Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I don't think Mercedes not recognizing Blaine over a year later is implausible. I probably chit chat to a dozen people a day, I run into a lot of students in pretty distinctive school uniforms, but I'd be hard pressed a year later to remember some guy I bumped into once and exchanged a few sentences with.

Yes from all accounts it was a couple of seconds so I don't see why Mercedes would remember him later.

I'm pretty sure it's because everyone who's ever come in contact with Blaine will remember absolutely everything about him always and forever.

• Love 2

Terri and her sister were hilarious and had some of the  funniest moments of season 1.  That look she gives Will while holding her glue gun is comedy gold.

Edited by camussie

Terri and her sister were hilarious and had some of the  funniest moments of season 1.  That look she gives Will while holding her glue gun is comedy gold.

She learned that look from the Vikings.

• Love 1

I read that Terri was awful to Will too.

Well, she's Terri. But Will seems super happy in their first scenes. I love the two actors together so was happy to see more. And even though we know now she ended up lying about it, during the time of the first ep she did believe she was pregnant. So forcing Howard Bamboo to do her job, obsessing about Pottery Barn, being mean to Rachel at Sheets & Things, I found it very fun to watch.

Edited by fedek
  • Love 1

Well, she's Terri. But Will seems super happy in their first scenes. I love the two actors together so was happy to see more. And even though we know now she ended up lying about her pregnancy, during the time of the first ep she did believe she was pregnant. So forcing Howard Bamboo to do her job, obsessing about Pottery Barn, being mean to Rachel at Sheets & Things, I found it very fun to watch.

Thanks. Did you get endgame vibes from Artie and Tina? I've seen some sources say that.

I dunno about endgame. I mean he clearly is totally into her, I think he VOs "I'm in love with Tina Cohen-Chang" at some point and is pretty much going crazy watching her Glee audition from the wings of the stage but everything takes place during the time of the first ep so it would be hard to say, I didn't even think about it. Oy. Enough endgame, RIB!

• Love 1

I rewatched some of the season 1 performances on Youtube and I remember one of the things I absolutely LOVE about the core cast: they had the BEST background moments ever, especially during these performances. Chris Colfer used to have the best facial expressions whenever someone tried to get him to join the group in dancing around, and everyone had something awesome going on in the background. Even Chord Overstreet in season 2 had some fantastic background moments. So....for people who watched 2009, are there any good, or any at all, background moments worth noting that you may have caught? I really do hope so, because that would just make the finale that much better for me.

Also, it makes me really want someone to post a compilation of all the background moments from the first two/three seasons on Youtube.

I rewatched some of the season 1 performances on Youtube and I remember one of the things I absolutely LOVE about the core cast: they had the BEST background moments ever, especiall

y during these performances. Chris Colfer used

to have the best facial expressions whenever

someone tried to get him to join the group in

dancing around, and everyone had something

awesome going on in the background. Even

Chord Overstreet in season 2 had some

fantastic background moments. So....for people

who watched 2009, are there any good, or any

at all, background moments worth noting that

you may have caught? I really do hope so,

because that would just make the finale that

much better for me.

Also, it makes me really want someone to post a compilation of all the background moments from the first two/three seasons on Youtube.

Matt Morrison often had some of my favorite facial expressions during these performances.

• Love 1

I dunno about endgame. I mean he clearly is totally into her, I think he VOs "I'm in love with Tina Cohen-Chang" at some point and is pretty much going crazy watching her Glee audition from the wings of the stage but everything takes place during the time of the first ep so it would be hard to say, I didn't even think about it. Oy. Enough endgame, RIB!

Of course her first solo is all about Artie.

The ending, and Tina's journey throughout, makes me think she's the one character who would've been better off if she hadn't joined glee club.

Matt Morrison often had some of my favorite facial expressions during these performances.

Since a lot of the songs in 2009 are the auditions, Mr. Schue has some really funny moments.  You see his expression and notes as Artie, Tina, Kurt, etc. audition, which was fairly amusing.  Unfortunately, there are no choir room numbers.

Did Tina ever have a duet with Artie. I've been racking my brain all day to think of one and am drawing a blank. If they didn't this would mean they are the only high school end game (assuming that's where the writers go with these two) not to have duetted together.

^Artie and Tina had 2 duets in 'Frenemies' (5x09), 'Whenever I Call You Friend' and 'My Lovin'.

Through the seasons they also had some little harmonies together (like in 'To Sir, With Love', 'Light Up The World' and 'Let It Be') but nothing significant I can remember.

• Love 1

They also had a big chunk together in Proud Mary, with Mercedes.  But Tina may actually have sung even less than Kurt, especially in the first 3-4 seasons.

Oops, scratch that - I think Proud Mary was Finn, Tina, and Mercedes.  Sorry.

Edited by ancslove

^Artie and Tina had 2 duets in 'Frenemies' (5x09), 'Whenever I Call You Friend' and 'My Lovin'.

Through the seasons they also had some little harmonies together (like in 'To Sir, With Love', 'Light Up The World' and 'Let It Be') but nothing significant I can remember.

So in one duet he's patronising her and the other they're physically fighting. Sounds like a romance for the ages to me.

Ancslove: you were right the first time, Proud Mary is Artie, Tina and Mercedes. Finn just does the patronising "this one's for you Artie"

Since there is a children's chorus at the end of "Daydream Believer" , the spec is that one of Klaine does become a teacher.

Wouldn't be all that surprised if they have a Blaine go that route.

I've also seen spec about Klaine singing with their children.

Because I am evil, I will laugh so hard if Blaine becomes a teacher since it's everything (some of) his stans don't want. Although, teaching doesn't exactly fit with that hideous outfit he was wearing in the flashforward with Kurt.

Edited by Ceeg

Yeah, I've seen a lot of wank from the more intense Blaine stans who won't accept anything other than "performer" or at the very minimum, something in the entertainment field. I did see some posts about how it's fine in fanfic because it's not canon. But in canon, Blaine has never shown any interest in being a teacher and has only ever wanted to perform. 

I can see Blaine teaching. He likes giving advice and feeling that he's helping people. And although he loves performing, he's always been a bit ambivalent about making that his career.

• Love 2

Blaine could use his puppets for teaching moments! They'll be like Emma's pamphlets--a puppet for any occasion.

I hope Blaine and Kurt don't have that many kids as it sounds at the end of that song! LOL. But yes, one or both of them could be leading some kind of school event that their kid(s) could be participating in. Either that or the scene ends with one or both of them declaring they're ready to start their brood. After all, the fans are getting everything they want!

I think that the show has included signs pointing to the possibility of Blaine becoming a teacher or at least being very comfortable in his role as advisor/mentor to the Warblers this season. It could even be argued that it fits his words back in S3 which went something like "I want to make art and help people." (The exact wording may differ slightly)

I certainly don't remember there being a big negative reaction against the idea of him becoming a teacher. I am sure some individual fans would not like it, as happens with any speculated plot turn for each character. But a general backlash against the possibility? No, that appears mostly imaginary.

As for the clothes he wears in the BTS picture, some "progressive" private schools in NYC and elsewhere have very liberal dress codes and would certainly welcome such a stylish ensemble.

But since Glee writers are a perverse bunch, they may very well twist this around and have Kurt becoming a teacher and Blaine remaining a performer. Now that would generate some teeth gnashing.

I'm pretty sure it's because everyone who's ever come in contact with Blaine will remember absolutely everything about him always and forever.

Of course. It's one of the basic building blocks of the current version of the Standard Model for the Universe.  ;-)

i think some fans either want Kurt ( and or Blaine) succesful in the performing arts because supposedly that was their journey all along.

In Kurt's case, I would have been fine if they had hm veer off toward fashion if that was the focus of some storyline where Kurt decides it's where his passion lie. (In fact as a fashion magazine editor was Chris endgame career for Kurt). However they've had Kurt as the only onscreen character consistently pursuing a performing career the last couple of years so I can't see them pulling off that course in a last moment 180 that negates everything's. As late as Season 5 they have Rachel reassurig a wavering Kurt to stay the course as his talent will see him through on his career dreams.

With Blaine it's more plausible I suppose because the character has never verbally expressed a desire for a performing arts career. Even NYADA seemed more a following Kurt to NY thing.

I've also seen spec about Klaine singing with their children.

If Klaine pulls a Brangelina because the chorus sounded like a lot of children! I hope they can spare us that, and just show them volunteering at some sort of kids community / elementary school arts program.

Edited by fakeempress
As for the clothes he wears in the BTS picture, some "progressive" private schools in NYC and elsewhere have very liberal dress codes and would certainly welcome such a stylish ensemble.

I suppose private clown college or Puppet Academy it would be OK.

I suppose private clown college or Puppet Academy it would be OK.

Kurt certainly had the Jack-in-the-box clothes for it in those same BTS pictures.

With Blaine it's more plausible I suppose because the character has never verbally expressed a desire for a performing arts career.

He did say he wanted to "make art", which offers a wider range of possibilties than simply peforming but it includes it. We'll see soon enough.

He did say he wanted to "make art",

Helping children finger paint is a form of art , too, and a noble one.  Blaine I'm sure would do a fine job.  

It would be nice if one of the students got into teaching, and no, I don't consider Sam sniffing jock straps as quite the same thing.

• Love 1

I would be fine with Blaine being the one going into teaching. He's been a mentor since his first appearance, and although they veered off that track quite quickly sometime during season 3, they've already paved the way for him becoming a mentor again this season. They already had started the teaching path with Finn, and with Blaine mentoring the Warblers, I can very much see him teaching a bunch of young kids at some prestigious Junior Dalton Academy. Blaine has never been particularly gung ho about a career in the performing arts, not like Rachel and Kurt have. I think Blaine would be just as happy playing music on the side, rather than taking it up as a career, so I would actually be content with this being Blaine's endgame.

• Love 1

Teaching, especially younger children, is indeed a difficult profession, often derided or undervalued by ignorant people who don't appreciate the value of that work. I certainly would not have the patience to do it, just as it would probably be quite a stretch if Kurt (as we have come to know him) was assumed capable of not losing his temper with young kids in the daily grind of classroom crafts and mixed-up boots and coats.

Blaine has never been particularly gung ho about a career in the performing arts, not like Rachel and Kurt have. I think Blaine would be just as happy playing music on the side, rather than taking it up as a career, so I would actually be content with this being Blaine's endgame.

I think that whichever of those two options the show chooses for him, it will be a plausible outcome. Now watch the writers hark back all the way to when he spoke of achieving marriage equality in all 50 states and have him become a lawyer for GLAAD.

I wonder if "Daydream Believer" will feature a rainbow background similar to the one in the original Monkeys video. It would be appropriate in light of the characters singing it.

I notice that the original post which said "I will laugh so hard if Blaine becomes a teacher since it's everything his stans don't want" has been discreetly amended by the addition of a dainty "(some of)" after it was pointed out how erroneous it was. At least we are now all clear on the facts in this matter.

Edited by Florinaldo

I notice that the original post which said "I will laugh so hard if Blaine becomes a teacher since it's everything his stans don't want" has been discreetly amended by the addition of a dainty "(some of)" after it was pointed out how erroneous it was. At least we are now all clear on the facts in this matter.

No, I just knew that people like you would nitpick my post and think I meant LITERALLY every Blaine stan ever ever ever. (Not! All! Blaine stans!)

Btw, I don't really feel up to it, but if you find it necessary for me to go find tumblr posts with a lot of notes bitching about Blaine being a teacher, I will. It's just really not worth my time. Maybe just acknowledge that you don't have your finger on the pulse of every single faction of every single Glee fandom.

FWIW, the same Blaine stans bitching about Blaine being a teacher are also the same ones who can be homophobic douchebags about Brittana, and I like to keep track of their goings-on just to rubberneck their trainwreck tumblrs. 

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 4

"I Lived", from the pictures looks like it's groups of friends coming together. So I wonder how they're going to fit Joacob and Blake in given that, especially since Melissa wasn't there, their characters have no connection to anyone else. Unless they pretend they were friends with Blam and Artie.

I still think it may be out of context simply because there are only 3 scenes between those reacting to Rachel's Tony win and the "I lived."  

Schue singing “Teach Your Children” in the choir room (includes pic of Mercedes, Kurt, Blaine, etc at the piano) - Scene 7
Blam locker room scene - Scene 10
Kurt and Blaine looking in Blaine’s locker - Scene 13
Blaine, Rachel, and Kurt (in that awesome black outfit) - Scene 25
Kurt, Blaine, Mercedes, etc. on the couch (watching Rachel win a Tony?) - Scene 30
Group selfie - Scene 34

I don't get see how they have Rachel giving her acceptance speech also have an explanation for everyone being back in Lima singing together in 3 scenes (31-33).  On the other hand I could see Rachel's acceptance speech, where she mentions the joy she got from Glee, morphing into an out of context joyous song for all we have known and loved on Glee.

Edited by camussie

Ceeg I know what you meant.

I still recall the tumblr outcry from some Blaine stans that Blaine might be veering toward a career as a doctor, (at the time of "Moving Out") after the Brazilian rental boy website teased about it; though I think one official Glee "year book " said he wanted to be a househusband.

Probably performing arts in some capacity for both boys.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

I still think it may be out of context simply because there are only 3 scenes between those reacting to Rachel's Tony win and the "I lived."  

I think it's out of context because Terri is there. I can't think of a single reasonable explanation for her to be there, other than it's just a curtain call type number that exists outside of reality.

I think it's out of context because Terri is there. I can't think of a single reasonable explanation for her to be there, other than it's just a curtain call type number that exists outside of reality.

To be fair I'm assuming Rachel's Tony win happens outside reality so that fits in fine!

"I Lived", from the pictures looks like it's groups of friends coming together. So I wonder how they're going to fit Joacob and Blake in given that, especially since Melissa wasn't there, their characters have no connection to anyone else. Unless they pretend they were friends with Blam and Artie.

If the plan is to introduce them into the scene is via friendship groups then it wouldn't be hard to use Kitty as the link to the Original Newbies.

If the plan is to introduce them into the scene is via friendship groups then it wouldn't be hard to use Kitty as the link to the Original Newbies.

That would be pretty tenuous even before she said in The Hurt Locker they abandoned her.

On the other hand I could see Rachel's acceptance speech, where she mentions the joy she got from Glee, morphing into an out of context joyous song for all we have known and loved on Glee.

I assumed it was out of context as well - but since the preview shows Brittany and Santana running down the steps to join the group, doesn't that imply that it actually happens?  that is, it's not just a cutaway to them all singing.  (?)  So maybe it's a Glee reunion for the latest New DIrections winning Nationals.  

Also, is it just me, or does having the latest iteration of New DIrections pull off a Nationals win sort of cheapen the original win? 

Also, is it just me, or does having the latest iteration of New DIrections pull off a Nationals win sort of cheapen the original win?

It also makes it unbelievable that in season 2 they finished 12th and 2nd in season 5.

I always found it weird they did the big tribute to Finn in season 5 then lost. Wouldn't they judges eat that kind of thing up. So they would win even if another team was better?

I assumed it was out of context as well - but since the preview shows Brittany and Santana running down the steps to join the group, doesn't that imply that it actually happens?  that is, it's not just a cutaway to them all singing.  (?)  So maybe it's a Glee reunion for the latest New DIrections winning Nationals.  

Typically during curtain calls, the actors come out in waves, not all at once.

But also, even on numbers that exist outside of reality, they aren't all just there as one big group at first. Like in The Scientist, Finn is on the stage alone first. Then Finn and Blaine. Then Finn, Blaine, and Santana. And so on.

I think it's probably going to be a combination of an in-character number with actor bleed, completely outside reality.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

I think that final group scene might be either the characters or the actors taking their final bows, or a combination of both. However, having them take their last bow only as the cast would mean the writers did not have to bother coming up with a plot reason for all of these characters to assemble on the same stage. Unless it's some sort of school reunion a few years down the road, where everybody, including Terri and Sue, would suddenly behave cordially with the others.  In theater they usually come out in groups of diminishing size, starting with all the spears carriers and going up the ladder, through the featured roles and closing with the leads who come out as a pair or separately. If they intend on conveying a feeling of collective effort, doing it that way could contradict it but it would acknowledge the reality that as in any cast or production, there is a form of hierarchy at work.

Maybe just acknowledge that you don't have your finger on the pulse of every single faction of every single Glee fandom.

Since I never made that claim, I see no point in asking me to refute it.

I think it's a mix of characters/actors, a bit like in the 2011 live tour: everyone was supposed to be in character, but the fans knew and loved the actors behind it all.

From what I heard Kurt and Blaine are wearing their wedding rings (but they're not standing together in the group picture), and so do Rachel and Jesse? So I think everyone is basically dressed up and sort of acting as their characters (like Brittana joining the group together) but it's still an 'out of Glee relaity' kind of final curtain call thing for the fans, like actors in a play bowing after a show still in costume.

Not just you. The new kids are nice, but it would be quite unbelievable if a newly formed group (and a very imbalanced group at that, with only 3 girls and only half of the members being able to dance) would win Nationals the first year.

There has also been so little build-up, and I doubt we'll get much more in the finale, that there are not many feelings (from the viewers) evoked to root for these kids.

Typically during curtain calls, the actors come out in waves, not all at once.

But also, even on numbers that exist outside of reality, they aren't all just there as one big group at first. Like in The Scientist, Finn is on the stage alone first. Then Finn and Blaine. Then Finn, Blaine, and Santana. And so on.

I think it's probably going to be a combination of an in-character number with actor bleed, completely outside reality.

Also this.

• Love 1

I won't mind it if the last number is more the actors than the characters.  I feel much more sentimental about the actors than I do any of the characters--and it's not like Glee has earned any kind of emotional pay-off for the characters.  I can appreciate how the actors feel about the show and what it's afforded them, so my allergies may well act up a bit as they caterwaul us to the end of the road.

• Love 6