Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

The prizes were $1 or what Jill has no use for. 

27D82B83-25C1-43F6-8B72-CFA659748F34.jpeg

Looking forward to dinner ? Wanting a trip to Hawaii ? Praying that David gets employment ?

3FB4D9FE-477B-4604-9D14-8E21404D1623.jpeg

"I and my team".  The person who homeschools her kids can't even write correctly! Oh dear Lord that makes my teacher brain hurt. Those poor kids!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 16
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, smallfry said:

"I and my team".  The person who homeschools her kids can't even write correctly! Oh dear Lord that makes my teacher brain hurt. Those poor kids!!

It's correct in Jill's book, no doubt.

Isn't the formula, first God, second, your headship - and they are not part of the sentence, so who else could come next? Surely a little grammar won't stand in the way of Jill's having her proper place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, smallfry said:

7 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It's correct in Jill's book, no doubt.

Isn't the formula, first God, second, your headship - and they are not part of the sentence, so who else could come next? Surely a little grammar won't stand in the way of Jill's having her proper place.

OK, but there's nothing ungrammatical about "I and my team." Putting I second is just a convention...borne out of politeness, I think. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

WTF does that even mean? It’s probably a dig at environmentalists.

I think she's trying to imply that Plexus cures diabetes.  That pesky old FDA won't let her say stuff like that, so she has to try to be clever about it.  They cannot complain about turtles having better blood sugar levels, because of Plexus pee in the water can they?

1 hour ago, Portia said:

OK, but there's nothing ungrammatical about "I and my team." Putting I second is just a convention...borne out of politeness, I think. 

It's not really ungrammatical but it sounds awkward.  And, yes, it seems just a bit like Jill is using the 'royal we' when she puts herself first.  We are not amused.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Travis Clark and family will be singing at a Baptist church in Wooster, Ohio, tonight and tomorrow night.

What are the odds Jill R is frantically trying to be part of the line up? I’m sure she considers the Bates dear, sweet friends, even after they iced the Rods out of their weddings. 

• LOL 6
8 minutes ago, SMama said:

Travis Clark and family will be singing at a Baptist church in Wooster, Ohio, tonight and tomorrow night.

What are the odds Jill R is frantically trying to be part of the line up? I’m sure she considers the Bates dear, sweet friends, even after they iced the Rods out of their weddings. 

Jill will be there with bells on. She lives to hobnob with Duggars, Bateses, and adjacents. It doesn't matter that they've all shunned her. She still has that picture of Jim Bob hanging in her house.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 8
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill will be there with bells on. She lives to hobnob with Duggars, Bateses, and adjacents. It doesn't matter that they've all shunned her. She still has that picture of Jim Bob hanging in her house.

Is the Jim Bob picture in the bathroom?

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
51 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

And afterward, she’ll not-so-subtly diss them on SM for not being dogly enough.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5

Just wanna say, at least Pa N, or maybe a visiting nurse, noticed a change in Ma N. At least Pa is seeking medical advice/treatment to see what's going on with Ma.

I say this because of Carlin Bates and her idiotic way of trying to manage her own medical issue.

• Like 3
  • Love 13

Saw a video from the church the Rods were at last week has weepy Jill yammering on about Jill (and Kaylee and Jonathan). According to Jill, they are "in the process of buying a house about 5 miles from us" and Kaylee "will obviously not be traveling with us any more"

It is making jilly so sad the october performances will be their last with Kaylee...she is also sad she has all these children that are now just leaving one by one..... so far only 1 has left jill. geez.

and hey did any of you all know Jonathan's family also has 13 children, 9 boys and 4 girls, so just the opposite of the rods??? 😂

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 8
10 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Saw a video from the church the Rods were at last week has weepy Jill yammering on about Jill (and Kaylee and Jonathan). According to Jill, they are "in the process of buying a house about 5 miles from us" and Kaylee "will obviously not be traveling with us any more"

It is making jilly so sad the october performances will be their last with Kaylee...she is also sad she has all these children that are now just leaving one by one..... so far only 1 has left jill. geez.

and hey did any of you all know Jonathan's family also has 13 children, 9 boys and 4 girls, so just the opposite of the rods??? 😂

Jill is sad, in so many ways.

Was that the same video she just happened to mention their generator in the RV is not working? 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Jill’s brain:

need more free $$$$ now! How do I get it??? Ohhhh let’s use ma and mah busted RV! 

Gee Jill you got so much free stimulus $$$ you could have fixed up your RV not built an upstairs attic haha.

At least Jill didn’t mention Amy or ma’s broken brain…

Jill and Dave get jobs you lazy grifters! 

• Like 6
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Was that the same video she just happened to mention their generator in the RV is not working? 

not sure - the sound quality was not good and it was hard to hear.

I can only listen in small limited doses of Jill talking about Jill. 

• Like 4

Kaylee wedding is 11/5/22. Jill is ready for all her presents!

19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Uneducated Jonathan has been working at a mystery job for a few months and already has enough money to buy a house? 

How cheap is real estate ? Around here a shack is a million bucks. Maybe Jonathan’s parents will give him the down payment? 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

According to Jill, they are "in the process of buying a house about 5 miles from us" and Kaylee "will obviously not be traveling with us any more"

Why not?   Jonathan has already bought into the grift-a-thon and seems to go on outings.   I mean there's at least a COUPLE months before Kaylee is too pregnant to be dragging around.

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
19 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Uneducated Jonathan has been working at a mystery job for a few months and already has enough money to buy a house? 

I'm not knocking trailers. There are 14 trailer parks in Wooster. Maybe they're buying a trailer or maybe a house.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Why not?   Jonathan has already bought into the grift-a-thon and seems to go on outings.   I mean there's at least a COUPLE months before Kaylee is too pregnant to be dragging around.

Jill made Nurie sing a few days after giving birth to Nemo! Kaylee will be singing with mama FOREVER.

There is no cutting the umbilical cord with Jill.

• Sad 10
  • Applause 1
15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm not knocking trailers. There are 14 trailer parks in Wooster. Maybe they're buying a trailer or maybe a house.

Maybe something that the remodeling experts at Rodrigues and Sons, Inc. can swoop in and rewire and replumb. Oh, and Jill can decorate. It will look a lot like Jonathan's basement apartment but slightly bigger. 

At least Kaylee will be five miles away from BME and off the stink-van tour schedule, although I'll believe that when I see it. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe, but did Jill say “house?” I can’t listen to any of her screeching nonsense. 

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

By whom? 

The folks who live in them. Come on over to my house for coffee. I'm having a BBQ at my house. My house is on Trailer Rd.

Some say trailer, some say home, some say house and many use all three.

• Like 15
  • Love 4
Just now, GeeGolly said:

The folks who live in them. Come on over to my house for coffee. I'm having a BBQ at my house. My house is on Trailer Rd.

Some say trailer, some say home, some say house and many use all three.

I get that, but if Jill said Jonathan is planning on buying a house, I don’t think “trailer.” But you’re probably right!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I get that, but if Jill said Jonathan is planning on buying a house, I don’t think “trailer.” But you’re probably right!

Jill has a history of picking the wrong descriptors. This is likely one of those times when she stretches a truth to make herself sound better.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

This is Jill we're talking about. A vegetable garden has two ears of corn and a tomato plant, a patio garden has rocks, broken tchotchkes and a swing and a house is an old barn/workshop with one source of heat. So yea, ya know. 😁

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

There will be a time when the Rodrigues Family singers consist of Jill, an unmarried, unemployed son or two, and a few not-young daughters with little musical training. Jill probably assumes people will show up just to hear her screech and ring cowbells. I think the grifting potential for that is low.

Maybe dragging a big-pregnant daughter along will help fill the coffers. Even Jill, the Master Grifter and notorious Non-Planner, has to be thinking about how to keep the circus going when the main acts outgrow their roles. 

Speaking of grifting, how is Jill paying for Kaylee's wedding? Jill, at least, will need a new ensemble, and the bridal party will have to match well enough to look good in the photos. I think there would be pleas for money by now, but Jill used up her social capital with Ma's Gofundme and Jill and DBD's much-needed vacations. Jonathan and his family? 

• Like 3
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill has a history of picking the wrong descriptors. This is likely one of those times when she stretches a truth to make herself sound better.

Yes, I feel like she’s being deliberately disingenuous.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yeah, the generator isn’t working, so they have no a/c in the RV unless they’re driving.  Can you imagine 13 people trying to sleep with no a/c in that packed-to-the-gills pressure cooker?!?  She also said that the RV was leaking oil, and it had sprayed oil all over the car that they were towing behind the RV.  And of course Jill had to tell the audience that her Babe is one in a million. 🙄 In one of her FB posts, she was thanking that church for taking such good care of the Rods.  I wonder which poor suckers bought them a new generator and fixed the oil leak in the RV?

• Like 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Had to share this in both threads. This is what Josie Bates Balka chose to wear to a football game.

image.png.e4b6bf715e409eb1d1b6ea4ed06ab0c5.png

Apparently her new headship is not concerned with neck to knee modesty. I wonder how Gil feels when he sees how far his married daughters have strayed?

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 4
32 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Apparently her new headship is not concerned with neck to knee modesty. I wonder how Gil feels when he sees how far his married daughters have strayed?

I've been wondering that myself.  What does Gil think about the consumerism that has taken over some of his kids?  Travis has a Tesla-- Evan and now Zack want one as well.  Carlin keeps the Amazon delivery people very busy.  And on top of that, Mama Kelly seems to love modeling clothes for the internet viewers~

• Like 2
  • Useful 1