Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Every time they refer to Tank, this is who I think of. He's pretty much a one hit wonder, but this song was big 07/08.

If he is the Tank Mercedes is referring to, I have NO problem with Tankcedes being endgame, yummy. Heck if they're not endgame he can endgame with me all over the place, all aboard the ChaChaTank!

Who are we kidding though, I'm 99.9% sure the writers/producers have no idea who this somewhat obscure R&B sexgod is, so "Tank" is a Bubba Bulldozer Shane 2.0.

Freakly I thought Cedes speech bout casually dating a few guys including Tank was bull on her part, but for a lot of Samchel fans to presume that any big black man ( famous or random) they see on set or in stills is Tank is foul since Cedes never said what race he guys were LOL

I think they'd rather Sam be t-boned by a Mack truck than suffer the horrible fate of a "chemistry lacking " Union with Mercedes.

I think Mercedes is the one woman he actually had the MOST chemistry with. But to each his own because he sure as hell doesn't have any with Rachel. 

• Love 8

I'll say this, the one thing that would make me ok with Mercedes and Sam ending up together is because she wouldn't have to give up her dream to do it. Unlike being a Broadway star which pretty much requires being based in NY, being a recording artist one can be based anywhere. So theoretically Mercedes could have Lima be her home base, so Sam could still have the small town life he still seems to want, and she could tour etc. Heck, she could build a recording studio in their house. Like how Prince is based out of Minnesota. That way both parts of the couple could have what they want. 

(edited)

At this point, the only real happy ending for Mercedes would be for her to GTF away from Rachel, Will, Klaine, and the rest these people who don't give a damn about her and go live her life.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
  • Love 3

At this point, the only real happy ending for Mercedes would be for her to GTF away from Rachel, Will, Klaine, and the rest these people who don't give a damn about her and go live her life

Ditto this for Tina.

I think the worst ending for Mercedes and Tina is that they're still friends with these people who've never given a crap about them, especially Rachel.

• Love 2
(edited)

Absolutely. The irony is that I'm not sure what takeaway message Glee supposedly thought they were sending, but in the end, this is all I got from the last six years.

Edited by LydiaMoon1
(edited)

Ditto this for Tina.

I think the worst ending for Mercedes and Tina is that they're still friends with these people who've never given a crap about them, especially Rachel.

Ultimately, that's the healthy path into adulthood. We move on. We date - or don't date - people we met after high school. We marry (or don't marry) people we connect to as we grow and mature. We keep the friendships that nurtured us and say good-bye to people who simply shared experiences or circumstances.

High school is a beginning chapter, not a pinnacle. We find our own paths, our own careers, our own successes. Those characters who do that, as in real life, will be the true winners in the end.

So frustrating to watch basically the exact opposite being promoted on this train wreck, in the name of "celebrating arts in education" - or whatever the hell is spilling out of Murphy's brain these days.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 1
(edited)

At this point, I half expect it to be revealed in the finale that JGroff's character has, all this time, actually been an undercover prince from Genoviakistan who just wanted to sing and dance his heart out until time to take his rightful place on the throne and OMG Rachel is a princess and soon she'll be QUEEN!  Yay!  And Tina and Mercedes are going to come work in the kitchen at the palace because arts in schools is important.

Yay!

Edited by Myrna123

There's a German word fremdschämen, it means second hand embarrassment. That's the only word I can think of to describe watching that video.

I felt that about the performances in Child Star too.

• Love 1
(edited)

What a fucking waste of a great musical number. When I think what Matt. Lea or Chris could have done with that number and it's wasted on Jane Lynch because...,?

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

What a fucking waste of a great musical number. When I think what Matt. Lea or Chris could have done with that number and it's wasted on Jane Lynch because...,?

...if there's one thing fandom has been clamoring for it more songs from Sue Sylvester.  This season is all about what the fans want, remember??

• Love 1
(edited)

So both E online and TVline posted the spoiler pictures for the last two episodes minus the Rachel is pregnant pictures.

http://www.eonline.com/news/632813/these-flashback-pics-from-glee-s-series-finale-are-making-us-weepy-plus-a-sneak-peek?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

So it seems some knuckle head at Fox did make a mistake in releasing those. 

Edited by tom87

^Lol, that's so typical of Glee. Some employer/intern(?) revealing probably the biggest spoiler of the finale unintentionally.

Though I would have loved to see Matt, Lea and/or Chris singing something like 'The Trolley Song' I actually enjoyed Jane and Caroll Burnett's version.

The introduction to the song is horrible though (Sue's mom conveniently utters the word "trolley" and Sue's immediately all "Let's sing about it."), ugh.

It's ridiculous that it takes a "sexy pics" scandal to get the administration looking into Sue when she has been literally slapping students in the face, but whatever. It's Glee.

My mother is about as casual a Glee fan as you can get (she's seen every episode but knows nothing about the cast or crew or fandom), and she thinks that the writers are hypocrites for teaching us very special lessons about tolerance when Sue is the worst bully on the show and her behavior mostly goes unchecked. She also hates that Sue's had so much screentime this year. I don't know which fans were clamoring for more Sue in the final season, but I certainly don't know any.

• Love 4

Just a quick question - Has the Glee universe returned to the real world time setting? I know making Season 4 and 5 the same year put it behind, but then they jumped forward a bit didn't they when they went to all New York stories. And then this season is set 6 months after the end of Season 5, so are they back on track, slightly behind or slightly ahead?

Just a quick question - Has the Glee universe returned to the real world time setting? I know making Season 4 and 5 the same year put it behind, but then they jumped forward a bit didn't they when they went to all New York stories. And then this season is set 6 months after the end of Season 5, so are they back on track, slightly behind or slightly ahead?

They are a little behind.  It is probably like Nov 2014 in the glee world.

• Love 1
(edited)

Of course the script wasn't finished by the time they were filming. Is this normal for television, or is this more proof of the wriers' incompetence?

They should just have let the whole cast adlib the last episode. At the very least, it could have been an interesting experiment. And it could never be worse than anything this group of "professional" writers came up with.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 5

Not normal for television. I remember Lea participated in a round table discussion a while back with some lead actresses from various TV shows (anyone remember that/have a link?) and she was amazed at how much less insane their schedules were.

• Love 2

I think Spencer being gay was made into a big deal for him re how the others see him, when when Sam gave him the Finn speech, but w/e.

I think Spencer being gay is a big deal for him given its the only thing I know about him, well that and he's an asshole. He has no other character traits.

Of course the script wasn't finished by the time they were filming. Is this normal for television, or is this more proof of the wriers' incompetence?

Mark Harmon said it happened regularly on the early seasons of NCIS. Granted after four seasons it apparently contributed to the EP getting fired.

(edited)

Remembering that the Warblers join tonight just reinforces how much of a filler last episode was the do not even need Myron and Allistar. 

Not normal for television. I remember Lea participated in a round table discussion a while back with some lead actresses from various TV shows (anyone remember that/have a link?) and she was amazed at how much less insane their schedules were.

The other actors were amazed that glee only had 3 writers (at the time).

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

They should just have let the whole cast adlib the last episode. At the very least, it could have been an interesting experiment. And it could never be worse than anything this group of "professional" writers came up with.

I would have been perfectly happy with the last episode being just the cast/characters all sitting in a circle on stage reminiscing, and them singing 20 verses of 'Kum Ba Yah' with 20 different combinations of singers and Will on his ukelele. Like duets, trios, quartets, I don't care.

The other actors were amazed that glee only had 3 writers (at the time).

It's not the entire interview, but someone made a short youtube video of mostly only Lea's parts: link.

The moment when the other actresses (Julie Bowen) ask Lea about the insane schedule is at about 5.00. The part of Glee only having 3 writers comes up at about 7 minutes in.

(edited)

It's pretty unusual for a scripted television show, especially if it's not a procedural type show.  Particularly one that's in it's sixth season when things should be pretty well established.  It's pretty amazing in that I don't even think this cast ever even did table reads.  The actors were flying pretty blind a lot of the time so it's pretty impressive how well some of them did with their characters.

I mean rewrites happen on all shows at some point and there are always production kinks.  But Glee never seemed to fully get everything under control and really never seemed to operate in a way you'd expect a long-running show to run.  

ETA:  IMO, some of the late scripts added to the crappy production of the show too.  They didn't give the production team and crew proper time to do blocking, lighting set up, and other normal things shows do.

Edited by dizzyizzy01
  • Love 1

This is why the first 13 episodes of the entire series are the best stor ywise. Cause they were written pretty much as a whole package, a beginning and an end. There was consistency. Then suddenly the phenomenon hit and they were just writing to shoehorn popular songs of the moment into the script and any consistency went out of the window. I honestly had high expectations that the final 13 episodes would have had the same luxury of the first 13 eg pretty much plotted out and written before filming started on the first episode. While there is some evidence of that early on, it's clear they were just making things up the closer they got to the finale. The fact they so many people came back for the final scene AFTER they thought they were done and tweeted about being done (including recording in the music studio) goes to show how nuts production must be behind the scene for this show.

• Love 2

I thought I read somewhere that when Glee shot the season 2 finale in New York the writers were handing out new script pages to the actors, to be filmed immediately. On location!

I think Matt and Dot mentioned that in interviews.

List of songs that are in "Dream Come true" final episode:

This Time
Daydream Believer
Teach Your Children
I Lived
Someday We'll Be Together
The Winner Takes It All

I don't know any of these songs.

(edited)

The Winner Takes It All must be the Abba song that was rumoured. I'm guessing it's completely out of context given its about divorce!

I like Daydream Believer and it's the kind of song even Glee can't screw up.

ETA: Someday We'll Be Together is a Supremes song. I'm guessing that's Mercedes solo.

Edited by jtrattray

I can't believe that some people think "Someday we'll be together" is Klaine song. lol

I don't like it but I think it's a Mercedes song and it will be sing to Sam or to the gang.

I wished they had giving her a better song.

I hope Winner Takes It All isn't Sue, Abba songs are tough to sing and I really do not want to hear her bludgeon a wonderful song.

There's absolutely no context in which this song would work.

TBH these are some very underwhelming song choices for a series finale. This whole season has been such a mess I guess I shouldn't have expected that the final episode would be an exception. Wow how low can this show go before the credits actually roll and the curtain closes. I guess we'll find out with episodes 12 and 13!

• Love 4
(edited)

The Winner Takes It All must be the Abba song that was rumoured. I'm guessing it's completely out of context given its about divorce!

I like Daydream Believer and it's the kind of song

even Glee can't screw up.

ETA: Someday We'll Be Together is a Supremes song. I'm guessing that's Mercedes solo.

" The Winner Takes It All" is Will and Sue. Jane mentioned in a recent interview that the two of them sing an Abba song in the finale.

It sort of makes sense in a twisted way.

Edited by Sara2009

She can't mess up ABBA more than everyone in Mama Mia did (I was forced to watch it).

I'm surprised they didn't do DSB.

I'm still pretending Glee ended at New Directions. Before Samchel, before anyone got married, before Rachel made terrible life choices...and that's me being as generous as I can be.

• Love 1

My head I am ending with the episode Opening Night.    Rachel got her dream, the others are in good colleges and Mercedes has the record deal they are in NY not Lima. 

• Love 1