Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

Is she going to be the floater?

I thought that SA said that the floater character originated on Arrow. Although I suppose if we're going to get technical, that could apply to Caitlin, since she and Cisco both appeared on Arrow briefly before season one of Flash.

• Love 1
(edited)

The floater could even be Malcolm (the new Ra's), since the LOA will be connected to LOT via Sara's resurrection via the LP, and since the Flash has also been connected to the LOA via Barry's trip to Nanda Parbat.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)
If Sara is being brought back to life in Legends of Tomorrow, why doesn’t she immediately want to reunite with her family on Arrow? — Anna

It sounds like that’s something she’ll be struggling with on Legends. “The thing that I like about Sara is she was always battling demons,” Caity Lotz told my colleague Samantha Highfill when she posed that very question. “She’s going to have a roller coaster. She doesn’t have a straight path. It’s not like, ‘Okay, this is where she is, she’s going to be good or she’s going to be bad.’ I think it’s going to be a lot of that.”

Spoiler Room: Scoop on Thrones, Hannibal, Legends of Tomorrow, and more

BY NATALIE ABRAMS • Posted May 15 2015 — 3:30 PM EDT

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/15/spoiler-room-thrones-hannibal-legends-spoilers

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

That doesn't make sense. Why would she not reunite with her family? And I figured her resurrection would be on Arrow, not on LoT.

ETA: Rereading it, it sounds like Caity was talking around the question, trying not to give too much away. She didn't specifically say she wasn't going to reunite with her family.

Edited by Starfish35

Do we know how many episodes this is going to be? Is it 13, or is it only 8, like Agent Carter? Also, is this replacing Flash or Arrow mid-season, like taking over one of their time slots?

• Love 1

It's 13 eps, and per the trailer coming in 2016 so maybe it's their first-up midseason replacement?

SpoilerTV has a BTS featurette here (look fast, the Supergirl one is already gone), where MG says the intent is to essentially make a 13-hour megamovie.  It also includes an exchange between Grant and Wentworth that's priceless if it's an off-camera adlib and not part of the script.

• Love 2

I'm not sure they are going to launch this as a replacement. Likely not, because they want it to be big and to cross over with Arrow and The Flash in the right moments. Crazy Ex Girlfriend seems to be 12 episodes and if I'm not mistaken (I don't follow reality stuff) American's Next Top Model will be over by mid-season. So that's two free slots. It's unclear if iZombie will get a full season, too. 

I expect for this show to launch after either Arrow or The Flash after Supernatural is moved (to Friday or whatever) or iZombie's season is over.

I'm probably going to have to watch this. I wasn't sure, but seeing Sara again was pretty cool in that trailer, and I kind of like the idea of the 13-episode movie thing. Plus, with all the crossover stuff I'm sure I'm going to end up sucked in, because I always want to be caught up with that.

I'm probably going to have to watch this. I wasn't sure, but seeing Sara again was pretty cool in that trailer, and I kind of like the idea of the 13-episode movie thing. Plus, with all the crossover stuff I'm sure I'm going to end up sucked in, because I always want to be caught up with that.

The odd thing for me is that Sara has been dead for a while -- and likely wasn't embalmed since she was already officially dead (there was no funeral home viewing or formal burial after Thea killed her), so her body would be in a very advanced state of decay (unlike Thea who was only nearly dead when restored by the LP).  Are there limits for the LP from the comics ?

I realize that the imdb page isn't always accurate, but seeing Diggles name in that cast  leads me to believe that he's probably the floater.

Also I'm speculating that Flash was included in some of the action scenes to work as a placeholder for Jay Jackson aka Wally West.

Poor Brandon Routh, even though we know who Caity's playing, she's still the most talked about in this spin off. With the added mentions of it was clearly all CL in those fighting shots. She looks even better than when she was on Arrow. Her extra training she took on her own is paying off. 

• Love 1

What I wonder about Routh was he told he was getting his own spin off show, then later they called him in and said "On second thought, we're going to make it a big group thing instead" or was he just told "You're going to be part of a new show". Because if it's the former, I'd imagine that would be pretty crushing to basically be TOLD you weren't good enough on your own.

I'm guessing Hunter picks this group because they're strong, capable people who, frankly, won't be missed. That is, if you take Oliver out of Starling for any length of time it falls apart and Barry is pretty important to Central too so he can't really sweep them off to some new adventure. But Sara is dead to the world at large, for all we know Ray might be too, no one knows Hawkgirl or, outside of Flash, Firestorm, and Cold/Heatwave are criminals. Taking them probably doesn't put too much strain on the timeline.

So on IMDB all of the actors from this show are listed as part of the cast for Flash's finale.  I guess that means they are setting something up on Tuesday and will go into back stories on both shows in the Fall.  Could be fun.  I really do want to see Sara see Laurel and Nyssa again.

I think Barry's time traveling so maybe some future version of the already assembled team comes back in time to stop him from whatever he went back in time to do.

I think as someone suggested we'll be seeing time travel to the past to meet up with DC historical heroes like Jonah Hex in the old west. A visit to WWII and Steve Trevor also seems like a given. What other historical events in the DCverse a tree they likely to visit?

• Love 2

I think Barry's time traveling so maybe some future version of the already assembled team comes back in time to stop him from whatever he went back in time to do.

I think as someone suggested we'll be seeing time travel to the past to meet up with DC historical heroes like Jonah Hex in the old west. A visit to WWII and Steve Trevor also seems like a given. What other historical events in the DCverse a tree they likely to visit?

Well according to the preview for Flash Barry goes back to the night his mom died. so that may be what will cause the team to want to stop him, since saving his mom will surely change the timeline.

SpoilerTV has a BTS featurette here (look fast, the Supergirl one is already gone), where MG says the intent is to essentially make a 13-hour megamovie.  It also includes an exchange between Grant and Wentworth that's priceless if it's an off-camera adlib and not part of the script.

Heh, the music at the start of that BTS clip is the main theme from Command and Conquer: Generals.  Loved that game.

What I wonder about Routh was he told he was getting his own spin off show, then later they called him in and said "On second thought, we're going to make it a big group thing instead" or was he just told "You're going to be part of a new show". Because if it's the former, I'd imagine that would be pretty crushing to basically be TOLD you weren't good enough on your own.

On the other hand, he seems to be enjoying himself in the clips shown.  So he could be glad they're not writing Ray as serious stalkerish dude, and instead writing him as Cisco's science bro.  Also, Wentworth Miller might be contagious.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder if Oliver is going to be the first floater to setup the show in fall seasons of flash & arrow, until he passes the torch to the real floater. He does have some free time & it gives him something to do rather than get right back into defending SC. Plus it would be nice tribute to his character since his show is the one that made them all possible. If they're gonna use arrow to setup LoT would like OQ to have active role in it.

As for the real floater-

I used to think Malcolm, but not since he became Ras- but it could work. Just don't see it as easily.

I think flash would miss Caitlin& Cisco so can't see them becoming floaters.

I could see it working out for both Lyla & Quentin.

Lyla seems to be getting more traction at the moment. So long as they figure out a way for her to still be a family with diggle & lil sara - her being floater might be best option. She's a woman which helps balance show. She has connections to morally grey organizations. She can kickass. Her character is liked but is generally not critical to any major a plot/story arcs on arrow or flash so she won't be missed but rather a pleasant addition when LoT crosses with the shows.

Edited by kismet

Being the floater doesn't have to involve being removed from the original show. Having Diggle, for example, showing up on LoT or Flash from time to time to dole out information or assistance doesn't mean he isn't going to still primarily be on Arrow. But I still think Lyla makes the most sense. She originated on Arrow, which fits, and is apparently still connected to Argus (despite what the show said about her quitting) which puts her in the best position to offer help to Oliver, Barry and whoever is the lead in LoT.

• Love 4
(edited)
I wonder if Oliver is going to be the first floater to setup the show in fall seasons of flash & arrow, until he passes the torch to the real floater. He does have some free time & it gives him something to do rather than get right back into defending SC.

Oliver may have free time but I doubt Stephen Amell has. He probably has a lot of workload on Arrow set, too much to appear for more than one episode extensively. 

My money's on Lyla, it fits all too well and I'm so game for it. Loved her since Arrow season 2 and not seeing the wedding and her family with Diggle is one of the few regrets I have for not having watched s3.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

Note that The Flash is running 3 minutes over tonight. I'm willing to bet that a chunk of that is the LoT preview... DVR accordingly in case you have conflicts.

Just for fun I showed the trailer to my brother, who hasn't seen any of Arrow or Flash and doesn't know much about DC. His major comment: "So, is the guy in the suit just a complete Iron Man ripoff?"

• Love 1

It occurred to me that, with this show's characters all having some type of awesome nicknames, the shipping fandom should totally avoid boring portmanteaus and go in the Once Upon A Time direction. I mean, just imagine - White Hunter! Iron Hawk!* Fire & Cold!

*Why yes, The Atom is totally Iron Man in this case, so let's go with "Iron".

• Love 2
(edited)

How about Cold Canary and Fire Hawk. 

I've been watching some reaction vids for this trailer because they showed up on my Youtube feed. The biggest reactions have all been for Sara's return. For almost all of them the best things they said they saw was her and Vandal Savage. The Atom reactions were most when he shrunk, a few weren't looking forward to seeing him again but are the checking the show out now because of everything else. 

Not saying this everyone's opinion, I watched 6 of them and they were all pretty much the same. 

I get that the Atom may be an awesome character in the comics, but in live action you need the right actor to be able to pull it off. It doesn't seem like Routh was able to do that on Arrow. Hopefully he can do something different on this show. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

White Heat. Cold Hawk. Atom Fire. Cold Storm. I could do this all day but I won't. :)

If they had made Ray Palmer more like his comics version, in both powers and personality, he might have worked better. Just making him a cut rate Iron Man doesn't do either of them any justice. Palmer, for the most part, never wanted to be a superhero. It's just that when Batman or Superman shows up at your lab asking for help it's hard to say no. The actor is more of a subjective thing. 

Yeah, I haven't kept up with all the reactions but it seems like Sara is a big draw for a lot of people, though Hawkgirl has some pretty devoted fans and I think some people are curious to see what's going to happen with Firestorm.

• Love 1

To be honest, everytime I think about Heatwave, Captain Cold, and Atom I feel a sense of dread about watching this show. I loved Prison Break, which makes me sad that I can't stand CC and Heatwave. They are both just so badly written and over the top. They come off so cheesy and corny. All my problems with Atom are the same as everyone else's.

I don't like Firestorm or Ronnie so I'm not looking forward to him either. The character just seems convoluted to me and from what I've seen of Ronnie in Flash I don't like him.

I'm seriously only planning on watching this show for Sara since she's my favorite Arrow character. She's the main and pretty much only draw to this show for me.

I hope Hawkgirl, Rip Hunter, and Vandal Savage are at least intriguing since as of now Sara is my only draw to this show.

• Love 1
I don't like Firestorm or Ronnie so I'm not looking forward to him either. The character just seems convoluted to me and from what I've seen of Ronnie in Flash I don't like him.

Then (like me) you'll be glad to know he won't be on the show. It's unclear if another character would replace him as Firestorm (probably yes), but Robbie Amell won't be a regular.

To be honest, everytime I think about Heatwave, Captain Cold, and Atom I feel a sense of dread about watching this show.

I kinda suspect Heatwave will be the sacrificial goat. The network sure doesn't hype him in any way. I mean, we didn't even get him when Cold let those villains out, and it would have been a natural moment to show him. Neither was he in the trailer. It's suspicious.

• Love 2

I'm also thinking Heatwave is going to be "Those of you who survive at least" that Rip said in the trailer. 

I also thought they said we'd find out why Ronnie wasn't in the announcement for this show in the Flash finale. I didn't see anything that gave me that answer. He's still alive or is it him being married to Caitlin means he's staying on the Flash until they need Firestorm for battle? 

The only thing I can guess is that however they resolve the Flash wormhole deal is going to create an alternative timeline where Ronnie isn't part of Firestorm, but Victor still is.  They have announced that we are going to be dealing with Earth 1 and Earth 2 and that things will be different when season 2 of Flash begins.

Also, now that they have confirmed Cisco and his Vibe abilities - I think we can conclude he is the floater yes?  I mean if he can sense the differences between alternative timelines that would make the most sense.  Plus I love him and Ray together and would appreciate more of that.  Plus, plus if Heatwave does bite it AND Golden Glider joins the team early on - she and Cisco are kind of fun.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think the show will ever create a real alternative timeline, though. Maybe for a few episodes, but not permanently, because of one big reason: crossovers. If Barry becomes The Flash later by real Wells, then it means he didn't meet Oliver and Team Arrow in Arrow season 2... Etc, etc. It's a shame actually because I really wouldn't mind a reset of some kind for this show. There's just no fun in time travel if nothing really changes.

UPD, so as not to create 2 posts one after another: I was just thinking that the events of The Flash, with the vortex and everything, may somehow influence Cold to get actual superpowers (maybe he'll fuse with the gun?) Because I really have no idea why this low-level criminal with a gun that could be easily taken from him (or Cisco could create a copy) would be needed or trusted to save the world. Of course, they can always go the good old "Because it happened in the future" excuse, but it would really suck. At least if he gets superpowers it would make a tiny bit more sense.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

I feel bad for the three that can't fly (Canary, Cold and Heatwave), hopefully they get some cool motorcycles so they can keep up with them.

Also having Victor Garber and Caity Lotz, this show is already better than Arrow and Flash right now. I can't wait to see how Stein gets along with the deceased assassin. 

• Love 2

I feel bad for the three that can't fly (Canary, Cold and Heatwave), hopefully they get some cool motorcycles so they can keep up with them.

I vote for Legion flight rings!  Or call the folks at Marvel and see if they can borrow the Fantasticar.

I was thinking that Ronnie getting zapped when he and Caitlin were trying to shut down the accelerator would somehow affect his powers, though that doesn't explain how/why Stein is able to merge with someone else.

I was thinking that Ronnie getting zapped when he and Caitlin were trying to shut down the accelerator would somehow affect his powers, though that doesn't explain how/why Stein is able to merge with someone else.

I also thought his zapping would have some consequences, but then, he looked perfectly fine later. Maybe they're saving that for next season. 

• Love 1
The only thing I can guess is that however they resolve the Flash wormhole deal is going to create an alternative timeline where Ronnie isn't part of Firestorm, but Victor still is.  They have announced that we are going to be dealing with Earth 1 and Earth 2 and that things will be different when season 2 of Flash begins.

Also, now that they have confirmed Cisco and his Vibe abilities - I think we can conclude he is the floater yes?  I mean if he can sense the differences between alternative timelines that would make the most sense.  Plus I love him and Ray together and would appreciate more of that.

interesting theories. 

From Matt's Inside Line:

Turning to DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, the cast was hard-pressed to elaborate on the midseason CW drama, seeing as no one had seen a script for the pilot yet. (They only filmed a trailer for this month’s Upfronts.) That said, Brandon Routh allowed that I made “a pretty good guess” that Ray/The Atom’s exploded body has been reconstituted using miniaturization-capable nanites; Ciara Renee said that the origin of her winged hero, Kendra Saunders, will be “melding some [Hawkgirl origin stories] together”; and Franz Drameh was super-mum on what powers high school jock Jay Jackson (MIA from the trailer) might bring to the table” – though the actor himself “was in the London Youth Circus for a little while.” Hmm.

http://tvline.com/2015/05/26/gotham-season-2-new-dc-villain-villainess-spoilers/

I just keep getting more excited for this show. I'm really looking forward to seeing all these different personalities work together. I do hope they are able to balance the light and dark more then they have on The Flash and on Arrow. They are dealing with an immortal caveman that wants to rule the world, but I hope they can joke with each other a bit while they are fighting him. Like Heatwave or Captain Cold calling Sara a zombie or something. I want them to have some fun while dealing with apocalyptic things. 

• Love 3

I never watched Prison Break but I've enjoyed how snarky CC has been on The Flash.  Between that and Victor Garber's dry style of sarcasm, I have high hopes for some snarky humor.  (Caity Lotz isn't bad at it either.)  

I should probably be more wary because MG is still producing but you can't love time travel  (which I do) without accepting plot holes and paradoxes of all kinds, so maybe his won't be as noticeable with LoT as they are with Arrow. 

• Love 2

I can't believe they've tied Caitlin down into a marriage in season 1.

The wedding was a little random. But it's another reason I think something is going to happen to Ronnie next season on Flash. This is a CW show - they're not going to tie down one of their main characters so early on unless it wasn't going to be permanent. I think Ronnie will be dead by the time LoT starts, and that's why they're being so vague about who the other half of Firestorm is going to be.

• Love 3

I try to limit my enthusiasm because I loved Arrow season 2A SO MUCH and look how it has turned out (I won't even start about The Flash). So really, as long as they don't ruin Sara, I can live with it.

• Love 1

I think I'm excited because I never had a show kill off my favorite character then bring them back to star in their own show. I guess that really shows how popular Sara actually was. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I was rooting for Sara to get her spinoff back in s2. I think I'd prefer Birds Of Prey proper, but I'll settle for LOT happily.

I also never had this experience in, let's say, real time, but my favorite show ever, Angel, also had the protagonist get back from the dead for it to happen, so i guess I've encountered something in this vein.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah Angel died and came back for his spin off. Plus Darla Spike died and came back as well.

Plus Buffy was killed off at the end of season 5 and came back.

Edited by tarotx

I liked Buffy and Angel, but they were never my favorite characters. Darla and Spike never got their own show.

Lots of shows had characters come back from the dead, however Sara is still a first for me. She was a secondary character meant to give up her place for another character, was killed stupidily and now brought back because of the fan reaction. 

• Love 1

Now that I'm thinking about it, i was inches away from Faith getting her own show, too. She really was my favorite female character of Buffyverse and she did get written off for a few years. If only Eliza Dushku didn't choose True Calling....

• Love 1

I know you ment for you. Spike was a season regular season 5 on Angel. Though most people already figured he was joining Angel when he "died" in the series finale of Buffy. Darla was just a cool take on coming back to life. No longer a vampire but dying from her human illness. So I mentioned her.

I'm super happy about Sara. She is my girl and why I'm stoked for the Spin off.

• Love 2