Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Kimmy Goes to a Party!

I loved Jaqueline "murdering" the robot and Titus helping her "get rid of the body."

That scene was great! 

I loved Titus saying that he faked his way into playing Gordon on Sesame Street for a bit.

• Love 3

Jacqueline's deranged, panicked scream of "Yuko went on vacation!" as she blatantly buried the robot and Titus ran past the crowd with an axe forced me to pause the episode, I was laughing so hard.

And agreed on Shame Puppet. My god.

• Love 4

Kimmy Tiara von Lobster is my new fake name. Ok, Katherine Tiara von Lobster. I love it so very much.

I am pretty sure a bucket of household glitter started out as two stray specks. That stuff multiplies and never goes away. As has been said, it is truly the herpes of the craft world. But the shoes turned out great!

• Love 3

Not the most Earth-shattering realization, but I thought it was interesting that they used what sounded like music from Sleeping Beauty when Titus was helping Kimmy get ready for the party, and I wondered if that was a nod to the fact that Carol Kane was in the Faerie Tale Theatre version of Sleeping Beauty, or just a coincidence.  (I also love that Titus has a gigantic container of "Household Glitter" lying around.)

• Love 4

Huh. I assumed it was a Cinderella soundalike cue, since so much of the rest of that plot referenced Cinderella. Also I have no idea what the Sleeping Beauty movie soundtrack sounds like.

• Love 2

Ellie Kemper rocked the hell out of those men's basketball shorts and bathroom rug. Just sayin'.

Titus and Jacqueline burying Yuko was golden. "We have to get rid of the body." "Are you having second thoughts, pal? Cuz there's room in here for you too." "YUKO RAN AWAY."

"Hey, Kimmy. 1996 called, it wants its clothes back." "Hey, Xan. 2090 called. You're dead and you wasted your time on Earth."

"Kimmy, elevator." "Jacqueline, refrigerator. What are we doing?"

• Love 4

As soon as I saw that the therapist was an attractive woman, I totally knew she would end up being the person that Julian was actually cheating on Jacqueline with.  Did like the pen coming back into play.  But all I was overshadowed by the Shame Puppet.  Shame Puppet is the best!

The montage of Titus using household items to create Kimmy the perfect party dress, was amazing.  Pretty sure he even used the chain from the top part of the toilet.  He definitely deserves a good brunch for all of that.

Yuko3000 is still alive and is gunning for revenge!

I'm just catching up on this show now and I love it. This episode was just another great one! Loved Titus giving Kimmy a makeover complete with vacuuming her hair straight.  I liked the Beekman guy too but I'm always distracted by anyone that shows up from Harper's Island (I miss that show). The powder idea was great! I'm trying to pace myself because I don't want the show to end. When can we expect the second season?

There's nothing on TV right now so I finally got a chance to catch up on this show.  I think I kind of resisted it and I'm not sure why but I'm glad I got over it.

This episode was very funny but my favorite moment as a child of the 90s? Not an exact quote but "[bravo] is the channel that shows operas, right?"  Because I remember when Bravo was the arts channel and not the real housewives channel.

Yes! I remember when Bravo used to show full length ballets instead of drunk middle aged women cat fighting. Ahhh, the good old days.

(I also love that Titus has a gigantic container of "Household Glitter" lying around.)

Not to be confused with the fancy glitter, the party glitter, the nightclub glitter, or the craft glitter!
  • Love 4