Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Can you please remind me of the name of that Bible college and where you’re finding the online services/sermons?  Thanks in advance!

Marietta Bible College - they have videos of their services on their fb page

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So this is Jill and Dave's "song" event though Kaylee made the disclaimer that Big Daddy grew up in an "unsaved" home, hence being familiar with this song.  But if the song is so unholy, why is it their song, and why is it being played over the creepy black and white picture of Dave and Jill making out?

Are we modest or are we not?  If we are modest, don't play that heathen song and show us a picture of two adults grinding against a tree.  Nothing about any of this makes any sense, including newlywed Kaylee Girl writing a missive on what marriage is all about.  She must've drawn the short straw from BME and it was her turn to pen the slobbering post to her wonderful parents.

Next anniversary I expect to hear Blue Oyster Cult's "Burning for You" played against a picture of Jill and Dave in bed, for crying out loud.  

Hey hey hey. Some of us are trying to eat our lunch !!!!

• LOL 11

Semi-serious question...what is the reason that pre-married Fundies are only allowed the occasional side-hug with their betrothed, with everything else being off the table in the name of Modesty.  But after marriage, we are treated to various horrors like Jim Bob and Michelle's mini-golf sideshow, this picture of Dave and Jill violating a poor innocent tree, and constant close-up kissing selfies (thinking of Jill and Derrick).  Does post-marriage modesty suddenly take a back seat to making sure anyone and everyone understands that this married couple is boinking as fast as they can to start producing babies?  What is behind their constant PDA's, and how is this considered modest?  Jill can dress in 14 layers of hoodie blouses and leggings down past her feet, but she can grab Dave by the head for a make-out anniversary photo?  It doesn't really make sense.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Yassssss. (Smile)

maybe Jill will see an optometrist doctor between her weekly vacations (if she can). 

There are photos of Jill wearing glasses so she has them.  She looks better in those photos as she hasn't worn all the usual eye make-up.

• Mind Blown 1

Jill's latest post reveals her and Dave infested the state of Maine as part of their whirlwind 25th anniversary celebration tour. I noticed they hit Old Orchard Beach as part of the festivities. I spent many a summer in OOB getting completely wasted and stumbling back to the motel. I doubt the happy couple had as good a time as as I did lol.

• LOL 17
On 10/4/2023 at 2:26 PM, crazy8s said:

Where exactly does Kaylee girl see all these people who give up on marriage. who don't flirt every day, don't say I love you babe, multiple x per day, etc.

Every church she's ever been to on the grift tours, her husband and his family, the church she attends, all share her parent's beliefs about marriage. Perhaps, like her mama, she is projecting her judgement on women in walmart, who she deems must be divorced or in a failing marriage because they are shopping without their man.

It seems to me marriage for Kaylee is for the most part still doing what her mama wants, when mama wants her to do whatever, just as it was before she was married.

Hopefully Kaylee girl stayed the hell home with her husband and newborn for a change rather than traipsing off to vermont with the circus.

Note to Kaylee - interfering in-laws can be a cause of divorce.😂

Well, that's exactly it...all she "knows" of these people who "give up on marriage" is what she has been told about what horrible, selfish, ungodly lives they lead, which gives Satan permission to further ruin their lives by leading them into the bonds of sin. She has no idea that there can be circumstances where leaving a marriage can be the healthiest way forward. I'm all for trying to work things out (have been married for 38 years, to someone who is not the easiest person in the world to get along with sometimes), but then again, I'm a godless atheist, so what could I know?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Like 19
2 hours ago, katycat74 said:

Jill's latest post reveals her and Dave infested the state of Maine as part of their whirlwind 25th anniversary celebration tour. I noticed they hit Old Orchard Beach as part of the festivities. I spent many a summer in OOB getting completely wasted and stumbling back to the motel. I doubt the happy couple had as good a time as as I did lol.

Did your room have a blue toilet and sink like Jill’s? If you remember that is. 😉 

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Did your room have a blue toilet and sink like Jill’s? If you remember that is. 😉 

Lol, it was 25 or so years ago. Don't remember but probably not. Now I'm lucky if I have 3 drinks and home by 7pm. Sucks getting old!🤪

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
7 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

Lol, it was 25 or so years ago. Don't remember but probably not. Now I'm lucky if I have 3 drinks and home by 7pm. Sucks getting old!🤪

I dunno. That bathroom didn't look like it had been updated since the Nixon administration. 😀

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

She thought it was “a nice little bathroom “.  The kitchenette was interesting too. The sink/stove combo was interesting. I have never seen one like it.

screenshots from the video:

FADE998B-22FB-4CC2-8482-D551B78C4B6C.jpeg

BEE0E562-7707-4670-9B77-92FD1419A223.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Are we modest or are we not?  If we are modest, don't play that heathen song and show us a picture of two adults grinding against a tree.  Nothing about any of this makes any sense, including newlywed Kaylee Girl writing a missive on what marriage is all about.  She must've drawn the short straw from BME and it was her turn to pen the slobbering post to her wonderful parents.

The thing is, these fundies love to show off, whether it's "I'm so much more blessed than you" to the heathens or "I can have socially accepted sex nah-nah" to the Fundie Lonely Hearts Club. The idea of living your own life and letting everyone else deal with themselves is completely foreign to them. It's hypocritical as heck, but so are a lot of the things they do. 

As for Kaylee, she and Nurie are the only ones who are supposed to know about marriage outside of chaste doe-eyes and closely supervised hand-holding, so most of her siblings are out. Precious Nurie also seems to have fallen a bit for Jill. I don't know whether it's some boundary Nathan put down, having two kids very close in age, not being the one who's dragged to every public performance anymore, or a quiet coup from andKaylee, but K. is definitely the golden child right now. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Like 11

Oh my. Jill thought this hotel room was something special? Or was this her subtle way of saying they vacation of the cheap?

At least we know the toilet seat has been changed over the years - at least once.

• Like 1
  • LOL 17
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my. Jill thought this hotel room was something special? Or was this her subtle way of saying they vacation of the cheap?

I think she thought it was pretty special.  Watching her pan around a perfectly ordinary motel room narrating like it's the most awesome place she's ever seen makes me laugh.  She even had to ask Dave if the chair was "so pretty"...his response was "yeah."  

But I also hate that she's in Maine, that's on my list of places to visit.  It irks me whenever these traveling fools get to go somewhere I really want to go.

• Like 17
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

I think she thought it was pretty special.  Watching her pan around a perfectly ordinary motel room narrating like it's the most awesome place she's ever seen makes me laugh.  She even had to ask Dave if the chair was "so pretty"...his response was "yeah."  

But I also hate that she's in Maine, that's on my list of places to visit.  It irks me whenever these traveling fools get to go somewhere I really want to go.

Same here. We really want to visit Maine and hope to  next year. These fools go everywhere at the drop of a hat. Must be nice. 

• Like 11
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

FFS, life is one big vacation for these two. And while they stuff their faces, their kids probably barely had enough to eat. 

I'm hoping KayJon or maybe Teidi stopped by with some KFC or Panera for the kids, promising them not to tell.

Or maybe, now that I'm thinking of it, Jill actually expects her older kids to pay for and feed the younger ones while she and Dave are off exploring history so the littles don't end up wandering over to one of their Amish neighbors asking them if they have anything to eat.

I mean, we know Jill doesn't prepare and freeze dinners for her kids while she and Dave are away - we'd have seen it on Instagram.

• Like 1
  • Sad 13
12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

At least we know the toilet seat has been changed over the years - at least once.

It is a five star hotel when compared to an RV with 15 people sleeping in it.  No wonder she took pictures.

• Like 2
  • LOL 15
25 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill, buy bigger rings yours are too small. Maybe give yours to your daughters.

13F23048-4AFF-4E57-BD6F-FBF90C050E93.jpeg

looks painful and something a 13 year old would wear. Not that there is anything wrong with fun jewelry, but yea, give them to your girls at this point. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 15
5 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I really hope they don't deface any historical sites.

4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Thank heavens all the displays in the museum were covered in plexiglass. 

Lol to you both.  There was a part of the video where she was looking at a display that said don’t touch and I thought, “I bet she touched it!”  

• Like 3
  • LOL 15
33 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Lol to you both.  There was a part of the video where she was looking at a display that said don’t touch and I thought, “I bet she touched it!”  

You know she touched it! Maybe stroked it lovingly too.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Shouldn't Jilly and Davy be saving for their cruise in November instead of eating and shopping their way through New England? There will be costs associated with the cruise trip. Does Jill realize that? Does she care? 

It's amazing all the things a couple can afford to do when they simply decide not to feed their kids. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 7

It really is a wonder how the Rods afford the life they live. I mean I doubt they have money like say, the Bates or Duggars, but they certainly make their way up and down the east coast frequently.

And while I agree the Rodlets could have a better diet, they obviously get fed enough to grow, well except for the one whose name I get wrong every time. They all seem to have plenty of (ill fitting, cheap) clothes and shoes. Cars seem to magically appear and they have cell phones. Jill has more tchotchkes than Hobby Lobby and they are on a permanent vacation.

IMO, its a little crazy and a lot curious.

• Like 15
33 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

A lot of credit card debt would be my guess and donations. 

Even if she pocketed the entire go fund me for ma that $ is long gone.

Can people without a steady income of some sort even get a credit card?

• Like 5
15 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill, buy bigger rings yours are too small. Maybe give yours to your daughters.

13F23048-4AFF-4E57-BD6F-FBF90C050E93.jpeg

Because of course you take a photo centered on your stubby fingernail, holding garbage in that hand and pointing at a fuzzy scene and post it on social media…

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2