Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

How many layers of meta are they going to try to do here.

At this point, it really wouldn't surprise me if the series finale was Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, Sam, Mercedes and Artie moving out to LA to film a pilot for a musical TV show about a super diverse glee club of high school social outcasts.

• Love 2

It seems like that is what the season 5 finale is going to be.  At least that is what Rachel's story is going to be.  They are doing a TV show based on her life which is kind of what Glee is.  They will probably call it "Sing" like they did on "the New Normal."  i just really hope someone has the good taste not to extend the meta to Rachel falling for her co-star who plays her love interest.  I am not against Rachel moving forward but they should steer clear on it being meta about Lea/Cory.

Edited by camussie
On the verge of spending several months apart, Mercedes and Sam make a decision about their relationship

OMG! The drama! I'm not sure I can take it anymore.

UGH. This show.

Seriously? Sam/Merdeces have been reunited for THREE EPISODES, and they've been off-again/on-again since the get-go! Count me firmly in on the "DO NOT CARE" train.

Edited by ShadowDenizen
  • Love 2

I didn't think the writers could top the notion of Rachel getting her own show after a few weeks on Broadway, but...credit where it's due. I underestimated them. Rachel's show is not just for Rachel, it's about Rachel. 

Schools of sharks. They being jumped.

Edited by heyerchick

I am trying to think of the last decent story I think this show told and I think it was Finn's story from the time became involved in the Grease production until the time he brought the Glee club together in that court yard.  It went off the rails after that, in that he ended up taking a back seat to the adventures of Blaine/Sam and because of that became Will of seasons 2-4, but those few episode were a decent arc for him 

Even with that though, there was some big mis-steps.  I get that they wanted to show one of the graduates struggling to figure out their place in the world and I even thought Finn was the right graduate to tell that story through but just like they took Rachel's insta-success too far they took his downfall too far.  There was no need to have the guy who had shown to have an aptitude with mechanical things shooting himself out of the army.  It would have been  easy enough to give him an undiagnosed back injury from all of the times he had been sacked or if they wanted to go the comedy route, do as someone on Tumblr suggested - have him get hit by an army mail truck.    Of course the biggest misstep of all was not having the court yard triumph be the turning point in his story.  That should have led to him enrolling in college at the start on the spring semester (when the show started up again after the holiday hiatus) and still coaching ND on the side.

Anyway the point of all of this is that the writers don't seem to have  even decent, yet problematic, stories in them anymore and haven't for a long time.  By my estimate it has been since the first half of season 4 and even then they barely managed to eek out one decent story.

Edited by camussie

See I thought from Grease on was when it really started to go off the rails.   Finn's story was undeveloped even.  He helped one clubber and then not much else.   It also tottaly screwed up the spilt narrative and worst of all it was the start of Blam during that period.

So a few good Finn moments does not equate a good storyline or time period of glee, imo. 

This whole Tv thing it dumb. That is all I want to think about it.

I think those 4-5 episodes were actually a decent for him.  He supported both Unique and Ryder, managed to outwit Sue, pulled everyone together.  It wasn't good storytelling overall for the show but it was the last decent arc I feel like they managed to pull together for even one character.  They problem for his arc is that they didn't build on it.  The court yard should have been the turning point in his story - where he realizes he wants to do this as a profession and he decides to go to college and instead they had him right back in the choir room come January only with a smaller role, playing support to the adventures of Blaine/Sam.  They even cut a Will/Finn scene from "Swan Song" that seemed to be leading into him deciding to go to college so it makes me wonder if they were going there and decided not to

Either way that was the last time I felt like the creators managed to pull together something that wasn't bad wish fulfillment fanfiction, something written merely to get RM's rocks off, or some OTT meta those in charge considered clever.

Edited by camussie

This still (https://24.media.tumblr.com/5800cb320bdbaff1c3bb62d8f98bd558/tumblr_n4jrq4o93v1ql1znmo1_1280.jpg) from 5.18 The Back-Up Plan shows Rachel auditioning for her TV pilot. Look at the posters on the wall behind her. They're for shows FOX currently has on air. Apparently they think this is clever. Or meta as all get out. Or something. Sadly, I'm not smoking whatever they're smoking, and to me it just seems sad and a little desperate.

ETA: actually, I'm going to be more blunt. I think the show hasn't so much jumped the shark as disappeared up its own arsehole.

Edited by heyerchick
  • Love 4

I can't help but think that this Rachel TV project was one of the cast off ideas that were heralded as "revolutionary" back before Season 4 started. Ryan decided to go with New ND but back then there was spec he just might have everyone united in a reality TV show.

5x20: "A quirky Hollywood screenwriter begins to work on ideas for a series based on Rachel’s life, but her hip vision for the script leaves Rachel and the gang feeling nonplussed. Rachel and the gang are dismayed when all - except Brittany - are confused by what they read, prompting Rachel to try and influence some rewrites that more accurately depict who she is."

Of course, the screenwriter's idea may just be a cliffhanger that is dumped early in S6, a diversion that gives RM some time to figure out the SL to replace the one he had in mind with Finn. But suppose it's here and not queer. Just as "Funny Girl" was a major distortion of the real Fanny Brice, Rachel's attempt "to try and influence rewrites that more accurately depict who she is" suggests the possibility that the screenwriter (as Brittany's genius is able to intuit) may be up to something serious.

What if all of "the gang" got major roles in the series, but each (especially Rachel) had to play a character different in some significant way from what they currently imagine themselves to be? Then, in the course of having to adopt a fictional persona seemingly foreign to their "true" nature, each discovers layers, depths and, hence, possibilities in themselves and their lives that they had never before fully confronted. Taken to an extreme, the proposed series itself could be about actors making a TV series (which is why only Brittany, whose revolutionary paper on n-dimensional fractals has put her in lIne for the Fields Medal, got it) and "Glee" could either just BE the series or BE ABOUT the series. Like pretty much everything in the human drama, it's Shakespearean, with bits of Mozart, Chekhov, and Brecht thrown in for good measure. It's either GGs and Emmys all around, or cancellation by Thanksgiving. No matter, as long as I get one or two more of this:

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/83668660052

Edited by Higgs

5.20 extended summary: foxfast.com

Mary Halloran - a Hollywood screenwriter who is widely considered a genius - but whom some may politely describe as “quirky” - arrives in New York to tool a script for a potential network television series centered on Rachel’s life. While Rachel is initially quick to bow to Mary’s hip and industry savvy vision for the script, she and the gang are dismayed when all - except Brittany - are confused by what they read, prompting Rachel to try and influence some rewrites that more accurately depict who she is. As Mercedes prepares to launch her nationwide shopping-mall tour to promote her new CD, Sam finds himself on the verge of accomplishing one of his lifelong goals of appearing “almost naked on a city bus.” As the two contemplate spending the next several months apart, friends offer each of them relationship advice, prompting the couple to make a decision about their future. Meanwhile, Blaine continues to work on his showcase with June. While she promises him the event will launch his career in ways he never dreamed of, it will also require him to reveal a lie and break a promise he made to Kurt… something he may not be prepared to do.

CONCEPT: A quirky Hollywood screenwriter begins to work on ideas for a series based on Rachel’s life, but her hip vision for the script leaves Rachel and the gang feeling nonplussed. On the verge of spending several months apart, Mercedes and Sam make a decision about their relationship. As Blaine prepares to perform in his showcase, he is faced with a tough decision.

SPECIAL GUESTS:

SHIRLEY MACLAINE June Dolloway

AMBER RILEY Mercedes Jones

HEATHER MORRIS Brittany S. Pierce

PRODUCTION CREDITS:

Written by: MATTHEW HODGSON

Directed by: BRAD FALCHUK

People would be giving you shit for the Mary Fucking Sue of it all if this was the outline for your fanfiction, never mind a season finale.

On a personal note: don't hold back, Blaine! Think of your career! InstaSuperStardom awaits! Fuck off to LA and leave Kurt to NYADA, his lifelong dream and performing. *Please*

• Love 5
"Meanwhile, Blaine continues to work on his showcase with June. While she promises him the event will launch his career in ways he never dreamed of, it will also require him to reveal a lie and break a promise he made to Kurt… something he may not be prepared to do."

I can smell that one a mile away, he promised Kurt he wouldn't move out of New York for his career.

I'm wondering if Kurt refuses to follow him and that ensues a breakup.

Per the "Lie", not sure if Glee will go all the way and have Blaine pretend to be straight.

Glee's obsession with gays that pass as opposed to gays who can't pass is so freakingly creepy it's beyond surreal.  Ryan Murphy is so obviously  trying to compensate for getting the shit kicked out of him back in high school to present his perfect gay boy who passes.  (Anybody who actually  believes the effeminate Ryan "dated" high school jocks back in 70's Indiana and was "popular";  I have a Golden Gate bridge you can buy for five bucks.)

In the end, however, unlike Kurt, Blaine will suffer absolutely no consequences for being gay career wise and his "bravery " will be rewarded with being a gay celebrity superstar.

Edited by caracas1914

So TMZ and a couple of Glee spoiler blogs are saying Naya/Santana was written out of the season finale the night of April 15 due to some big blow up on set (although I am sure whatever happened was building for a long time before that) and because of that she won't be on the season finale, even though Brittany will be.  Also even before that there were no plans for her to be on the show in season 6. 

You know what my question is in all of this?  If they knew she wasn't coming back for season 6, and since they had already hastily, but effectively, written her out at the end of 513, why bring her back at all for 517-520?  They  wrapped up Brittany and Santana's story in 513 so it was dumb to bring her back for 4 episodes at the end of the season only to have to write her and Brittany out again in 520.  Now they are stuck with Brittany being there and Santana not being there and because of that they have stepped on Brittany/Santana's "into the sunset ending."  I am sure Brittany will say she is joining Santana somewhere but it won't pack the punch of them being together in their last shot like 513 did.

Actually I know why they did it.  Glee was obviously freaked out about the ratings and decided that whatever trouble may have come from Naya being back on set was worth the risk lest her absence cause ratings to tumble even further.  At least it was worth the risk until whatever happened on April 15.  

As for what this means going forward.  Surely Mercedes will be back as a series regular next season and either they will bring Tina back or cast a new girl in LA.  Frankly if they were smart, since they are doing a time jump, they would find some way to get Becca/Kitty to LA or wherever the main narrative is going to be.  She can dance (something Glee desperately needs right now), has a stage presence, and is a good actor.  

Edited by camussie

Actually I know why they did it.  Glee is  obviously freaked out about the ratings and decided that whatever trouble may have come from Naya being back on set was worth the risk.

So it's not worth the risk six weeks later?  Glee, you so dumb.  Better to write them both out in 100/101, then have this ridiculousness.  

And once again, what we really need is that tell-all book; the stuff that goes down in the background must be awesome...

What a mess.

Why do I have a feeling the last season will go down as a spectacularly failed gimmick like the last season of Roseanne? Can't someone pull the plug on this thing before the humiliation goes from amusing to just...sad?

• Love 1

Tab,  whatever happened in April must have been so bad that the folks at Glee decided Naya simply couldn't be on set for one more minute even though she was scheduled to be in the season finale including doing a song with Mercedes and Brittany.  That is why I doubt it is simply a feud between her and Lea (although I think there is probably some tensions there).  It has to be something more than that and it all came to a head that night in April.  

My biggest problem with Glee here is, if Naya wasn't supposed to be on season 6 anyway, it was dumb to bring her back for only 4 episodes after they wrote Santana out in the 100/101, no matter how freaked they were about the ratings.  

Edited by camussie

What ratings?

Seriously, Glee is now on average the lowest rated FOX show on the Sunday through Thursday schedule.

Anymore bleed and CW will surpass them in Demos.

Edited by caracas1914

Well that is my point exactly.  My guess is that they were rightfully wary about bringing Naya back, after some behind the scenes tensions forced them to hastily write her out in 514-516, but did so anyway because they were concerned ratings would fall even further without one of their more popular characters on the show.  Bringing her back didn't seem to help (at least in 517 and I would guess in 518 and 519 as well) but on the flip side her being gone didn't seem to hurt either as Glee has "stabilized" in the 0.9-1.1 range for demos (for now although I bet they fall further soon enough).  So basically they brought extra trouble on the set and stepped on a decent fan service wrap up for Santana's and Brittany's story all in some ratings gambit that had no effect at all.  

Really if they can't maintain even decent ratings, the very least they should do is try to tamp down on the on set drama especially after the year they have had.  Instead they once again made a dumbass decision because they just can't seem to admit it is all just bailing water out of a sinking ship now.  

Edited by camussie

They've alienated all their fanbases except for Blam and Rachel and subfan groups are all marginal at best. It's clear they are not going to recoup their ratings or their audience.

Naya leaving is a huge gap as far as one of their more interesting characters and better actors.

What a hot steaming pile of a mess.

• Love 1

camussie, i love Naya and would miss Santana, but I still agree completely with your point:  WHY, after writing Brittany and Santana out with such a satisfying ending for their fans, would they shoehorn Santana back in?  THAT'S why I want the tell all.  

As a Naya fan, I wish her the best and hope she's happier at the end of whatever it is that's going down.

caracas1914, I agree - I think Santana's snark will be sadly missed.  The rest of the characters are, frankly, too nice to deliver some of her comments.  Maybe Artie?  But it's not really in character for him, either.  (not that THAT would stop Glee) 

I think Kitty is the only one who could come close to having the same delivery but she doesn't have the history with the other characters.  Speaking of Becca Tobin/Kitty given that she is the same age as Dianna Agron, does anybody else wonder how she would have done in the role of Quinn?  I think she is a better actress, singer, and dancer so if I could substitute one of the old cast with someone in the new cast that is the switch I would have made.  

And once again, what we really need is that tell-all book; the stuff that goes down in the background must be awesome...

I am confident that an honest, no-holds-barred tell-all book would be light-years more interesting than anything there's been on the actual show. My long-held curiosity about the rumored incestuous inter-cast hookups would finally be satisfied (namely the issue of Whether Lea Michele and Dianna Agron Were Ever a Thing). Sigh. Maybe a bitter member of the core cast could pull a Dustin Diamond and write something in a few years.

Why do I have a feeling the last season will go down as a spectacularly failed gimmick like the last season of Roseanne?

Spectacular failure is one thing I can count on Glee to reliably deliver week after week, so I'd be surprised next season were anything but what you described.

If I remember right Santana originally was going to  say she had a plane ticket for Brittany to go to NY, nothing about a long vacation.  I think Naya was suspened for those 3 epsides, so they quickly fixed Pezberry and switchrd up Brittanna to go on a vaction to write her out.

I think season 6 was still up in the air for Naya maybe not full regular but a short arc to end her story.

Whatever happen on the 15th was just the last straw, casue something has been going on with Nay since at least Janurary.

Chris can certainly deliver on the snark, but they rarely let Kurt down off of that pedestal Murphy trapped him on. Or do much of anything these days, really.

Edited by heyerchick
  • Love 2

Hun.

Intersting; as a dedicated gossip-whore, I ty to keep up with TMZ and the other gossip (errr. "Entertainement News") shows.

And I hadn't heard about the latest blow-up with Naya.

But it seems like there's been quite a bit of juicy BTS stuff over the course of the show; I second the request for a Tell-All book.

Chris can certainly deliver on the snark, but they rarely let Kurt down off of that pedestal Murphy trapped him on. Or do much of anything these days, really.

Agreed. I miss snarky Kurt. Edited by indeed
namely the issue of Whether Lea Michele and Dianna Agron Were Ever a Thing

Wait, there are actually people who believe this? What the hell am I saying, there are people who think Darren and Chris are a thing and secretly madly in love even though you know, Darren's straight, they're both in relationships and more importantly those two come across as two people who simply work together and nothing more. 

You know, I'm not really superstitious or anything but it really does feel like Cory's death was like the beginning of a massive black cloud that just engulfed the show. Without question that whole "fire most of the cast and bring random newbies no one gives a shit about" hurt the show and Season 4 was by no means great or even really good. But there was still some kind of life, small as it was in the show. 

I don't even know what to call what's going on now. Cory died and I think a lot of fans who loved him and loved Finn checked out because it was probably just too weird and hard for them. And it's funny, I was never the biggest Finn fan but I really do think his character left a massive gaping hole in the show. And then I don't know maybe if that also affected the cast, understandably, they knew him personally but that's when they all just started to seem checked out. 

And now all this behind the scenes stuff with Naya and whether or not she and Lea hate each other. And then for whatever reason they've decided to stop even trying to pretend the show really isn't all about Rachel and seem to be pulling this "straight out of Lea's" life thing that yeah while great for her fans, what about the people who aren't in love with Rachel? I don't dislike Rachel but again, what exactly am I supposed to care about anymore with her? From NYADA to hit on Broadway to Hollywood - like what is there left to root for?

None of the characters are even a little interesting anymore, the Klaine fans who were once a formidable bunch have all but checked out, the comments about Chris and Darren seeming downright awkward and pained in scenes with each other are getting louder and louder on damn near every media tool, discussion forum, poor Kevin McHale, Amber Riley and Chord are kind of just there. It's just really all very sad. And yeah I've said it before but I can see Glee being used in some Film/TV Studies class years later as a case study of how the creators of a hit show can very quickly and epicly just fuck up their brand. 

Edited by truthaboutluv

Wait, there are actually people who believe this? What the hell am I saying, there are people who think Darren and Chris are a thing and secretly madly in love even though you know, Darren's straight, they're both in relationships and more importantly those two come across as two people who simply work together and nothing more. 

I ran across this blog with many followers who truely believe currently Lea and Dianna are in a  secret relationship.  They say they have like promise rings and  get excited whenever they wear  this ring.   They have a whole list of things that are "proof".  I kknw  crisscolfer fans are the same they say Chris's's bf is his asisstant.   Crazy scary stuff.

I think the show has been on a downward trajectory for quite a while but the real turning point, as far as it bottoming out in ratings, was the decision to extend the school year into season 5.  Finn being gone left a massive hole on the show, for sure, but I still contend the show would have reached these low ratings even with Finn on the show, just probably not quite as quickly.  As far as the hole Finn left, I think the show is sorely missing an "everyman/person" character and that type of character is needed to balance out the bigger personalities of characters like Rachel, Santana, Kurt, and Blaine.  They have tried to have Sam fill that role but I just don't think Chord has the chops to pull it off.

As for the hole Cory's passing left behind the scenes I agree that it seemed to drain what creative energy there was left, starting with the production team but now it seems to have bled over to the actors.  There also seems to  a lot more tension within the Glee team.  I don't necessarily believe that he was the grounding force among the cast (as has been said since his passing) or at least he wasn't to the degree they have said he was, but just from following the cast for years, my impression was that he was really loved among the production team (cast and crew) and hadn't really ever had a "feud" with any of them.  For example when Mark and Naya had their supposed nasty break-up (rumors are she keyed his car because he cheated) Cory still seemed to remain close to Mark and he and Naya continued on seemlessly with the AT&T store appearances they headlined in conjunction with the second tour.  

I also think Matt's reduced role on the show can't be ignored.  He seemed to be a "mentor" to many in the cast early on but he was gone for large chunks of season 4 and has been gone for the last 7 episodes of season 5 save for a few scenes in "Opening Night."  Essentially losing both Matt's and Cory's presence behind the scenes over the last two years had to have an effect.  

Edited by camussie

They seem like they literally have run out of ideas for the characters. At first I thought it very unlikely but I'm having the realization they might actually have Rachel do a TV show based on the Glee club.

It's almost as if everyone has checked out and are only physically present.

At first I thought it very unlikely but I'm having the realization they might actually have Rachel do a TV show based on the Glee club.

Oh if the spoiler pictures I've seen and those vague comments Murphy was making about the show not necessarily being in NY next season and the summary for the final episode is anything to go by, they are DEFINITELY having Rachel move to LA to do a show based on Glee Club. I imagine they'll call in Sing per The New Normal. 

Pretty much...

I kknw  crisscolfer fans are the same they say Chris's's bf is his asisstant.

In fairness about the assistant thing, I stumbled on a conversation about Chris a month or so ago and didn't realize people were being sarcastic and really thought his boyfriend was his boyfriend/assistant. What convinced me they were being serious were screen caps posted of his boyfriend being an extra in a few Kurt/Blaine NYADA scenes and shots of him walking behind Chris while on set from one location spot to another. It just seemed kind of strange for him to be there that much. So I foolishly thought the comments were serious and the sarcasm went right over my head until some literally spelled out that no, his boyfriend is just his boyfriend, no assistant added in. 

Well what I got from the conversation was that nutty shippers were calling him that at first when they didn't want to accept that Chris had a boyfriend so it was an excuse for why there was this guy hanging around him so much. But then some people started stating he was both - Chris' boyfriend and his assistant - because he seemed to be literally everywhere. And that's where I got confused because for a moment I thought that was the case and I even started thinking that that probably wasn't wise in terms of power imbalance, etc. Until someone said that no, he apparently has a separate job and he's just Chris' boyfriend, period. 

And then for whatever reason they've decided to stop even trying to pretend the show really isn't all about Rachel and seem to be pulling this "straight out of Lea's" life thing that yeah while great for her fans, what about the people who aren't in love with Rachel? I don't dislike Rachel but again, what exactly am I supposed to care about anymore with her? From NYADA to hit on Broadway to Hollywood - like what is there left to root for?

This is the problem for me.  Who cares?   Maybe they think they're doing a (literal) remake of 'How to Succeed in (Show) Business Without Even Trying.'  (And YES, I know Rachel has been preparing all her life, so it's not really 'without even trying' but since Funny Girl, everything has seemed to come too easily.)

I have no idea where I got this idea, but in reading Ryan's comments about Season 6, I got the idea it would be based in LA, but that the season would be a series of mini-arcs, where people came in for an episode or two and wrapped up their characters.  Especially when Ryan seemed to include the newbies in that discussion.

Finally, one last lament:  WIth no Naya, that means the planned Naya/Amber (plus Heather, I think?) song is off, which is too bad.  I love their voices together. I'm really enjoying the Lauryn Hill remix for the upcoming ep.

• Love 1

Promo for 5.19 is here.  I'll give Chris this, it looks like he managed to pack more fun into one episode than the past two seasons combined. Adorable old people, cute fuzzy dogs, flying and puppies for everyone :)

Also: remember when Glee was dark? And darkly funny? Chris does.

#TakeInTheMagic

#DebbyIsDeadFolks

Fantastic :)

Edited by heyerchick
  • Love 1
(edited)

“There are some different things that I didn’t see coming [in the Glee season 5 finale].”

— Kevin McHale (E! Spoiler Chat)

I seriously doubt it.

You know if this was another show that had genuine balls and cared for Kurt as a character, they could easily set up a situation, that being human and hungry for success, Kurt does a Faustian pact to not say he's gay, or pretend he's straight, in order to secure a dream role for whatever contrived reason they could whip up.. Shit, just  say Burt needs a major operation and Kurt is offered $$$$$$, whatever it takes...

Sure it would put Kurt initially in a bad but FLAWED HUMAN light, and more importantly, Chris would act the living daylights of such a scenario, (could be played for both comedy and drama)  but of course we are talking Glee where (a) the Showrunners are no longer interested in highlighting Chris/Kurt as the actual lead in a multi episode arc SL, and (b) Murphy has pigenoholed him into always taking the "high road" because of his own hangups.

So instead we'll get SL's where Rachel and Blaine get mega success and Sam whips off his shirt as a successful model and Mercedes deals with the pitfalls of being a recording star.

Edited by caracas1914
namely the issue of Whether Lea Michele and Dianna Agron Were Ever a Thing

Wait, there are actually people who believe this?

Ohhhh you have no idea. It's practically a religion to these people. 99% of what they say is insane (like they're in a secret relationship as we speak), but honestly if you take a look at early-era Glee cast pics and candids, LM and DA do not act like straight pals. They're constantly wrapped around each other, pelvises pressed against each other for no reason, holding hands, eyesexing, just weirdly touchy-feely. And then, all of nowhere, Dianna moves out of their apartment and they cease all communication on social media and there are almost no pics of the two of them together. Like I said, I would want to know if anything ever happened between them.

Also, I'd want to know if Cory and Lea were a PRomance (I think they were). Sigh, I want that bitter tell-all book.

They seem like they literally have run out of ideas for the characters. At first I thought it very unlikely but I'm having the realization they might actually have Rachel do a TV show based on the Glee club.

That's exactly how it feels. I think the problem is one of "does anyone give a shit about what happens next?". Like, does anyone care about the scorching passion of Sam and Mercedes? Or Blaine's career success? Or Artie sleeping around? Or...well, anything? I may be projecting too much here.

(edited)
Ohhhh you have no idea. It's practically a religion to these people. 99% of what they say is insane (like they're in a secret relationship as we speak), but honestly if you take a look at early-era Glee cast pics and candids, LM and DA do not act like straight pals. They're constantly wrapped around each other, pelvises pressed against each other for no reason, holding hands, eyesexing, just weirdly touchy-feely. And then, all of nowhere, Dianna moves out of their apartment and they cease all communication on social media and there are almost no pics of the two of them together. Like I said, I would want to know if anything ever happened between them.

Still sounds like seeing what one wants to see, imo. As for Lea and Cory, I barely paid attention to the Glee cast in the show's early seasons and even I knew there were rumors about Lea and Cory possibly hooking up when she was still with that Todd guy (or was it Toby…can't remember).

Basically after being a part of fandoms where I've seen shipping dramas become out of control, i have learned one very valuable thing - anyone can see anything if they want to badly enough. I'll give a perfect recent example. The show Twisted (which sucks and is likely cancelled so fine if no one's heard of it) had the pairing Lacey and Danny which became fairly popular with the fans and of course some started shipping the actors even though Kylie who played Lacey was openly dating another cast member on the show. 

I saw people spin so many things that was just absolute proof of this undying passion Kylie and Avan (who played Danny) secretly had for each other. My favorite was when she started wearing a necklace with the initial A. They were all convinced that she was being coy and being subtle because you wouldn't know who exactly she was referring to because Avan's name started with A. Well yes, but there was the fact that her boyfriend's name is Ashton and the only people who saw any subtlety were nutters who wanted to believe she was secretly dating Avan.

That's exactly how it feels. I think the problem is one of "does anyone give a shit about what happens next?". Like, does anyone care about the scorching passion of Sam and Mercedes? Or Blaine's career success? Or Artie sleeping around? Or...well, anything? I may be projecting too much here.

Nah, if the ratings are anything to go by, I'd say you're right on no one really giving a shit about any of it anymore. Glee is going to go out like Gossip Girl did. The 100 poor, possibly masochistic fans still sticking around to the end.

Edited by truthaboutluv
(edited)
Still sounds like seeing what one wants to see, imo. As for Lea and Cory, I barely paid attention to the Glee cast in the show's early seasons and even I knew there were rumors about Lea and Cory possibly hooking up when she was still with that Todd guy (or was it Toby…can't remember).

Agreed.  I never saw anything between Lea and Dianna beyond friendship.  As far as Lea & Cory she said they had a short fling at the beginning (remember the pilot was shot back in September 2008).  Then she dated Theo Stockman for a couple of years and then soon after that break up she and Cory start dating (around fall of 2011).  There were always rumors about the first fling but it was never confirmed until an interview she gave after his passing.  

As far as it being a PR relationship I think that is also people seeing what they want to see, perhaps because antipathy about Finn/Rachel bleeding over to their perceptions of Cory/Lea.  They were together almost two years when he passed.  Before they dated they  seemed to be close and incredibly supportive of each other.  From the beginning there were rumors swirling of them being in a romance, which I pretty much chalked up to shipper bleed, but apparently, not all of it was shipper bleed.  That is if Lea was telling the truth about their short lived fling back in the early days of Glee and there is no reason to assume she isn't.   The only real question is was there some hanky panky between the fling and the relationship even though she was with someone else?  Honestly it wouldn't surprise me considering the long hours on set as well as two jam-packed tours. Then again maybe there wasn't.  

As far as a bitter-tell all book I actually don't think a lot of it will be that interesting unless it goes into a tell-all about how RM runs a show.  A lot of the on-set romances are known.  

• Naya/Mark dated.  He supposedly cheated.  She keyed his car
  • Naya/Matthew Hodgson (one of the writers) dated for a couple of years
  • Kevin/Jenna and Kevin/Vanessa (Sugar) both supposedly dated but parted amicably
  • Lea/Cory dated

The rest seems like shipper fantasies and anything that didn't confirm those fantasies would be considered lies.   Now if someone wants to get into how RM worked out both his childhood issues and his petty vendettas through how he ran the show that would be a great tell-all.  

Edited by camussie
, but honestly if you take a look at early-era Glee cast pics and candids, LM and DA do not act like straight pals. They're constantly wrapped around each other, pelvises pressed against each other for no reason, holding hands, eyesexing, just weirdly touchy-feely. And then, all of nowhere, Dianna moves out of their apartment and they cease all communication on social media and there are almost no pics of the two of them together. Like I said, I would want to know if anything ever happened between them.

Sorry but ...   They were all huggers and you can see Lea hugging other people and Dianna hugging other and they were all touchy feely.

And  Dianna and Lea lived together for hardly 6 months she move out in Sept 2009. Bascially unitl they knew glee was goingot be picked up.  Dianna balscialy move in with Lea casue she lived close to  the sudio and where she was living was a far drive.   They had plenty of interaction  after they  got thier own places. 

Less social media  interaction didn't  really happen  until the spring of 2012.    Then Dianna was basicaly off glee so less interaction rght there.

Friendships ebb and flow when glee first happened they were each other best friends some of them like Lea didn't know many people in LA and as much as they worked they prety mcuh had moslty each other to hang out with.

Now they all have they a own circles of friends and most of them don't even work together any more. 

Here's hoping one of the last scenes of Season 5 is Kurt telling Blaine that until he can trust him, until Blaine treats Kurt with real respect and the honesty he was asked for, Kurt can't be with him.

(edited)

God,  both literally and figuratively, in the BTS video for the Chris Colfer episode  Darren is a "mini me". 

Did love both Chords and Kevin's limited contributions. 

Edited by caracas1914

Here's hoping one of the last scenes of Season 5 is Kurt telling Blaine that until he can trust him, until Blaine treats Kurt with real respect and the honesty he was asked for, Kurt can't be with him.

Since they are fictional characters, with no will or existence of their own, they will do only what the scriptwriters intend them to do. And I don't see what the writers have put in recent episodes that would make Blaine's behaviour so objectionable. Sure he is facing a test with the shiny diamond June is displaying before his eyes, but that sort of moral dilemma is frequently the stuff of scripted stories to propel the story forward; it still has to play out. It's just a story, we'll roll with it.

As for the BTS video, I doubt that one or two admiring jokes (which not everyone will find unfunny) and a mention of the writer's personality shining through qualifies as talking mainly about one's own extraordinary achievements, especially not "at length"  Everybody, including CC himself as a matter of fact, spends the whole video describing or praising his work on the episode. I therefore find no reason to muster up outrage, even of the manufactured kind, for this alleged offence; indignation is not such a devalued currency these days that it should be called up on such flimsy motives.

• Love 1

jokes (which not everyone will find unfunny)

Darren Criss:  telling jokes that not everyone will find unfunny.  The self-professed jokester oughta print up business cards or something.