Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Question: “Klaine” scoop, please! They’re my favorite Glee couple and I miss them. —Roxy

Ausiello: This may or may not support the theory that Kurt and Blaine will be joining confirmed plunge-takers Brittany and Santana down the aisle in Season 6, but the show is finally introducing Blaine’s MIA mom in Episode 8. Little is known about the matriarch, save for the fact that she makes her living shilling Mary Kat cosmetics and her name is — LOL — Pam Anderson. Casting is underway, which makes me think the real Pam Anderson wasn’t available?  http://tvline.com/2014/11/26/greys-anatomy-transgender-storyline-season-11-travis-spoilers/

Much rather see Mercedes or Tina's family.  But of course more  Blaine.

• Love 3

I take it that Mercedes and Tina was delivered by one of the storks that Brittany believed in. How is this possible that we have met at least both or at least one of each of the original cast members parents and even the grandparent and mother of one cast member but we can't get one glimpse of Mercedes or Tina's. This show continues to get it so wrong! Wow we need even more of Blaine taking up screen time said NO ONE ever!

• Love 1

Well the rumored spoiler getting some traction (and a grain of salt) from semi reliable sources is that there will be a Klaine/Brittana double wedding in episode 8 with  Burt the Officiating

You gotta hand it to them:

Everytime we think spoilers can't possible get any worse and we must have seen it all with the Glee writers they manage to sink to an even deeper low.

A double gay wedding of Brittana and Klaine really makes no sense at all. But who cares as long as it might possible cause a last, tiny blip on Glee's lifeline when it comes to media attention, right?

And the episode right after Beiste's gender change too: makes you fear of what they will concoct next to get some WTF whiplash surprises for episodes 6x09-6x13.

Was Ryan Murphy raised in a bubble where teenage soul mates get a free pass to early marriages as long as they're gay? So instead of a shotgun Klaine engagement we now get a shotgun Klaine wedding once Blaine breaks off living with Karofsky. And let's have Burt officiate, because after all they're just two whacky kids in love and the Burt who thought they were much too young is sooo Season 4.

To be positive - this is only a rumor right? This hasn't come from any filming spoilers or the actors' social media or any reliable source right? Then for now I choose to stay in denial and believe this is a wacky rumor started by a crazy Klaine shipper who hopes that's what happens. Yes, I will ignore that it is the kind of stupidity RIB would do but until confirmation, I'll choose to take it with a grain of salt.

To be positive - this is only a rumor right? This hasn't come from any filming spoilers or the actors' social media or any reliable source right? Then for now I choose to stay in denial and believe this is a wacky rumor started by a crazy Klaine shipper who hopes that's what happens. Yes, I will ignore that it is the kind of stupidity RIB would do but until confirmation, I'll choose to take it with a grain of salt.

As reliable as we are getting now days.  Plus Joaquin the DP did his obligatory don't worry about spoilers deal he does ever time a spoiler is leaked.

And a Klainer would be kicked out of the club for wanting this, I mean Klaine deserves a two part special for their wedding not share with Brittana of all couples.

Beside Kurt being chained to Blaine and it being totally illogical, I like this spoiler it gets the wedding nonsense out of the way.   

Edited by tom87

What is it with these writers and their pro teenage marriage storylines? It would make far more sense if they'd jumped ahead 5 years or so. We could have an extended "here's what you missed on Glee" montage of flashbacks as to the highlights/low points of the individual glee club members lives during those five years leading up to where they are now as adults who have lived a little.

I normally don't ship anyone (my St.Berry ship being the sole exception of any TV show ever) but Glee sure managed to rapidly turn me into an anti-shipper re: Klaine and Finchel. I hated having their toxic relationships shoved down our throats as supposedly healthy, romantic, endgames. I guess with Finn's death they're now really pushing the Brittana and Klaine endgames. Blech!

Edited by Casual Viewing

Considering that the Klaine wedding was supposed to be the crown jewel of this season as far as storylines go (and I don't think that anyone as deluding themselves into thinking that the show would allow Kurt to exit the show a free man), it makes little sense for them to blow their wad just over halfway through the season. Especially with Blaine living with Karofsky until at least episode 5.

If I thought that there was some logic behind this, I might think that they were trying to accommodate Chris to allow him time away to work on his preparations for the biopic that he's filming after Glee ends. Depending on the exact start date of production, Chris might need time for costume fittings and working with the diction coach. If he needs to leave Glee earlier than planned (or at least cut down on his on-screen time), then the show would have to give him the big finale and exit early on. But then again, this is the same show that decided that giving Rachel her career moment of glory early on was a good idea, and then yanking it away when it was clear that there was no place to go for her storyline than down and they had more screen time to fill. It's probably just going to be chalked up to more of Glee's incompetent storytelling and episode pacing.

• Love 1
What is it with these writers and their pro teenage marriage storylines? 

They seem to be only pro gay teenage marriage because with every turn in the Finn/Rachel engagement storyline they were very clear to paint it as a mistake. Finn asked because he felt lost after what happened to his dad.  Rachel accepted because she thought she wouldn't get into NYADA.   Kurt, the wise, was very much against it.  As was Burt the wonder parent.  They couldn't have been more clear that this was a mistake for both Finn and Rachel

All of that said i am very skeptical about this Blaine/Kurt marriage spoiler in episode 8.  I could see by the end of the series but not by episode 8.

I normally don't ship anyone (my St.Berry ship being the sole exception of any TV show ever) but Glee sure managed to rapidly turn me into an anti-shipper re: Klaine and Finchel

Responding on the fandom thread

Edited by camussie

I think some may still be teenagers though,  depending on the time frame.

For example Rachel who was a year ahead of Blaine  is still  19 .  They have her bday as Dec 1994.

So if they start up at the beginning of the school year (2014-2015) the time-line will be fall 2014.    So if she is older than Blaine he may still be 19.

Edited by tom87

I think some may still be teenagers though,  depending on the time frame.

For example Rachel who was a year ahead of Blaine  is still  19 .  They have her bday as Dec 1994.

So if they start up at the beginning of the school year (2014-2015) the time-line will be fall 2014.    So if she is older than Blaine he may still be 19.

I don't care about age as much - but the maturity levels of some characters leave a lot to be desired. Blaine especially has not been shown to be able to handle a mature adult dating relationship, let alone a marriage. 

• Love 2

I don't care about age as much - but the maturity levels of some characters leave a lot to be desired. Blaine especially has not been shown to be able to handle a mature adult dating relationship, let alone a marriage. 

Oh I know.  I just find the timeline amusing.

I think Blaine and Brittany are two of the most immature characters  and they are both marrying.    Blaine goes without saying and Brittany can have moments of maturity but then on the other hand she can't figure out  how to get out of a airport.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1
I think Blaine and Brittany are two of the most immature characters  and they are both marrying.    Blaine goes without saying and Brittany can have moments of maturity but then on the other hand she can't figure out  how to get out of a airport.

I agree that both B's are immature. However, that never stopped anyone from getting married in real life either. For me, the issue is the degree of writers' obsession with the barely out of teen years marriage, so that they have roped in not two, but at least 8 of their main characters into such SLs so far: Finchel, Klaine, Brittana, I'm also adding Samcedes and Bram - and those are the known ones, we don't know what's happening with Quinn/Puck and apparently Tina/Mike. And this is coupled with obsession with "event episodes", like before the three breakups episode, now two gay marriages following the Beiste retcon trans episode. Talk about overkill in every department.

• Love 2

I think that once the cast graduated the writers started functionally treating them like the characters are closer to the age of the actors who play them.

Edited by SeanC

I think that once the cast graduated the writers started functionally treating them like the characters are closer to the age of the actors who play them.

Really I though Blaine got  more immature each episode after he graduated. 

• Love 5

For me, the issue is the degree of writers' obsession with the barely out of teen years marriage, so that they have roped in not two, but at least 8 of their main characters into such SLs so far.

This, to me, is also a manifestation of what may be the show's original problem, which is that the writers seemed to conceive of Glee as a show about down and out underdogs from the heartland, but couldn't ever sell it. One thing that was great about first season Glee was that these kids weren't the typical upper-middle class coastal types you so often see on TV. Sure, Rachel and her interracial gay dads seemed imported from elsewhere, but otherwise, we seemed situated in a more working-class, conservative culture. Kurt's auto mechanic Dad wasn't immediately ready to march in a Pride Parade, and was uncomfortable with his not typically masculine son. Finn had lost a father in combat, and also came from a clearly blue collar background. Quinn's pregnancy storyline was steeped in a brand of Christianity more common in certain parts of the country than others; certainly,  I doubt many Northeastern high schools have chastity clubs. Heck, in the first episode, Finn established that Lima was a dead-end town where most kids weren't going to college or even leaving the area. 

The more we learned about these characters and their worlds, however, the less credible this seemed. Most of the Glee kids seemed to come from pretty comfortable, stable families. Blue-collar Burt and Carole magically had the funds to send Kurt to a ritzy private school. The price of college barely registered as an issue. Let's not even talk about Burt becoming a freaking US congressman, or the fact that nearly all of the Glee kids wound up either pursuing performing arts or entertainment careers with at least some success, or heading off to elite schools (including Britney). Even Sam, whose family was homeless, seemed to have no trouble picking up and moving whenever he wanted to; they were a family down on their luck, not, apparently, members of a perpetually underprivileged class.

The notion of all these kids marrying their high school sweethearts young comes from the show Glee sometimes still wants to be, but isn't. In Friday Night Lights, which actually was a show about small-town kids trying to make it, it made sense that there were a few plots involving seventeen to twenty year old characters either marrying or seriously considering it. But that doesn't remotely fit with the lifestyle the Glee kids are pursuing. And even in FNL, only one high-school couple actually ended the series by getting engaged. Jason got married as a teen, but not to his HS sweetheart, and Tim and Tyra, who had not been a primary canon pairing during the show, simply left it open as a possibility if their life paths wound up intersecting after Tyra finished her education. 

• Love 4

Episode 9 is called 2009 and will have a cameo from Dijon Tate aka Matt Rutherford.  

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/104116745436/dijontalton-guess-whose-back-for-a-cameo-glee

Just read that ONTD is confirming through some of their reliable sources that episode 6x08 "The Wedding" will indeed be a double wedding. How that happens with Blaine and Kurt still not confronting some of the problems in their relationship by episode 4 but are ready to jump into marriage by episode 8 can only be explained again as laziness and stupidity on the part of the damn writers of this show! http://ontd-glee.livejournal.com/

• Love 1

The notion of all these kids marrying their high school sweethearts young comes from the show Glee sometimes still wants to be, but isn't. In Friday Night Lights, which actually was a show about small-town kids trying to make it, it made sense that there were a few plots involving seventeen to twenty year old characters either marrying or seriously considering it. But that doesn't remotely fit with the lifestyle the Glee kids are pursuing. And even in FNL, only one high-school couple actually ended the series by getting engaged. Jason got married as a teen, but not to his HS sweetheart, and Tim and Tyra, who had not been a primary canon pairing during the show, simply left it open as a possibility if their life paths wound up intersecting after Tyra finished her education. 

I think that's a fairly sophisticated explanation, but there's a simpler one, and one that's common to many TV shows with similar settings:  Glee wants its characters' high school romances to really matter, so they have to last, even though for most people they don't.  Rachel and Finn, to cite the most obvious example (though one that obviously won't be working out due to intervening considerations).

Also, while Burt was always blue collar, money was never a problem for him, even in the first season -- he bought his son an SUV.

• Love 1

Cool that Matt Rutherford is coming back.  I wonder if this is flashing back to 2009 in some fashion.  If that is the case I wonder if they will just ignore Finn like they did in PUC.  While I thought the content of PUC Christmas was fun it left a bad taste in my mouth to set it at a time when Finn was alive and pretty much leading New Directions while completely ignoring his existence.  I don't even know how they could do an origin episode while excluding Finn from it even if that origin episode just focused on the original 5.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

If someone had told me that in Glee's final season, where they only had 13 episodes to conclude these characters' stories, Dave freaking Karofsky would be around to suck up so much screentime, I would have just laughed because surely not even RIB could be that clueless. I was wrong. Seriously, I would have taken seeing Marly again or hell that guy whose name I never even learned but just knew as other blonde guy who isn't Sam.

• Love 1

I think Blonde guy was actually a brunette, if it's the guy who had dyslexia, was catfished and was revealed to be sexually abused all in a single season in a vain effort to make him interesting.

As to Marley, let Glee become the Dave Karofsky show before her blubbering simpering mess becomes a lead once more, aka the ingenue whose model never came with a spine.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Also, while Burt was always blue collar, money was never a problem for him, even in the first season -- he bought his son an SUV.

As with so many things on Glee, it's a case of wanting to have one's cake and eat it too. Whenever the plot required Burt to be well-off, he was; when it didn't, he wasn't. He became a freaking US congressman (I'm still laughing at that development though I love Burt) yet continued to look and act as if he was still just the bodyshop owner. 

If someone had told me that in Glee's final season, where they only had 13 episodes to conclude these characters' stories, Dave freaking Karofsky would be around to suck up so much screentime, I would have just laughed because surely not even RIB could be that clueless.

If you haven't heard, Ryan is writing S6 to the fans' wishes <sarcasm>

Edited by fakeempress

Well, this fan wished for a significant enough time jump for the last season and for Kurt (and possibly Blaine since he actually showed some interest in politics by more than once treating the idea of marriage to Kurt like a political statement) to actually be involved in his dad's political life. Then Blaine and Kurt could've done a cute little duet of the Schoolhouse Rock "How a Bill Becomes a Law"/"I'm Just a Bill". LOL But nope. Forced drama with yet another breakup and a trip back to Lima for just about every "old" regular must be what all of the other fans (in RM's head) want. Could've tied in nicely with what this season is supposed to be about--arts and education. Oh well. Maybe that could happen in the remaining episodes... (Not holding breath.)

At this point, I would've found it more in keeping with the "wackiness" of the show for Sue as principal to find out that a few people didn't actually graduate based on a technicality and THAT is why they're back in school. Hey, why not? LOL I can just see Tina now finding out...

• Love 1

“I did do two episodes of Glee this time around. In one of them, you know, there was an attempt to reconciliation, very beautiful episode. The second one is the one that I’m still doing right now.

I think this is a good opportunity to show the humanity of my character also. And it’s two good episodes for my interaction with my granddaughter and myself as a grandmother. It was great working with Naya and Heather. I’m also working with Jane Lynch.”

—   Ivonne Coll (via fyeahgleeclub)

So, seems logical that Ivonne's second episode means she's back for the wedding.  But *why* is she working with Jane Lynch?  I'm guessing maybe that's where the 'wacky' portion of the wedding spoilers comes into play...

I agree that I don't know how they'll successfully pull off a flashback episode without Finn. They may try to pull it off, but it'll end quite horribly. Finn was the anchor, along with Will and Rachel, for the first season. Without Finn, Glee Club would have crashed and burned. I'm glad they're bringing back the forgotten Matt Rutherford and others, but I hate that it'll be some flashback episode. Now, on the other chance that it's NOT a flashback episode, and it's more just a reunion episode with some flashbacks here and there, then fine, it's a tiny bit better. But honestly, why flash back to the best years on the show without Cory being able to be here for it? It's not like doing this episode will make old viewers return. If anything, it'll make them more sad/angry at the show. 

Also, I've avoided saying anything about the spoilers that have been pouring in for this last season, but I can't anymore. I like Max Adler, but David Karofsky should never, ever, ever return to this show, especially not for this last season. Ever. He's the reason we have Klaine. Ok, just kidding...partially. But Karofsky WAS the first major sore spot for me of the series. I may be in the minority who liked that season 2 episode, Furt, but it doesn't mean the Karofsky storyline didn't stink. Brittana and Klaine marrying? Yeah, no. I never pictured Kurt as the type to marry so young, and I never pictured Santana as the one to settle down so quickly either. Now Finchel, I would have bought, especially during their engagement storyline, if only because Rachel has always had a vision of her future and I could see her wanting to be as successful as possible, family and all, at a young age. Sadly, that didn't work out. But the other couples on this show? Um, no. 

There's now a 'Here's where we left off' video for Glee season 5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOqThCiSPRk).

Based solely on who was considered important enough to give a recap, then Glee Season 6 is focused on Rachel, Blaine, Will, Mercedes and Sam, who appear in that order and recap for the audience 'where they left off'.  The only surprise for me is Kurt - not sure why he didn't get a recap.  

Mercedes is a little surprising to me, too.  We know that Amber Riley is a regular this season, but have heard very little about her story AND I got the impression she hasn't actually been in that many episodes so far.  

ETA:  Just realized Artie is missing as well.  

Edited by tab19

There's now a 'Here's where we left off' video for Glee season 5 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOqThCiSPRk).

Based solely on who was considered important enough to give a recap, then Glee Season 6 is focused on Rachel, Blaine, Will, Mercedes and Sam, who appear in that order and recap for the audience 'where they left off'.  The only surprise for me is Kurt - not sure why he didn't get a recap.  

Mercedes is a little surprising to me, too.  We know that Amber Riley is a regular this season, but have heard very little about her story AND I got the impression she hasn't actually been in that many episodes so far.  

ETA:  Just realized Artie is missing as well.  

Not only Mercedes, what's the important story that Sam appears to have so far in S6 that needs him to be recapped, yet Kurt and Santana don't need to be? Esp. both Brittana girls missing when they're getting the engagement & marriage SL. But colour me not surprised about who's missing from the recap. 

Edited by fakeempress

Will also doesn't seem to have much of a story line in season 6, so I'm not sure this " Glee"-cap means much one way or another. Don't they often just get whoever 's available at the time to do the BTS videos?

Will has being with a rival choir (the herecy!), and what I expect to be his road back to MKH. That's more than Sam has, who mainly seems to be involved with others' SL. If it's what we missed on Glee --.it's like no one else will have important SLs but those five. The Brittana absence is glaring. And poor Artie, he was missing from the S5 NY billboard too, that was a laugh. Kevin was all, Where's Artie at, on Twitter iirc.

I doubt this  video has anything do with who is getting focus this year and could just be who was available to film the day the camera crew was there.

BTS videos never indicated it before. 

Let's call a spade a spade.  The person now in charge of these BTS videos is Mia Swier, Darren Criss' girlfriend.  So it's hardly shocking that Darren is featured prominently in this video.  IMO she'd rather run buck naked through a Buffalo snowstorm than not have her boyfriend heavily promoted, front and center,  professional objectivity be damned.

I doubt promoting Chris features in her agenda , as even in the Chris penned episode last year, (Old Dogs, New Tricks)  the BTS video showed a large amount of  Darren who had the least amount to do  of any of the regulars in the episode.  Didn't stop Mia then either.    It's tacky but it is  what it is.

Quite frankly i don't  think FOX gives a fuck anymore.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2
as even in the Chris penned episode last year, (Old Dogs, New Tricks)  the BTS video showed a large amount of  Darren who had the least amount to do  of any of the regulars in the episode.  Didn't top Mia then either

Don't remind me, it was a shocking display of favouritism and blind spots. She probably thought the play on "you thought it was me" was so cute but that doesn't translate to those who aren't Darren stans, and it ended being in very poor taste.  

Fox either doesn't care and the BTS team has a free reign as you say or otoh they may want to get him into a development deal and are fine with what the BTS is doing about his exposure (I don't  know if he'd want to jump into another TV show). As a resident conspiracist, that has crossed my mind since they have featured him at events etc. Now, with the promotional stuff it may be just a coincidence of the roll-out schedule, we'll see. But so far, Darren has been featured in at least three videos for the new season done by his GF that I'm aware of - two for Glee (the what you missed and the what  he wants for Blaine), and one for Bones with stars from other Fox shows about their 200th episode, and Darren just happen to be the one representing Glee. In general, Darren just happens to be available on the days the promo team just happens to make up their mind to come to the Glee set. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 2

I doubt this  video has anything do with who is getting focus this year and could just be who was available to film the day the camera crew was there.

BTS videos never indicated it before. 

This video wasn't shot on a single day, judging from the outfits and the locations. It's a clip montage. In light of what caracas said, it's funny that Darren appears at the end again, in a clip shot on a different day, while the rest were done once. Just for shits and giggles I'm trying to figure out on what dates the clips were taken. At the moment, I can say the first Darren clip is from 18 September when he shot on location with Lea. and there is a pap picture (paps follow Lea) of him with Mia on that location. Lea's BTS clip wasn't shot on that day and that location, it's on the lot (MKH auditorium). On the same day Darren was also shooting with Max and Chris, on a different location.  tbc. but you can see how who's available on the day isn't how the BTS work. It's not a random "let's go today and shoot some BTS because we feel like it" decision; it takes scripting and planning what/who to shoot, and scheduling for all, because they aren't shooting just for Glee, and here's what caracas says comes into consideration. If they can make sure Darren is available on two different days for BTS, they can surely make such plans with all the rest, it's not like they aren't around. It could be that this is a first of a series of a few what you missed videos - we'll see. For now, it seems there is a series of what you want to see for the character videos, of which I'm aware of those for Sue and Blaine. 

Update: There is a series of "What is your final Glee quest?" (where they want to see the character) on the Gleeonfox Instagram, and so far there are clips from Lea, Darren, Chord, Amber and Matt, which are part of the same shoots as the What you missed BTs. Also a clip with Jane for Sue. So that final quest series is a roll-out with probably more to come.  

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 2

Seeing as how Amber hasn't been in that many episodes and how Will doesn't seem to be getting a lot of storyline focus I doubt this is indicative of anything.  It seems like it is all contract Glee clubbers except Chris/Kurt and Kevin/Artie.  From spoilers we have the characters getting actual focus are Rachel, Blaine, and Kurt in relation to Blaine. Sam may be as well but that has been spotty.  Will shows up randomly but there doesn't seem to be an focused story for him. Even if he ends up back at McKinley i doubt they will show that in relation to him but rather Rachel will gift it to him if/when she decides to try for Broadway again and because Mckinley is apparantly the only school where Arts education counts he will leave VA post haste.