Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Every time Jill uses my/our company I laugh hysterically. Jill the dimwit acts like she owns the plexass company.

Read the fine print. It states in 2020 average annual pay is $597…

yeah Jill is raking in the cash selling plexus /s.

8B7D8402-A793-4929-B04E-697EB2E47395.jpeg

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Like 5
  • LOL 7
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Every time Jill uses my/our company I laugh hysterically. Jill the dimwit acts like she owns the plexass company.

Read the fine print. It states in 2020 average annual pay is $597…

yeah Jill is raking in the cash selling plexus /s.

8B7D8402-A793-4929-B04E-697EB2E47395.jpeg

Jill looks drunk and/or high in this pic. As many pictures as she takes of herself, you would think she could have chosen another.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Subtle shading of Mahmo and her exquisite holiday decorating skills?  Do I sense a Christmas Vacation level throwdown?  Pass the popcorn!

Also, how does one "void their fleshy desires?"  Sounds pretty painful.

Well, I got an entirely different mental image of "voiding fleshly desires", but not going into graphic descriptions on a family board.

• Like 3
  • LOL 18

Apparently before someone can actually book their Plexus trip they have to prove they have both arrival & departure flights booked. I’m going to make a bold statement that BME will not be going on this trip. A passport is needed too and I just don’t see where she can grift all that. Plus I’m not sure if Dave is allowed to go on this trip or not. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 5

I just get the feeling that she is probably hell heck on wheels to live with when she knows a cruise ship is departing that she thinks she should be on, but couldn't grift the plane fare to and from the departure port.  She may be all, "look at my friends having fun!!" on Instagram, but you know it eats her alive that she's not standing on the Lido deck screeching a hymn to the unwashed heathens just trying to enjoy a margarita.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I just get the feeling that she is probably hell heck on wheels to live with when she knows a cruise ship is departing that she thinks she should be on, but couldn't grift the plane fare to and from the departure port.  She may be all, "look at my friends having fun!!" on Instagram, but you know it eats her alive that she's not standing on the Lido deck screeching a hymn to the unwashed heathens just trying to enjoy a margarita.

oh gosh...the picture of her on the lido deck...I'm dying!!!  I am curious to see if she upgrades to a posh modesty swimsuit....she has changed her hair and  clothes...

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Stupid question,  since I've never been on a cruise. Why does one have to have arrival and departure flights booked? I hate flying and absolutely refuse to do it. Can't they get there and leave some other way? Are they flying to DR for the cruise? 

Like I said, I've never been on a cruise,  but I assumed they started state side.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, beckie said:

Stupid question,  since I've never been on a cruise. Why does one have to have arrival and departure flights booked? I hate flying and absolutely refuse to do it. Can't they get there and leave some other way? Are they flying to DR for the cruise? 

Like I said, I've never been on a cruise,  but I assumed they started state side.

This trip isn’t a cruise.

• Like 3
  • Useful 6

Interesting Jonathan's sister in law had this fb post 3 days ago. (his brother's wife, the lizard business owners)

Only Heidi's mom has commented so far.

"After watching people I know get amazing results from these WONDERFUL products, I finally joined this AWESOME company - PLEXUS!! These products help with gut health, weight loss, skin care, daily vitamins, and much more! Plexus gives you an opportunity to make money from home, earn trips, cruises, and so much more!

I would be SO HAPPY to help you get started in your wellness journey and join our AMAZING team!!

I would love for you to join my team today!!"

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Sometimes even a negative waste. 

Poor Kaylee really has no choice.  Her being in Jill's downline earns points for Jill.  Part of anything she sells goes to Jill.  I don't know how Kaylee can afford to buy the mandatory monthly amount, but Jill is not helping her daughter and son-in-law at all.  Unless she guilts Kaylee and, more probably Jonathan, to pay her air fares.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4
25 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Poor Kaylee really has no choice.  Her being in Jill's downline earns points for Jill.  Part of anything she sells goes to Jill.  I don't know how Kaylee can afford to buy the mandatory monthly amount, but Jill is not helping her daughter and son-in-law at all.  Unless she guilts Kaylee and, more probably Jonathan, to pay her air fares.

She has a choice, but she doesn’t realize that. 🥲

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kaylee did an unboxing on FB. It was some new Plexus pack up. So she's buying stuff on top of the Pink Drink. 

Hopefully, Jonathan is doing a lot better than we think, and all these purchases aren't putting a strain on them financially. 

That stuff isn't cheap. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

Tim looks pretty good in that photo. I think he's letting his bleached blonde hair grow out too. This would be an improvement if true.

I thought his gums look puffy.  His teeth are very white so Jill taught him well but is he flossing?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
24 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

And Rene is signed up. I guess her earrings sales go directly to Jill for plexus.

On Reddit someone said kaylees plexus package cost $200+. 

Gee, that is a lot of money for a young couple starting out. 

• Like 8
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

That's why I am wondering if Jonathan is doing better than an entry level salary. 

Maybe, but would that really stop Kaylee (Jill) from purchasing those products if he didn't? I can see Jill wailing how this purchase will GROW her business and she MUST buy it. So far Jonathan has been a kind of spineless when it comes to Jill so I don't see him stopping this sort of thing. I hope he does, but I doubt it. 

• Like 7

Jill has about zero chance of getting a passport for a February trip.  My relatives coordinate then travel to Slovakia every year for 2 weeks.  They are already starting to book for 2024.  The wife needs an updated passport for next year, and when she filed online, it gave her a date in late February or early March.  Thankfully, they don't travel until later in the summer, but she's very worried about the passport.  She was told "expedited" doesn't exist much anymore.  

I can only imagine Jill trying to 'convert' people in the resort, too.  What will happen when she has to speak to someone who doesn't speak English?  I got it!!!  She will just use her stubby little fingers and point 👈👉

Edited by sixlets
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
10 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Jill has about zero chance of getting a passport for a February trip.  My relatives coordinate then travel to Slovakia every year for 2 weeks.  They are already starting to book for 2024.  The wife needs an updated passport for next year, and when she filed online, it gave her a date in late February or early March.  Thankfully, they don't travel until later in the summer, but she's very worried about the passport.  She was told "expedited" doesn't exist much anymore.  

I can only imagine Jill trying to 'convert' people in the resort, too.  What will happen when she has to speak to someone who doesn't speak English?  I got it!!!  She will just use her stubby little fingers and point 👈👉

It’s possible to get expedited passports. 

ETA - oops, I just saw you also said that the expedited passports were no longer widely available. Maybe she is shit out of luck. 

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 3
On 12/5/2023 at 5:20 PM, BetyBee said:

I have a son-in-law who is a pastor. He doesn't take off time at Christmas or Easter. Too much going on, but I guess it's no problem for Pastor Nathan of the bottomless wallet. 

Same thing at my church, which is Roman Catholic.  We have a health care ministry in El Salvador which supports a local clinic, provides medications to people who can't afford them and also coordinates with a larger charity whose focus is on wellness in pregnancy and early childhood.  We're going down for a week in February to do some one on one care and assess for future projects.  One of the assistant priests from the church wants to come with us, which is wonderful.  When we were discussing dates, he reminded us that Lent starts mid-February and the pastor doesn't permit any vacation time during Advent or Lent.

I presume that Nathan's church is pretty small, but, still, it seems like the members would want to attend a Christmas service.  Of course, some of the stricter fundies don't do Christmas because we know Christ wasn't born in December and the original holiday was a pagan celebration of winter solstice.  Maybe Nathan's church is one of those?

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
23 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So now Timbits is quoting himself like he's some big name philosopher. 😂

It is odd enough that he is quoting himself as though anything he has posted makes any sense.

• LOL 16
41 minutes ago, sixlets said:

It totally depends on which passport office services your area.  My daughter in Los Angeles county got the updated ones in less than a month.  She was allowing six months so was shocked.  

eta:  Their website says routine is down to 7 to 10 weeks and expedited is 3 to 5.   If you happen to be able to drop it off at the processing center it seems to go faster.  Daughter was doing children so had to go in anyway.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 5
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I looked up the cost of plane tickets: $450 and up round trip. 

7C1572C6-4325-4318-A124-0C742C16C810.jpeg

8AAB04A7-A54A-4AB9-A8EE-0B67E4FD905F.jpeg

Check Frontier airlines.  They have multiple non-stops to Orlando from Cleveland daily and prices start at $58 round trip.  

There are plenty of direct flights at good prices, I don't know why anyone would do a layover and pay more money.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 4

Oh I checked and you can't drop your passport request at the processing center normally.  My daughter called and they had empty appointment times so gave her one even though she wasn't expediting.  Then they graciously took her and her husbands paperwork after processing the kids.  

I'll be waiting to see what Jill's excuse for not making the trip is this time.  I'd think it would be easier to just not mention the trips except I guess she wants the world to know she qualified.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Oh I checked and you can't drop your passport request at the processing center normally.  My daughter called and they had empty appointment times so gave her one even though she wasn't expediting.  Then they graciously took her and her husbands paperwork after processing the kids.  

I'll be waiting to see what Jill's excuse for not making the trip is this time.  I'd think it would be easier to just not mention the trips except I guess she wants the world to know she qualified.

She will fake a pregnancy lol

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Same thing at my church, which is Roman Catholic.  We have a health care ministry in El Salvador which supports a local clinic, provides medications to people who can't afford them and also coordinates with a larger charity whose focus is on wellness in pregnancy and early childhood.  We're going down for a week in February to do some one on one care and assess for future projects.  One of the assistant priests from the church wants to come with us, which is wonderful.  When we were discussing dates, he reminded us that Lent starts mid-February and the pastor doesn't permit any vacation time during Advent or Lent.

I presume that Nathan's church is pretty small, but, still, it seems like the members would want to attend a Christmas service.  Of course, some of the stricter fundies don't do Christmas because we know Christ wasn't born in December and the original holiday was a pagan celebration of winter solstice.  Maybe Nathan's church is one of those?

Then what’s Jill’s excuse? Does she actually think Jesus was born in December?

33 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Check flights from Orlando. They'll be in Florida for their annual month long vacation, so they're more likely to fly out there. 

In February?

I googled up Anchor Baptist, Seville, FL. Both the Facebook and the website were dead links. The one hit I got was from a listing of KJV churches, and it hadn't updated Nathan as pastor. I guess Nathan really doesn't care about growing his church. Sad. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Because hos church is something totally different. LOL
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I googled up Anchor Baptist, Seville, FL. Both the Facebook and the website were dead links. The one hit I got was from a listing of KJV churches, and it hadn't updated Nathan as pastor. I guess Nathan really doesn't care about growing his church. Sad. 

This is where Nathan needs Jill, lol. She'd have the church's website hopping. Probably not for the right reasons though.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe, but I certainly don’t think all churches MUST be represented on social media. It’s a cesspool in so many ways, imo, and we know Nathan doesn’t much like it, either. 

• Like 4