Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Jill and Dave are probably happy Sofia’s permanent teeth haven’t come in. It is most likely difficult for her to chew and therefore less food is consumed.

. . . if they've noticed at all how many months she's been toothless like that.

Edited by Jeeves
grammar
  • Like 2
  • Sad 11
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Kbo said:

All I know is that in the vast majority of cases, a professional contractor could find a way to have the sink and mirrors lined up correctly. I couldn’t live with that, it would drive me insane. 

As could many average homeowners. One stud and a molly bolt, or two molly bolts would do the trick. 

As far as the outlet, Dave built the wall, he could have put a cross stud anywhere he wanted, if he wanted to outlet somewhere else. I can't tell from the picture but I wonder if that's a safety outlet.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
2 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

. . . if they've noticed at all how long it's been that she's been toothless like that. 

As soon as she gets the teeth Jill will have to train Sofia in a new introduction because they have been using "cute, small" sofia saying or singing "all I want for christmas is my two front teeth" for quite a while now in their grift tour introductions.

It usually gets a laugh from the 12 old folks in the audience who have no idea her teeth have been missing for a year.

• Sad 18
14 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

All that clutter in the bathroom.  Yuck.  It has to be so dusty and smelly in there because there is no way to clean those fake flowers and the upholstered chair right next to the toilet.  Of course, in recent pictures, Jill has no nostrils, so maybe she can't smell anything.

She really can’t smell anything lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

From what I've seen done they have to be attached to the studs in the wall. They cannot just be stuck in a hole cut in wallboard without support. [They being the electrical boxes for outlets and light switches.] The position of the mirror was apparently determined by where the electrical had to go.

It’s would have been easy to attach a piece of a 2x4 to the right of the stud and have the outlet positioned so the mirror and sink would line up. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
47 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

. . . if they've noticed at all how many months she's been toothless like that.

I doubt they have noticed. Jill only notices how she looks. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I doubt they have noticed. Jill only notices how she looks. 

Well someone had to feed Sofia the "All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth" intro line. I doubt her siblings knew it. 

• Like 6

I cringed the first time Sofia said it. I think it was when they performed at Phillip's new school in the fall. Sofia mumbled a bit and Jill said "this is a new introduction for us and we will have to work on that" It has not only been perfectly  clear since then, but at the last grift stop she sang as it is sung in the song.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 9
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

It’s would have been easy to attach a piece of a 2x4 to the right of the stud and have the outlet positioned so the mirror and sink would line up. 

It looks like the wall ends very close to the switch plate. There may not have been room for that.

Assuming that Jill is right handed she probably uses the mirror on the left because the drawers are full of her stuff.  The mirror placement on the right may not bother him.

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As could many average homeowners. One stud and a molly bolt, or two molly bolts would do the trick. 

As far as the outlet, Dave built the wall, he could have put a cross stud anywhere he wanted, if he wanted to outlet somewhere else. I can't tell from the picture but I wonder if that's a safety outlet.

I wouldn't trust a molly bolt on wallboard to hold an outlet where shavers and hair dryers would be plugged in and pulled out regularly. 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

I wouldn't trust a molly bolt on wallboard to hold an outlet where shavers and hair dryers would be plugged in and pulled out regularly. 

You can't attach an outlet with mollies or toggles. They're not made the way. Adding a cross stud would be for the outlet. The mollies would be for the mirrors.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 4
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

You can't attach an outlet with mollies or toggles. They're not made the way. Adding a cross stud would be for the outlet. The mollies would be for the mirrors.

Yes, they could be used for the mirror.

A sheet of plate mirror would have been my choice for that bathroom.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

It looks like the wall ends very close to the switch plate. There may not have been room for that.

There you go, that’s the wall it should have been on. Problem solved.

• Applause 2
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Yes, they could be used for the mirror.

A sheet of plate mirror would have been my choice for that bathroom.

So they had many options. There's no reason the mirrors don't line up with the sinks other than Jill and Dave. There is no reason, other than Dave, for the placement of the outlet.

It had nothing at all to do with the structure of the bathroom and everything to do with the lazy owners.

• Like 8

Did they have any inspections on this "remodel"?  If so, how did this bathroom pass?  I would be very surprised if they used GFR plugs.  They are more expensive than regular plugs.  It appears that child safety is not high on their list.

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It had nothing at all to do with the structure of the bathroom and everything to do with the lazy owners.

I know I  posted a similar picture recently. I will just never get over it. I’m sure they will top it one day.

7CBD12A6-5A36-4FC1-AC1C-3390F889CEC4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 9
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

She really can’t smell anything lol

With all the Plexus gut cleaning Jill does, her bathroom must stink. It's probably a good idea that she's erased her nose. 

• LOL 19
(edited)
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Her lower teeth aren't coming in, either. She's had that huge gaping hole in her mouth for close to a year. 

Again, regular dental care and orthodontics if needed could help them find out what’s wrong. But no way is Jill going to spring for the orthodontic dentist or the oral surgeon dentist. Too much robbed from the Plexus and eyeliner budgets.

Edited by LilJen
  • Like 4
  • Sad 12
2 hours ago, LilJen said:

Again, regular dental care and orthodontics if needed could help them find out what’s wrong. But no way is Jill going to spring for the orthodontic dentist or the oral surgeon dentist. Too much robbed from the Plexus and eyeliner budgets.

Jill appears to get braces for her kids who reach near-marriageable age. Employed sons-in-law and dutiful daughters-in-law are necessary for Jill's present and future well-being.  

As for medical or dental care for her young children, as long as they can do their chores, there's no need.   

• Sad 14
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I know I  posted a similar picture recently. I will just never get over it. I’m sure they will top it one day.

7CBD12A6-5A36-4FC1-AC1C-3390F889CEC4.jpeg

How has that home not gone up in flames yet? That looks like a photo you would show during a fire safety course, "How many fire hazards can you identify?"

• Like 23
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

And if Sofia can’t eat much hey more food for her parents. Poor Sofia looks miserable and sick for at least a year..

Sofia has looked unwell since she was a little baby.

• Like 5
  • Sad 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
52 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Sofia has looked unwell since she was a little baby.

Again, Jill doesn't  care or notice. A narcissist only seems themselves.  You can see that with her pictures. She cares about Jill and her kids figure in what they can do for her and make her look better. I honestly don't think she gives much of a thought to David just how he makes her look like a godly wife. If he passed away, she probably has a list of potential spouses. 

• Like 9

The post of Kaylee and Sofia having "special sister time" made me sad that Sofia now has to pose for both mama's camera and fb posts and Kaylee's content.

• Sad 15

That's too bad that KayJon had to be "apart" from her "teams" Super Saturday event.  🙄

Geez, how many grammatical errors can one person fit into one sentence?

I just wish Heidi's mom had shown up wearing jeans.

• Like 17
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I was going to suggest that Kaylee have someone proof her posts before she hits the "send" button, but then I realize that, being the oldest, she probably received the "best" education in the family. And her "teacher" can not help her out.  And she is going to teach her children.  This hurts my heart.

• Sad 22

Aren't both Nurie and Tim older than Kaylee, although being third she still should have gotten some of the better "education" not well educated Jill had to offer.

• Like 11

Well, in theory Samuel at age 19 (6th child) should have gotten better "education" than the later borns, but just last week he was shown being bored out his mind studying middle school grammar so....

• Like 4
  • Sad 15
1 hour ago, CalicoKitty said:

I was going to suggest that Kaylee have someone proof her posts before she hits the "send" button, but then I realize that, being the oldest, she probably received the "best" education in the family. And her "teacher" can not help her out.  And she is going to teach her children.  This hurts my heart.

Right, the great-Rodlets have no hope at all unless they somehow educate themselves or someone outside the family steps in (which, having to battle Hurricane Jill, is unlikely).  I feel like most of them are going to be functionally illiterate.  At least in the Duggar-verse, some of the Duggars by marriage have stepped in to make sure their kids are getting a better education than their Duggar parent, so their futures look a little brighter.  The Rods are so insular, I don't see how those kids are ever going to get further than their parents.

Most parents want their kids to be better/smarter than themselves.  It's troubling and sad when parents like the Rods actually want their kids to stay uneducated as a means to better control them.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Well, in theory Samuel at age 19 (6th child) should have gotten better "education" than the later borns, but just last week he was shown being bored out his mind studying middle school grammar so....

So we even know it was middle school level? Kaylee writes like a fourth grader. One at the bottom of her class.

• Like 1
  • Sad 11
41 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Right, the great-Rodlets have no hope at all unless they somehow educate themselves or someone outside the family steps in (which, having to battle Hurricane Jill, is unlikely).  I feel like most of them are going to be functionally illiterate.  At least in the Duggar-verse, some of the Duggars by marriage have stepped in to make sure their kids are getting a better education than their Duggar parent, so their futures look a little brighter.  The Rods are so insular, I don't see how those kids are ever going to get further than their parents.

I know Heidi was homeschooled but I get the feeling she had a much better education than Tim. Their kids might just be better off than the other Rod grandkids. 

• Like 13

If Jon’s parents follow Kaylee’s social media posts they will see her alarmingly low level of education. If they care about their grandchildren, they might push the ACE homeschool materials onto K and J, or somehow try to see to it that the kids at least master reading and writing beyond their mother's level. 

• Like 11
Just now, Jeeves said:

If Jon’s parents follow Kaylee’s social media posts they will see her alarmingly low level of education. If they care about their grandchildren, they might push the ACE homeschool materials onto K and J, or somehow try to see to it that the kids at least master reading and writing beyond their mother's level. 

I'm sure they are aware of how she is. 

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

At least in the Duggar-verse, some of the Duggars by marriage have stepped in to make sure their kids are getting a better education than their Duggar parent, so their futures look a little brighter.  The Rods are so insular, I don't see how those kids are ever going to get further than their parents.

This post just made me remember Joe & Kendra's honeymoon, where she learned that he licked his plate when he was finished. She had to train him to have some more acceptable manners. Duggar wives have to retrain their husbands, along with their kids!

• Like 16
  • Mind Blown 2
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

So we even know it was middle school level? Kaylee writes like a fourth grader. One at the bottom of her class.

Given the book shown I think so. 17yr old Gabriel was shown diagramming sentences a while back and this seemed similar. But Samuel really just seemed to be sitting there spinning a pencil and listening to Gabe play banjo until mama showed up with the phone.

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
21 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

But Samuel really just seemed to be sitting there spinning a pencil and listening to Gabe play banjo until mama showed up with the phone.

I wonder if even Jill knows that she's not going to be able to pass Sam off as a preacher so she's just given up on him, because what else can he do except run tracts through the big rusty stapling machine?

Not saying Sam is dumb, he just hasn't been given a chance.

• Like 10
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Samuel has stated over and over he is shy. Besides being poorly educated, I believe he is extremely uncomfortable being up front preaching.

He likes to build things. Nothing at all wrong with that. The world needs people in construction jobs. Best for him is get a job for a construction co and learn something about real construction, make some money and keep it away from mama.

I can't imagine being shy and having to perform in the Rod circus for Jill. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 12
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I can't imagine being shy and having to perform in the Rod circus for Jill. 

I wonder if that is part of Renee's problem too. Not every kid is cut out for public performing!

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Yes he's shy, but he's also been a trained seal in the Rodrigues performing circus since he was a tot. As for public speaking, shy people do it all the time. Sam is the type who likely only has one sermon planned every year, since they don't repeat churches. Poor kid is probably composing his sermon for the Florida junket now. 

All that said, he would be best served at community college taking carpentry courses. So he can build something that passes code. 

ETA Renee has a problem? Jill just posted her singing a solo, and it was very good. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 5