Type keyword(s) to search

Multiverse: Cast in Other Roles

Between this show and Agent Carter, I have been catching up on Nikita thanks to Netflix. In season 3 episode 11, Black Badge, the entire main cast of 12 Monkeys was there! I wonder if the show runners or production company are the same? It was funny seeing Amanda's (Cassie's) face on a wall to stop a government conspiracy this time.

As a Center Stage fan, I get excited whenever Jody Sawyer aka Amanda Schull shows up on anything. A few years ago she started guest starring on a lot of shows I watch (Pretty Little Liars, Castle, Psych, Suburgatory, Grimm, Castle, Hawaii Five-O, Lie to Me, Bones). When she showed up on Nikita, I was hoping she would be a bad guy who would get to fight with Maggie Q because dancers and gymnasts often make great fighters who don't need stunt doubles. Their fight scene was pretty awesome.

• Love 1

Speaking of Center Stage, I noticed that it had apparently been added to HBO's repertoire this month (and is coming on in about 15 minutes). I plan to watch it for as many of the 8 million times it gets run as I can.

• Love 1

Wow, I totally forgot that Amanda Schull was on Nikita.  Thanks to that clip though, it's all coming back to me.  That's four now that appeared on this show: her, of course, both Aaron Stanford and Noah Bean, and the actress playing Max, Romina D'Ugo, was in Season Two episodes "Doublecross" and "Power."

In non-Nikita stuff, Kirk Acevedo is one of those actors I've seen in a ton of stuff, and always loved.  Probably best known either for Oz or Fringe, but he was great in Band of Brothers, and it's fun whenever he guest on other shows like The Walking Dead, Grimm, Legends, Person of Interest, and the Prime Suspect remake (which, I thought turned out great after a shaky pilot.)

Aaron Stanford also played Pyro in X-Men 2 and 3, and was also in an episode of Mad Men.  Between him and Arrow's Caity Lotz, a lot of actors I normally wouldn't associate with Mad Men, end up on that show.

Finally, Tom Noonan has been his normal creepy self in everything from Hell on Wheels, to The Blacklist, to Last Action Hero, to even the hilariously bad, The Cape.

Speaking of Center Stage, I noticed that it had apparently been added to HBO's repertoire this month (and is coming on in about 15 minutes). I plan to watch it for as many of the 8 million times it gets run as I can.

Cole, you're an amazing time traveler but as a boyfriend, you kind of suck.
  • Love 2

Amy Sloan, who appears as Ramse/Kirk Acevedo's long lost love interest, Helena, in the episode "Yesterday," and who is probably Hey It's That Girl! to most viewers, to me will always be Daniel's war time nurse Leda Kane in the "Icon" episode of Stargate SG1.

I did recognize "Elena" but from what I don't remember.  Probably a bunch of stuff.

I'm hoping for more Deacon because I love Todd Stashwick in everything I've seen him in.  Love for Kirk Acevedo too.  Another great actor who shows up in a lot of stuff.

The revelation of this show to me is Aaron Stanford, who I had never seen before.  I find him compelling, and his Cole is both conflicted and resolute.  That this comes across as complex and nuanced, rather than flakey and unfocused is, I feel, a testatment to his acting.

I have been watching 12 Monkeys and Schitt's Creek since they began airing (and last year they aired concurrently) but I had no idea until the very last episode of S2 of Schitt's Creek a few weeks ago that Jennifer Goines = Stevie! I kept thinking that Stevie looked familiar but I assumed it was because she reminded me of Ally Sheedy on Schitt's Creek. I have no idea why it never clicked in my head that it was the same actress but now I can't unsee and I'm waiting for Stevie to go apeshit on David.

Jennifer Goines/ Emily Hampshire also played Celery on Rookie Blue, who was a whole different kind of crazy. I also didn't realize that for quite awhile...

The only other thing I saw Aaron Stanford in was Third Watch, where he played a Russian teenager (Sully's stepson)... IMBD had to tell me that, but I remember the character. 

While doing a re-watch of the first season of Fringe a couple days ago, I missed - or didn't recognize - the first time through that Noah Bean (aka, Aaron) was in one of the middle episodes of that season.  He and KA (aka, Ramse) even shared some screen-time.

(edited)

Finished season 3 a week ago, now I still can't get away from seeing anyone and everyone in other roles.

Saw Jennifers father (Leland Goines - Zjelko something) on Madam Secretary yesterday, and in light of a dance movie marathon on a local channel, they're airing Center Stage. 

Edited by aliferous85

Amanda Schull will be a series regular in Season 8 of USA's Suits. She has had a recurring role since 2013 (IMDb).

From a TVLine article:

“Amanda Schull and Katrina Bennett have been a part of the Suits extended family for years, and I am very excited to welcome them both into our immediate family,” showrunner Aaron Korsh said in a statement. “Katrina will continue her journey on the road to senior partnership while learning some hard new lessons throughout the course of the season.”

Last night I watched An Awkward Sexual Adventure, which is a very by-the-numbers Canadian romantic comedy co-starring Emily Hampshire.  What I didn't realize until yesterday was that I had seen this movie many years ago but did not know Emily Hampshire at the time.  It made me enjoy this movie more the second time.

Basically, Hampshire plays Julia Bowe, the world's most conservatively dressed stripper.  She's also your basic manic pixie dream girl.  A conservative accountant from Winnipeg, named Jordan, gets dumped by his girlfriend for being too boring in bed.  On vacation in Toronto, he meets Julia at her club and agrees to help fix up her finances if she teaches him how to be better at sex.  They inevitably end up falling in love and he dumps his girlfriend and helps Julia open some sort of restaurant.

(edited)
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, this made me laugh so hard!

Maybe because it's just so cold in Canada?  Here in the United States, attorneys wear less clothing than she does.

Edited by Ray Adverb
(edited)

Looks like Aaron Stanford is going to be on Fear the Walking Dead. And so it looks like I’m gonna have to pick that show up again.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, bethy said:

Looks like Aaron Stanford is going to be on Fear the Walking Dead. And so it looks like I’m gonna have to pick that show up again.

Dagnabbit. I gave up on the mothership last year and thought I was done with zombies. I tried to watch Fear the first season, but thought it was terrible. I hope it got better. 

Here's the Comic Con trailer. There are glimpses of Stanford in it. 

• Love 1

So now Amanda Schull is on Suits and Aaron Stanford is going to be on FTWD...

Fear the Walking Dead Adds 12 Monkeys' Aaron Stanford
By Tim Surette | Jul 20, 2018
https://www.tvguide.com/news/fear-the-walking-dead-casting-12-monkeys-aaron-stanford-mo-collins-tonya-pinkins-stephen-henderson/

In Season 4B, the changes will continue as Fear the Walking Dead is adding a handful of actors, including 12 Monkeys' Aaron Stanford. This is what we in the business call "good casting." Stanford is a genre star, having also starred in Nikita and X-Men: The Last Stand, and in addition to being a great actor, he just looks like a guy who would be wandering the desert after a zombie apocalypse, right?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2018 at 8:02 AM, tv echo said:

Stanford is a genre star, having also starred in Nikita and X-Men: The Last Stand, and in addition to being a great actor, he just looks like a guy who would be wandering the desert after a zombie apocalypse, right?

So true - as we saw in 12 Monkeys, he really does have a classic post-apocalyptic look.  Virus, zombies, it's all one!

• Love 3

Todd Stashwick (Deacon) has a major role in the live-action Kim Possible DCOM as Kim's arch-nemesis Dr. Drakken.

Here's the one-minute trailer:

Edit: The movie will premiere on Friday, February 15, 2019 @ 8pm Eastern.

Edited by Just Here
added premiere date
  • Love 1