Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Thanks. I stand corrected about the sweatpants deets. I wonder if they were a thrift store find. 

The pants probably hadn't had time to make it to the thrift stores, so Jill likely found them on sale at Walmart. I curious if David exceeded the maximum size for the item, or if other people had bought them so his size was sold out. Frankly, I thought they were pretty ugly in person, and I can't see them as a fashion purchase.

The pants could have had a team's name on them, I suppose. The ones I saw were on a rack with no advertising, and I didn't see anything written on them. I didn't look for matching sweatshirts.

The pants didn't make it into Jill's social media again. She probably took them back to Walmart after her vacation to get a refund. 

• Like 4
On 4/28/2023 at 4:39 PM, ginger90 said:

The picture is a screenshot from a video.

865B2F47-37D3-418A-8F61-0B2962208742.jpeg

While here, he was able to find a lot of equipment to help him successfully care for my Mom.  🥰  Before they left, I did the "works" on my Mom.  Manicure. Pedicure. Hair coloring and washing. Bath. Etc.  She kept saying, "Honey, you don't have to keep fussing on me, you're so busy.  Thank you, darling, for all your hard work. Jillie, you're so sweet."  All of her praise was music to my ears and I would bend down by her face, give her a hug and whisper in her ear, "It is my pleasure ENTIRELY!"  What a JOY to serve my parents in this special way!  💖 .  😢. 😊💓

Is it too much for me to hope that what Ma REALLY said was “back off,  bitch! Neglectful bitch!”

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5

It’s really difficult to find baggy or loose fitting sweatsuits these days. I’m a relatively small person and I purposely buy men’s sweats in Large or XL. Even the small and medium sizes feel too tight and for some reason, all the women’s sweatshirts are crop tops! With that being said, I can believe Hunk’s pants are a 3X. What I don’t understand is why or how he even put them on once he saw how they fit. The only way I can imagine is him pointing his toe and rolling them up like pantyhose. But maybe he likes how they look. I’d personally like to see him wear them again, especially if there’s a matching top.

• LOL 18

In fairness to Hunk, he was wearing these rather awful pants inside a vacation home (the first and only time the house was offered to them, but I digress), so he shouldn't have had to worry about what he was wearing.

But!!! He's married to a woman who values and respects no one's privacy. That's how the image ended up on the internet for all to see. He knows what she does, so he should have checked himself in the mirror or, even better, told her to turn off her camera. 

But he didn't, so now his tie dye "leggings" are immortalized. I feel bad when Jill posts private photos of her mother, her sister Amy, her kids, her Amish neighbors, and random strangers, but not much with DBD because he could stop her and doesn't even bother to try. 

Yes. Bring on a video of Hunk in the leggings and the matching shirt, dancing  through a field of wildflowers to music from one of the Rods' CDs. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

It’s really difficult to find baggy or loose fitting sweatsuits these days. I’m a relatively small person and I purposely buy men’s sweats in Large or XL. Even the small and medium sizes feel too tight and for some reason, all the women’s sweatshirts are crop tops! With that being said, I can believe Hunk’s pants are a 3X. What I don’t understand is why or how he even put them on once he saw how they fit. The only way I can imagine is him pointing his toe and rolling them up like pantyhose. But maybe he likes how they look. I’d personally like to see him wear them again, especially if there’s a matching top.

There was a matching hoodie but who knows if HUNK owns it 

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
19 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I hate to give David anything close to a pass. But. His infamous "leggings" were IIRC a pair of sweatpants he was shown wearing while sitting in a recliner during evening family Bible time. They fit his legs so tightly they've gone down in our snark annals as leggings.

IIRC someone found and posted the product info from Walmart. They were sweat pants with I think some kind of sports team theme. @BradandJanet has the correct info: they were streaky tie-die. They were in the men's clothing department, so Jesus would have approved of the choice. If not the fit. 

I remember the infamous leggings photo because IMO it showed him looking - kind of swollen and not healthy. I'm not fat-shaming here and not speculating that he has any dire disease. But he's middle aged and just doesn't come across in photos as looking particularly fit or vigorous, which one CAN be while overweight. Much as he's not someone I admire or would ever want to meet, I hope I'm wrong and he has many normally functioning years ahead of him.

If he pops his clogs anytime in the near future, his family will be SOL. No way Jill alone can run the Rods' family missionary operation, because preaching can only be done by a male. David's the official missionary - or "evangelist" -  and Jill's his helpmeet. So I assume they'd be dropped from the missionary clearinghouse like a hot rock if David dies. Bad as I think things can be for the Rods, it could get worse if David's not there.  

No way would Jill stop the rolling circus if David died.  She would appoint Phillip to be the new evangelist, Sammers would drive the stink bus and life, as the Rods know it, would continue on.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Lest we forget this choice: 

7o93mn5netg71.thumb.jpg.813f902fee3d3b904e9b44f0951e1418.jpg

I just pray his shirt was long and covered what needed to be covered since these were so tight fitting.  Vacation or no vacation.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
On 4/29/2023 at 4:23 PM, Heathen said:

Mine were. Ten dollars. 

Did Kaylee make a gender/jender/sex announcement? 

I bought mine at the dollar store! Since I gave up contacts, my glasses darken with the sun. Progressive? 

1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

I just pray his shirt was long and covered what needed to be covered since these were so tight fitting.  Vacation or no vacation.  

Delightful, I am now picturing his "package". Hope that comment is allowed. 

• LOL 7

Dave looks like he's retaining hummingbird juice in that photo.  His ankles look a little swollen.  I will fully admit that if I saw those pants on clearance at Walmart, I would buy them for myself.  Men's sleep/lounge pants always come with pockets, and it's hard to find them in the women's counterparts.  

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
22 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Dave looks like he's retaining hummingbird juice in that photo.  His ankles look a little swollen.  I will fully admit that if I saw those pants on clearance at Walmart, I would buy them for myself.  Men's sleep/lounge pants always come with pockets, and it's hard to find them in the women's counterparts.  

I've noticed that, too!  My PJ's that I bought on clearance have no pockets, and I need pockets. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Delightful, I am now picturing his "package". Hope that comment is allowed. 

That’s funny. I was picturing that voluptuous backside. I’m sure it looks great.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5

I'm guessing one of her sisters told her it was in bad taste and demanded she remove it.  

I'm trying to think of a reason Jill included that deeply personal information about  her mother in the first place.   I suppose that she wanted to make sure everyone knew just what a burden she had been enduring so screw Ma's privacy and dignity. Jill needs to ramp up her martyr value so the whole world is gonna know she has had to deal with changing her mother's diaper.  She's just such an insensitive, self-centered bitch. 

Did she still leave her little passive-aggressive dig at her sisters in there?  She might as well have just said "maybe one day one of my useless sisters will step up to help Ma the way I have." Because that is what she meant.  Even though it actually sounds to me like the reality is that she exhausted her poor mother. "You don't have to do that" was Ma's gentle way of begging Jill to leave her the hell alone.  I bet she couldn't wait to get out of there!  

• Like 19
38 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm guessing one of her sisters told her it was in bad taste and demanded she remove it.  

I'm trying to think of a reason Jill included that deeply personal information about  her mother in the first place.   I suppose that she wanted to make sure everyone knew just what a burden she had been enduring so screw Ma's privacy and dignity. Jill needs to ramp up her martyr value so the whole world is gonna know she has had to deal with changing her mother's diaper.  She's just such an insensitive, self-centered bitch. 

Did she still leave her little passive-aggressive dig at her sisters in there?  She might as well have just said "maybe one day one of my useless sisters will step up to help Ma the way I have." Because that is what she meant.  Even though it actually sounds to me like the reality is that she exhausted her poor mother. "You don't have to do that" was Ma's gentle way of begging Jill to leave her the hell alone.  I bet she couldn't wait to get out of there!  

She should have been thanking Kaylee for doing most of the work, since Jill was out of town much of the time her mom stayed there. 

• Like 19
4 minutes ago, AstridM said:

She should have been thanking Kaylee for doing most of the work, since Jill was out of town much of the time her mom stayed there. 

Not gonna happen. Jill is revising history, erasing those six weeks she spent in Florida while Kaylee took care of Ma. She doesn't want to remind people of this desertion. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Not gonna happen. Jill is revising history, erasing those six weeks she spent in Florida while Kaylee took care of Ma. She doesn't want to remind people of this desertion. 

But… but… her SEVERE miscarriage happened in FL!

• Like 15
16 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

No way would Jill stop the rolling circus if David died.  She would appoint Phillip to be the new evangelist, Sammers would drive the stink bus and life, as the Rods know it, would continue on.

She could grift even more stuff and the monetary donations would probably double because of poor, sad Jill and her ragtag band of orphans.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

She could grift even more stuff and the monetary donations would probably double because of poor, sad Jill and her ragtag band of orphans.

She has what 3-4 little ones? The rest can get jobs/ marry off. I don’t think Jill will get that much $ in donations if Dave died.

Jill willlive with Nurie and maybe find a new hunky husband. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Good news a version of Dave’s sweatpant leggings are still available at Walmart for $9. Matching sweatshirt $12.50. 

Not the color he is wearing but other colors available. 

Still overpriced. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

Good news a version of Dave’s sweatpant leggings are still available at Walmart for $9. Matching sweatshirt $12.50. 

Not the color he is wearing but other colors available. 

It's another Jillism! We could make these things up all day long. 😂

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

I'm so happy to see that the other graduates of Joyful Noyes Academy hold their children to the same rigorous intellectual standards of analysis and performance that BME does (/s). Holy crap, that's a sucky poem. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
2 hours ago, satrunrose said:

I'm so happy to see that the other graduates of Joyful Noyes Academy hold their children to the same rigorous intellectual standards of analysis and performance that BME does (/s). Holy crap, that's a sucky poem. 

Even worse, Callista chose this poem from the poem book.  There's a collection of these sucky poems. I wonder if Jill's "Ode to Amy's Legs" made it into the book. I rather doubt it. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 9
(edited)

Jill’s an admin on the page. For some reason she replied under that instead of her own Facebook account. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I believe Jill created the page when Amy was in the car accident.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Jill wrote both comments 🤣

But wait. Who is Jill pretending to be when she wrote the first post, the reply, and then the reply to the reply? Is she pretending to be Amy?!😂

Because the original post is written in first person as if it’s coming from Amy. Then the “You’re ALL that and MORE…” reply is written as if it’s coming from Jill, but then the reply to “Jill’s” post is written as if it’s coming from Amy. But they’re all written by the same user. I’m cracking up!

• LOL 10

So Jill set up the Praying for Amy FB page after her accident, but Amy continues to post on it?  Is Amy not allowed to have her own FB account that Jill can't log into?  

It looks like Amy posted the poem and Jill replied, telling Amy how wonderful she is.  Then, after waiting the requisite 45 seconds for Amy to respond in kind to Jill, Jill took matters into her own hands and complimented herself as Amy.

Or, the entire page is Jill posting as Amy and using it as a way to further martyr herself by telling all of us how great she is.

This is all so weird and kind of gross.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Amy took over the page some time ago. The poem post is undoubtedly from her. Why Jill felt she had to post under the same account just shows people that she's still there!!!!11 Whether Amy replied or if Jill continued to blow her own horn is anyone's best guess. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 8
On 4/30/2023 at 5:54 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Same. She evidently listened to *somebody*. 

Will wonders never cease?

I can only dream of writing poetry with such winning lines as “poppin’ corn and makin’ candy.” Make that woman our Poet Laureate, stat!

• LOL 13