Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Jill would probably enjoy bringing Nurie, but since Nurie's a nursing mom, she's probably not available. Jill won't stoop to bringing a NotNurie. So, David it is!

Edited by BetyBee
Clarifying which she is which!
  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

We know that Jill severely limits the amount of food her kids eat. I think she will leave what she feels is an adequate amount of food and no extra money so that they can’t pig out (eat normally, in other words) while she is gone. 

Thank god several of the adult kids work!

• Like 4

In my neck of the woods we've referred to older women driving extremely slowly as "blue hairs". I always told my kids I'm going to get a bumper sticker either saying, caution blue haired driver, or I may have blue hair, but I'll still see you at the next red light.

But as @Jeeves pointed out, blue hair has a whole new meaning now.

• LOL 10
On 8/27/2023 at 12:50 PM, satrunrose said:

Strange question/wonder, but what do the Rodlets do for food while Mahmo and DBD are off enjoying the fruits of her Plexass empire? By the time I was old enough for my parents to travel without me, I had a job and it was just me at home so I made do with what food was in the house and my salary. What do the Rods do, though? Do their so-called parents leave cash? A copy of the bank card? Does Timbits pay for everything (no wonder there doesn't seem to be a wedding on the horizon)? Does Jonathan become the financial headship if not, is it Renee or Phillip? 

My Mom took a vacation without us every year (I’m sure it saved her sanity). By the time I was old enough to look after my sister/grandfather alone (after the week day caregiver left), she would usually leave me extra cash if I wanted to order pizza/take my sister out (once I was old enough to drive) and the shopping would be done before hand. 

I am sure one of the older girls prepares food based on what’s in the house when they leave. If she needed something she would ask Tim or Samuel for money. However these two aren’t gone very long- I know in a “typical sized family”, most kids could make it two weeks between grocery trips if they had to, they probably have to shop once a week. 

I think Jill and Dave are awful parents, but kids can survive in the house for a week as teens (who can look after the younger ones). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I have to say Celebrity is a step up as a cruise line. Cruise lines are broken into 3 categories and Celebrity is considered Premium: Mainstream - Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian; Premium - Celebrity, Princess and Holland America; Luxury - Seabourne, Crystal, Silverseas. I wouldn't turn down a Celebrity cruise but then I don't mind traveling with a bunch of other sinful heathens.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2
On 8/27/2023 at 5:20 PM, Zella said:

I'm not going to lie, after the fashion show we got for Nashville, I am beside myself with curiosity abut what her cruise wardrobe will look like. 

but did you notice she suddenly got really " modern" after the convention in nashville?? Hair suddenly straight, new more modern dresses? Even the kids clothes are starting to look different. I think she stuck out like a very sore thumb in nashville..and finally realizes that if she wants to fit in with the plexus ladies..she is going to have to up her game in the fashion department. More mainline conservative and less little house on the prairie...baby steps at least is what I am seeing...lets see if the eye make up follows an upgrade...

Edited by Dimi1
put cruise instead of convention
  • Like 3
  • Useful 8
9 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

I have to say Celebrity is a step up as a cruise line. Cruise lines are broken into 3 categories and Celebrity is considered Premium: Mainstream - Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian; Premium - Celebrity, Princess and Holland America; Luxury - Seabourne, Crystal, Silverseas. I wouldn't turn down a Celebrity cruise but then I don't mind traveling with a bunch of other sinful heathens.

Even the worst rooms on the Celebrity Silhoutte don't look bad. They all have a nice bath and a defined sleeping and a sitting area with a sofa. Jill and David won't have to sit on the bed to pray away the sin around them. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

but did you notice she suddenly got really " modern" after the cruise [Nashville convention]?? Hair suddenly straight, new more modern dresses? Even the kids clothes are starting to look different. I think she stuck out like a very sore thumb in nashville..and finally realizes that if she wants to fit in with the plexus ladies..she is going to have to up her game in the fashion department. More mainline conservative and less little house on the prairie...baby steps at least is what I am seeing...lets see if the eye make up follows an upgrade...

Ooh, you've been paying attention. That's so interesting! It makes sense to me. I agree, the famous too-tight dress (the one shown in her upline's post about the cruise win) is def not a prairie frumper.

I also saw a recent photo on her public FB page, touting how much her life has benefited from Plexus. Naturally it's shot from an awkwardly high angle so her waist/hips/legs look small in relation to her upper body. Her clothes don't scream "performative mah-desty!" She's wearing a normal-looking dress or skirt/blouse, without extra layers peeking out of the neckline. And her hair is, as you said, straight. Here's the screenshot:

Screenshot2023-08-29at10_13_06AM.thumb.png.154344e7381195d0497ee3bf99f4dae4.png

If she ever tones down the raccoon eyes, I'll sort of miss them. 

Edited by Jeeves
added a link to the post on FB
  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
50 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Ooh, you've been paying attention. That's so interesting! It makes sense to me. I agree, the famous too-tight dress (the one shown in her upline's post about the cruise win) is def not a prairie frumper.

I also saw a recent photo on her public FB page, touting how much her life has benefited from Plexus. Naturally it's shot from an awkwardly high angle so her waist/hips/legs look small in relation to her upper body. Her clothes don't scream "performative mah-desty!" She's wearing a normal-looking dress or skirt/blouse, without extra layers peeking out of the neckline. And her hair is, as you said, straight. Here's the screenshot:

Screenshot2023-08-29at10_13_06AM.thumb.png.154344e7381195d0497ee3bf99f4dae4.png

If she ever tones down the raccoon eyes, I'll sort of miss them. 

“Gut health” is such a gross term. And that picture is still not particularly flattering. 

ETA- she was sure the products she was purchasing wouldn’t make much of a difference, yet she still chose to purchase a “cart full” of expensive products when she was struggling with over a dozen young kids? 🤦‍♀️

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 12
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

Jill may be buying better clothes for herself, but the younger girls will still be in multiple modesty layers with shoes that don't fit and are wrong for the weather and activity. 

13 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I don’t think Jill will ever tone down the huge amount of make up she wears. 

She thinks the heavy eye makeup draws attention to her big eyes. In some respects, it does, just not positive attention. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

So, I've been thinking for a minute about how the Plexus convention might have changed Jill's mind about her clothing choices.

As we see from her social media, she spends time only with her family and with other people in the IFB world, in which females must be modestly dressed. From what I've seen on her SM posts, the women she encounters in those IFB churches and at her retreats, dress modestly and not very fashionably. TBH, generally they look more frumpy than fashionable, and as someone who's aged into a comfortable level of frumpery myself, I'm not saying that to be cruel or nasty about those women. 

I think that Jill sees herself as being a standout among women in her IFB world: modestly dressed and also bringing an aura of glamour and style and beauty and special-ness. IMO she sees herself as not only head and shoulders above all those other IFB women as to looks, but as an expert on fashion and beauty. Hey, she's a trained cosmetologist! 

We've seen how she reacts strongly, with scathing social media posts, to "immodest" heathen women that she encounters out in the world - at Walmart, the beach, restaurants, tourist attractions. She's been known to blast them so hard for their egregious sins of seductively showing skin, that her posts reek to me of "protesting too much." And I'm sure she's denied to herself that she noticed how David looked at some of those hussies, LOL.

So then she goes off to Nashville, all ready to cosplay what she thinks is the "theme" with her silly "cowgirl" hat and the boots and the outfits, plus the hats and sad home-decorated Tshirts for her downline team. As @Dimi1 said, I think she stuck out like a sore thumb at the convention and couldn't keep convincing herself that she was just more gawdly and modest than those heathens. Those "heathens" are in her Plexus club and she aspires to their levels of success. I also wonder if she had some feedback from her downline group who didn't love Jill's idea of how her team should be dressed. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

So, I've been thinking for a minute about how the Plexus convention might have changed Jill's mind about her clothing choices.

As we see from her social media, she spends time only with her family and with other people in the IFB world, in which females must be modestly dressed. From what I've seen on her SM posts, the women she encounters in those IFB churches and at her retreats, dress modestly and not very fashionably. TBH, generally they look more frumpy than fashionable, and as someone who's aged into a comfortable level of frumpery myself, I'm not saying that to be cruel or nasty about those women. 

I think that Jill sees herself as being a standout among women in her IFB world: modestly dressed and also bringing an aura of glamour and style and beauty and special-ness. IMO she sees herself as not only head and shoulders above all those other IFB women as to looks, but as an expert on fashion and beauty. Hey, she's a trained cosmetologist! 

We've seen how she reacts strongly, with scathing social media posts, to "immodest" heathen women that she encounters out in the world - at Walmart, the beach, restaurants, tourist attractions. She's been known to blast them so hard for their egregious sins of seductively showing skin, that her posts reek to me of "protesting too much." And I'm sure she's denied to herself that she noticed how David looked at some of those hussies, LOL.

So then she goes off to Nashville, all ready to cosplay what she thinks is the "theme" with her silly "cowgirl" hat and the boots and the outfits, plus the hats and sad home-decorated Tshirts for her downline team. As @Dimi1 said, I think she stuck out like a sore thumb at the convention and couldn't keep convincing herself that she was just more gawdly and modest than those heathens. Those "heathens" are in her Plexus club and she aspires to their levels of success. I also wonder if she had some feedback from her downline group who didn't love Jill's idea of how her team should be dressed. 

yep....she will sacrifice or at least change things for the $$$$ of network marketing....and like I said...some of the girls have been seen in regular plain old t- shirts with regular sleeve length....

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill may be buying better clothes for herself, but the younger girls will still be in multiple modesty layers with shoes that don't fit and are wrong for the weather and activity.

I have noticed in a few pictures the little girls had on a normal tee shirt, no modesty layer. Those pics have been at the barndo only.

The recent picture when they had company showed not only that the stools around their island are disgustingly filthy, but also showed the bottoms of Sofia's sneakers which had multiple places where the soles were nearly worn through.☹️

• Like 2
  • Sad 13
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I have noticed in a few pictures the little girls had on a normal tee shirt, no modesty layer. Those pics have been at the barndo only.

The recent picture when they had company showed not only that the stools around their island are disgustingly filthy, but also showed the bottoms of Sofia's sneakers which had multiple places where the soles were nearly worn through.☹️

And Jill had how many pieces of new clothes/boots for Nashville? Even if they were all second hand, they were still "new". No worn out shoes for Jilly. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5
  • Sad 8
8 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

but did you notice she suddenly got really " modern" after the convention in nashville?? Hair suddenly straight, new more modern dresses? Even the kids clothes are starting to look different. I think she stuck out like a very sore thumb in nashville..and finally realizes that if she wants to fit in with the plexus ladies..she is going to have to up her game in the fashion department. More mainline conservative and less little house on the prairie...baby steps at least is what I am seeing...lets see if the eye make up follows an upgrade...

That's a very interesting observation and makes a lot of sense! If so, it's a win for her poor children, but a loss for snarkers everywhere. 

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

I wonder how many of her siblings wore those shoes before her?  I wore hand-me-downs (two older sisters), but not when they were worn out.

• Like 6

Heidi's mom has an 18 minute plexus sales pitch on her fb.

Hey y'all just let her know your health issues and she can make up a cart for you and all you have to do is pay. 😂 She claims to also be able to see other people with obvious health issues and knows which plexus products would help them.

Both she and her husband are on plexus.

On being to expensive - you have to look at where you can cut things you spend money on and choose to buy plexus because your kids and spouse deserve you being healthy.

Interested in selling Plexus?? She and her upline (Jill) will do a 3 way video call so you can hear all the benefits of selling.

They are having a special right now but she can't remember what it is.🙄

• LOL 20
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Heidi's mom has an 18 minute plexus sales pitch on her fb.

Hey y'all just let her know your health issues and she can make up a cart for you and all you have to do is pay. 😂 She claims to also be able to see other people with obvious health issues and knows which plexus products would help them.

Both she and her husband are on plexus.

On being to expensive - you have to look at where you can cut things you spend money on and choose to buy plexus because your kids and spouse deserve you being healthy.

Interested in selling Plexus?? She and her upline (Jill) will do a 3 way video call so you can hear all the benefits of selling.

They are having a special right now but she can't remember what it is.🙄

Someone needs to report this to FB for making false medical claims.

• Like 14
2 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Someone needs to report this to FB for making false medical claims.

Done. I also report all of Jill's posts 

New post up on FB of the younger girls playing "church." Eight year old Sofia is the preacher, and her sermon is all about sin. She's much too young for the "message." 

• Like 6
  • Sad 14
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

New post up on FB of the younger girls playing "church." Eight year old Sofia is the preacher, and her sermon is all about sin. She's much too young for the "message." 

Poor kids!  If they want to do religion they should be singing "Jesus loves me" and "Jesus loves the little children."  When I went to VBS when young I remember coloring in a Biblical coloring book, not doing sermons on sin.

• Like 24
9 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Actual toys shown in the video. Hmmmmm Prior to this there was a chest in the far corner of the living room. Now there are toys out and being used. 

Forgot to add the screenshot from the video:

148319D8-45A4-40C1-83E8-E7A36959F135.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Actual toys shown in the video. Hmmmmm Prior to this there was a chest in the far corner of the living room. Now there are toys out and being used. 

Forgot to add the screenshot from the video:

148319D8-45A4-40C1-83E8-E7A36959F135.jpeg

Her recliner? So she and Shrek sit around and recline while the Rodlets play. They were probably scared to touch any of JillR’s décor beforehand. And this “grow up too fast” must be the Fundie message right now, or Jill is copying Carlin Bates.

• Like 10

How old is that addition? At least 2, if not 3, grandchildren and one injured knee ago. Oh wait, Jill injured her knee maybe a day or so before Nemo was born, so the room is likely 2 years old.

I'm guessing JillR took a picture from when they unpacked from their trip and hadn't put the toys away yet.

I wonder if they stole the dollhouse from the ABnB? I can see them calling saying one of the sons accidently packed it, hoping the host would say, oh just keep it.

• Like 8

I noticed the dollhouse below the map in quite a few videos well before the abnb. Someone on the grift tour must have gifted it to them at some point.

I have never seen a video that included any child actually playing with it though.

I suspect maybe hardworking hubby has his new office space in the print shop with a recliner and a map, so he is no longer napping and map watching in the "new addition" where his own children might play and disturb him.

• Like 11
6 hours ago, ozziemom said:

And this “grow up too fast” must be the Fundie message right now, or Jill is copying Carlin Bates.

I don't remember her saying that while she was still having kids; it's must be the "(likely) post-fertile season of life" message.

• Like 6
24 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I don't remember her saying that while she was still having kids; it's must be the "(likely) post-fertile season of life" message.

I agree. Before she always had a baby and a kid at every stage of childhood. In the last 5 years she went from a full house, including a newborn, to 'losing' a son (sort of), two daughters and her 'baby' is 5.

Sucks for Jill to be Jill now. Churches are sick of them, decreasing numbers of grifting sympathy children on tour, her stage hands are aging out and she has no baby for folks to fawn over. Soon enough she'll be left with 4 or 5 preteens and teens at home. Not that different than the average Fundy family giving them money now.

In the next 5 to 10 years God will tell them to sell their home, buy a new RV and move to Nurie's backyard.

• Like 13
  • Mind Blown 2
43 minutes ago, Fosca said:

It is for Jill. Carlin Bates is also using that phrasing, and she still plans on having more kids.

• Sad 4

For someone who just recently whined about how packing is part of her "job", one would think she would have all the packing things anyone needs. Well except maybe suitcases. Now Jill will need new suitcases to put her new packing cubes in.

• Like 12

I found some "packing cubes" at TJ Maxx a while back for $7.99.  And I didn't have to sell $4,586.25 worth of vile pink sludge to get them.

Honestly, why is Jill even going on this cruise? (I know the answer - for social media content, Plexus status and perhaps an impromptu solo warbling concert from atop the Lido Deck).  But she's going to either be confined to her cabin in order to keep Hunk's eyes from straying, or she's going to be roaming around with the great unwashed, judging every single one of them for daring to wear a bathing suit, or shorts, or tank tops without a modesty shirt, etc.  She's definitely NOT going to have fun...unless being holier-than-thou is her definition of fun.

Hopefully Jonathan will be able to Door Dash some food to the Rodlets while Mahmo and Big Daddy are dipping first at the breakfast buffet.

Just now, ginger90 said:

From a video Jill posted of her dark and “decorated” bedroom.

2C79D257-D0E6-41DD-85A5-8EF6F06A6947.jpeg

I sadly watched the video this morning.  What a bunch of clutter.  Just because there's an empty square foot of space does not mean it needs something on it.  

For someone so modest, I find it interesting that she's showing us her and Dave's "haven."  Yuck.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 7

Jill is so sly not showing the other wall with the thomas kinkade tv and the pic of Hunk standing behind JB's head.

She does show that their room does have a portable ac unit vented directly through the wall. Another fine example of Hunk or Samuel's expertise on all things home improvement. 😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 11

According to Reddit, winners of the cruise have the option to choose cash instead of the cruise. What are the odds Jill would ever choose the cash instead to spend on her kids? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 1
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

@crazy8s did you happen to watch her most recent minute with Jill? It was based on, vengeance is the Lord’s. It was so hypocritical imo. Just wondering if you saw it because you do a better job than I could describing it. 😁

I have not watched yet - some days her rants are just not worth the time or brain space. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
12 minutes ago, AstridM said:

According to Reddit, winners of the cruise have the option to choose cash instead of the cruise. What are the odds Jill would ever choose the cash instead to spend on her kids? 🤣🤣🤣

I saw a screenshot of the Plexus cruise FAQ  - I thought it was here but maybe elsewhere? IIRC it wasn't an option to chose $500 instead of the cruise. It was something like if you couldn't get a room because they were overbooked, you could be paid $500.  

ETA: Found it. Here's a screenshot, the $500 is in the final section:

Screenshot2023-08-31at7_53_17AM.png.1d313327242bf11832299b6818005ce2.png

Edited by Jeeves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 8

So JillR throws the eleventy billion pillows on the floor each night and then puts them back on the bed each morning? Like why? The pillows laying on a bed she's rarely in, bring her that much joy?

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
Just now, GeeGolly said:

So JillR throws the eleventy billion pillows on the floor each night and then puts them back on the bed each morning? Like why? The pillows laying on a bed she's rarely in, bring her that much joy?

Jill has a staff to do that kind of work. Her job is to enjoy her highly decorated space. 

• Sad 13
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I have 6 decorative pillows on my bed so I can't snark too much, though two of those are full size pillows in shams that match the quilt. 

• Like 6