Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

She looks like she needs to have a HUGE #2 right at that moment. 

6E16BA66-D753-45D6-95D5-9996D1C8B6C9.jpeg

That pose is ridiculous and more new clothes for precious jilldozer. 

She got another new Maine sweatblouse besides this one. I guess a consolation prize for not bulldozing Tim's engagement. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I get pissed off every time I see one of Kaylee’s wedding photos.  I know damned good and well that Jill did Kaylee’s hair like that ON PURPOSE.  Jill knew exactly how bad it looked, but the fk’ing bitch still let Kaylee walk down the aisle with her hair/veil looking like that.  There’s no low too low for BME. 🤬

This, and a few other things that I've mentioned before,  are precisely why I don't believe BME when she proclaims (and Kaylee) her sunshine girl. 

Hopefully Tim and Heidi will have their dream wedding.  They might be able to if Heidi's family is in charge. 

• Like 15
  • Useful 1

I actually do believe that andKaylee is her sunshine girl now. Aside from the Nemo birthday pics and the odd "vacation" to visit the hospital's coffee maker, the Nurthans have been MIA and poor (lucky?) little Newmie is almost non-existent. I figure two babies in, Nurie is finally too busy to devote herself to Mamma's ego. In contrast, Kaylee has been doing it all: caring for ailing grandparents so Jilldo can get credit, offering up her premie for hundreds of photo ops, sticking with the family band a hot minute after giving birth, not doing whatever horrible heathen thing Jilldo's convinced non-fundy moms do to their babies in the NICU. Not to mention, that Jon's always right there with the wallet to give poor Mahmo the treat she deserves. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Sad 17
  • Love 1
On 10/13/2023 at 10:08 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Lord, no! I can totally see Jillybean trying to alter Heidi's appearance, starting with her hair (I figure a hairdresser would start there). 

To borrow a phrase from Tim's podcast, STAND STRONG HEIDI!!!!!

I’m just waiting to see an eyebrow photo of Heidi, to put the nail in the coffin that she is irrevocably a rod!

On 10/13/2023 at 10:41 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Happy Halloween from Fundie Fridays. 🎃

I have been loving all of the past Halloween specials! That is my morning treat to myself, when I have extra time before work!

• Like 10
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Do Jill's customers see her family pictures before buying Plexus? It's hard to imagine seeing pictures of them and thinking their healthy. 

The funny, or sad, thing is many folks equate skinny with healthy and curvy with ill health. In the Rod family the curvy adults are (supposedly) drinking Plexus and the skinny kids aren't.

So no matter what way one looks at the Rod family, they will always be the "before" picture. Well that is before JillR filters the shit out of the pics.

• Like 11
On 10/13/2023 at 3:40 PM, CalicoKitty said:

I remember diagraming sentences in public school 6th grade.  I found it fun.

I never did like doing those. I guess, since I was always a big reader, the rules of language just filtered into my brain without conscious effort, so when it came to actually having to learn the nuts and bolts, all that just went in one ear/eyeball and out the other. To this day, I couldn't tell you much beyond what a noun/verb/adjective is or does.

I wonder whether the Rods' homeschooling includes any reading outside of memorizing Bible verses. Do they study any literature at all, or just read for enjoyment? What would even qualify as acceptable in their world?

• Like 18
19 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I'm not seeing these miraculous results and I see pics of Jill and family nearly every day, whether I want to or not! In fact, Dave looks pretty unhealthy and Jill uses so many filters on herself, it's impossible to see the reality!

Not only did Jill filter her face in her plexus gold school post but now she is filtering her hand/fingers as well.

Screenshot (518).png

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 14
49 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Do they study any literature at all, or just read for enjoyment? What would even qualify as acceptable in their world?

My guess is no. The homeschool family I know that reminds me the most of the fundies we discuss here didn't really read anything but the Bible. Like the Rods, they were originally from New York State. The one exception was Pilgrim's Progress, which the dad thought was the greatest thing ever written. Their teenaged children had no idea Alice in Wonderland and Sherlock Holmes were based on literary works. I was appalled. They also thought me being into Southern Gothic lit meant I was a goth. 😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Zella
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 6
  • LOL 7

Jill bought two new Maine sweatblouses for herself and one for Hannah as a birthday present. (Hannah could just decide to give hers to BME as a gift, like a birthday build-a-bear.) That's about $150 just for clothes with a state name on them. There were those lobsters at lunch too, and the "nice" hotel with a pool and a hot tub. 

Meanwhile, the stink van is limping along with duct tape on the windows, paper clips and chewing gum holding the engine together, and pink drink in the gas tank to keep it sputtering along. Jill's hints have failed so far. Is Plexus distracting Jill from the art of the Big Grift? 

November cruise time will be here soon. More fun for Jilly and Hunk. Less money for everyone and everything else. A potential son-in-law with a bank account has been chased away. An unemployed daughter-in-law is about to be added.

Can Jill and David hang on to their new lifestyle? Will Jill become the breadwinner? Will Plexus bring in enough income to keep the Rodlets in Aldi's potato chips and fake chocolate melts? 

Just wondering. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
19 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill bought two new Maine sweatblouses for herself and one for Hannah as a birthday present. (Hannah could just decide to give hers to BME as a gift, like a birthday build-a-bear.) That's about $150 just for clothes with a state name on them. There were those lobsters at lunch too, and the "nice" hotel with a pool and a hot tub.

Can Jill and David hang on to their new lifestyle? Will Jill become the breadwinner? Will Plexus bring in enough income to keep the Rodlets in Aldi's potato chips and fake chocolate melts? 

Just wondering. 

Jill got 3 new Maine hoodie blouses, 2 pink and one blue.

Since Jill has mentioned they have thought to limit the Praising and Preaching part of their ministry, unless she can grift a new RV of course, I will guess Jill is going all in on the plan of Plexus, marrying off a bunch of kids and having sons and sons in law who work and buy mama things and meals at the NICE Olive Garden.

But there are still a lot of years with children at home for them. Even if they offload Renee, Sam and Gabe in the next few years they will still have 6 children at home.

Possibly they can live comfortably on the Plexus income and what they receive from the Missions Clearing House. They are also sponsored as missionaries by  a few churches. 

But how would they grift the paper and trips to thrift stores where a random church buys them matching outfits and shoes without the travel?

• Like 10

I thought Plexus was supposed to cure your sugar cravings - at least that's what Janelle Brown claimed at one time.  The food looked to be nothing but sugar.

From what I remember, the RV has broken down for many years.  I remember some hapless church had to send some members two hours away to rescue Jill and her brood and then pony up the cash to fix the RV and possibly one of their vehicles as well.  I doubt too many churches will be all that devastated if they stop coming.  Wasn't there one recently where the pastor said that the members wanted to get a different family to come in, but he was going to stick with the Rods?  I felt so bad for the kids having to hear that.  They are already miserable enough singing for their meager supper.

Hope Heidi and her mom keep Jillpm far away from Heidi's hair at the wedding.  No more crooked buns or veils please.

• Like 16
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

When she was filming and panning across the room I didn’t see 1 other person filming or taking selfies. Jill is very odd.

Plexus booklet. 

4E22C2D9-A447-4D47-B1B0-76588F439E26.jpeg

8F27490E-5BCB-4BCC-8FA6-C93C722B9A8E.jpeg

How much of her hair isn’t real and how much did it cost?

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
On 10/14/2023 at 2:50 PM, AstridM said:

IDK, my mom wore cork wedges when I was a kid. In the 70s. . . So grandma shoes is probably about right 😆.

I think Heidi's shoes are perfectly nice. I wear sandals like that all the time. I AM a grandma, though. But on the other hand, I've been partial to that style since I was in my 20s. 

• Like 15

Is Jill planning to dress like a Swiss milkmaid for Halloween? If not, she looks ridiculous with that fake braid sitting on her head. 

Finger filtering does not appear to be working. 

Maybe Jill will recycle that Plexus workbook for Samuel's home school study. She's now qualified to teach a lesson on motivation. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
18 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

You only need a passport to fly if you don't have a Real ID. And they extended the deadline on those, so a regular ID may still work.

And you can get a Real ID without having a passport.  But a passport can be used as one form of ID for the Real ID, if you have one.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

And you can get a Real ID without having a passport.  But a passport can be used as one form of ID for the Real ID, if you have one.

Right. I avoid the DMV, so I use my passport. I am just now facing the realization that I need to collect crap to attain a Real ID. Sigh. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 5
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Right. I avoid the DMV, so I use my passport. I am just now facing the realization that I need to collect crap to attain a Real ID. Sigh. 

Don't take too much stuff.  When they say "two items with address" that is what they mean.  They used my record of giving to church because it had my address on it, so any bill or receipt should be enough.  They want you to bring in the minimum that they ask for.  

• Useful 4
Just now, CalicoKitty said:

Don't take too much stuff.  When they say "two items with address" that is what they mean.  They used my record of giving to church because it had my address on it, so any bill or receipt should be enough.  They want you to bring in the minimum that they ask for.  

My problem is that I have gone virtually paperless. I still have to collect one more item of some sort just to have the minimum. 

• Like 3

But if you want to go enter Canada you need an Enhanced ID and not the Real ID.

We learned this lesson this week when mrcrazy8s ran the detroit 1/2 marathon today and had to carry his passport the entire way since it crosses into canada. His driver's license is a Real ID and somehow I have the Enhanced ID, which did require quite a few items at the MI Sec of State (equal to DMV)

• Like 1
  • Useful 6
2 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

But if you want to go enter Canada you need an Enhanced ID and not the Real ID.

We learned this lesson this week when mrcrazy8s ran the detroit 1/2 marathon today and had to carry his passport the entire way since it crosses into canada. His driver's license is a Real ID and somehow I have the Enhanced ID, which did require quite a few items at the MI Sec of State (equal to DMV)

California does not issue Enhanced DLs. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Yes apparently only a few states offer it.

You'd think that California, bordering Mexico, would offer it. 

Back to Jill, maybe she has a passport, even if she hasn't needed it. A quick check notes that Real ID isn't required yet. She can travel with regular ID.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
22 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

David most likely didn't go. Gold School doesn't seem to welcome or accommodate guests, so no free food for Dave. 

Surely he was too busy directing Samuel on the duct taping of something on the broken down, worn to the bones RV to be able to attend. 😂

Jill's pics at the airport and on the plane show only her and the "sister in law".

• Like 7
  • Useful 3