Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

On 8/16/2022 at 2:42 PM, oliviabenson said:

DB1FF7D1-085F-47F3-A633-045C82E35820.jpeg

F6B6F0C2-597D-49D2-973E-DCCD8B26E161.jpeg

This is when I noticed how many kids heavily resemble David.

The boys look like undertakers in training, with the girls in white resembling pale Victorian brides on their way to an early grave from consumption.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:20 PM, farmgal4 said:

According to Jill’s FB post, they’re on their way to Florida.

Mama? Poor Jill’s gravely ill Mama doesn’t need her hair and nails done?

2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

🙄

D9CB0B05-FE31-476F-90ED-D44E986EDE08.jpeg

So, in other words, the three day Plexus cleanse gives you a SEVERE stomach bug? That’s the only way most of us lose that much weight that quickly.

• Like 7
  • LOL 6
7 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

So she was living in New York, had a baby and a husband that had a job.  Why was it such a lonely time?  Sounds pretty normal to me.  So much drama.

Because husband was leaving each day instead of paying attention to her.    When she went out everyone noticed the baby not her.   She was lonely because she wasn't the center of the universe.   

Good job when your son-in-law is the preacher.   No one can tell you no when you want to caterwaul to the congregation.   Wonder how much time he spent apologizing to his flock after Jill left.

• Like 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Heathen said:

Nathan is less homely when he's not looking at the camera. I hope he's a good preacher -- he's got a wife, two kids, and a family full of in-laws to feed. 

I would never get excited over him being a pastor as pastors seem a dime a dozen in this cult. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
On 8/16/2022 at 10:39 PM, awaken said:

It never, ever gets old!  

THIS!!

I remember it originally being posted (and immediately skewered), but seeing it in print again had me tearing up in stifled laughter, trying not to wake up my grandson who is napping on my lap.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

The good news is that Nathan is still at his job at his church in Florida. Nurthan are not selling their home so they can move to Ohio it seems. Nurie is still in the cult, but she's not under Jill's daily supervision. It must be nice not to have to flash a toothy grin on command at random times of the day or night. 

• Like 6
  • Love 5
On 8/3/2022 at 11:02 AM, Notabug said:

@Notabug  

The swimsuits on the website are absolutely beautiful!  The fabrics are colorful without being too over the top, and the head coverings are lovely , too.

I have bought swimwear from Lands’ End, and I’m sure that Jill and her girls could find nice things there.  My main concern, just like many of us here, is sunburned skin.  I come from a family of mostly redheads(I’m the only brunette) so I cover up with the long sleeved rash guard and a pair of capris with attached short skiers.  Works for me!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

🙄

D9CB0B05-FE31-476F-90ED-D44E986EDE08.jpeg

I think you mean “well,” not “good,” Jill. And I’ve lost 7 pounds in a week many, many times during my lifetime. I just didn’t  eat much. And it cost me nothing. Most people lose quickly at first. Some of it is simply water weight. It’s the subsequent weeks when it gets much more difficult to lose. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 4
  • Love 15
33 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

It's quite ironic she paid this much to not eat on purpose while not feeding her children actual food. 

I’m sure she lied about actually using Plexus to lose the weight. Because Plexus doesn’t work.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 8/16/2022 at 9:09 AM, libgirl2 said:

20 years from now, Kaylee will be trying to convince herself and everyone how  much she loves her "hunk" and hunk will be watching a map. 

This is depressing. 

• Sad 9
  • Useful 1

The Sun also claims that Anna is hiding in shame and now lives in a 'warehouse' on JB property. It's the same warehouse she's lived in since she and FF sold their old home, so I doubt they have anymore actual information than we do.

Edited by Nysha
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It was just a guess. I do wonder if that is the case or if she is hiding or people don't want her around. 

If so, she’s been there for about 6 weeks? I can’t keep track. 

12 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

It was just a guess. I do wonder if that is the case or if she is hiding or people don't want her around. 

My guess is that Anna is likely attending family events but that she and the family are careful not to post photos of her online as that will only draw the crazies out to either complain that Anna is not appropriately mourning the loss of her husband to prison or that her friends and family are evil for not shunning her.  

This family has lived and died by social media for more than a decade; Anna and the rest of them know that her image in a post is poison right now.  She may well have attended the shower and asked those attending to not post any photos of her publicly.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 7
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

My guess is that Anna is likely attending family events but that she and the family are careful not to post photos of her online as that will only draw the crazies out to either complain that Anna is not appropriately mourning the loss of her husband to prison or that her friends and family are evil for not shunning her.  

This family has lived and died by social media for more than a decade; Anna and the rest of them know that her image in a post is poison right now.  She may well have attended the shower and asked those attending to not post any photos of her publicly.

Taking my response to the Josh and Anna thread.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

First day of school for Phillip Rodrigues is, August 31st. Will there be a photo shoot, will there be a plea for gas money, books, etc.?

Well, he could have spent the entire month of August working and saving money, but he didn't. There was that SEVERELY important family reunion and singing gig he had to attend. 

These people are together more often than not; even Nurie and family are available for several long visits a year. If Phillip were my kid and we were as poor as the Rods, I would have suggested he continue to work and save for school. Jill and David expect money simply to appear as they need it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
9 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill and David expect money simply to appear as they need it. 

Seems to work so far.   Even the GoFund while not raising as much as expected still got SOMETHING.   I mean they could afford two vacations this month ALONE.   

• Sad 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

These people are together more often than not; even Nurie and family are available for several long visits a year. If Phillip were my kid and we were as poor as the Rods, I would have suggested he continue to work and save for school. Jill and David expect money simply to appear as they need it. 

And bizarrely it does seem to appear for them. The stimulus money and child tax credits were certainly a big influx for the rods. Even with multiple grifts going at the same time, they still seem able to guilt/con/bully people into giving them cash, food, vehicles, money for the boys schoolin,  etc.

I also think they had some cash from the W.V. house sale. tax records for the barndo show statement for taxes was sent to the lender so they have a mortgage.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

And bizarrely it does seem to appear for them. The stimulus money and child tax credits were certainly a big influx for the rods. Even with multiple grifts going at the same time, they still seem able to guilt/con/bully people into giving them cash, food, vehicles, money for the boys schoolin,  etc.

I also think they had some cash from the W.V. house sale. tax records for the barndo show statement for taxes was sent to the lender so they have a mortgage.

How the hell are these grifters paying a mortgage?   If they have a mortgage, they are required to have insurance.   Which I am sure pisses them off as being more gubmint intrusion.    Which is also a cost (althrough probably part of the monthly mortgage payment, we just paid off our house just before the next year's payment came due, so we had to buy our own but we had that money we had been paying all year back).   

Oh wait, tim's landscaping business.   That huge business that was doing so well was paying the mortgage while he lived in an rv in the back yard.   Jokes on them.   He sold the business.   No more mortgage money.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Could Tim have sold his business to Jonathan, and Phillip is working for Jonathan part-time?  I remember Jill said Jonathan was Phillip’s boss, but I don’t remember if we ever learned where Jonathan was working.

• Useful 3
2 minutes ago, EVS said:

Could Tim have sold his business to Jonathan, and Phillip is working for Jonathan part-time?  I remember Jill said Jonathan was Phillip’s boss, but I don’t remember if we ever learned where Jonathan was working.

I doubt it. Where would Jonathan have gotten several thousand dollars to buy it? He’s living in a shabby basement room. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I doubt it. Where would Jonathan have gotten a several thousand dollars to buy it? He’s living in a shabby basement room. 

That’s a good point, lol. 

39 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Oh wait, tim's landscaping business.   That huge business that was doing so well was paying the mortgage while he lived in an rv in the back yard.   Jokes on them.   He sold the business.   No more mortgage money.

Tim wouldn't think of selling his business without Mahmo's approval. He doesn't do anything without her blessing. Maybe she told him to go ahead and get rid of it and then tripled the rent she was charging him to live in the RV. 

• LOL 2

Tim is still trying to make good on Jill's boasts of his Missionary Aviation career so he can't be spending years on lawn service work. Sadly, Phillip will be done with school after a semester and can work full time and travel.  I predict Samuel will have it placed on his heart to stay near mama after he graduates next year and work to save money "before taking on the burden" of a wife. Jonathan will probably be his boss as well.

as for the mortgage - I assume on the county treasurer page for taxes paid when it says Lender with a reciept #, it means a mortgage co paid the taxes owed.

• Sad 2
  • Love 3

Jill…….

I want to wish my Daddy a VERY happy 71st birthday!  He told me before he blew out the candle at the Olive Garden, that his "wish" (prayer) was for Ma to get better.  🥰Four of the children and I went to stay with my Dad in Columbus for a few days to support him and my dear Mom at the Rehab Hospital.  Ma is doing great at therapy (like the regular pro she is), yet she still has a LOT of confusion and she is still quite weak.  We watch in great anticipation for the "baby" steps of mental improvement and rejoice with each victory.  😊  Many tears are shed during this process, yet much love is given.  We are blessed to watch God do miraculous things.  ❤

A HUGE thank you to the Webbs for housing my Dad all of these weeks and our family when visiting.  We love and appreciate you guys!  ❤️ 

With Timothy Noyes

1E9D4CEE-6A13-4763-AC65-4832EEF0922E.jpeg

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill…….

I want to wish my Daddy a VERY happy 71st birthday!  He told me before he blew out the candle at the Olive Garden, that his "wish" (prayer) was for Ma to get better.  🥰Four of the children and I went to stay with my Dad in Columbus for a few days to support him and my dear Mom at the Rehab Hospital.  Ma is doing great at therapy (like the regular pro she is), yet she still has a LOT of confusion and she is still quite weak.  We watch in great anticipation for the "baby" steps of mental improvement and rejoice with each victory.  😊  Many tears are shed during this process, yet much love is given.  We are blessed to watch God do miraculous things.  ❤

A HUGE thank you to the Webbs for housing my Dad all of these weeks and our family when visiting.  We love and appreciate you guys!  ❤️ 

With Timothy Noyes

1E9D4CEE-6A13-4763-AC65-4832EEF0922E.jpeg

Why did she capitalize “rehab hospital?” 😆

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Pretty sure that nice family only wanted to help out one old man, not have the Rods descend on them for freebies.

So glad they got to go out Olive Garden for dinner.   These folks needed something nice after all their hard work lately.

I see rehab actually enforces the rules about visitors.   Now let's see what they do about Jill and her removing her mask for selfies.    Notice her ma is barely even in the picture?  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Pretty sure that nice family only wanted to help out one old man, not have the Rods descend on them for freebies.

So glad they got to go out Olive Garden for dinner.   These folks needed something nice after all their hard work lately.

I see rehab actually enforces the rules about visitors.   Now let's see what they do about Jill and her removing her mask for selfies.    Notice her ma is barely even in the picture?  

Jill posted a few pics with her ma. I chose to only post 1 pic of Jill.

• Like 2
Just now, ginger90 said:

Good, I hope it goes through. I’m curious where they’re moving, or have moved.

I've seen some Google earth shots of Nathan's church and surrounding properties that the church evidently owns. There are some buildings on those properties, possibly a fixer upper house for Nurthan. 

• Useful 6
19 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I've seen some Google earth shots of Nathan's church and surrounding properties that the church evidently owns. There are some buildings on those properties, possibly a fixer upper house for Nurthan. 

Hopefully with no room to park an RV, and with the caveat the house is just for Nurthan and kids.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3