Type keyword(s) to search

I can't believe how quickly they glossed over Erik's mom being a nun? So many questions. What happened to his father? Is she a catholic nun? Is he religious? When exactly did she do this? Like just...what?

• Love 4

I can't believe how quickly they glossed over Erik's mom being a nun? So many questions. What happened to his father? Is she a catholic nun? Is he religious? When exactly did she do this? Like just...what?

I can answer the when. They said it was when Erik turned 17. I wonder if her husband had recently passed or perhaps she'd wanted to be a nun for a long time. Like you, I have many questions!

I'm mean for saying this, I own it, but when Nadine said that Erik is exactly what she pictured when she dreamed about her wedding, I was like, "Really?!l" He's so odd looking (to me).

There's something weird about him, in general. His concern about his mom and Nadine "watching out" for her. She's your mom- entertain her yourself! Nadine was just a bit busy during rehearsal. Ugh, I was rolling my eyes the whole time.

Nadine needs to stop with the bangs. They bug me.

• Love 4

I was kind of liking the bangs. I think I need to look at more updated hair styles! <sees myself out>

No judgment from me, SuzWhat. I should've clarified- bangs in general don't bug me. Her thick, long bangs just seem so uncomfortable. I just want to push them back because it looks so hot with all that hair there, lol.

• Love 1

Nadines voice grates.. Or moreso I think its the way she speaks, as if every word she is saying is very profound. Kind of a stage voice, no matter what she's saying, it is like she's on Oprah, having her moment teaching millions how to live.

• Love 5

Right there with you CopTop. Her voice is just awful. Every word is emphasized, or maybe most words. You ain't profound, girl! And her mouth seems to have to work overtime to get the words out. Well, the left side does, anyway.

She said something about being the first beauty blogger. I'm doubting that, too, though I don't follow any beauty bloggers. Happily, I have better (or different) things to worry about. However, she does a good job with the makeup, because without it, she's kind of a potato face, if that makes any sense.

She's a brat, and she's going to make her husband's life hell. He seems like the type who will put up with it. She seems like the type who will enjoy making him pay for every little mistake and will enjoy airing her grievances while Enunciating. Every. Last. Word. 

Dude, you brought it on yourself. 

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 2

Nadine looks SO familiar to me and I can't figure out why.  It was driving me nuts!

They have, undoubtedly, the stupidest fights on the three couples.  She seems really passive-aggressive.

• Love 2

Nadine reminds me a bit of Tara Reid, the actress from "American Pie." (I just don't know if I should describe her as "the poor man's Tara Reid" or vice versa since Tara can look pretty effed up at times.)

• Love 2

I have a theory that Erick married his mother - but I posted my explanation on the second episode thread. 

I do agree, that the mother turned nun now in her later years needs more explanation. I want the backstory !

• Love 1

Fuuuuuck. What is up Nadine's ass? She isn't happy if she isn't complaining. I have a really low tolerance for the type of woman who think nagging and complaining are cute female virtues. I've never really understood the idea of finding 10 things to bitch about before I get out of bed as some twisted proof of my value as a woman.

Can't believe I thought I would like her...

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

The bangs! The BANGS!!!

I just want to move her hair away from her face. It's seriously driving me crazy (I wrote about the bangs before. Clearly, I have an issue).

Other than the bangs- her manner of speaking and brattiness are also incredibly off-putting.

Basically- I do not like this woman.

And please tell me the breakfast in bed was just for the cameras. Every morning? That was also kind of a weird breakfast (& I love lox).

Edited by DeeplyShallow

I am being driven crazy on where else I've seen Nadine, too. I suspect it was on some third-tier reality show.... Junior Project Runway Housewives Below Charmed Deck, or something like that. Because.... yeah.... that's all I watch.

• Love 1

Someone upthread mentioned that they kind of glossed over Erik's mother being a nun.  I have no idea what the real story is, but my aunt is an Episcopal nun.  She joined an order after she and my uncle divorced.  So yeah, it's possible that she's divorced or widowed, and also, nun doesn't necessarily mean Catholic nun. 

Nadine gives me an Amazing Amy vibe from Gone Girl. Watch out, Erik!

Ermahgerd! stfu, I thought the same thing!!!!

Gone Girl for sure. I'm looking at her, and I'm like, she looks familiar...... Ive seen her before somewhere...

Thats IT!!

• Love 1

I can totally see Erik on "Ninety Day Fiance".

Probably would have worked out better for him.

Naw, as funky as Nadine is, she's nowhere near as bad as a female version of Mo would be :P

• Love 2

I think Nadine reminds me of Noelle Reno from Ladies Of London, who has always reminded me of Elizabeth Montgomery. It's the little nose, inflection and little mannerisms that connect them all for me.

That being said I got through the first episode tonight and I like them all. I did get a kick out of how many times Kirk said "All I do is write the check" I believe he grew up hearing his dad say that same phrase and it's what he knows. He's a big guy though and I like that, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers if you know what I mean.

• Love 1

The bangs! The BANGS!!!

I just want to move her hair away from her face. It's seriously driving me crazy (I wrote about the bangs before. Clearly, I have an issue).

I just think they both have seriously ugly hair.  I'm not getting his haircut...at all really.  It looks like he had the neighborhood kid who comes around to cut the grass have a go at his head.  Very unattractive to me.  And yes, her hair is so sixties. 

• Love 2

The way Nadine talks out of the side of her mouth reminds me of Mary Jo Buttafuoco - After The Shooting.

I'll show myself out now.

I am disappointed in myself for liking this post so much. Hilarious! I think that I will join you as you see yourself out.

Before I go and since I will most likely end up on the short bus to hell just let me say that the nun pisses me off so much. Who neglects her child by being an alcoholic and then abandons him by becoming a nun? Why would God call her to the ministry when she was needed to care for her child? Erick was talking about years of pain and she was making it about her and then trying to justify it by saying it made him stronger. Pain will do that. My heart aches for him. Too bad he married someone who appears to be self-absorbed. Despite that, I hope that this marriage works.

• Love 5

I do not think his  mother's elevator goes all the way to the top.  What the heck is the taking an hour to eat a salad? I love how he is shaking in his boots that she is a choosy eater and she might night like the French toast. Good luck to him. Her  Bio says baby was due May 31.

Nadine takes an  hour to eat a salad because the Dumb Princess read that chewing 9000 times ensures better digestion. Did I mention that I can't stand Nadine? Her poor schlub hub goes out and gets her French toast, and even then, Madame is not pleased. Nadine: FU!

Only a truly sad sack like Erik would put up with that kind of treatment.

And his mom? What a piece of work. You abandoned him! You really did. I mean, sure, you think you heard God calling, but that's no excuse, lady. You did it for yourself, not so Erik could grow up faster. You can try to spin it, but I'm not buying it for one hot minute. Sheesh. And she seems to possibly have brain damage from her alcohol days.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3

I am disappointed in myself for liking this post so much. Hilarious! I think that I will join you as you see yourself out.

Before I go and since I will most likely end up on the short bus to hell just let me say that the nun pisses me off so much. Who neglects her child by being an alcoholic and then abandons him by becoming a nun? Why would God call her to the ministry when she was needed to care for her child? Erick was talking about years of pain and she was making it about her and then trying to justify it by saying it made him stronger. Pain will do that. My heart aches for him. Too bad he married someone who appears to be self-absorbed. Despite that, I hope that this marriage works.

As soon as she mentioned she was an alcoholic, it all made sense to me. Addicts are the most selfish people you will ever meet and I'm not sure all of that selfishness goes away once they begin recovery.  His mother is insanely selfish and it's sad that even after getting sober, she still chose herself over her son.  Typical addict mindset.  Erik makes me sad.  He is so starved for love and attention, it makes my heart hurt.  He really crosses me as still being that lost, neglected little boy.

• Love 7

I volunteer to be Erik's new mom. Not a fan of French toast either, but I would eat every bite if he joyously bought it to me. (Yes, I know that he brought the toast for Nadine, but he was rebuffed. Women in his life do not treat him well).

Call me Erik.

I must have misunderstood but I thought Erik said his dad was the alcoholic.  He said he abandoned the family and his mom became a nun when he was 17.  Poor guy, he has been neglected.  I come from parents that are narcissists. No addictions but purely into things for themselves, especially my mother.  It sucks but it does make you a strong individual.  You learn to rely on only yourself.  I have a great caring husband so that helps in dealing with life.

ETA, I just read the Nun topic as I have not seen this episode so I stand corrected that Erik's mother was an alcoholic. Yikes

Edited by raiderred1

I don't care too much for Nadine, but I think her relationship with her dad is sweet. He's likely the reason she is the way she is though, so there's that lol. But the hospital scene where he meets Aurelia and kisses Nadine on the forehead- I'm not gonna lie, it brought a little tear to my eye. That's a special moment.

• Love 1