Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I bet $ 1 million that Sam " discovers" Spencer, the football player, singing in the showers and encourages him to join Rachels glee club.

Nah Glee will shake it up and do something revolutionary and explosive this time and let Coach Beiste discover him singing in the shower. Then she'll let Sam know so he can tell Rachel so they can find a way to get him into the WMHS non-existent but soon to be Show Choir competition ready Glee Club!

Cos that was in no way dull the first 400 times.

Oddly enough the only time Glee ever did a somewhat fresh take on it was the very last virginity story - Mercedes and Sam.  I actually thought that was one of the better written plots in season 5.  Too bad they had so many teen trope virginity stories before that and too bad we will probably get one more by the end of season 6.

Edited by camussie

Cos that was in no way dull the first 400 times. 

They'll just sing "Shake it Off" by Taylor Swift and pretend it's all brand new or you're the mean bully hater. Like, whoa, how do you not understand the genius on display? This is, like, so original. You're cheer captain and I'm the total loser on the bleachers. Take a memo or something. Gawd. Who do I have to fake date to get some sympathy up in here?

• Love 1

They'll just sing "Shake it Off" by Taylor Swift and pretend it's all brand new or you're the mean bully hater. Like, whoa, how do you not understand the genius on display? This is, like, so original. You're cheer captain and I'm the total loser on the bleachers. Take a memo or something. Gawd. Who do I have to fake date to get some sympathy up in here?

It's like you're in the writers' room.

If there is one thing that really, really frustrates me about these spoilers is the implication that Blaine ends up washing out of NYADA will be blamed on Kurt since Blaine was so depressed over being dumped by his "soul mate". In real life it is not idiotic to end a relationship where you aren't happy and where you and your partner are constantly fighting. Or to question getting married when you can't even manage a few months of living together. Or to doubt being with someone who needs you to feel small in order for him to feel big. Kurt has a right to end a relationship that it's a good or healthy one for him, or to recognize that they got back together for all the wrong reasons. You can love someone and still recognize that you just can't be together. Sometimes you just grow apart and there are a lot more reasons to justify Kurt and Blaine ending their relationship than there are staying together.

But because Blaine is weak and needy and cannot manage without Kurt, getting to the point that he ends up expelled from school is on Blaine. It's not Kurt's responsibility to sacrifice his own well being all the time in order to keep Blaine happy and secure. They just aren't good together and an mature writer wanting to tell an interesting story would recognize that it's not a failure for couples to actually break up and stay broken up. Blaine isn't served by Kurt always giving in to keep peace and Kurt certainly isn't served. They are better off apart and finding partners that are better able to match their needs.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 2

Only Blaine fans are going to  fault Kurt for flunking out.  

Blaine will blamed for Kurt being in Lima and Rachel will be blamed for Kurt staying.

Don't worry there is blame enough for every one.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

A decent, mature writer would never approach a story about a couple they want viewers to like by blowing up their entire relationship with continuous fighting, failure in all aspects of life, and then toss in some screwing around with the guy who used to threaten to kill one of them. You know, just for some extra reasons to hurl before breakfast. This being Glee, they think this is the start of some kind of epic romance and are so fucking proud of themselves for coming up with a really exciting and dramatic twist that will get everybody talking about their already cancelled show.

Sometimes things that haven't been done before aren't revolutionary. They're just horrible ideas everybody else knew should be left alone like the toxic waste they are. Then there's Glee, so these "soulmates" will get back together, something "shocking" will happen at prom, and at least some of those new new kids will lose their v-cards by the time they get done shitting all over what's left of this show. Maybe John Mayer convinced them that's fun.

• Love 1

A decent, mature writer would never approach a story about a couple they want viewers to like by blowing up their entire relationship with continuous fighting, failure in all aspects of life, and then toss in some screwing around with the guy who used to threaten to kill one of them.

Then again, this is the show where the ideal romance was a high-school couple that dated for a few months, fought constantly, broke up more than once, brought out the absolute worst in each other, lost their virginity to each other in a pity fuck, had a rushed engagement borne out of insecurity, that ended with the guy telling the girl they were going to get married but instead dumping her at the train station. 

• Love 1

Then again, this is the show where the ideal romance was a high-school couple that dated for a few months, fought constantly, broke up more than once, brought out the absolute worst in each other, lost their virginity to each other in a pity fuck, had a rushed engagement borne out of insecurity, that ended with the guy telling the girl they were going to get married but instead dumping her at the train station. 

It took me until the train part to be sure you meant Finchel. I feel bad for their fans too. Last thing they got was her sneaking out in the night, and that was after she was doing the fictional gigolo. I'm sure they'll find some way to make that whole thing worse even now (although maybe Lea has that covered in real life), but at the moment Klaine have their attention so that's the one they're really determined to destroy in every way they can find. 

They really don't seem to get that a half-hearted "I wuv you the mostest" at the end doesn't fix what they work this hard to fuck up as much as possible along the way. It just makes the whole thing seem sad and doomed to end in communication between their lawyers sucking away every last dollar they might have.

Edited by penpen

It's the classic cliche television trope - keep the couples apart by any means possible for as long as possible because it creates "tension and angst" and when the series finale comes around, throw them back together in some half-hearted, lame reunion. And the sad thing is, Ryan pretty much warned viewers this is how it would go back in S3 or early S4 I think, when he attended some television symposium thing and in an interview afterwards basically said he was all about the "big moments" and not interested in happy couples because that's boring.

The thing is though what he and every other writer who's pulled this same tired shit over time don't realize is that when they do this, all they're basically doing is telling and showing the audience why the two people are awful for each other. And so some bullshit 13th hour reunion doesn't magically make it all okay, not to mention that as is the case with many other shows, at that point, no one other than some straggling die-hards still hanging on, give a shit about the reunion.

But say this for Ryan Murphy and company, they're not underachievers because with the shit they've pulled with Kurt and Blaine and frankly every pairing on the show but particularly those two in the last two seasons, it may go down as the epitome of fucking up a pairing. Seriously I am actually to the point of possibly thinking that at this point, particularly with this Karofksy bullshit, they may rival Chuck and Blair for most toxic "meant to be" couple of all time and Chuck sold Blair for a damn hotel. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Chuck sold Blair for a damn hotel

I'm afraid to google that because I stopped watching that show before the end. I don't want to know. A tiny part of me died a little inside anyway. Maybe they are taking this as some kind of sick contest as to who can make a pairing the least functional and still have some number of people upwards of two dozen still rooting for them.

Brian Singer had parties less disturbing than this show.

It took me until the train part to be sure you meant Finchel.

Heh yeah after I hit "Reply" I realized that all but the last few words could apply to many couples on this joke of a show.

they may rival Chuck and Blair for most toxic "meant to be" couple of all time and Chuck sold Blair for a damn hotel.

I'm having flashbacks to that nightmare. Ugh, Chair. Ew. I remember how the writers were laughably bad at finding realistic conflict to keep those two apart (I have to go back to my boyfriend! I have to run a corporation at the age of 18 first! I have to be a fashion designer first! I have to avenge my dad's death first!). By the 4th or 5th round of that nonsense, you just end up thinking, "Honey, he's just not that into you." Same thing with Klaine. Toxic, nonsensical, tiresome. At least Chuck and Blair had palpable chemistry the first few seasons.

On this show, the pairings with small fan bases and little screentime fare the best( in comparison to Klaine and Finchel at least.) If they get focus, they get screwed. It's quite twisted,

Except Brittana, they can fuck those poor girls over with stray lesbian jokes and a few tweets. No screen time is even necessary. It would be impressive if it wasn't so pathetic. 

I'd like to think they're safe with only 3-4 episodes, but that's plenty of time for this show to go terribly wrong. They can ruin entire characters and even seasons offscreen.

Edited by penpen

The way these writers are on Glee it makes me wonder if any of them have ever been in a healthy relationship. More and more it seems as though they write for teenage angst. The sad part of it all is that there may be some teenagers who thinks what they see on Glee is the way a relationship should be. Glee wants to accept credit when they think they have done something revolutionary that has impacted and made a great difference in the real world hence "post Glee Gay" whatever the hell that means. But they don't want to accept responsibility for the bad messages they send like Blaine almost date-raping Kurt, Tina with her obsession of Blaine to point of molestation and then they joke about "Vapo-rape" yeah never found that funny. Any way Glee has pretty much said yeah go ahead cheat on your partner it will be alright, sleep around you'll be okay, don't respect your significant other a song will make it all better. So yeah from Finn and Rachel to Sam and Mercedes every couple that has had any screen time interactions have been screwed over by the writers for drama and angst when it wasn't necessary. Now they bring on the Blaine/Kurt/Karofsky triangle that by no means is already stale (sarcasm) since its been the go to scenario to prove who you really love since the show began. I don't get it, all through trying to prove how much these 2 love each other the writers have really only shown how they really shouldn't be together. Just stop the drama  already and let them be as well as all the others. I would like for them to just let all the couples from season 5 just find their happy ending to include Puck and Quinn, and finally stop Tina from being a joke and let her find someone too. Let the show end on happiness and not drama this is Glee's sunset I hope they don't let a storm overtake it.

Edited by Ann Mack

hence "post Glee Gay" whatever the hell that means.

I can translate that. The hottest white dude they can find is going to play gay for peanuts and everybody wants to bone him. Hopefully only onscreen for the sake of the actor.

I'd like to think they're safe with only 3-4 episodes, but that's plenty of time for this show to go terribly wrong. They can ruin entire characters and even seasons offscreen.

These writers  can ruin anything. 

There are some couples that I 'd consider "safe,"but that's only because one or both of the actors aren't on the show anymore. They've ALL gotten screwed over in the past,though.

They screwed Mike and Tina with one line about him dumping her for not being asian enough. 

I can translate that. The hottest white dude they can find is going to play gay for peanuts and everybody wants to bone him. Hopefully only onscreen for the sake of the actor.

And they seem to think since Glee has been on TV homophobia is no longer an issue for teens (or anyone) coming out. As someone said to me on twitter that's both hilarious and awful. 

• Love 1

And they seem to think since Glee has been on TV homophobia is no longer an issue for teens (or anyone) coming out. As someone said to me on twitter that's both hilarious and awful. 

It's like you're not even watching the same show they think they're making. Of course they fixed every social issue ever. Also Tina's a bitch, Rachel is the most special snowflake ever, Quinn ruined everything since Dianna Agron found normal human empathy, and Kurt can cry more pretty tears about his ex who is now doing that guy who once threatened to kill him. Soulmates! Forever! Root for them to do whatever it is that's supposed to mean after these people went there too many times without any reason.

I agree that they CAN ruin anything. This is a Ryan Murphy show after all. I just think the couples who have already gotten a clear " happy ending " are less likely to be screwed over than ones like Klaine, whose story is clearly still being told.

I don't think Jayma Mays (Emma) is contractually obligated to return so I'm guessing they'll trot out a baby in the choir room as Wills progeny sans the mother.

WEMA could be safe but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Why wouldn't you hold your breath? I guess I just don't see Ryan breaking them up now that they're married with a baby. I could see it if Jayma was going to be available for a reunion arc, but that's not possible now.

Though I know Jayma would like to guest star.

Edited by Sara2009

The entire show has gone wrong. Jayma may as well take the money she can get no matter what it does to the character. The writers don't care anymore, so it's hardly her obligation to hold any standards. A girl's gotta eat.

The entire show has gone wrong. Jayma may as well take the money she can get no matter what it does to the character. The writers don't care anymore, so it's hardly her obligation to hold any

standards. A girl's gotta eat.

She's a series regular on " The Millers," which is on another network. That's why she wouldn 't be available for many episodes.

Ryan said on Twitter that we'd see them both with the baby this season, but that was back when he thought there would be 24 episodes. Who knows really?

Edited by Sara2009

She's a series regular on " The Millers," which is on another network. That's why she wouldn 't be available for many episodes.

I'd mock that show, but it's probably going to outlast Glee and she's being paid for it. She also seems really nice, so good for her.

I'd mock that show, but it's probably going to outlast Glee and she's being paid for it. She also seems really nice, so good for her.

It's a big hit for some reason.

I've heard not so great things about it, though. " Glee" didn't even use Jayma for all the episodes she was contracted for last season.

Yup, as bad as " The Millers"is ( God that canned laugh track and CBS) Jayma has a regular speaking role which is more then she ever got on Glee.

From the costume and recording studio spoilers Puck is back which probably means that QUICK is already over and Puck is back to casing 16 year old girls at McKinley High. Wonder if they have him drop out of the Air Force.

Sadly, I think Quick are probably fine. I don't think Puck being back indicates anything one way or another. Maybe his commitment to the Air Force has already been fulfilled.

I think we'll get Samcedes round 3 in season 6 too.

I think we'll get Samcedes round 3 in season 6 too.

I just realized they will probably ruin last year's Virginity SL of Mercedes ( that at least was somewhat different)  by having her bed Sam in Season 6.  Of course Mercedes will be guilt tripped into sleeping with Trouty Mouth.

Edited by caracas1914

I just realized they will probably ruin last year's Virginity SL of Mercedes that at least was somewhat different by having her bed Sam in Season 6.  Of course Mercedes will be guilt tripped into sleeping with Trouty Mouth.

I love Samcedes and base on the current spoilers, I fear for them if they happen again. 

• Love 2

I love Samcedes and base on the current spoilers, I fear for them if they happen again. 

I never much cared about them, but fear seems the right emotion for anybody who still does. It's just a matter of time until they notice them and destroy everything you once loved. But don't worry, I'm sure they're "endgame" and will get to kiss at some point near the end when this airs on Saturday and has ratings somewhere south of Manimal.

I love them too and yet I fear that yes they will find a way to make it painful to watch them. Knowing Glee Sam has moved on and is bedding some random while Mercedes looks on with her heart broken. Hopefully, this will NOT be the case because out of all the couples this show has produced in my humble and honest opinion they were the MOST adorable, supportive, care-free, honest, and loving of them all. I may get others who disagree but they never played games, lied to each other, or asked each other to prove anything but their love for each other by being there for each other. So here is to my hope for a happy ending for these 2 and hopefully many others! :)

Edited by Ann Mack

Pretty sure they had half a season of cheating with that guy who got that football scholarship that made Finn so sad Rachel had to pity fuck him, but I'm willing to pretend that didn't happen if this last season can just not air on network tv.

Sadly, I think Quick are probably fine. I don't think Puck being back indicates anything one way or another. Maybe his commitment to the Air Force has already been fulfilled.

If there's only a six-month time jump, then that's impossible. Not that it's ever stopped the writers. And if he's on leave and still with Quinn, why would be be in Ohio instead of New Haven with his girlfriend?

The costumes include his Air Force uniform, but given how much they've made bigger characters fail, I think it's pretty probable he'll get dishonorably discharged from the AF for sleeping with a superior officer or something.

Edited by SNeaker

Mercedes was also kind of condescending toward Sam. They weren't as bad as most of the relationships on this show, though.

If there's only a six-month time jump, then that's impossible. Not that it's ever stopped the writers.

And if he's on leave and still with Quinn, why

would be be in Ohio instead of New Haven with

his girlfriend?

The costumes include his Air Force uniform, but given how much they've made bigger characters fail, I think it's pretty probable he'll get

dishonorably discharged from the AF for

sleeping with a superior officer or

something.

It's been over a year since he joined, though.

Maybe he's come back to help with ND.

Edited by Sara2009

The costumes include his Air Force uniform, but given how much they've made bigger characters fail, I think it's pretty probable he'll get dishonorably discharged from the AF for sleeping with a superior officer or something.

A history of high speed passes over five air control towers, and one admiral's daughter?

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Klaine was the only couple messed with. I think Ryan wants them to be the new Finchel.

It's funny I use to think Finchell wasn't a very healthy relationship compared to Klaine.  Finn didn't seem to get Rachel's drive/ambition or why her career was so important to her.  Later once they split them up for good (as it turned out)at the end of  Season 3  Finn seemed to come to terms that Rachel would follow her dreams and he was good with that.

Klaine OTOH, the writers have shown that while on the surface they seem more compatible, ie both appear to want similar  performing arts careers (at least Kurt does) they are always shown as somehow competing with each other.

I've come to the conclusion that how they've portrayed them it's a more toxic, unhealthy  relationship.

Edited by caracas1914

If there's only a six-month time jump, then that's impossible. Not that it's ever stopped the writers. And if he's on leave and still with Quinn, why would be be in Ohio instead of New Haven with his girlfriend?

I mean he's still suppose to have his mom and two siblings in Lima so it's not impossible had has a decent explanation for being back.

If they were bringing back the old newbies it would make more sense if he was tied into a storyline with Jake. Having said that they seem to have forgotten they were brothers after Christmas in season 4.

It's funny I use to think Finchell wasn't a very healthy relationship compared to Klaine.  Finn didn't seem to get Rachel's drive/ambition or why her career was so important to her.  Later once they split them up for good (as it turned out)at the end of  Season 3  Finn seemed to come to terms that Rachel would follow her dreams and he was good with that.

Klaine OTOH, the writers have shown that while on the surface they seem more compatible, ie both appear to want similar  performing arts careers (at least Kurt does) they are always shown as somehow competing with each other.

I've come to the conclusion that how they've portrayed them it's a more toxic, unhealthy  relationship.

I think the writers have written their relationship since season 3 extremely poorly. Where to start hmmm how about when Blaine got sloppy drunk and tried to force himself on Kurt, or Blaine getting very upset with Kurt texts sent to another male (who was a friend) but then have him turn around and sleep with a random guy; how about Blaine crushing on his best male friend (that bromance irks me to this day, but that's another story), Blaine proposing to Kurt after Kurt said he needed time. Don't even get me started on that "Puppet Master" or that dumb ass "Guilty Pleasures" episode. Fast forward to Blaine going to NYADA and setting up all his classes so he could be with Kurt (obsessing much), to competing with Kurt because he felt like he wasn't Kurt's center of attention any more, or wanting your partner to be a weakling and dependent upon you to take care of him (shit Kurt is a grown ass man just like he is) to lying about him having a part in whatever the thing was he did with June. For Kurt the most I have seen him do is be a little distant and stand offish and it was primarily because he didn't really know what was going on with Blaine. I AM NOT bashing either character because there is good in everyone (or at least I like to believe that there is) but this is their history and I didn't write it. So on the surface they may be compatible but when you look deeper they can seem to be very toxic for each other. Most couples on Glee get dragged through ridiculous drama for no other reason than a "shock and awe" effect. It's as if no one in that writers room has EVER been in a healthy, low drama, trust worthy relationship. So after all these trials and tribulations that these 2 have endured Glee couldn't find it within themselves for these last 13 episodes to let them have sorted out all their drama and just be happy. Well of course NOT that is not the Glee way. So while they continue to drive fans away they will continue to pat themselves on their backs and say "hey we did really good writing for those Klaine fans" not once realizing how short they have actually came up.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 4

I remember Brad saying this season was going to be about comebacks, so I think the writers are just giving the romantic comeback to Klaine. These writers have always liked their " happy endings " despite all the crap they put their couples through.

I remember Brad saying this season was going to be about comebacks, so I think the writers are just giving the romantic comeback to Klaine.

But a comeback from what?  From realizing they don't actually get along?    The most damning of these early spoilers is that Klaine broke up because they couldn't figure things out once Blaine moved back into the loft and they had their NY fantasy of living together while going to the school of their dreams.   So the writers have had them twice in a year realizing they are not compatible, so what kind of development can they have if the only place they get along is back in Lima, Ohio...

Kurt and Blaine as a couple is one more example of the less is more with Glee. If they ignore a pairing, it's for the best. So Kurt and Blaine were "healthy" (at least by Glee standards) for S2 and most of S3. I DO NOT want to get into any debate about the First Time episode but I personally always disagreed with the claim that Blaine forced himself on Kurt or there was any hint of any kind of assault. But that being said, while they had a few roadblocks to create romantic tension, the writers at least had them maturely talk things out. The Kurt flirt-texting storyline was stupid but at least they both maturely admitted their mistakes at the end of the episode and opened up about what they were really upset about, in Blaine's case, Kurt moving away. And other than that, they were pretty much ignored for most of the season.

Things went downhill VERY fast in S4 with first, the decision to make their breakup more than just a normal case of two teenagers not being able to handle a long distance relationship. Instead all of a sudden Blaine jumped into some AU of an episode of Queer as Folk and was going around picking up some random guy online and having sex with him. And no one batted an eye and there was no PSA about the dangers of this even though Blaine was a 17 year old boy. Because I guess in Ryan Murphy's world, that's probably normal for teenage gay boys so whatever. And from that one decision it's just been complete disaster. The aftermath was a mess since Kurt barely got screentime being in the NY narrative and then Murphy and company got far more excited about showing the homoeroticism of Blaine and Sam. Then Kurt and Blaine get thrown back together in some half-ass plot in S5, then finally get to be together in NY and the writers decide to troll fandom some more for every negative opinion people had of Blaine and make it canon. And as this went on, Kurt as played by Chris, came across more and more as cold and plain dismissive of Blaine and who could blame him since Chris Colfer seems like a very intelligent guy and I imagine he had to at this point be wondering what is the point of those two as a couple with every new horrible storyline created with every new episode.

More importantly to me though, is reading the summary above of the history of Kurt and Blaine's relationship it just further shows to me how Blaine as a character has been horribly, horribly destroyed. I know people have their feelings about Darren but this is why I have especially never understood the claims of how badly Kurt's character has been treated. I understand being upset about his screentime being reduced in S4, not wanting him with Blaine after the cheating and all that and hating that he took him back or whatever. But I honestly cannot understand on any level how Kurt has been ruined in that relationship - dude has been freaking Mother Theresa, taking the high road, always forgiving. With Blaine however, we have seen him go from confident, caring, supportive, loving guy to a needy, weak, spineless, lying, creepy, clingy, cheating boyfriend. Since S4 EVERY relationship issue the pairing has had, has been due to some character failure on Blaine's part. And now we have that lovely Karofsky spoiler. Blaine as a character has not been allowed to grow not once since S4 and instead it's like he regresses and gets worse with every new season. It almost makes me think they should have kept them as best friends and dragged the will they/won't they to the series end. But who am I kidding, with these writers, they would have still found some way to ruin the characters .

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I didn't say it was a GOOD story. I just think it's probably been planned for awhile now. I've expected another Klaine split since Ryan's interview about the end of season 5, where he said that the Klaine " saga" would be a big part of the final season.

For Kurt the most I have seen him do is be a little distant and stand offish and it was primarily because he didn't really know what was going on with Blaine.

I want to be fair here and add that there was more to that on Kurt's part, in NYC. It was very clear at the end of New New York that Kurt had some blind spots about making space for Blaine in his life. He still basically considered the loft his own space, not theirs, for example. However, it's also clear than in the effort to cut down Blaine to size from the "teenage dream", the writers in their infinite wisdom decided that their best bet was to make him a whiny insecure mess. 

I'm still trying to decide it I want to watch the utter disaster S6 is shaping to be. Maybe I will out of morbid curiosity, if the MJ blog manages to spoil it completely before the air date. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I love them too and yet I fear that yes they will find a way to make it painful to watch them. Knowing Glee Sam has moved on and is bedding some random while Mercedes looks on with her heart broken. Hopefully, this will NOT be the case because out of all the couples this show has produced in my humble and honest opinion they were the MOST adorable, supportive, care-free, honest, and loving of them all. I may get others who disagree but they never played games, lied to each other, or asked each other to prove anything but their love for each other by being there for each other. So here is to my hope for a happy ending for these 2 and hopefully many others! :)

I didn't start watching this show until New New York. Mercedes and Sam are the reasons I tuned in and the reasons I went back and checked out previous seasons. I also came to like Artie.

I won't be a bit surprised to see Sam with someone and Mercedes looking on but I'll hope with you that they get a happy ending together.

• Love 1