Type keyword(s) to search

Press Conference: The Law & Order Media Thread!

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Raja said:

Reid Scott. Mid 40s, are they looking for younger eye candy among the cops?

Reid Scott is 47; Jeffrey Donovan is 55½.
Objectively more eye-candy-ish? Sure.
More able to leap from tall buildings in a single bound? We shall see.

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Reid Scott is 47; Jeffrey Donovan is 55½.
Objectively more eye-candy-ish? Sure.
More able to leap from tall buildings in a single bound? We shall see.

Well I did wonder about Brooks health when they had Donovan doing so many of the chase scenes

2 hours ago, Raja said:

Knowing today's TV landscape, probably.

But it sort of irks me, because when the show came on in 1990, George
Dzundza was clearly not GQ material. Neither was Michael Moriarty. Nor Jerry Orbach or Sam Waterston.

I hoped this show wouldn't fall into that mindset. Oh, well.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
16 hours ago, Raja said:

13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Knowing today's TV landscape, probably.

But it sort of irks me, because when the show came on in 1990, George
Dzundza was clearly not GQ material. Neither was Michael Moriarty. Nor Jerry Orbach or Sam Waterston.

I hoped this show wouldn't fall into that mindset. Oh, well.

The show already has a similar precedent with modelesque ADAs:

• Jamie Ross (Carey Lowell, 1996-1998)
  • Abbie Carmichael (Angie Harmon, 1998-2001)
  • Serena Southerland (Elisabeth Röhm, 2001-2005)
  • Alexandra Borgia (Annie Parisse, 2002-2006)
  • Connie Rubirosa (Alana De La Garza, 2006-2010)
  • Samantha Maroun (Odelya Halevi, 2002-)
Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

I like Reid Scott.  I don't know that I'd call him eye candy even though he is good looking.  But so is Donovan.

Maybe they want a more comedic tone or sarcastic tone?

I'm starting to think there's a story behind the departure. Maybe we'll get it one day.

But you know what I think he'd be great at?  DA.  

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Raja said:

Perhaps. I could see the conversation between NBC and Dick Wolf -

NBC Exec: We need to go younger with the cop side.
Dick Wolf: And cheaper.
NBC: Maybe someone a little more attractive.
NBC: We need to connect with a younger demographic.
Dick Wolf: And cut costs.
Jr. VP of Programming: But isn't the creative problem the legal side? And the writing not really thoroughly exploring the issues and social and political debates like the original run?
Dick Wolf: WTF kid? They are cheap and never question the scripts. What else matters?
NBC: And they are young and attractive. Moving on, we need to come up with some sort of plan for Organized Crime so Meloni keeps showing up on SVU...

Edited by wknt3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
10 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

Perhaps. I could see the conversation between NBC and Dick Wof -

Jr. VP of Programming: But isn't the creative problem the legal side? And the writing not really thoroughly exploring the issues and social and political debates like the original run?
Dick Wolf: WTF kid? They are cheap and never question the scripts. What else matters?
NBC: And they are young and attractive. Moving on, we need to come up with some sort of plan for Organized Crime so Meloni keeps showing up on SVU...

I think this👆 conversation might work just the same if "NBC Exec" and Wolf took each other's lines. 😉

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

While I really liked Reid Scott on Veep, I just can't get over my disappointment that they're going back to the middle-aged white guy default detective. Could they not imagine a world with two detectives who were POC? Or a world were they were not both men? That Nina Cassady remains the only woman detective in Mothership history is just embarrassing.

Since Unbelievable, I have been dying to Dick Wolf back up the money truck to get Toni Collette or Merritt Wever into the L&O universe. While it may be a pipe dream, what a missed opportunity for someone like that (and Wever *is* not only an Emmy winner but a franchise repeat offender).

• Like 2
5 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

Since Unbelievable, I have been dying to Dick Wolf back up the money truck to get Toni Collette or Merritt Wever into the L&O universe

I get you meant as a main character, but Merritt Wever was already on Criminal Intent in the S2 episode, "Tomorrow".

As sad as it is, Cassady seemed so poorly received on the Mothership, maybe TPTB just don't want to risk it again. I don't agree with that, but those involved in the franchise probably believe that the mixed partner pairings on SVU and CI make up for the lack of it on the original, or something.

On another note, Happy Thanksgiving today to all who celebrate! For everyone else - including our Canadian neighbors who have already had their Thanksgiving - Happy Thursday!

• Like 3

Hopefully this new detective played by Reid Scott fits in smoothly right away, the way Shaw did last season. Introductions to new characters have been a mixed bag on L&O, some characters have been strong from the start while others have been shaky. I wonder if they’ll address where Cosgrove is - they didn’t even say a word about Bernard last season. Cosgrove grew on me a lot after a rough start and I liked his partnership with Shaw, and I’m disappointed we only got 1 season of that pairing. I have no clue why Jeffrey Donovan left the show, knowing Dick Wolf it wouldn’t surprise me if it was something to do with cost/money, but I’ll say again I wish it was Maroun or Price leaving - I don’t hate them the way some do but the legal side needs improvement and perhaps getting a new prosecutor would give that side of the show a spark, as both Price and Maroun lack distinct personality. But hopefully the new detective will be a good fit from the start and maybe they’ll get the legal side improved and cut back on the glaring flaws in legal writing. I seem to enjoy the revival more than most, and I look forward to season 23.

• Like 6
15 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I get you meant as a main character, but Merritt Wever was already on Criminal Intent in the S2 episode, "Tomorrow".

Oh sorry, yes I was thinking of her for already being someone Wolf has gone to a few times (the pilot for Conviction, three L&Os and the aforementioned CI episode, which is a favorite). So she seems like exactly the kind of person he might promote into the universe in an established, regular leading role.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I have no clue why Jeffrey Donovan left the show, knowing Dick Wolf it wouldn’t surprise me if it was something to do with cost/money

"…sources close to the show tell us that Donovan was let go for creative reasons" (tvline.com/news/jeffrey-donovan-leaving-law-and-order-season-23-frank-cosgrove-1235081134).

My guess:
"Creative" differences + Budget = something like:
Sure, Jeffrey, we can pay you more per line," followed by the next script showing Cosgrove has almost no lines with more directions like "dark look", "startled look", "annoyed look," etc. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

Hopefully this new detective played by Reid Scott fits in smoothly right away, the way Shaw did last season. Introductions to new characters have been a mixed bag on L&O, some characters have been strong from the start while others have been shaky. I wonder if they’ll address where Cosgrove is - they didn’t even say a word about Bernard last season. Cosgrove grew on me a lot after a rough start and I liked his partnership with Shaw, and I’m disappointed we only got 1 season of that pairing.

Hopefully like Lupo and Bernard we will get near peer team rather than the Sergeant (senior) and junior detectives that most teams were. And since Frank had mentored Jalen time for him to fly without training wheels. I just used head cannon to retire Detective Bernard him and Lupo being in more gunfights that the rest, it had been 10 years since the school shooting, and he was already an IAB detective when introduced

• Like 3
21 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

As sad as it is, Cassady seemed so poorly received on the Mothership, maybe TPTB just don't want to risk it again

The whole snide "Detective Beauty Queen" crap didn't help. Look how popular S. Epatha Merkerson was. I don't think it's a gender problem; it's a writing problem.

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The whole snide "Detective Beauty Queen" crap didn't help. Look how popular S. Epatha Merkerson was. I don't think it's a gender problem; it's a writing problem.

I always thought that "Detective Beauty Queen" crap was done on purpose to put a stop to any other women being written in as one of the detectives on the mothership. I don't remember any of the guys having a background that was thrown in the face for almost the entire first season they were on the show. Cassidy was only around that one season so it's what people remember most about the character.

I also hated how Cassidy's behavior in the show made Anita behave towards her. It was an awful situation all around and was uncomfortable to watch at times.

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 6
On 11/23/2023 at 8:26 AM, wknt3 said:

Perhaps. I could see the conversation between NBC and Dick Wolf -

On 11/23/2023 at 8:39 AM, shapeshifter said:

I think this👆 conversation might work just the same if "NBC Exec" and Wolf took each other's lines. 😉

Respectfully disagree. For all of his many faults, Dick Wolf has never been about the eye candy and has always been willing to cast outside of the network box - as long as the talent doesn't get too uppity or too greedy.

1 hour ago, Jaded said:

I always thought that "Detective Beauty Queen" crap was done on purpose to put a stop to any other women being written in as one of the detectives on the mothership. I don't remember any of the guys having a background that was thrown in the face for almost the entire first season they were on the show. Cassidy was only around that one season so it's what people remember most about the character.

I am under the impression that this was casting imposed on the show by the network, and had nothing to do with the actress (who has done a lot of work for DWP since) or with it being a woman. It also didn't help that the writing had been going down hill for awhile and hit a nadir that season.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 11/24/2023 at 3:35 PM, wknt3 said:

I am under the impression that this was casting imposed on the show by the network, and had nothing to do with the actress (who has done a lot of work for DWP since) or with it being a woman. It also didn't help that the writing had been going down hill for awhile and hit a nadir that season.

I'm confused if not political like making the ADA and the Lieutenant permanently women when Richard Brooks was let go or nepotism for Milena Govich then what was NBC forcing? And why?

Along with the Beauty Queen line with Lt Van Buren going hard on Detective Cassidy before the audience got through the first half hour she was also a rookie cashing in a Golden Ticket for winning a gun battle something I was surprised still happened.  Where as all the other detectives were portrayed as seasoned professionals. Even when Detective Cosgrove was mentoring Shaw he was already a homicide detective in another precinct when he joined.

Beyond the detective team being the same, although often racially and religiously diverse it has been a long time and the male Executive ADA  has only  had a young woman with him since, with it inferred that DA McCoy got close to many of them. I guess one turned out to be a lesbian.

30 minutes ago, Raja said:

I guess one turned out to be a lesbian.

"Turned out to be" is exactly right.

ADA Serena Southerland famously (and ridiculously) was permitted by writers and TPTB to come out of a well-hidden closet to viewers in her last line of her last episode, stating that, apparently, at least from 2001-2005, she had been a "lesbian."

It's pretty amazing that nearly 20 years later nobody from L&O-land has shared in even a tweet how that line came to be. 
IIRC, we never did see Serena look remotely interested in any men or women.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Raja said:

I'm confused if not political like making the ADA and the Lieutenant permanently women when Richard Brooks was let go or nepotism for Milena Govich then what was NBC forcing? And why?

Why I have heard was that NBC execs wanted somebody younger and "hotter" than the producers intended and that Govich was a bit of a compromise - a known quantity by Dick Wolf whom the network suits found acceptable. But there was still bad blood with the production team in not being given a free hand in casting decisions, as they felt (with some justification) they had demonstrated a better track record than the network in that department.

Beyond the detective team being the same, although often racially and religiously diverse it has been a long time and the male Executive ADA  has only  had a young woman with him since, with it inferred that DA McCoy got close to many of them. I guess one turned out to be a lesbian.

Many? Other than Claire it was always pretty clear that Jamie and Abby would not put up with that sort of thing. As you mentioned Serena was a lesbian and I cannot see Jack McCoy being interested in anyone as bland as Borgia. Heck I think even Logan would probably take a pass...

• Applause 2
13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

"Turned out to be" is exactly right.

ADA Serena Southerland famously (and ridiculously) was permitted by writers and TPTB to come out of a well-hidden closet to viewers in her last line of her last episode, stating that, apparently, at least from 2001-2005, she had been a "lesbian."

It's pretty amazing that nearly 20 years later nobody from L&O-land has shared in even a tweet how that line came to be. 
IIRC, we never did see Serena look remotely interested in any men or women.

About the infamous Serena lesbian reveal, the actress wanted to leave the show on a memorable note so that’s why they did that. I think they regretted it later because it was so bizarre and out of left field.

9 hours ago, wknt3 said:

Why I have heard was that NBC execs wanted somebody younger and "hotter" than the producers intended and that Govich was a bit of a compromise - a known quantity by Dick Wolf whom the network suits found acceptable. But there was still bad blood with the production team in not being given a free hand in casting decisions, as they felt (with some justification) they had demonstrated a better track record than the network in that department.

Many? Other than Claire it was always pretty clear that Jamie and Abby would not put up with that sort of thing. As you mentioned Serena was a lesbian and I cannot see Jack McCoy being interested in anyone as bland as Borgia. Heck I think even Logan would probably take a pass...

About Jack’s relationships with colleagues, he was romantically involved with 4 - one was Ellen, his ex wife and mother of his daughter, one was Sally Bell, who appeared a few times as a defense attorney, one was Diana Hawthorne, the one who withheld evidence in the serial killer case, and the last was Claire. So yeah that’s a few interoffice romances for Jack. After Claire, the only one I could’ve seen Jack potentially becoming involved with was Abbie, because they had great chemistry, nothing happened there but she’s the only one I could see it with - Jamie had a kid and was fairly busy with that and going through her custody battle so I couldn’t see her getting involved with a colleague, Serena was a lesbian, Borgia was very bland and didn’t have much chemistry with Jack and only worked with him for a short time, and with Connie there was a big age gap, although Jack and Connie did have great chemistry.   
I think it was smart to keep all romance stuff offscreen with Jack, even his romance with Claire wasn’t shown and was only revealed after Claire’s death. The very minimal personal stuff is one reason why L&O is such a great show. 

• Like 4
19 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

About Jack’s relationships with colleagues, he was romantically involved with 4 - one was Ellen, his ex wife and mother of his daughter, one was Sally Bell, who appeared a few times as a defense attorney, one was Diana Hawthorne, the one who withheld evidence in the serial killer case, and the last was Claire.

In one of the early scenes of Claire meeting Jack, she says "I hear you slept with all your assistants" and he says "Only 3 in 24 years in this office". Later Claire says "I checked. You've only had 3 female assistants"!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
23 minutes ago, illdoc said:

In one of the early scenes of Claire meeting Jack, she says "I hear you slept with all your assistants" and he says "Only 3 in 24 years in this office". Later Claire says "I checked. You've only had 3 female assistants"!

Yeah that’s in Second Opinion, Claire and Jack’s first case working together and Jack’s first episode on the show. So yeah Jack has had 4 office romances. 

• Like 3
On 11/23/2023 at 3:52 PM, shapeshifter said:

My guess:
"Creative" differences + Budget = something like:
Sure, Jeffrey, we can pay you more per line," followed by the next script showing Cosgrove has almost no lines with more directions like "dark look", "startled look", "annoyed look," etc. 

Another thought about 

"…sources close to the show tell us that Donovan was let go for creative reasons" (tvline.com/news/jeffrey-donovan-leaving-law-and-order-season-23-frank-cosgrove-1235081134).

"Creative differences" attributed to Jeffrey Donovan's departure from the show could also mean:

• decisions about what kind of guns to use on set in the aftermath of the much-publicized tragic death on the site of the still-not-released Rust movie (about that: wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_shooting_incident).

or:

• the use of AI in chase scenes instead of body doubles, since neither of the 2 detectives seemed quite up to that task. In Apple TV's recent Lessons in Chemistry series, 81-year-old actor Beau Bridges appears in a lengthy walking flashback scene, digitally enhanced to make him look 30 years younger. The effect reminded me of the walking movements of the 1950s Clutch Cargo "action" series animation (youtu.be/Oa0X9hj_7nU&t=637).
  • Like 2
On 11/22/2023 at 6:21 PM, Door County Cherry said:

I'm starting to think there's a story behind the departure.

What does "creative differences" normally mean? Like, Donovan was unhappy with the way his character was written or something?

14 minutes ago, Hava said:

What does "creative differences" normally mean? Like, Donovan was unhappy with the way his character was written or something?

Personally, I think “creative differences” is just a cover for money being the real reason he was written out. The only other thing I can think of is maybe they wanted a fresh face on the show for season 23 and thought the show needed a change, so they wrote him out, hoping the new character will bring more to the show. As I said earlier in the thread, if the reason they wrote him out is because they wanted a new face, they should’ve written out Price or Maroun, because the legal side has more issues than the detective side - the police side was working well last season and was clicking, the legal side less so. I disliked Cosgrove at the start but he grew on me a lot and I thought they did a good job with him last season, while Price and Maroun have soured on me some - but maybe the showrunners thought Cosgrove was the character viewers disliked the most and wrote him out. If that is the case, it gives me less confidence in the writers because they chose to focus on the part of the show that was working better. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Xeliou66 said:

Personally, I think “creative differences” is just a cover for money being the real reason he was written out.

I know Donovan was making like $150-200k per episode of Burn Notice, so maybe they weren't able to match or exceed that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Hava said:

I know Donovan was making like $150-200k per episode of Burn Notice, so maybe they weren't able to match or exceed that.

Juts knowing Dick Wolf shows and how they operate, it wouldn’t shock me if this was a cost cutting move.

• Like 3

I saw a bit of info about the upcoming season and the new detective - the new detective played by Reid Scott is named Vincent Riley - and the blurb of info I saw from the magazine said that the character is a friend of Dixon’s but has some enemies elsewhere in the NYPD. That doesn’t sound promising IMO - I don’t want this new detective to bring baggage in or have personal issues that drag down the show. Frequently less is more when it comes to introducing new characters. Hopefully they’ll do a decent job with him and he’ll have good chemistry with Shaw. But I’m still not really happy they got rid of Cosgrove when he had settled in to a nice dynamic with Shaw and had become a solid character.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I saw a bit of info about the upcoming season and the new detective - the new detective played by Reid Scott is named Vincent Riley - and the blurb of info I saw from the magazine said that the character is a friend of Dixon’s but has some enemies elsewhere in the NYPD. That doesn’t sound promising IMO - I don’t want this new detective to bring baggage in or have personal issues that drag down the show. Frequently less is more when it comes to introducing new characters.

I'm not too worried about it. It's PR after all and many of the characters have had backstories and dynamics that were either adjusted or ignored as necessary. I mean if they were doing the same sort of story about Lennie Briscoe back in the day you would have probably had the same reservations and that turned out not too bad.

Hopefully they’ll do a decent job with him and he’ll have good chemistry with Shaw. But I’m still not really happy they got rid of Cosgrove when he had settled in to a nice dynamic with Shaw and had become a solid character.

Now here I agree completely! As most of us have said if they wanted to shake things up a bit they should have gone with the legal side. Maybe have Maroun get killed and then a disillusoned Shaw goes to work for the DA's office while one of the more popular characters from one of the other series in the franchise transfers to the 2-7. I mean how could that sort of thing NOT work?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, wknt3 said:

I'm not too worried about it. It's PR after all and many of the characters have had backstories and dynamics that were either adjusted or ignored as necessary. I mean if they were doing the same sort of story about Lennie Briscoe back in the day you would have probably had the same reservations and that turned out not too bad.

Now here I agree completely! As most of us have said if they wanted to shake things up a bit they should have gone with the legal side. Maybe have Maroun get killed and then a disillusoned Shaw goes to work for the DA's office while one of the more popular characters from one of the other series in the franchise transfers to the 2-7. I mean how could that sort of thing NOT work?

I’m not too worried, I know they have to give some backstory to the new character, I’m just kind of disappointed it was Cosgrove who was written out and not Price or Maroun - it’s the legal side that needs a hell of a lot more work than the detective side. And I won’t panic if Detective Riley gets off to a bit of a rocky start - Cosgrove got off to a bad start and I came to like him, and hell even the beloved Lennie got off to a bit of a bumpy start in his first appearance. 

I know in the second half of your post you are joking and alluding to what happened on L&O: LA, that being said I honestly think Shaw would make a better lead prosecutor than Price, I’m not joking about that. Price really soured on me towards the end of last season. 

• Like 6
On 12/30/2023 at 4:59 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I know in the second half of your post you are joking and alluding to what happened on L&O: LA, that being said I honestly think Shaw would make a better lead prosecutor than Price, I’m not joking about that. Price really soured on me towards the end of last season. 

Shaw did a couple of interrogations last season where he so sliced up the suspects that I absolutely co-sign this opinion. I didn't think much of Price before but after the one last season where he didn't tell the whole truth when he was involved with the murder victim and at the crime scene, I really soured on him too.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, ML89 said:

Shaw did a couple of interrogations last season where he so sliced up the suspects that I absolutely co-sign this opinion. I didn't think much of Price before but after the one last season where he didn't tell the whole truth when he was involved with the murder victim and at the crime scene, I really soured on him too.

That episode (worst episode of the season IMO) plus the season finale where he was going all soft and wanting to cut a deal with the shooter because of his past tragedy soured me on Price big time. He just started seeming lackluster and soft. 

• Like 2
On 12/28/2023 at 8:55 PM, Hava said:

It can mean anything.  It can literally mean creative differences or it can be a euphemism for something else.  At the time Chris Noth decided to leave, I think some of the initial departures had some sort of "creative" reason when it was because one hated Noth, another didn't want to film in NYC and then Noth wanted more money.  The truth didn't come out until later.  

Had they gone with anyone other than a white male in his late-ish 40s, creative differences might have been easier to buy. But as it is, he sounds too similar to Cosgrove. I find it hard to believe that something they're doing with him is going to be a wide departure from what we had. Maybe we'll know more once we see the character in action. 

• Like 5
On 12/28/2023 at 9:55 PM, Hava said:

15 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

It can mean anything.  It can literally mean creative differences or it can be a euphemism for something else.  At the time Chris Noth decided to leave, I think some of the initial departures had some sort of "creative" reason when it was because one hated Noth, another didn't want to film in NYC and then Noth wanted more money.  The truth didn't come out until later. 

Yep - it's one of those show business terms like "Executive Producer" or "actively developing" that can mean anything or nothing. And as far as those initial departures are concerned I think you are oversimplifying a bit. Dzundza hated everyone from Dick Wolf down to the craft services team...

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I was mistaken. They didn't cite "creative differences" but "creative reasons" for letting Donovan go. Meaning, Donovan wasn't the one who had a disagreement about something, but the producers had a reason (creative or otherwise) for letting him go. I think that may be a small but important difference. 

• Useful 4
4 minutes ago, ML89 said:

Pics of the new detective plus a link to the tweet with the trailer for all 3 L&Os returning January 18:

TV Line

I’m looking forward to the new season, although I don’t have a good feeling about the first episode, I have a feeling it will be clunky and preachy, more along the lines of modern day SVU than classic L&O. I just hope the new detective is a strong character, I won’t panic if he gets off to a bumpy start given how several new characters got off to rocky starts and became strong characters, but hopefully the new guy will fit in well from the start. I hope they explain where Cosgrove went - it pissed me off that they didn’t even mention Bernard last season.

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m looking forward to the new season, although I don’t have a good feeling about the first episode, I have a feeling it will be clunky and preachy, more along the lines of modern day SVU than classic L&O. I just hope the new detective is a strong character, I won’t panic if he gets off to a bumpy start given how several new characters got off to rocky starts and became strong characters, but hopefully the new guy will fit in well from the start. I hope they explain where Cosgrove went - it pissed me off that they didn’t even mention Bernard last season.

I've seen Reid Scott in 2 other shows. In both he was not only very attractive on the screen, but his acting was excellent.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I hope they explain where Cosgrove went - it pissed me off that they didn’t even mention Bernard last season.

And we have still never learned what happened to Lupo...I guess he really did join the FBI! I've been watching the 19 and 20 eps as they've come around on cable and they really were a good team.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, ML89 said:

And we have still never learned what happened to Lupo...I guess he really did join the FBI! I've been watching the 19 and 20 eps as they've come around on cable and they really were a good team.

Yeah I liked Lupo and Bernard together, they were a good team. I figured they wouldn’t reference Lupo since it had been a decade since he was on, but since Bernard returned for a season of the revival it was poor that they didn’t mention where he went in season 22.

• Like 1
On 1/10/2024 at 5:16 PM, Xeliou66 said:

it pissed me off that they didn’t even mention Bernard last season.

It made me especially mad because they said we'd hear about where he went and that never materialized.  Don't tell me you're going to tell me and then don't!

• Like 3

I didn’t know about Donovan’s departure until tuning in tonight!  I hadn’t been following this thread at all during the off season. How are they explaining his departure in the show?  I just watched but must have missed something if they explained.  I don’t mind the new gut but I liked Donovan also. 

13 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I didn’t know about Donovan’s departure until tuning in tonight!  I hadn’t been following this thread at all during the off season. How are they explaining his departure in the show?  I just watched but must have missed something if they explained.  I don’t mind the new gut but I liked Donovan also. 

Its being mentioned in the episode thread but I missed what must have been a quick line on my viewing. It seems something like what happened to Detective Logan happened to him and he retired if I am reading the board between the lines right.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Raja said:

Its being mentioned in the episode thread but I missed what must have been a quick line on my viewing. It seems something like what happened to Detective Logan happened to him and he retired if I am reading the board between the lines right.

It wasn't very clear, just that he got "jammed up" and seems to have retired. So far as we know, he isn't walking a beat on Staten Island so...

This is an explanation of the new guy's past that will be coming out in Ep 4 - warning SPOILER-Y so if you don't want any spoilage, don't click!

More about New Guy Will Be Revealed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1