Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There's a picture of Tim posing with Heidi and her younger siblings. They're all holding various candies. Tim isn't holding any, so I assume he gifted it. I hope Heidi got more than a giant Milky Way bar!

Apparently, Tim got Heidi a watch. She also received some cute dog accessories I think were from Tim. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Probably I had a co-worker who used to do that at every time we had a holiday party or potluck. She brought take home containers and take all the leftovers.  She of course never brought any food. 

In my last job, the guys in the office all pitched in by bringing a bag of chips or a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi.  After, they'd load up to-go plates/containers and dash out.  Never helped clean up.  Finally I'd had enough and said "This year, the women are taking the day off from cleaning up.  You guys are on your own. Make sure the place isn't overrun by bugs when we come back in January."  The silence was deafening.  They had literally no idea what to do, except complain that they "should be able to take the leftovers home in exchange for all the cleaning up they had to do".  

Can you imagine inviting Jill and Shrek to a potluck?  They'd take home leftovers, sure, but they'd go in Mahmo's Diet Drawer for her and Shrek to eat later.  And then make the girls clean up the containers. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 3
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh I forgot about the cute doggie dresses. 

I thought the watch was from Heidi to Tim.

Oh, that's possible. I was reading Reddit but can't find the watch post again. 

10 minutes ago, louannems said:

He’s still wound up tightly, though.  Look at how clenched his left hand is!  I’ve seen him do that before.

Maybe this is the male version of the grimace that takes over Kaylee's and Nurie's faces when BME starts taking photos. 

• Sad 6
  • Useful 2

Jill might well interfere, indirectly. I just saw a picture of Ellen, Heidi's mother,wearing jeans for the first time in 14 years. 

Jill went ballistic when other friends (former friends now) decided that one could wear pants and be modest. Unfortunately, Timmy also joined in on that rampage. 

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 7
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill might well interfere, indirectly. I just saw a picture of Ellen, Heidi's mother,wearing jeans for the first time in 14 years. 

Jill went ballistic when other friends (former friends now) decided that one could wear pants and be modest. Unfortunately, Timmy also joined in on that rampage. 

I'm hoping that meeting the love of his life has changed some of his attitudes.  I don't think he knew what it can be like to be included and embraced by a more normal family.  He didn't seem to mind Heidi wearing pajama pants for pictures.  I think meeting Heidi's sisters and perhaps actually liking them has made an impression.  I really hope for the best for Tim.

Edited by CalicoKitty
  • Like 14

Looks like Tim is cleaving more to the Coveretts than Heidi to the Rods. Heidi has had her opportunities, and seemed to go skirts only after meeting Tim and his rigid family. 

PJs aside, I will be interested in seeing what Heidi does now that her mother has opened the barn door, and Hallie, the older sister, is a jeans wearing slut. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 11
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Looks like Tim is cleaving more to the Coveretts than Heidi to the Rods. Heidi has had her opportunities, and seemed to go skirts only after meeting Tim and his rigid family. 

PJs aside, I will be interested in seeing what Heidi does now that her mother has opened the door (and Hallie, the older sister) is a jeans wearing slut. 

What a dilemma for Jill!!! I have a sneaky suspicion she will do nothing..because....PLEXUS...it will be money over modesty...and lets face it..if she wants to build an MLM empire..she's gonna have to have some pants wearers...she will not exclude them...she will just put all her daughters on display as modesty's example...I saw a change in Jill's  and even the girl's attire after she attended the P conference in Nashville..She went down there looking like the host of a  hootenanny ..and I bet She learned She needed to change real quick to fit in..

• Like 10
  • Useful 4

Same comma error not once, but every time.  At least she is consistent. 

Oh, I just noticed.  She got one right.  She forgot the comma in "Respect".

I expect we will be subject to many more of these posts as a pointed reference to Heidi's family.  Jill and her children are so much more perfect and godly, after all.  Tim had better stay far away from the barndo unless he receives a direct command.  He deserves food and happiness.  (She really is so judgmental).

I really want to see the pictures from this wedding.  I would hope Jill and Dave would attend.  Of course, they didn't attend the engagement party, so----

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I'm wondering if Kaylee saw Hallie's post (of Ellen), and this is her "chased" response. 🙄

The timing seems like it.  That was my first thought.  Does Kaylee decide to "write" these posts, or does Jill tell her to make a post, and tell her what to write?

• Like 13
1 minute ago, CalicoKitty said:

The timing seems like it.  That was my first thought.  Does Kaylee decide to "write" these posts, or does Jill tell her to make a post, and tell her what to write?

I expect that Jill tells her what to write about and is more than happy to edit and embellish it.  Presuming Kaylee cannot access Jill's instagram directly, Jill, at the very least, wouldn't post anything that didn't align with her personal POV,.

• Like 10
16 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I had the same thought. Jill's little footsoldier. 

eta Jill doesn't follow Hallie on Instagram, so she would have had to have heard from another source.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's supposed to be CHASTE. She doesn't even realize she made a booboo. 

So Kaylee "writes" the post, Jill reads the post, and then goes ahead and posts it, and Jill-the-wonderful-teacher doesn't pick up on the errors?  Jill's grandkids are absolutely doomed.  The boys will never have the opportunity for anything but very low paying jobs because they will be totally illiterate.  The girls will get married, so they don't matter.

• Like 5
  • Sad 11
37 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's supposed to be CHASTE. She doesn't even realize she made a booboo. 

They can't even be judgemental with proper spelling.  I can't believe the lack of education.  Isn't this word in the Bible? Or at least in their teachings? I could spell this word correctly when I was a kid! Wow. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2

I was reading an article in People Magazine Thursday evening, and it was about a young man who spent 4 years or so in federal prison.  He is now out and finally admitted to friends, family, and probably himself, that he could not read.  There was a column of statistics, and one of them stated that 54% of adults in the US cannot read above a 6th-grade level.  Jill is hitting so many points when it comes to abusing her children.  Until individual states put mandates in place for home-schooling, kids like the Rodlets will fall through the cracks and join that 54% statistic.  

• Sad 15
  • Applause 5
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

Do they really know what chaste means?

It's in the bible. 1Peter 3:1-2.  (Chaste appears in verse 2, but you need verse 1 for context. I used the KJV, since that's what Kaylee would know.)

I also think the Taylor Swift haul got back to Jill, hence the focus on bad music. 

I forgot that Ellen is Jonathan's aunt. Hits close to home. 

• Useful 8

*Crosses Gideon off the list of fundie grandkids I had some hope for and sighs.*

I'm not sure that this is about the jeans thing. It sounds to me more like Kiki stumbled across some sort of ex-fundie folks and got her knickers in a twist (or Jilldo did). I would expect that her recent shilling and Yay Mamhmo, ma man, me and Jesus (in that order) posts have poked her into a world where not everyone believes in the cult of Jildo the sainted martyr. 

On the off chance that the place she has stumbled on is here. Kaylee, your parents are not God, nor do they have a direct line to Him (that's sneaking close to idolatry btw). They want you to believe that so they can control you, not to bring you closer to your creator. There are a lot of ways to be a Christian and the vast majority of those ways consider your parents' "protection" outright abuse. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 12

That kind of it's a word but not the right word error is ubiquitous these days, because of spell check and autofill -- even in the media.

Perhaps the people referenced in this story that ran last night are being chased.

IMG_8235 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • LOL 10

I think Kaylee is a lost cause and is setting herself up for a miserable life. I don't think she can be Jill 2.0 because she's more of a people pleaser and doesn't possess Jill's narcissism. She's not bright enough to see what is happening in her own life. Jill and her clone wannabe are making digs at the Coverett family. I truly hope that Tim flips that house and moves closer to Heidi's family. I also think that September is too far away for the wedding. Jill could spoil his life by then. They should move the date up, change the locks on his house and rent it or sell it and go no contact with the Rods. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I find it truly interesting Jill would have us believe none of her children had ANY exposure to social media except the occasional hopping on mama's fb to post a tribute to mama.

Kaylee gets a fb acct and becomes a prolific poster in a day. Posts that shill product, post about how godly her man is, she is, her parents are. Cute baby pics.

Either mama is directing this or Kaylee girl had way more access to sm than Jill let on and already knew how it worked.

Also interesting she seems to have access to mama's pics to add to her posts.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Useful 17
10 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

It's in the bible. 1Peter 3:1-2.  (Chaste appears in verse 2, but you need verse 1 for context. I used the KJV, since that's what Kaylee would know.)

I know it's in the Bible, but that would also mean that they'd seen it in print if they got it from reading the Bible.  That's part of what makes me wonder how much they truly understand and how much is just parroting words or what they think are the words.

• Like 15

Happy New Year’s Eve !   I still have no idea what day it actually is 🤣. Here is a bad joke from my conservative college days( but I still giggle ).  What is the smallest sin in the Bible ????    Flea fornication

• LOL 10
10 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

I tend to be non-judgey about spelling mistakes, but I agree, if Kaylee girl has been protected from 'worldly' social media and only exposed to the KJV, chaste should not be a spelling challenge. 

None of us believe that Kaylee and her siblings received much of an education, but perhaps Jill, the great homeschool teacher, did even worse than we give her credit for. 

What was Jill writing in those homeschool reports she used to turn into the state? Exaggerations and outright lies? 

I've seen a lot of poor writing in my time teaching, but Kaylee's is a sad case. The poor girl has no independent thoughts to express, and what little she does have to say, she's can't put into writing. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 8
4 minutes ago, graybrown bird said:

Not so sure Ksylee is a people pleaser, but for sure she is a Mahmo pleaser.  No other allegiance despite lip service to God, headship, etc.

That's a good point. Kaylee appeared to have no use for the nurses and doctors who helped to save her child's life. She pretty much shrugged off the death of the NICU twin as the "Lord's will". Now she's vague posting criticisms of Jonathan's aunt. I hold no hope for Kaylee escaping the Mahmo cult. It's just that I don't think she's capable of the kind of narcissism that Jill demonstrates. I think she's trying to me Mahmo's favorite. That will never happen, but she's useful to Mahmo as long as she's trying.

• Like 22
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I know it's in the Bible, but that would also mean that they'd seen it in print if they got it from reading the Bible.  That's part of what makes me wonder how much they truly understand and how much is just parroting words or what they think are the words.

Much like the rest of us did with song lyrics growing up! 😆 For several years as a kid, I thought Foreigner’s “Urgent” was “virgin.”

Edited by AstridM
  • LOL 11
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

I hold no hope for Kaylee escaping the Mahmo cult. It's just that I don't think she's capable of the kind of narcissism that Jill demonstrates. I think she's trying to me Mahmo's favorite. That will never happen, but she's useful to Mahmo as long as she's trying.

Kaylee faces several big obstacles. She lives close to Mahmo, so she's on call for whatever Jill wants and needs. Jonathan can't or won't protect Kaylee from Mahmo's demands. She grew up in the shadow of the precious Nurie, so she's always trying harder. 

I don't think Kaylee is mean or selfish like her mother. She's just in a position to be taken advantage of, and Jill appears to be willing to do just that.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 15
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

Kaylee faces several big obstacles. She lives close to Mahmo, so she's on call for whatever Jill wants and needs. Jonathan can't or won't protect Kaylee from Mahmo's demands. She grew up in the shadow of the precious Nurie, so she's always trying harder. 

I don't think Kaylee is mean or selfish like her mother. She's just in a position to be taken advantage of, and Jill appears to be willing to do just that.  

I mean, I guess it matters to Gid and the umpteen that will follow whether Kaylee is by nature mean and selfish or just a try hard (I suppose it matters to Jonathan too, but he's such a non-entity it's hard to say). My problem is, I'm not sure whether it matters to the wider word whether Kaylee is or is not like her mother. The long-suffering nurses at the hospital still had to sit through Kaylee's diatribe on her breast-feeding method, which I'm going to guess was Jill, not hospital approved. I can't see a hospital these days pushing formula without a good reason, but Jill and Kaylee have both made holier-than-thou breast feeding posts. There's also the whole mess of the twins. It's bad enough to say that to grieving parents, but to make it part of your "Yay Jesus!" marketing material shows a complete lack of empathy. Of course, whether a narcissist or not, our Sunshine Girl learned that from the best.

• Like 23
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

I imagine they hear much more from screaming preachers st the pulpit than (used correctly, Kaylee) they actually read. 

• Like 14
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

None of us believe that Kaylee and her siblings received much of an education, but perhaps Jill, the great homeschool teacher, did even worse than we give her credit for. 

What was Jill writing in those homeschool reports she used to turn into the state? Exaggerations and outright lies? 

I've seen a lot of poor writing in my time teaching, but Kaylee's is a sad case. The poor girl has no independent thoughts to express, and what little she does have to say, she's can't put into writing. 

I worked in an elementary school for 9 years, and Kaylee’s post is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.  It just proves how brainwashed she is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 12
  • Useful 1

I gave Nurie the benefit of the doubt and it seems to me she's a haughty wolf in Fundy sheep's clothing. I'm now thinking Kaylee is too. This is what they see and hear at home and in church. They've been told from birth they are the only correct kind of Christian.

Tim may soften by being around a quasi normal family or Heidi may kick him to the curb in 3 years.

IMO, The Rod are not nice people, but I'm guessing they think they are and when they behave poorly, I think they think they have the right to.

• Like 17
  • Love 7