Type keyword(s) to search

Like Sand Through an Hourglass: Behind the Scenes of DOOL

Message added by Door County Cherry

The Behind The Scenes thread is not a spoiler thread.  So spoilers, including casting information, do not belong in here.  The "behind the scenes" information specifically related to casting should go in either the spoiler thread or the Salem International thread which discusses. departures and arrivals thread. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Not surprised. So much has happened that could have involved Sami already. They've got catching up to do.

The big question is whether or not they'll shoehorn in another round of Ejami. I really hope not.

It's short-term again, so probably not.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Am I the only one not quite jazzed about this?

I've lost all interest in Sami. She's pretty awful most of the time and I don't see what story they can tell with her to put her in a better light.

Lucas was trashed by their last storyline. If they want to have her back to repair some of the damage with him, ok, I'd be into that. I feel like that's needed even. (Is Bryan back?)

But if she's just bringing Sydney on canvas and starting shit with people, I'm not too excited. Nicole's gone, so the obvious drama that could be generated there is out. And it would be nice to know after 30 years that Sami has developed into something new and interesting.

AS can act....but we're waaaaay past Hurricane Sami still being fun, and her partnership with Kate is long past, and the EJami rollercoaster is (hopefully) over and done with...

...so is there any real benefit to her?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

AS can act....but we're waaaaay past Hurricane Sami still being fun, and her partnership with Kate is long past, and the EJami rollercoaster is (hopefully) over and done with...

...so is there any real benefit to her?

Nostalgia? Or the hope she'll bring along a few new viewers from her movies?

I guess the loyal audience has every right to be irritated when AS drops in, wreaks havoc and leaves but I would often drop back in when she did, so 🤷.  As long as Roman and Marlena are on the canvas, it makes sense story-wise that Sami would return occasionally. (I like that about DAYS, the way that they would have family members back for big occasions.)

Was that really the last time she was on, when Lucas went to prison for the abduction?  It's been awhile.  

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tessaray said:

Nostalgia? Or the hope she'll bring along a few new viewers from her movies?

I guess the loyal audience has every right to be irritated when AS drops in, wreaks havoc and leaves but I would often drop back in when she did, so 🤷.  As long as Roman and Marlena are on the canvas, it makes sense story-wise that Sami would return occasionally. (I like that about DAYS, the way that they would have family members back for big occasions.)

Was that really the last time she was on, when Lucas went to prison for the abduction?  It's been awhile.  

The last time we saw her she found out about EJ/Belle's one night stand/ Chad crashing Lucas/Sami's wedding and told Shawn before she left.  She pulled a Kelly Taylor in the end before she went and chose herself and tbh that's really a fitting ending for Sami as her love life was the least interesting thing about her. 

Sami should've returned for the Ericole/Sloan/EJ baby drama I'm not sure what would bring her back now unless she's ushering off EJ for a HEA(because the show could be ending)

The show doesn't care enough about Lucas to go through all this trouble and this show doesn't really care about EJ beyond Sami when it comes down to it. Nicole gave him a bit of a reprieve this past year but he was a standby for Eric(yet I found Ejole way better). I figured with the writing switch there are probably certain characters they want to write out and EJ seems ripe for the picking tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

It's sad. Dan has done good work. If any DiMeras need to be written out its Stefan and Kristen. Hopefully they keep that in mind.

Is there anything happening to suggest the show is ending though? Besides the usual dread, I mean?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Am I the only one not quite jazzed about this?

I've lost all interest in Sami. She's pretty awful most of the time and I don't see what story they can tell with her to put her in a better light.

I couldn't agree more.🥱

• Like 3
On 8/6/2024 at 4:57 PM, DisneyBoy said:

The big question is whether or not they'll shoehorn in another round of Ejami. I really hope not.

Dan's version of EJ has had chemistry with pretty much everyone EXCEPT for Sami. Yet I get the annoying feeling this show is leaving Ejami as the end-end game for when this show finally does end, which is why every relationship that EJ's Dan has had been a non-starter.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is there anything happening to suggest the show is ending though? Besides the usual dread, I mean?

There are always people claiming the show is gonna end every damn day lol.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I hold out hope - weak though it may be - that the show realizes Sami and Lucas have a longer history and less awful history compared to EJami and go there instead.

Because you're right, method, there was no chemistry between her and Dan.

AS says the storyline she came back for shocked her so...who knows.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

The show is in the Top 10 most watched shows every weekday on Peacock-- usually between numbers 5-10 (yesterday or the day before, it was #5). It falls off the Top 10 during the weekend but comes back on Monday.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's sad. Dan has done good work. If any DiMeras need to be written out its Stefan and Kristen. Hopefully they keep that in mind.

I guess for me it depends on the lawsuit and how that will end up. 

Ken owns the show so he can end it at any time is my concern this time around.

However Days has lasted longer than I expected go figure. Now GH I personally think is ending but they haven't announced it yet.

2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I remember when she left as Gwen and came back as Theresa so I'm expecting the reverse this time around until told otherwise.

• Like 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Now GH I personally think is ending but they haven't announced it yet.

I wouldn't be shocked. Even my mom who is a diehard GH fan in her late 70's seems to barely care about the show anymore. She keeps saying she can't stand Josslyn, lol. 

On 8/8/2024 at 11:35 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I hold out hope - weak though it may be - that the show realizes Sami and Lucas have a longer history and less awful history compared to EJami and go there instead.

Because you're right, method, there was no chemistry between her and Dan.

Yeah, that's kind of the punchline here- Dan's EJ has had really good chemistry with pretty much anyone else he's been paired with aside from Sami. I thought he was good with Belle and Nicole, and I think he has REALLY good hatesex chemistry with Ava, Sloan, and Camila's Gabi. (I'm not sure if he's going to spark with the new Gabi, but I'm positive he's going to try and ruin her for that latest stunt.) Hell, I was even kind of going "Maybe..." during that scene where EJ and Rafe were commiserating on that cliff, and I have NEVER vibed anything homoerotic with Rafe before! LOL Not even during the hot bisexual psycho male nanny storyline. LOL

I just don't think Ejami is ever going to work again without James Scott. I'm sorry, I mean the Whisper Within. Some couples can handle recasting but I don't think this one can.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I wouldn't be shocked. Even my mom who is a diehard GH fan in her late 70's seems to barely care about the show anymore. She keeps saying she can't stand Josslyn, lol. 

Yeah, that's kind of the punchline here- Dan's EJ has had really good chemistry with pretty much anyone else he's been paired with aside from Sami. I thought he was good with Belle and Nicole, and I think he has REALLY good hatesex chemistry with Ava, Sloan, and Camila's Gabi. (I'm not sure if he's going to spark with the new Gabi, but I'm positive he's going to try and ruin her for that latest stunt.) Hell, I was even kind of going "Maybe..." during that scene where EJ and Rafe were commiserating on that cliff, and I have NEVER vibed anything homoerotic with Rafe before! LOL Not even during the hot bisexual psycho male nanny storyline. LOL

I just don't think Ejami is ever going to work again without James Scott. I'm sorry, I mean the Whisper Within. Some couples can handle recasting but I don't think this one can.

I agree about EJ and EJ/Sami. I actually don't hate EJ I just don't want him paired with his rape victim. Plus I actually prefer his non Sami pairings so..

Whatever is causing Sami to return I rather Lucas not be involved beyond their children/grandchildren. I don't need him to be used and tossed aside yet again when they could just invest in another pairing for him. I really liked him with Sheryl (Jordan/Ben's friend) she genuinely wanted him and only him plus they had chemistry. Then they got rid of her and it's been downhill since.

As for GH all those returns and I just don't see those actors coming back unless it was a final send off.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I really liked him with Sheryl (Jordan/Ben's friend) she genuinely wanted him and only him plus they had chemistry. Then they got rid of her and it's been downhill since.

I have no recollection of Sheryl! Huh. She sounds great.

I never understood the attempts they made with Lucas dating Anne or Adrienne. Weird pairings.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I have no recollection of Sheryl! Huh. She sounds great.

I never understood the attempts they made with Lucas dating Anne or Adrienne. Weird pairings.

Jade Harlow played Sheryl she briefly worked at Titan at one point. Even Sami got along with her. Kate asked Lucas to get close to her for business reasons(she didn't trust her but I don't recall why) anyways Lucas was interested in her for real. Kate being the meddling mother she is didn't like it and told Sheryl what happened and had her transferred to Houston. 

I would've loved for her to return with a kid in tow(they slept together before she left town). 

Lucas/Sheryl would've been a lot better than what they threw at Lucas after she left. They could've been conflicted over Ben and Jordan. Clyde could've kidnapped their kid etc. Sheryl could've battled with Kate. I saw potential there but god forbid Lucas have a love interest that only wanted him.

• Like 7
(edited)

About Drake...

...is it just me or did he look okay when John came back from Greece...but now looks much thinner just a few short weeks after the return from Greece? Like maybe a month after?

I'm trying to understand if Drake lost a lot of weight as suddenly as he seemed to on TV...or if the shooting schedule meant he lost weight gradually because there was a big break in there somewhere, between the return from Greece and the return from...Chicago was it? Was there a holiday for the cast and crew?

I don't want to think he lost 50+ pounds over what amounts to maybe 18 shooting days :( If it was...2 months, half shooting half on break, that'd be a bit better.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

About Drake...

...is it just me or did he look okay when John came back from Greece...but now looks much thinner just a few short weeks after the return from Greece? Like maybe a month after?

I'm trying to understand if Drake lost a lot of weight as suddenly as he seemed to on TV...or if the shooting schedule meant he lost weight gradually because there was a big break in there somewhere, between the return from Greece and the return from...Chicago was it? Was there a holiday for the cast and crew?

I don't want to think he lost 50+ pounds over what amounts to maybe 18 shooting days :( If it was...2 months, half shooting half on break, that'd be a bit better.

I think you're more tuned in to his filming schedule than I am, but I noticed that drastic change the first time he appeared since he "went to Greece".  Something has happened, I don't know what, but John's appearance has definitely been affected.

I so hope, no matter what it is or was, that's he on the mend.

• Like 11

Oh I'm pretty oblivious to the shooting schedules but sometimes people on here know what's up.

I just couldn't get over how thin his legs were yesterday. Drake's always taken such care of himself. It looks like he's really gone through something.

Are there any recent pictures of him? I mean what we're seeing now was filmed...8 months ago? Maybe he's filled out again?

• Like 4