240220_165320_0829.jpg

Wow, I barely recognize her here. Did she forget to trowel on 7 inches of makeup with a garden spade?

• Like 9
  • LOL 6