Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Recent post by Jill:

Today my heart has been VERY heavy.  😢😥  I have shed many tears and I am not sure what the future holds.  My Daddy continues to be in a lot of pain and the hard lump they found is being tested to determine what it is.  😕  My Mom has had a bad day with more slurred wording and confusion and fatigue.  They did another CT Scan to make sure her veins are not spasing in her brain again.  We are on our way to see them.....along with Nathan, Nurie and Nehemiah.  Please continue to keep my parents in your prayers.  They are truly walking through a DEEP valley and yet, my Daddy remains strong and unwavering in his faith.  I am SO blessed to have been raised in the BEST home in the world and I love my parents MORE than words could ever describe!  ❤️ Please continue to keep them in your prayers!  😩💙  *Below is a video from my Dad, thanking everyone for your prayers and gifts given!  They mean SO much to us all!  THANK YOU!  😊

If you would like to give to help my parents during this difficult time, please feel free to click on this link to give.....

Edited by ginger90
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Recent post by Jill:

Today my heart has been VERY heavy.  😢😥  I have shed many tears and I am not sure what the future holds.  My Daddy continues to be in a lot of pain and the hard lump they found is being tested to determine what it is.  😕  My Mom has had a bad day with more slurred wording and confusion and fatigue.  They did another CT Scan to make sure her veins are not spasing in her brain again.  We are on our way to see them.....along with Nathan, Nurie and Nehemiah.  Please continue to keep my parents in your prayers.  They are truly walking through a DEEP valley and yet, my Daddy remains strong and unwavering in his faith.  I am SO blessed to have been raised in the BEST home in the world and I love my parents MORE than words could ever describe!  ❤️ Please continue to keep them in your prayers!  😩💙  *Below is a video from my Dad, thanking everyone for your prayers and gifts given!  They mean SO much to us all!  THANK YOU!  😊

If you would like to give to help my parents during this difficult time, please feel free to click on this link to give.....

That’s a lot of words to say “we’re running out of money, so vacation over. But send my parents us some more!”

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

There were like 16 people in that RV 😳

E813B0CD-34A0-442C-8F2F-C98EC515704A.jpeg

1FE46830-C153-4A01-82DE-44A7BC378424.jpeg

80478E2C-A397-4628-9110-A9CD21192323.jpeg

43720294-C0B8-48C8-B1A5-6C76AEF11E19.jpeg

Well, sh&t. BME got to Nurie’s eyebrows again. Hideous.

45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Recent post by Jill:

What is “spasing”? No idea what a “spasing vein” would be.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

People noticed Jill didn’t mention Ma turtleneck ONCE while on her SEVERELY deserving VACATION kayaking in a SWAMP and eating in a RESTAURANT. 

🙄🤣 so Jill who reads here DECIDES to POST an update on her now BOTH sick PARENTS. How convenient…

OFF to NOT donate to her fund…

• Like 11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I'm out of sympathy for Jill.  It's hard, but this is what happens as our parents and all the rest of us age.  Health problems develop.  As one of my doctors said not a one of us is leaving this earth alive.  She needs to quit trying to make it a money-making proposition and begin preparing herself.  Life is hard when done right a lot of the time.  Care of aging parents isn't easy either. 

I will bet $ that Jill will NOT be physically caring for her aging parents. She will drop by once in a while to sing and eat their food but provide actual help? Nah. And she will not send her 13 kids either. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I will bet $ that Jill will NOT be physically caring for her aging parents. She will drop by once in a while to sing and eat their food but provide actual help? Nah. And she will not send her 13 kids either. 

That's easy since Tim and Pat live on Amy's property in WV. Lisa lives in Ohio, but I am not sure where Angie lives. This may fall on her.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

When I took a life saving class, we had to go into the pool fully clothed, and take our clothes off in the deep water.  So you knew you could get wet clothes off in an accident so you wouldn't drown.  As in, don't wear street clothes in the water ON PURPOSE.  It is dangerous.  Another day we had to tread water for 5 minutes with our hands out of the water.  However, we were in a pool and not a swamp with filthy water and who knows what in the water with you.  I actually enjoyed that live saving class.

• Like 7
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

We are going to see them traipsing all over the hospital without masks having just been god only knows where with even more people in tow, aren't we.

With any luck, the nursing center won't put up with this nonsense like the hospital did. If Ma has a roommate, things could get interesting. 

4 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The kid with a mustache and glasses… that’s a LOOK.

Isn't that Phillip, the one who went to work in mid-June to save up enough money to go to college this fall? It's early August, and apparently he has money to quit work and join the annual family vacation. It's good to know Jill won't have to beg for money for gasoline, expensive textbooks, lunch, and unfair charges. 

Ma and Pa Noyes have more good days ahead of them than the flagging Gofundme, no matter how much Jill is suffering. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

With any luck, the nursing center won't put up with this nonsense like the hospital did. If Ma has a roommate, things could get interesting.

Jill didn’t say she was moving to a different healthcare facility, she said she was being moved to a “rehab room”.

Of course, it’s Jill speaking, so…..🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4
4 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Rickets? 

Timothy is very bow-legged, and if I remember correctly, Samuel and Phillip are, as well.

3 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

If I didn’t know better, I’d think they were one of those polygamous families. The smiles on the older girls scream “just take the damn picture”. 

Renee almost always has a grimace/smile on her face.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill didn’t say she was moving to a different healthcare facility, she said she was being moved to a “rehab room”.

Even if Mama is moved to a rehab unit in the same hospital, different units are staffed by different people. Presumably, she is going there because she is expected to recover and is no longer in danger of dying.  The staff in an ICU where the patients are in a precarious situation may well be more liberal with visitation, etc than  in a rehab unit where all the patients are on a schedule for various therapies and need to have rest between those sessions to help them recover so they can do the work they need to do.  They are far more likely to strictly enforce visitation rules on the rehab unit.

Based on what Jill has said about her mother's cognitive issues, the last thing she needs is Nurie's toddler visiting.  A kid that age is likely to freak out over grandma's appearance as well as all the medical equipment and the overall strangeness of the setting.  Bringing Nemo to visit so that he can have a meltdown in front of his confused great grandmother is the height of stupidity.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
6 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

The kid with a mustache and glasses… that’s a LOOK.

and where is Jonathan? I’m surprised he is not in the picture.

He wasn’t in the RV praying shots either so I’m guessing he didn’t go and/or had to work. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Jill's aunt Valorie had an update posted July 29. I read it as Pat was moved to a room within the same hospital.

"Update on my sister-in-law:

(update is from my sister Brenda)

Home from another visit with Tim and Pat in Ohio. From the initial phone call from Tim until now, it is evident that God isn’t finished with Pat yet. She has been moved out of ICU today and is in a private room. She will begin a rigorous rehab program very soon! They are overwhelmed with all the blessings from so many people Keep those prayers coming for her rehab and recovery."

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Even if Mama is moved to a rehab unit in the same hospital, different units are staffed by different people. Presumably, she is going there because she is expected to recover and is no longer in danger of dying.  The staff in an ICU where the patients are in a precarious situation may well be more liberal with visitation, etc than  in a rehab unit where all the patients are on a schedule for various therapies and need to have rest between those sessions to help them recover so they can do the work they need to do.  They are far more likely to strictly enforce visitation rules on the rehab unit.

Based on what Jill has said about her mother's cognitive issues, the last thing she needs is Nurie's toddler visiting.  A kid that age is likely to freak out over grandma's appearance as well as all the medical equipment and the overall strangeness of the setting.  Bringing Nemo to visit so that he can have a meltdown in front of his confused great grandmother is the height of stupidity.

If the patents in ICU are sicker and in danger already, wouldn’t it make sense to be more of a stickler about keeping their rooms free of deadly viruses?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I'm sure Nathan rented a cabin for him, Nurie, and Nemo. Jill just invited the boys over to stay there because why just the boys, if Nurie got to pick wouldn't she go with her sisters? 

Well there are fewer boys, so Nurie makes out taking them in.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Which is interesting because he's Phillip's boss, and Phillip went on the trip.

Jill is EVERYBODY'S boss.  If she wanted Phillip on the trip, then Jonathan had no choice in the matter.

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

If the patents in ICU are sicker and in danger already, wouldn’t it make sense to be more of a stickler about keeping their rooms free of deadly viruses?

Yes, but, with people so sick they might die, the staff is also sensitive and compassionate and more likely to bend the rules when they're concerned the patient could die without seeing their family one last time. 

As far as keeping the patient rooms free of deadly viruses, we lost all hope of that a couple years back.  Confining the Rods to Mama's room as much as possible and keeping them away from public areas and other patients is the most they could hope for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Notabug said:

Jill is EVERYBODY'S boss.  If she wanted Phillip on the trip, then Jonathan had no choice in the matter.

Considering it was Jillpm that said Phillip had a job and Johnathan was his boss, I’m guessing “job” and “boss” is really the loosest definition of those terms. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Considering it was Jillpm that said Phillip had a job and Johnathan was his boss, I’m guessing “job” and “boss” is really the loosest definition of those terms. 

Isn’t it odd that she’s never actually said what kind of job Jonathan (and now Philip) has?

• Like 2
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Isn’t it odd that she’s never actually said what kind of job Jonathan (and now Philip) has?

Maybe it's easily identifiable as to exactly where they work? That's all I can think of. She's not spilling where Timcel is working either.

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Maybe it's easily identifiable as to exactly where they work? That's all I can think of. She's not spilling where Timcel is working either.

Could be. I can’t imagine that anyone would actually bother Tim or Jonathan at their workplaces, though. It just seems shady that she won’t reveal even the type of work they’re doing. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1