Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Like Dave would ever leave his chair/map haha. 

And they don’t homeschool either.

Yeah, homeschooling, such as it was in the Rod household, will go to total shit now that there's no accountability in Ohio's laws. They just have to register the kids, but don't have to demonstrate a curriculum or progress. 

• Sad 16

Since when is (and Kaylee) her sunshine girl? She's proudly bragged about how awfully they've treated her. I guess she's it for now, since she lives so close that Jill can hog her baby whenever she wants. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

AndKaykee is buying plexus from Mahmo which makes Mahmo very happy! 

1 hour ago, beckie said:

Since when is (and Kaylee) her sunshine girl? She's proudly bragged about how awfully they've treated her. I guess she's it for now, since she lives so close that Jill can hog her baby whenever she wants. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

If Dave's heard about all the eating that goes on during cruises, there is no way he wouldn't go.  He's likely to "dip up" himself into a coma, or at least some major indigestion/gall bladder issues.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10

I have a very sneaky suspicion that one of the reasons andKaylee was so (completely independently and with no influence whatsoever from Jilldo) keen to stay close to home was to get a new supply of fresh waifs as Mahmo's own children aged out. I really wish Mahmo would leave her alone. Sunshine girl isn't looking well here.

• Like 9
  • Sad 7

The older daughter standing behind the young ones - is she wearing a wedding dress?

And Renee looks like she is wearing a June Cleaver hand me down, which is oddly the nicest she (or any daughter) has ever looked.    

• Like 9
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The older daughter standing behind the young ones - is she wearing a wedding dress?

And Renee looks like she is wearing a June Cleaver hand me down, which is oddly the nicest she (or any daughter) has ever looked.    

It looks like they are dressed up in bridesmaids and mother of the bride outfits. Maybe there was a sale at the bridal thrift shop?

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
33 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Good grief. Jill has been hauling Kaylee around since - apparently - the moment she and her baby were released from the hospital. Her premature baby. Who spent all that time in the NICU. But Mahmo booked an AirBnB in Akron, piled the whole fam damily into it including the wee baby, hauled everybody to the zoo, and let's not forget making everybody - including a probably exhausted new mom - sit up late for family devotionals. And now she has to haul Kaylee out to screech with the family, and it's not even at a church. Geez, Jill, give Kaylee a rest. Literally.

Oh, wait a minute. I forgot. Silly me. No rest for Kaylee!! Jill and David took the family on the road and left pregnant Kaylee to care for Jill's mother and dad who were at that time staying at the barndo. Jill's mother who has been disabled by strokes and needs daily care and assistance. AFAIK Jonathan has a full time job somewhere, so pregnant Kaylee carried that load alone for the most part. Then Jill hauled the Hills off to W Va, where Kaylee gave birth prematurely.

I'm not saying Kaylee would have carried to term if she hadn't had to care for her grandparents or been hauled off on that road trip. Gideon may have arrived early anyway. But the optics are, IMO, bad. 

Jill is so vile.

Don't forget Jill pushes that vile Plexus on her pregnant and nursing daughters!

• Sad 16
  • Thanks 2

For her treatment of andKaylee and tiny Gideon alone, Jill has proven herself to be a giant turd on the fecal chair of humanity. Does she think we don't notice? 

I wish Jonathan and/or his family would step in to protect this little family, but it won't happen. Kaylee will be churning out kids to travel in Jill and Dave's stink van on the singing/grifting circuit and be child labor in the print shop. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 11

As I’ve said before, just because you have a large family doesn’t mean they’re talented. Although the older children have some instrumental skills (not Tessie who has a horrible embouchure) and can possibly carry a tune, you are not the Von Trapp family. The smaller children seem to have no idea of what they’re doing up there and appear to be terrified of Jill. As for Kayley, let her stay home and be a new mother! I’m sure if Jill had given birth (when younger) to a preemie she would still be in bed having others do her bidding.

And why on earth is Tessie wearing a mother of the bride dress and why is Kayley dressed like Ma Kettle? Your fashion sense is reflected in your children’s clothing too, Jill. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 1

Take a shot of plexus every time he says ummmm. 100 ummms in his little speech. Poor boy can’t string a coherent thought together.

Jill could not even bother to throw Sammy boy a graduation party featuring water and a box of dollar tree snack cakes… what a horrible Mahmo. 

D095D966-C8C5-40D4-9EFE-4E0EA6AD2643.jpeg

• Sad 10
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill could not even bother to throw Sammy boy a graduation party featuring water and a box of dollar tree snack cakes… what a horrible Mahmo. 

Has she posted that he “graduated”?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Has she posted that he “graduated”?

No.

I wonder why no posts about Sammy graduating or what the lord wants him to do with his life.

No post: hi this is Sam Rodrigues and I love my Mahmo and I’m grateful blah blah blah.

• Like 9
28 minutes ago, beckie said:

I wonder who put their foot down about the massive oversharing she does.

I agree. Here are screenshots from her public FB post. Random thoughts:

• She posted at 1:32AM today (Sunday) - I believe that's in my time zone, and that means she posted at 3:32AM Eastern time (her zone). Whichever time it was, why wasn't she sleeping?
  • The paucity of random words in ALL CAPS is rare as hens' teeth in Jill's social media posts. I can't believe she wrote it all by herself. Did someone send her suggested wording for this?
  • She has to be SO butt hurt that she's not in control, and she's doing everything she can to play the longsuffering but cooperative mom while being passive agressive as sh*t and dripping huge hints about BIG NEWS to come from the couple
  • Tim has been choosing Heidi's clothes. She used to wear t-shirts and normal looking things for someone her age. Now she's in a super-baggy frumpy dress that certainly meets the criteria for mawh-desty that Timbits has spouted about on YouTube. I feel sorry for her. She's going from a 19 or 20 year old, straight to middle age. He's a creep. A scary creep.

Screenshots:

JillR1.thumb.jpg.68973093ae588c891f3fcca771f66f23.jpg

Jill2.thumb.jpg.e739fd3dbf06a36cc335c5ec61faf0ba.jpg

Screenshot2023-09-10at7_02_01AM.png.446a5715c29d6c2ac8713056c17da956.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 4
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I agree. Here are screenshots from her public FB post. Random thoughts:

• She posted at 1:32AM today (Sunday) - I believe that's in my time zone, and that means she posted at 3:32AM Eastern time (her zone). Whichever time it was, why wasn't she sleeping?
  • The paucity of random words in ALL CAPS is rare as hens' teeth in Jill's social media posts. I can't believe she wrote it all by herself. Did someone send her suggested wording for this?
  • She has to be SO butt hurt that she's not in control, and she's doing everything she can to play the longsuffering but cooperative mom while being passive agressive as sh*t and dripping huge hints about BIG NEWS to come from the couple
  • Tim has been choosing Heidi's clothes. She used to wear t-shirts and normal looking things for someone her age. Now she's in a super-baggy frumpy dress that certainly meets the criteria for mawh-desty that Timbits has spouted about on YouTube. I feel sorry for her. She's going from a 19 or 20 year old, straight to middle age. He's a creep. A scary creep.

Screenshots:

JillR1.thumb.jpg.68973093ae588c891f3fcca771f66f23.jpg

Jill2.thumb.jpg.e739fd3dbf06a36cc335c5ec61faf0ba.jpg

Screenshot2023-09-10at7_02_01AM.png.446a5715c29d6c2ac8713056c17da956.png

Thanks for getting that. I tried to save it, but couldn't.  

She's definitely butt hurt.

• Like 15
  • LOL 3
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Thankfully, Berlin is a day trip for the Rods. But who held the baby? I can't picture DBD wearing him. 

At one point Kaylee was. She wasn’t on stage the whole time.

28461DDA-25B7-47E1-95AC-7B5557827CDA.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Sad 13
5 minutes ago, beckie said:

Why is Kaylee still performing with the group? 

Maybe Jill believes "A son is a son 'til he takes a wife, but a daughter's a daughter all of her life!" Kaylee is probably thrilled that she's become Jill's "sunshine girl" after a lifetime of being AndKaylee. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

I don’t believe for a second she’s going to respect their wishes. She even says that as of now she will seldom post exclusive news, leaving the door wide open for her to still post whatever she wants. She’s going to pester them constantly to post so she can share it (and make it all about her) and if they don’t post, she’ll just do it anyway. 

Clearly they are or are about to be engaged and said they want to share first. Instead of saying nothing and just letting them share it, she has to post about how she’s NOT going to share their upcoming news. Wink, wink. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 22
2 hours ago, beckie said:

Saw in a fb group, that Jill posted that SHE will no longer be posting updates about Tim and Heidi. Since they have fb pages, they will be doing it themselves,  THEN she will mention it. The reason she gave was so that she's not accused of playing favorites and that it will be less "work" for her.

Yah right. I wonder who put their foot down about the massive oversharing she does.

Then she should also stop posting about Nurie and Kaylee and their families. If they wanted items posted, they’d have FB themselves. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Heidi is a (semi) typical young person with her own set of friends. It makes sense she'll want to announce the engagement, wedding and babies. I hope they'll do their engagement photos without JillR too.

It looks like Heidi might be a 'strong meek' woman who picks her battles and shares her opinions. Go Heidi! 

And lastly, Heidi is the bride - a future DIL, not daughter, so her family will likely have more say than Jill. Yay 😁

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Jill made Nuri sing like 2 weeks after she had her baby. AndKaylee is getting the same treatment, perform for $ for mommy dearest. Jill is never leaving her alone or letting her live her life. AndKaylee and her offspring will be Jill’s trained seals begging for $…

Jonathan grow a pair and tell Jill to leave the Hill family alone.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

You know, I'm so impressed that Jilldo managed to hold off a whole, what, 30-36 hours on spilling stuff about Timbits after she said she wouldn't post about their lives and milestones anymore. It must have been the longest day and a half of her life!

/sooo much sarcasm

No wonder Renee's guy probably fled. 

• Like 18