Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, louannems said:

I bet grandma (David’s mom) sent a check for the food).  Jill didn’t say grandma and grandpa so maybe she finally remembered the other grandma this year.

Their grift stop last sunday must have brought in some cash.

I watched the videos from the church in Kentucky. New target church for the rod grift. The RV must not be able to tow the car. Dave says "we let Samuel drive it and follow us down".

In the family intros- Jill introduces the oldest 3 who aren't there. Again Pastor Nathan Keller and his church are mentioned by name. Jonathan is mentioned by name and what church he serves at. Tim same church, is engaged. Heidi's name again not mentioned.

Renee introduces Phillip "who no longer travels with us. Phillip hopes to be a missionary to Hungary" Usually this includes a mention of he is away at bible college. But not a word about Bible College this time.

Samuel introduces himself as the tall, shy one. The Pastor of the church literally jumped up from his front row pew and proclaimed "Ladies, Samuel is 18, single and praying about finding a wife!" WTH??

Shouldn't Jill have said "oh but he is still in school"?

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 9
  • LOL 9

Jonathan looks like a man who is in his late 50s and in poor health according to that photo. ( I hope this comment is acceptable as I am not  shaming the guy; just noting that this is a bad picture of him and he doesn't look like he's a young healthy man in his 20s.) Hope all is ok for him. Is it just me who sees this?

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I wonder what kind of insurance they have?

Probably whatever his employer gives them. I’m sure they had a hefty deductible and probably copays and coinsurance, too. 

Suddenly I can no longer add photos here? This site has been so messed up. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The comma abuse continues unabated. 

It's worse than the Plexus. 

I taught elementary school for 38 years (my day job). I have never seen comma abuse this bad. Third graders write better.   She is illiterate, and she will be teaching her children.  If the cycle continues, her grandchildren will be unable to read or write at all.  At least they won't have to worry about paying off college student loans.

• Like 15
  • Sad 11
12 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I taught elementary school for 38 years (my day job). I have never seen comma abuse this bad. Third graders write better.   She is illiterate, and she will be teaching her children.  If the cycle continues, her grandchildren will be unable to read or write at all.  At least they won't have to worry about paying off college student loans.

Yup. I tutored ESL students who were far better writers than Kaylee. She is easily the worst writer I've seen, possibly ever, as I consider native speaking adults I've worked with over the years. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yup. I tutored ESL students who were far better writers than Kaylee. She is easily the worst writer I've seen, possibly ever, as I consider native speaking adults I've worked with over the years. 

I think she is worse than her mother, and that is a really saying something-- and so sad.

• Sad 12

It takes effort for me to add that many commas when I try to comment about her comma abuse.  I attribute that to my upbringing.  I'm cleaning out my parents' house and found some elementary school report cards.  All A's for spelling.  My brother and parents had cards that were the same.  

Rodlets will find early "report cards" that give them all A's for .... coloring and bible studies.  I hate that for them. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Kaylee does look really pretty in the pics on her way to Jonathan's family. Apparently, there is no need to trowel on a bucket of make up when they visit his family! At the RodHouse, it's a requirement!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5
9 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

She is illiterate, and she will be teaching her children.  If the cycle continues, her grandchildren will be unable to read or write at all.  At least they won't have to worry about paying off college student loans.

My mom and I were talking yesterday about another fundie homeschooler.  Her parents did not graduate from high school and honestly didn't have that much education. But they did make sure their seven children all graduated from high school.  My mom and dad wanted me to go to college. I took a while to figure out what I wanted to do, but I eventually did get my degree.  Kaylee will not be able to teach Gideon (and her future children) beyond the second or third-grade level.  I know it will never happen, but I wish Jonathan would tell Kaylee he wants his children to go to school.  I don't understand fundie parents who want their kids to have less education than they had.  Then again, maybe I do - they don't want their kids to be exposed to things they don't understand.

• Like 10
  • Sad 7
8 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

It takes effort for me to add that many commas when I try to comment about her comma abuse.  I attribute that to my upbringing.  I'm cleaning out my parents' house and found some elementary school report cards.  All A's for spelling.  My brother and parents had cards that were the same.  

Rodlets will find early "report cards" that give them all A's for .... coloring and bible studies.  I hate that for them. 

Yep, same!  I’m not, sure, which is worse. The comma, abuse or the seemingly, ubiquitous abuse of apostrophe’s. 

2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Kaylee does look really pretty in the pics on her way to Jonathan's family. Apparently, there is no need to trowel on a bucket of make up when they visit his family! At the RodHouse, it's a requirement!

She learned how to use filters from Mahmo, as well. She barely has a nose!

• LOL 17
54 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Can anyone just imagine what it would be like if Kaylee ever had to write a resume?  What a disaster that would be!   

How these shitty parents dumb down every generation is so tragic.

Should be illegal, imho. 

• Like 14
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Yep, same!  I’m not, sure, which is worse. The comma, abuse or the seemingly, ubiquitous abuse of apostrophe’s. 

She learned how to use filters from Mahmo, as well. She barely has a nose!

Who needs a nose??? She has plexus and a HUSBAND!

• LOL 13
On 12/23/2023 at 7:57 AM, BradandJanet said:

The older children (Nurie, Kaylee, Tim, and Nathan, Jonathan, and Heidi) aren't going to be at the barndo for Christmas this year. 

1. How does one-burnt-ham Jill have a pantry and refrigerator full this Christmas? 

2. Who paid for all the food with Nathan, Jonathan, and Tim away? 

I will always believe that they get hundreds of dollars worth of SNAP benefits (aka food stamps) every month.

• Like 6
  • Applause 9
21 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Is it me or does Jonathan looking very thin and drawn? I know he is chugging plexus. 

This would validate that Plexus actually works. I personally vote for anxiety as the cause.  Or he has bought into the Plexus sales pitch and is not eating to support Kaylee’s “business”

• Like 3
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I will always believe that they get hundreds of dollars worth of SNAP benefits (aka food stamps) every month.

Make that 2 grand at least. I too believe they get food stamps/ssi/ssdi and cash assistance. Otherwise how do they pay bills??? Mahmo and poppy barely “work”. They only worked at making babies.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
31 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

💯

28 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Make that 2 grand at least. I too believe they get food stamps/ssi/ssdi and cash assistance. Otherwise how do they pay bills??? Mahmo and poppy barely “work”. They only worked at making babies.

I think they get SNAP and Medicaid. The application for these is the same one in Ohio. And possibly some of the adult kids also get individual benefits for the same. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

My mom and I were talking yesterday about another fundie homeschooler.  Her parents did not graduate from high school and honestly didn't have that much education. But they did make sure their seven children all graduated from high school.  My mom and dad wanted me to go to college. I took a while to figure out what I wanted to do, but I eventually did get my degree.  Kaylee will not be able to teach Gideon (and her future children) beyond the second or third-grade level.  I know it will never happen, but I wish Jonathan would tell Kaylee he wants his children to go to school.  I don't understand fundie parents who want their kids to have less education than they had.  Then again, maybe I do - they don't want their kids to be exposed to things they don't understand.

If all 13 Rod offspring were tested for grade level, not one of them would pass 6th grade and that’s being generous.  Most wouldn’t pass 4th grade IMO.

• Like 7
  • Sad 17
15 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If all 13 Rod offspring were tested for grade level, not one of them would pass 6th grade and that’s being generous.  Most wouldn’t pass 4th grade IMO.

Pure educational abuse. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 10
23 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Is it me or does Jonathan looking very thin and drawn? I know he is chugging plexus. 

IMO he has lost weight since getting married but there’s an obvious reason for it:  Jill.  Kaylee cooks exactly like Jill cooks, and we all know that Jill is a severely bad cook, so it would only make sense that Jonathan most likely eats just enough to keep from hurting Kaylee’s feelings.  Poor guy. 😢

23 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Jon please stand up to your mother-in-law.

That will never, ever happen.

• Sad 11
12 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Why do they need to travel with the RV AND a car? Seems like a lot of unnecessarily wasted gas. There are fewer of them now. Why not just take the RV?

The car is for Jill and DBD to slip away on date nights or tourist traps to buy more sweatblouses and baseball bonnets. 🙄

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 10
  • LOL 5
16 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

IMO he has lost weight since getting married but there’s an obvious reason for it:  Jill.  Kaylee cooks exactly like Jill cooks, and we all know that Jill is a severely bad cook, so it would only make sense that Jonathan most likely eats just enough to keep from hurting Kaylee’s feelings.  Poor guy. 😢

From many videos by both mama and Kaylee, I think Kaylee is spending most of her days at the barndo when the rods aren't off grifting. I bet Jonathan comes by after work and they stay at mama's for dinner.

Kaylee's entire spiel in mama's "magazine paper" was about how homesick she was after getting married even though they lived close to mama.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 2

I can't imagine any of them are receiving SSI or SSDI.  Possibly, possibly Janessa would qualify for SSI but then Jill would have to admit the child is not perfect.  

They would be guilty of educational neglect. That's the not providing a proper education.    

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Can anyone just imagine what it would be like if Kaylee ever had to write a resume?  What a disaster that would be!   

How these shitty parents dumb down every generation is so tragic.

I had an part time keyholder at my store (hired by the previous manager) who (somehow) graduated from a legitimate bible college.  I saw his resume and it was exactly how I'd expect a Rod resume to be.  No way it was typed up as a Word Doc, the red and green squiggly lines everywhere would be BLINDING.  He spelled the same word 3 different ways, used lots of commas, and used bullet points as decoration/styling (his address at the top was in the form of bullet points for some weird reason).  

If the Rodlets ever decided to join the real world and get jobs alongside the rest of us, they'd have a hard time not only filling out an application, but getting thru an interview.  Looking at you, Sammers. (Not his fault, he was raised to be that way.)

• Sad 16
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I can't imagine any of them are receiving SSI or SSDI.  Possibly, possibly Janessa would qualify for SSI but then Jill would have to admit the child is not perfect.  

They would be guilty of educational neglect. That's the not providing a proper education.    

I still call it educational abuse. Just IMHO. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
55 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I had an part time keyholder at my store (hired by the previous manager) who (somehow) graduated from a legitimate bible college.  I saw his resume and it was exactly how I'd expect a Rod resume to be.  No way it was typed up as a Word Doc, the red and green squiggly lines everywhere would be BLINDING.  He spelled the same word 3 different ways, used lots of commas, and used bullet points as decoration/styling (his address at the top was in the form of bullet points for some weird reason).  

If the Rodlets ever decided to join the real world and get jobs alongside the rest of us, they'd have a hard time not only filling out an application, but getting thru an interview.  Looking at you, Sammers. (Not his fault, he was raised to be that way.)

Somehow, Timbits has been able to find gainful employment. He got a job in Washington all on his own. I can only imagine what his resume looks like. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Somehow, Timbits has been able to find gainful employment. He got a job in Washington all on his own. I can only imagine what his resume looks like. 

I bet it started with: hi this is Timothy Rodrigues!

• LOL 16