Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

So I think there are multiple reasons why Jill and DBD will not go on these Plexus trips. First, immodest dress. Women walking around in shorts and tank tops or…goodness…an actual bathing suit at the pool is unacceptable!  Can’t risk DBD looking at another woman and having thoughts that can’t be righteously fulfilled!  Second, booze. These are not dry cruises, I’m assuming. Can’t be around anyone who is imbibing and run the risk of accidentally “catching” their “sin” like a head cold. Third, finances. Although the cruises are in part paid for by Plexus, there is still a rather large investment that attendees take on. The multiple other “once yearly” vacations they take are largely covered by grifting or mooching. Plexuscations? Not so much. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BE90E34E-ABA9-4F36-ACAD-C891C9EC5F14.jpeg

41AE78A5-358B-4256-BAC4-30A93627E638.jpeg

The poor Rodlets must have been horrified when they saw those baggy sack dresses. They're giving off vibes from the worst of the 1960's (or the 1860's) or of a polygamous cult. I'm surprised Australia follower didn't make one for Best Mama. Or maybe she did, and it immediately hit the back of Jill's walk-in closet. 

How much of Jill's French braid is her own hair and how much is Dollar Tree polyester? 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

BE90E34E-ABA9-4F36-ACAD-C891C9EC5F14.jpeg

41AE78A5-358B-4256-BAC4-30A93627E638.jpeg

Those are ugly dresses. She will make the girls wear them but she wouldn't be caught dead in one. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Those are ugly dresses. She will make the girls wear them but she wouldn't be caught dead in one. 

At least her girls can walk in those prairie dresses. Jill can't walk in her skin tight super mahdest mermaid skirt!

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, BetyBee said:

At least her girls can walk in those prairie dresses. Jill can't walk in her skin tight super mahdest mermaid skirt!

Oh but she looks so young and sexy in that! 

• LOL 11
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Those are undershirts. Can't wear a shirt or dress without one.

I believe the term is "underblouse." Undershirts are only for men, real men, like the Rod guys and Jonathan and Nathan. 

Why make an old-fashioned prairie dress and put a deep v-neck in it? Shouldn't the neckline on that kind of dress always be a choke hold design?

I feel a little bit bad criticizing the Australian woman who made those dresses. I'm sure she meant well. But, really? Even the Rods don't dress like that, except for the unlucky youngest girls. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

But… those dresses are NEW. How often do the Rod girls get brand new not worn by anyone before clothes? 
Thar said, they are really ugly dresses. And how did Aussie friend know their sizes? 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

But… those dresses are NEW. How often do the Rod girls get brand new not worn by anyone before clothes? 
Thar said, they are really ugly dresses. And how did Aussie friend know their sizes? 

Aussie leghumper probably contacted Jill about sizing (also needed her address). Weird that she didn't make dresses for the littles. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 6

Maybe Aussie fan has noticed that the older girls' skirts have crept up to knee length on occasion and is worried the young women will lose their purity before marriage as a result. 

I'm laughing to think what Heidi's sisters would say if she received one of those dresses.  

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

314B9B4C-E305-45CE-9EA8-3C5C951E2E31.jpeg

Interesting, the sibs look genuinely pleased about the (ugh) soul winning outing while Jon and Kaylee look like they're in a hostage video. It's funny, now that Kaylee is constantly on social media portraying herself as mommy's perfect little clone, we've caught her looking unhappy a lot more often. 

I'm also so genuinely curious about the kinds of people that respond to this evangelism crap. I'm a (culturally) liberal Christian with family members who enjoy engaging JWs in theological debate, but I cannot for the life of me imagine switching religions because the likes of Jill Rod shoved a pamphlet in my face while I was grocery shopping. Do Lord Daniel and Co really follow through and become  regular church-goers (and more importantly, tithers) or do people just fake convert to get the crazy lady out of their faces?

• Like 16
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Maybe Aussie fan has noticed that the older girls' skirts have crept up to knee length on occasion and is worried the young women will lose their purity before marriage as a result. 

I'm laughing to think what Heidi's sisters would say if she received one of those dresses.  

Upholster a chair lol maybe a chair for her bathroom 

• LOL 6
14 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill would never use the word "boob." 

That said I have no idea what she calls her bras.

Dave’s treasures? Dave’s cocktails? Dave’s jugs?

Dave’s fun bags?

• LOL 6
On 1/26/2024 at 9:43 AM, AstridM said:

ONE page per day, Jill?? 🤦‍♀️

I'm guessing that Jill only "prepared" enough lessons for one page a day.  She puts no effort into home schooling.

• Sad 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jill’s latest….

So precious!  ❤️ I love that we limit screen time in our home and our children learn to be creative with their minds.  😊  Growing up, my Mom used to say that we were not allowed to say, "I am bored!".  She told us there was NO excuse to let that statement exit our mouth.  She would always say, "Find something productive to do with your time!"  Mothers, help feed the creativity in your children's brains, but don't live in constant bondage to always be entertaining them.  😉

video https://www.facebook.com/share/v/VNymThzQW3Wy2qiA/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Screenshot from the video:

A528C28A-3AAD-4ED6-BECE-DC910E4ADED3.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 6

Don't always entertain them is paired with a tea party? The girls put out a lace tablecloth, found real tea cups and made themselves tea?

So the one time JillR is actually paying attention to her kids, she says she shouldn't.

• Like 6
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

3D8DFC9D-23CB-4BAD-90C8-801E17D60C85.jpeg

Good grief, 21 years of little ones running around.   I mean kids are great and all, but at some point the diapers need to stop and you need to sleep through the night.   

• Like 10
  • Applause 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

There is nothing real about Jill. She boasts about limiting screen time via one of her numerous SM posts. 🙄 For posts that include her (and Dave's) images, she filters the heck out of them, in order to appear slimmer and younger. Jill is obsessed with fooling her "followers" into believing that she is young and beautiful and has her life and her children's lives well in hand. She's a huge phony! 

• Like 12
  • Applause 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

Good grief, 21 years of little ones running around.   I mean kids are great and all, but at some point the diapers need to stop and you need to sleep through the night.   

My favorite 'job' was raising my kids - hands down. There is no way in hell I'd be sane or happy raising 14.

• Like 14

Someone found the dresses on Reddit they are not that cheap. For such unattractive clothes someone spend $ and shipped it to Jilly bean. Will Jill go to Australia on vacation next? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5

Those dresses are hidious to say the least. I wonder if the girls looked in the mirror wishing they didn't have to wear them, or if they truly are delusional in thinking the dresses are pretty.

I think Tessie did a good job with the braid. To think maybe she could have a career in hair, but she can't because she is only allowed to birth babies.

• Sad 8

OMG Jill!!  (Or maybe it should be OYG) stop squeaking and squealing at your child. It hurts MY ears and I’m a grownup!  And why does that other girl (I can’t keep track) smile and hyperventilate every time you put a camera on her?!! Maybe you need to ease up before the poor child passes out!

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

She has 4 daughters who most likely do all the work. 

Still birthing 14 kids has to be hard and painful!

• Like 5

While those modest dresses are hideous, I always love it when people go around Jill to get stuff to the kids.  Several times we have seen church people either giving the kids clothes or shoes because they have figured out that giving cash directly to Jill means the kids never see any of it.  I also notice that most of the time the gifted clothes and shoes disappear, so I wonder if Jill sells them to get more stuff for herself.

I was thinking about Kaylee insisting that Gideon is sentimental when he cries at her screeching or his aunt's terrible clarinet playing.  It occurred to me that while her interpretation is silly, at least she is not interpreting his crying the way Jill does.  Jill said years ago in a video that babies practice deceit when they cry when all their needs are met.  With Jill's obsession with the Pearls that is pretty scary stuff.  I hope Kaylee continues to think that Gideon is just sentimental instead of thinking he is sinning and that he needs to be beaten to make him stop.

12 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Still birthing 14 kids has to be hard and painful!

Especially when you consider that she probably has birthed all of them at home with maybe a poorly trained midwife in attendance.  It amazes me that the Keller women can do constant homebirths without every having a negative outcome.  When you count Esther, Anna, and Priscilla, that's close to 30 births.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

Especially when you consider that she probably has birthed all of them at home with maybe a poorly trained midwife in attendance.  It amazes me that the Keller women can do constant homebirths without every having a negative outcome.  When you count Esther, Anna, and Priscilla, that's close to 30 births.

Esther was also recent very ill and John was seeking a veterinarian to "provide a certain product" 

Not hard to connect the dots there

• Mind Blown 18
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Esther was also recent very ill and John was seeking a veterinarian to "provide a certain product" 

Bloody hell, John is nuts.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 9
2 hours ago, Madtown said:

Those dresses are hidious to say the least. I wonder if the girls looked in the mirror wishing they didn't have to wear them, or if they truly are delusional in thinking the dresses are pretty.

I think Tessie did a good job with the braid. To think maybe she could have a career in hair, but she can't because she is only allowed to birth babies.

Tessie is also allowed to sell plexus for Mahmo! So birth babies and sell plexus. Yay! Right???

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

correction - John was on a rant about attacks of satan about a month ago. Unclear if Esther was ill from attack of satan, 14th pregnancy or whatever.

His request for a vet and product did not mention her.

Screenshot (580).png

• Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 2

I wonder if Esther is on Jill's radar?  I know there's an age gap, but if Jill does know Esther, it has to be making her head spin with the news of baby Josiah.  I believe Jill turned 45 last year, and Janessa will be 6 in April.  If I did my math correctly, Jill would have been 39/40 when Janessa she was born, and here we got Esther still going at 42, and she might be able to have another if she & John happen to run into each other again 😉

I would not want to be in Anna's presence right now 🫣,

• Like 7
(edited)

Jill certainly knows of Esther since she is Nathan Keller's sister.  🙂

Nathan aka Anna Duggar's brother, or as Jill introduces him Nathan Keller, pastor of blah blah church.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 7
13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Anchor Baptist in Seville, FL. 😀

Yeah. It's just funny to me that she always says "our oldest daughter Nurie is married to Pastor Nathan Keller. He is the Pastor at.....

She says it like his church is some big deal and the 10 elderly people at any given church on the grift tour would both know of it and be impressed. In reality it is just a tiny church, with a tiny congregation.

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Yeah. It's just funny to me that she always says "our oldest daughter Nurie is married to Pastor Nathan Keller. He is the Pastor at.....

She says it like his church is some big deal and the 10 elderly people at any given church on the grift tour would both know of it and be impressed. In reality it is just a tiny church, with a tiny congregation.

How is he supporting his growing family with such a tiny congregation?

• Like 8