Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Plexus Slim requires a 40-hour fast? I thought just drinking it melted away unwanted weight, like the nose has melted off Jill's face. 

Did Jill really last forty hours without sneaking into her private drawer in the fridge? Only her kids are expected to go without eating.  

Phillip looks great. Do the Catholics in Hungary know they are lost souls? Does Phillip listen to the Hungarian national anthem or just watch it? 

I thought it was a 72-hour fast. I guess she couldn’t take it! 😆

• LOL 5
17 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I assume he's listening while watching. What he is watching is a question. Does he have a DVD or something?

And how does he understand the words?

• Like 7
  • Useful 4
On 1/6/2024 at 11:49 AM, GeeGolly said:

So these tracts are different than the norm?

I think they are 'different' in that the generic smiley face thingy that is on the front of their other pamphlets is usually not part of the John/Romans.  So they just shufted the Smiley cover from the other pamphlets onto the John/Romans text.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Turquoise said:

Did the boys at the college have to unload the 5,000 John and Romans (SMILEY!) so Dave could clutch his Bible at all times?

Did they drive the RV there? Can it really be cost effective to personally deliver all of their orders?

6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No, that fast starts tomorrow. She fasted ahead of time. She's basically on a starvation diet. 

Dave, too? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I think they are 'different' in that the generic smiley face thingy that is on the front of their other pamphlets is usually not part of the John/Romans.  So they just shufted the Smiley cover from the other pamphlets onto the John/Romans text.

Groundbreaking!

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Did they drive the RV there? Can it really be cost effective to personally deliver all of their orders?

They usually use the van to deliver. But that means only a few of them can go. Or just Jill went, and all the guys we see unloaded the boxes. 

• Sad 3
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They usually use the van to deliver. But that means only a few of them can go. Or just Jill went, and all the guys we see unloaded the boxes. 

So their only orders are within semi-short driving distances from their home? That seems very limiting. 

• Like 3

He looks so much better than he did before he left for school!

IMG_9167.png

Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

They've driven orders to Florida. 

And now this one to Indiana? Do they actually have any other orders/clients?

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 3
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

He looks so much better than he did before he left for school!

IMG_9167.png

And now this one to Indiana? Do they actually have any other orders/clients?

Supposedly they do have other orders, but their stock and trade is mostly the smiley tracts, which are smaller (more to a box). They've delivered to multiple churches in Florida in one run. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He must Youtube it. I'm guessing it may be played at the Olympics every once in a while, but I don't think the average American happens upon it often or ever.

Yes, my first thought was the Olympics. 

53 minutes ago, AstridM said:

And how does he understand the words?

He has a Hungarian Phrase Book.... I will not buy this record, it is scratched. Python reference! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

The weight loss challenge starts tomorrow. Perhaps she did the Plexus reset, but instead of saying that, she called it fasting? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Seems backwards either way.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The weight loss challenge starts tomorrow. Perhaps she did the Plexus reset, but instead of saying that, she called it fasting? 🤷🏼‍♀️ Seems backwards either way.

Referring to my previous post, she did this fast ahead of the group's scheduled "reset" tomorrow. She's starving herself. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Referring to my previous post, she did this fast ahead of the group's scheduled "reset" tomorrow. She's starving herself. 

She probably just did it ahead as a substitue because she and hunk have a date night planned, someone is taking them to dinner or whatever in the next few days. She always has a motive behind this nonsense.

• Like 9
27 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

She probably just did it ahead as a substitue because she and hunk have a date night planned, someone is taking them to dinner or whatever in the next few days. She always has a motive behind this nonsense.

I don't think hard boiled eggs are part of the Plexus fast. That's a liquid fast. Bone broth, protein shakes, etc. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
(edited)
On 1/6/2024 at 3:07 PM, AstridM said:

Why do these people all feel the need to buy homes immediately? Why not rent for a few years like most people?

In Tim's case,  I'd imagine BME pushed him into buying it, with grand dreams that SHE would be able to do her decoration vomit all over, and be in charge of the whole courtship. 

She wasn't expecting him to enjoy being with Heidi and the Coverettes better than her. 

I hope sooner rather than later they sell the house, move where they want, and have a great life.

Edited by beckie
  • Like 10
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't think hard boiled eggs are part of the Plexus fast. That's a liquid fast. Bone broth, protein shakes, etc. 

I meant just the reset/fast in general. Like she just picked different days that were more convenient to pretend she was fasting, rather than starting tomorrow. But either way quit early anyway to eat the silly eggs in the car.

Dave probably got 8 hot dogs, a party size bag of chips and a 2 liter soda for himself.

• Like 7

I thought I was lazy in the kitchen.  Actually, I don't cook very much at all.  But how hard is it to boil a dozen eggs and have them on hand?  Actually, I do 2 dozen at a time in my Instant Pot, and it takes all of 10 minutes.  (well, 15 including putting them in ice water)  I like doing eggs this way because it is so easy, and the eggs peel so easily.  I always have boiled eggs on hand.  It probably cost a lot more to buy them precooked than doing them at home.

Egg tip:  can't tell a raw egg from a boiled egg?  Give it a spin.  A raw egg will wobble and spin slowly.  A boiled egg with spin quickly.  That's because the yolk is now solid and it gives the egg an axis to spin on.

• Like 5
  • Useful 11
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Can we change the topic? All this talk of hard boiled eggs makes me feel queasy. I prefer soft boiled. Hate deviled eggs. 

Thanks! 😀

I love soft boiled with salt and toast strips you dip into the yolk. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

40 hour fast? Wouldn't one be sleeping for 16 or so of those hours?

Just a month or so ago Jill stood up in front a church and claimed she was doing the intermittent fasting diet and she was losing SO much weight. For all her diets, resets and gut health nonsense, she seems to always look about the same. (not saying bad, just the same)

• Like 22
30 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Just a month or so ago Jill stood up in front a church and claimed she was doing the intermittent fasting diet and she was losing SO much weight. For all her diets, resets and gut health nonsense, she seems to always look about the same. (not saying bad, just the same)

No judgement at all here, but we've all seen pictures of Plexus conventions. Maybe their guts feel great 🙃, but for all their talk of weight loss its obvious its not working.

Ozempic and such is changing the diet industry - maybe Plexus' days are numbered.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
53 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Jill posted a video of Renee singing a solo at church yesterday, and she has a very pretty alto voice!  She sounds way better than Jill!

I hope Jill doesn't see this comment. She will take the video down because she can't let anyone (even her daughter) be better than her.  

• Like 16

New blog post. Using spoiler because it’s SEVERELY long.

Spoiler

Rodrigues Family Ministries

Happy New Year – 2024!

Posted on January 7, 2024 by Rodrigues Family

*Read all about what we have been up to this past Fall and early Winter! 

Dear Family & Friends & VALUED Supporters,                                                                      Dec./Jan./Feb. 2024

Happy New Year – 2024!  The time keeps ticking…..tik, Tok, tik, Tok.  We know our time is short to serve Jesus here on earth.  So, it is with FERVOR that we continue to extend ourselves to exhaustion to continue to print, cut, collate, stitch and cut again, box, and ship millions of Smiley Gospel Tracts and now thousands of John & Romans with the Gospel in the front of them.  In the midst of it all, we manage to keep up our travels to churches that request meetings with our family.  We enjoy singing together and always feel a loss when one of our children grow up and leave our singing group. However, we have NO greater JOY than to hear that our children walk in truth!  This past Fall, we had over a dozen of churches we traveled to for special meetings.  We are thankful that three of those churches took us on for financial support.  What a blessing!  To purchase the paper, ink, chemicals and parts for the printing presses (to keep them running smoothly) is a big expense.  It is also not cheap to run the electric and heat in our print shop.  We are thankful to watch God provide for us through His generous people. 

This past Christmas Season, we enjoyed going to three different police stations and two fire stations to deliver Christmas cookies with thank you notes (for their service) along with Gospel Tracts.  We also sang for them.  It was also a blessing to go Christmas caroling in our neighborhood while giving each home a Gospel Tract and an invite to a Christmas party at our home.  We had lots come, but especially a lot of our Amish neighbors.  They enjoyed it SO much, that they asked us to come and sing for a big Amish event they had.  We are striving to be a light also in our neighborhood and encourage them to look inward to be sure it is not any of their works they are trusting in to get them to Heaven, but ONLY in the shed Blood of Jesus Christ!  Thank God, He was born to die to redeem us from eternal damnation.  What a Saviour!   2024 is already filling up with loads of work for Eternal purposes….but it is rewarding and we would not want to be doing anything else with our time. 

We watch our children continue to grow in leaps and bounds and dread the day when our house is quiet with no echoes of little voices filling every nook and cranny of our home.  We don’t mind the spilled milk or the scratched floor.  We LOVE every moment of being parents to each one of our children, and our deepest desire is to see our efforts multiplied as they go forth as arrows and hit their mark.  May they also do MIGHTY things for Jesus, and we will sit back with warmth in our aging hearts, knowing that every effort made, every prayer prayed, every tear shed, every moment of no sleep, every family meal and devotion time… was worth every moment to raise a generation for the cause of Jesus Christ!  Even now, the ones still at home, are storing treasures in Heaven as they help us with SO many facets of our ministry!

With that said, we SAVOR each precious moment with them. 

1) Recently, Janessa wanted to pretend to do my makeup.  She commented that she was now going to do my “eyebrowns”!  She also calls eyelashes – “blinks”. 

2) Our children love to take bike rides when the weather is nice.  There is a local soda machine nearby and one day they went and got sodas.  Upon arriving back home, they showed me what sodas they had gotten.  Most of them had chosen root beer.  Janessa proclaimed to me, “Beer is my favorite!”  LOL.  Oh, how I cherish the innocence! 

3) One Sunday I was not able to attend church due to Janessa & Olivia being sick.  When the family got back home, David told me that our church had the Lord’s Supper that morning.  A bit later, we overheard Sadie telling Olivia that they had done the “Bread & Breakfast”  while at church. 

4) When we take our little girls potty in public restrooms, we are VERY particular about guarding against germs and taking precautions to avoid coming in contact with them.  When I was about to put Janessa on a public potty, she asked me,  “Mama, are there ‘Germans’ on this toilet?”  Oh My!  LOL. 

5) Janessa recently proclaimed that she did NOT want to grow up and leave me!  She said she is SO glad that she was born in the Ro grigues family!  Lastly, she recently saw a mothflying in our house.  She told her siblings, “I saw a muffin flying around.”

6) On Thanksgiving, we had a houseful of Jill’s extended family over.  What a TREAT it was to have them all here for a few days!  Jill’s DEAR sister Amy (who is in a wheelchair as a quadriplegic due to a bad car accident 8 1/2 years ago) was here with her husband and their six children.  We all had assigned seating for our Thanksgiving Feast.  I had written a tag for Amy’s place setting, and I had written a note next to her name – “Our Role Model”.  Sofia read that and contemplated what it meant.  She explained to her older sister Sadie that Mama had written “role model” by Aunt Amy’s name, because she ROLLS around in a wheelchair and she is a MODEL!  SO precious…..and true!  A new definition of ROLE MODEL” has been made.  LOL. 

We LOVE and appreciate each one of you and hope you have a WONDERFUL 2024! 

Serving Jesus With Joy,  The Rodrigues Family Titus 2:12-14

• Mind Blown 11
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
47 minutes ago, Lisa418722 said:

I hope Jill doesn't see this comment. She will take the video down because she can't let anyone (even her daughter) be better than her.  

I agree! Whenever we compliment a Rodlet, I fear there will be retribution from Mahmo towards that child. 

• Sad 10
(edited)

Since even Jill figured out that the ministry year-end newsletter wasn't the right place to talk about how much of her year was spent pushing Plexus, she had to resort to the cute sayings of Janessa to fill the page. Of course, her DEAR sister Amy (who is a quadriplegic) got a mention, but Tim's engagement and Kaylee's little Gideon did not.

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Like 15
  • Sad 4
23 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

Watch out Jessa...the sayings of Spurgeon are going down!

So Jill is pushing the Sayings of Janessa hard. There is no mention of anyone other Rodlet except Olivia who was sick the same time as Janessa.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
(edited)

Even Nurie and Pastor Nathan Keller got no mention for announcing blessing number 3 and that Nurie hopes this one is a girl so she can beat Kaylee in giving mama her first granddaughter.

Timothy's engagement and Gideon's SEVERELY premature birth were in previous blog posts.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 7

So, Jill invites the Amish neighbors to her pathetic Christmas parties so she can "save" them with the right Christianity, which apparently involves small amounts of cheap, processed food and tons of makeup and hairspray. Jill is a big light in the neighborhood, for sure. 

Oh, small churches, give David and Jill more money because all those smiley tracts are expensive to print and require David to get out of the recliner, turn off the map, and do something. 

Jill needs money to go to Punta Cana too. 

• Like 20
(edited)

In other news that got missed in the last site glitch. Jill posted pics of Nurie having a tea party with friends. One of the friends was her SIL Hannah Reber Keller and her baby Genesis. The other friend Jill tagged is friends with Jill  on fb. She reposts some of Jill's bible verses. For any who might celebrate Nurie having her own friends, here is a recent post from Nurie's tea party friend.

"Child Training For Church

“When our children were very small we had church at home every day. We put a preaching cassette on and set the little ones in our lap and trained them to sit still for the duration of the message. It was a hard time for all of us “at home” but within a few weeks it was soooo worth the trouble at home.

Alyson got to where she could sit the little ones on the couch and tell them to sit still while the preacher preached. She could be up cooking, cleaning etc. while they sat quietly listening to the preaching.

Do your training at home. Don’t punish the rest of the church trying to train at church.

If you train at home there’s nothing left to do at church but the occasional discipline for when your child tests your resolve in public. And if your child tests you in public please remember that this is your cue to train more in private.

If we will train our children in private, there should never be a need for discipline in public.

Public discipline can easily be a display of a parent’s pride about how tough they are. Never disciple because of your pride being hurt. Your child will know this as well as others and this is a breeding ground for resentment in your child’s heart. Always remember the embarrassment we feel from a disobeying child publicly should never be aimed toward the child, but rather look at your self and say this is my lack of training more than my child’s rebellion.”-Pastor Timothy Giddens"

#TrainUpAChild

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 20
  • Fire 2
44 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Alyson got to where she could sit the little ones on the couch and tell them to sit still while the preacher preached. She could be up cooking, cleaning etc. while they sat quietly listening to the preaching.

I usually go to church with my mom and let's just say I'm in my 50s and she's in her 80s.  I'm saying that because yesterday she got started laughing while watching two people in front of us (hard to describe, you had to see it).  I finally leaned over and told her she needed to the other end of the pew because she was a bad influence (laughing while I said it).  But we both sat there trying not to laugh out loud.  I can just imagine what Alyson, Nurie, or Jill would have thought of our behavior yesterday.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

If Jill lost 60% of her blood during her labor with Olivia. Shouldn’t Jill be dead??? And I assume the baby wouldn’t make it either. 

I am definitely not a medical person at all. Just wondering and using common sense.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

If Jill lost 60% of her blood during her labor with Olivia. Shouldn’t Jill be dead??? And I assume the baby wouldn’t make it either. 

I am definitely not a medical person at all. Just wondering and using common sense.

I'm an accountant not a doctor or nurse so I may not know all proper terminology. But many years ago now had a miscarriage that involved hemorrhaging. They tried to stop things in the ER but ended up rushing me to surgery because my blood pressure was tumbling. I was so dizzy just being pushed down the hall that I was ill. I did not lose 60% of my blood.

Also, my son was 3 at the time. I lost a baby before him and another one when he was in kindergarten. On birthday posts I have referred to him as a miracle, with no other explanation (anyone who's close to us knows what I mean by that). When I make birthday posts about him or now my 4 grandbabies I talk about THEM. It is THEIR day. 

• Hugs 18
  • Love 4

Found this

Losing 40% or more of your blood volume will usually lead to death without immediate and aggressive life-saving measures. 

Losing 30% of your blood volume can lead to death without fluid replenishment with saline solution, Lactated Ringer's solution, or a blood transfusion. 

Losing between 15% and 30% of your blood volume won’t usually cause death but will definitely affect your vital signs. 

Losing up to 14% of your blood volume may make you feel weak and lightheaded or dizzy but won't typically have any effect on vital signs like blood pressure or heart rate. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 14
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

If Plexus is such a cure-all, it boggles my mind why these people have to constantly go on fasts and re-sets.  What are they re-setting from, if they are faithfully chugging Plexus?  It makes no sense.

Jill's newsletter was an interesting read. Especially the part where she spelled her own last name wrong.

• Like 1
  • LOL 20