Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Just now, AwesomO4000 said:

that would include such silliness as Perfect Strangers

Ok, but Perfect Strangers was kind of great.

Oooooh another show I forgot to mention, though -- Strangers with Candy. That show still cracks me up just thinking about it.

3 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

Oh watch it rue! Norma's not really gone!

This season rocks!!

I want to watch it...eventually will...but every time I go to finish last season and start the new one, I'm like, "but what can the show even be like

Spoiler

without Norma?!" I can't wrap my head around it.

I always kind of hated Norman (he's always been such a s***), and Dylan has somehow found a way to become even more boring than Emma, but I know I'll watch if only to see Romero. And to see Norma's shriveled corpse or whatever they're going to do to her now that she's just "Mother" and not Norma anymore, poor thing.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, SueB said:

REALLY?  

I'm impressed.  I'll give up red wine or chocolate before I'd give up SPN.  Unless, of course, you're joking... 

But if you are not, see ya on the flip side.  

Red Wine?! NEVER!!

• Love 1

I couldn't BEGIN to put down my favorite TV shows -- especially in rank order.  Seriously.  Here's a randomly order listing of shows that I would stop what I was doing and watch:

SciFi/Fantasy: Supernatural, Buffy, Angel, Star Trek TOS, Star Trek, TNG, Star Trek DS9, Star Trek Voy, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (the original... I'm still waiting to binge watch the reboot... don't judge me), Merlin, Legend of the Seeker, Dark Angel, iZombie, Smallville, Twilight Zone, Wonder Woman, The Time Machine, .... and I'm sure there's more

Drama/Action: Mad, Men, The West Wing, This is Us, 24, Prison Break, Sherlock, M*A*S*H, Poldark (the one from the '80's, haven't seen the new one), The Waltons, Game of Thrones

Comedy: Psych, Galavant, Friends, The Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pyle USMC, The Carol Burnett Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Wow.... I gotta get a life....

• Love 1
1 minute ago, rue721 said:

Ok, but Perfect Strangers was kind of great.

Oooooh another show I forgot to mention, though -- Strangers with Candy. That show still cracks me up just thinking about it.

I want to watch it...eventually will...but every time I go to finish last season and start the new one, I'm like, "but what can the show even be like

Hide contents

without Norma?!" I can't wrap my head around it.

I always kind of hated Norman (he's always been such a s***), and Dylan has somehow found a way to become even more boring than Emma, but I know I'll watch if only to see Romero. And to see Norma's shriveled corpse or whatever they're going to do to her now that she's just "Mother" and not Norma anymore, poor thing.

Just watch the first episode of this season.....heh!

2 minutes ago, SueB said:

I couldn't BEGIN to put down my favorite TV shows -- especially in rank order.  Seriously.  Here's a randomly order listing of shows that I would stop what I was doing and watch:

SciFi/Fantasy: Supernatural, Buffy, Angel, Star Trek TOS, Star Trek, TNG, Star Trek DS9, Star Trek Voy, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica (the original... I'm still waiting to binge watch the reboot... don't judge me), Merlin, Legend of the Seeker, Dark Angel, iZombie, Smallville, Twilight Zone, Wonder Woman, The Time Machine, .... and I'm sure there's more

Drama/Action: Mad, Men, The West Wing, This is Us, 24, Prison Break, Sherlock, M*A*S*H, Poldark (the one from the '80's, haven't seen the new one), The Waltons, Game of Thrones

Comedy: Psych, Galavant, Friends, The Andy Griffith Show, Gomer Pyle USMC, The Carol Burnett Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show

Wow.... I gotta get a life....

I will never, ever forget when Carol (as Scarlet) came down the stairs with the curtain rods on her shoulders!!

Delighted someone else watched The Waltons! I've been afraid to admit it. But I got Mick into Murder She Wrote, and The Gilmore Girls!

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow favorite shows that's really hard. M*A*S*H, Mad Men, The West Wing, China Beach, Friends, Happy Days, Supernatural, Homefront, ER, Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, The Midnight Special, Maud (really any Norman Lear show), Mary Tyler Moore Show, Judging Amy, Friday Night Lights, The Wonder Years, Carol Burnett Show, The Waltons, Little House On The Prarieand Star Trek TNG.  Not in any particular order and wow this list shows my age, lol.o

Edited by Diane
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

I will never, ever forget when Carol (as Scarlet) came down the stairs with the curtain rods on her shoulders!!

Delighted someone else watched The Waltons! I've been afraid to admit it. But I got Mick into Murder She Wrote, and The Gilmore Girls!

My favorite moments was when they couldn't hold it together on the Carol Burnett Show.  They had such a good time.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Regardless of anything else, please pack as little work as possible!

Not taking anything work related because grades will be done tomorrow if everything works out.  Struggling with what layers to bring since I live where it doesn't stay cold long.  I think I've worn my so called jacket 3 or 4 times.  But since I'll be walking in the cold, that different than just walking to go indoors.

Goofy shows,  oh I have those too, Hogan's Heroes had two reasons.  I met one of the actors that my mom went to school with.  He taught a few classes before he passed away at the Theatre Convention I attended.  I also love Leverage.  And dare I say it...I use to watch General Hospital...I still watch it off and on.  But back in the day it got really stupid.  :)

• Love 1

If we are talking daytime Days of Our Lives and General Hospital with Rick Springfield and John Stamos.

3 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

Not taking anything work related because grades will be done tomorrow if everything works out.  Struggling with what layers to bring since I live where it doesn't stay cold long.  I think I've worn my so called jacket 3 or 4 times.  But since I'll be walking in the cold, that different than just walking to go indoors.

Goofy shows,  oh I have those too, Hogan's Heroes had two reasons.  I met one of the actors that my mom went to school with.  He taught a few classes before he passed away at the Theatre Convention I attended.  I also love Leverage.  And dare I say it...I use to watch General Hospital...I still watch it off and on.  But back in the day it got really stupid.  :)

Have a good trip, hope you have fun!

3 minutes ago, SueB said:

My favorite moments was when they couldn't hold it together on the Carol Burnett Show.  They had such a good time.

Loved that Tim Conway lived to make Harvey Corman crack and he did every time!

4 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

Struggling with what layers to bring since I live where it doesn't stay cold long.

FWIW I would go with a big scarf and a waterproof jacket (solid/rugged leather jacket maybe), and reasonably solid shoes (like springtime boots or something). A couple sweaters you can wear as pajamas/lounge-clothes or as an extra layer if need be. Also a couple pairs of warm socks, just in case. Otherwise, I think you'll probably be fine with your regular clothes? Jeans and long-sleeves? How cold is it supposed to be? 60s?

If you're prone to allergies, though, sure you bring allergy medication, because it's going to be that time of year! We're starting to get blooms on the trees here in DC, so I'm thinking it'll hit up in NY in another week or two?

13 minutes ago, Diane said:

Wow favorite shows that's really hard. M*A*S*H, Mad Men, The West Wing, China Beach, Friends, Happy Days, Supernatural, Homefront, ER, Monty Pythons Flying Circus, Johnny Carson's Tonight Show, The Midnight Special, Maud (really any Norman Lear show), Mary Tyler Moore Show, Judging Amy, Friday Night Lights, The Wonder Years, Carol Burnett Show, The Waltons, Little House On The Prarieand Star Trek TNG.  Not in any particular order and wow this list shows my age, lol.o

Love that you have so many classics on your list. Happy Days! I was OBSESSED with that show as a kid. OBSESSED. I would watch it on Nick at Night, and in the summertime there would be a Thursday night block that was just episode after episode of Happy Days only. Damn straight I was hogging the TV those Thursday nights ;)

I think it was @AwesomO4000 who mentioned Quantum Leap, too? That was another one that I watched obsessively in reruns. Used to come on at 6pm on the Sci Fi channel when I was in middle school. Right before it (?) was the old Star Trek with William Shatner, and I would end up watching a lot of those, too, just waiting for my Quantum Leap fix. I hear they're doing a reboot?!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Diane said:

If we are talking daytime Days of Our Lives and General Hospital with Rick Springfield and John Stamos.

Daytime for me was Guiding Light for a little while in high school, but my favorite was the demented Passions. Timmy *sniff* and yes, I cried when he died.

1 minute ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Daytime for me was Guiding Light for a little while in high school, but my favorite was the demented Passions. Timmy *sniff* and yes, I cried when he died.

Martimmy's. My mom watched Passions and I cried when he died too. I also watched Santa Barbara. 

3 minutes ago, rue721 said:

FWIW I would go with a big scarf and a waterproof jacket (solid/rugged leather jacket maybe), and reasonably solid shoes (like springtime boots or something). A couple sweaters you can wear as pajamas/lounge-clothes or as an extra layer if need be. Also a couple pairs of warm socks, just in case. Otherwise, I think you'll probably be fine with your regular clothes? Jeans and long-sleeves? How cold is it supposed to be? 60s?

If you're prone to allergies, though, sure you bring allergy medication, because it's going to be that time of year! We're starting to get blooms on the trees here in DC, so I'm thinking it'll hit up in NY in another week or two?

Love that you have so many classics on your list. Happy Days! I was OBSESSED with that show as a kid. OBSESSED. I would watch it on Nick at Night, and in the summertime there would be a Thursday night block that was just episode after episode of Happy Days only. Damn straight I was hogging the TV those Thursday nights ;)

I think it was @AwesomO4000 who mentioned Quantum Leap, too? That was another one that I watched obsessively in reruns. Used to come on at 6pm on the Sci Fi channel when I was in middle school. Right before it (?) was the old Star Trek with William Shatner, and I would end up watching a lot of those, too, just waiting for my Quantum Leap fix. I hear they're doing a reboot?!

I forgot about Quantum Leap, loved it too. 

1 hour ago, 7kstar said:

Just make sure you wear something purple!

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Have a good trip, hope you have fun!

Loved that Tim Conway lived to make Harvey Corman crack and he did every time!

Hey Diane, do you remember "The Dentist" episode?! I know it by heart but it still makes me laugh crazy everytime! Even those two couldn't keep it together!

Like most things in my life, my TV viewing is very eclectic. There's really too many to list, but here's a few off the top of my head: Supernatural, Farscape, Dead Like Me, Psych, Star Trek (I like 'em all to a certain degree), Firefly, Carnivale, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Rectify, Mad Men, The Beverly Hillbillies, I Love Lucy...too many to list.

8 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Just watch the first episode of this season.....heh!

There's so very few shows on TV right now that I care to watch in real time and get involved in the discussion, so I'm slightly annoyed Bates Motel isn't on Hulu this year. Guess I gotta wait until it gets released on Netflix. Booo!

Hey, I just started watching The Librarians last week, only four episodes in, but so far I'm finding it an enjoyable romp.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Like most things in my life, my TV viewing is very eclectic. There's really too many to list, but here's a few off the top of my head: Supernatural, Farscape, Dead Like Me, Psych, Star Trek (I like 'em all to a certain degree), Firefly, Carnivale, The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, Rectify, Mad Men, The Beverly Hillbillies, I Love Lucy...too many to list.

There's so very few shows on TV right now that I care to watch in real time and get involved in the discussion, so I'm slightly annoyed Bates Motel isn't on Hulu this year. Guess I gotta wait until it gets released on Netflix. Booo!

Hey, I just started watching The Librarians last week, only four episodes in, but so far I'm finding it an enjoyable romp.

The Librarians? Isn't that Sera Gamble'a new show? 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

The Librarians? Isn't that Sera Gamble'a new show? 

No, that's The Magicians, which I have no interest in currently. Their early press was really off-putting to me for some reason...something about it being a better or more sophisticated Harry Potter. I've never read Harry Potter or watched any of the movies, but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Anyhoo, I really don't know how to describe The Librarians other than to say if you crossed the Men of Letters on Supernatural (which I realize is borrowed from many other universes) with Warehouse 13 and added a pinch of Farscape wack-a-doodle to it, you'd get The Librarians. Here's a promo from the first season: 

ETA: What I'm currently enjoying about the show is they just don't take themselves too seriously. It's meant to be fun and silly and it is.

Edited by DittyDotDot
8 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Just make sure you wear something purple!

Hey Diane, do you remember "The Dentist" episode?! I know it by heart but it still makes me laugh crazy everytime! Even those two couldn't keep it together!

I love that episode, it was comedy gold. I also like so many of the old shows, but when I was a kid, it was appointment tv.  I watched with my parents, Fantasy Island, Love Boat, Laverne and Shirley, WKRP in Cincinnati, Chico and the Man, All in the Family, I am sure there is more, just can't remember this morning.  Not sure if I loved the TV as much as we had more family time.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, SueB said:

I've literally bought all of The Librarians on iTunes but haven't had a "binge-time" to get to the series.  Looking forward to it.

I watched the 3 movies, but not the TV Show, is it about the same thing?  The movies were really entertaining.

6 minutes ago, Diane said:

I watched the 3 movies, but not the TV Show, is it about the same thing?  The movies were really entertaining.

It starts a few years after the last movie. So, it is about the same thing, but they open up the universe to a crop of new librarians. Like I said, I'm only a four episodes in, but they just finished airing the third season. I think it's on TNT.

I didn't realize there were movies until after I listened to a couple of the commentaries, so I'm planning to go back and watch those too now.

6 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

It starts a few years after the last movie. So, it is about the same thing, but they open up the universe to a crop of new librarians. Like I said, I'm only a four episodes in, but they just finished airing the third season. I think it's on TNT.

I didn't realize there were movies until after I listened to a couple of the commentaries, so I'm planning to go back and watch those too now.

They were good, Jane Curtain and Bob Newhart were in them.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Diane said:

They were good, Jane Curtain and Bob Newhart were in them.

Both Jane Curtain and Bob Newhart are in the series too. Well, the first couple episodes anyway. I don't think they're going to be regulars though. Noah Wyle reprises his role and is a main cast member. And, John Larroquette is part of the regular cast.

Oh, and a Supernatural connections: Lindy Booth (Vesta from A Rock and A Hard Place) is a main cast member.

• Love 1

Oh, also if anyone likes shows set in space, Expanse (on SyFy) is really good. It reminds me a little bit of the BSG reboot from a few years back.

A friend turned me on to it a few weeks ago, so I'm not that far into the series, though. I've been watching it on Amazon Prime Video, but it's probably streaming or on demand elsewhere, too?

1 minute ago, SueB said:

Great.  NOW I have to go hunt those movies down and watch them first.  *sigh* A fangirls life is always complicated #FirstWorldIssues

Just so you know, you don't have to watch the movies to follow the show. Like I said, I didn't even know the movies existed until after I watched the first four episodes. Of course, being the curious gal I am, though... .

1 minute ago, rue721 said:

Oh, also if anyone likes shows set in space, Expanse (on SyFy) is really good. It reminds me a little bit of the BSG reboot from a few years back.

I watched the first season a few months back, but couldn't fully commit to more. I really liked how they depicted what it might be like living in space, but somehow didn't fully buy into their universe. It's a very interesting show, though, and I'd recommend too.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I watched the first season a few months back, but couldn't fully commit to more. I really liked how they depicted what it might be like living in space, but somehow didn't fully buy into their universe. It's a very interesting show, though, and I'd recommend too.

I know what you mean -- it's a very good show, but it's not really hooking me for some reason. I think the characters aren't interesting enough (yet). But maybe they'll become so.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I know what you mean -- it's a very good show, but it's not really hooking me for some reason. I think the characters aren't interesting enough (yet). But maybe they'll become so.

The narrative isn't strictly linear, so the characters make more sense as you get towards the end of the season. But, like you said, it's a well-made and well-written show...maybe I shouldn't give up on it yet? 

ETA: I read somewhere it's based off a series of books. 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

The narrative isn't strictly linear, so the characters make more sense as you get towards the end of the season. But, like you said, it's a well-made and well-written show...maybe I shouldn't give up on it yet? 

ETA: I read somewhere it's based off a series of books. 

FWIW, that's my plan -- to keep going with it :) I think maybe it's a slow burn kind of thing. Something that just keeps growing on you.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

I watched this again a couple months ago! Always funny. She was a riot!!

From my childhood, MASH, Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley, All in the Family, Mork and Mindy, SOAP, Carol Burnett and the original Battlestar Galactica. Oh, Dukes of Hazard (loved John Schneider). Later I loved Quantum Leap, Sliders, Early Edition, Star Trek:TNG and Party of Five. During the 90s I decided I was watching too much TV and refused to pick up any new shows. I therefore literally watched nothing but sporting events until my son brought Season 1 of The Walking Dead on vacation. I did binge watch Prison Break after it was already cancelled so I don't count that. Prior to my unemployment in 2015, I only watched TWD and Outlander. Supernatural caught me as I had TNT on for noise while doing chores around the house. I'm sure you can see that with few exceptions, as an adult, I have a type.

Promos for The Librarians have caught my attention, but I'm determined to not pick up any more shows at this time.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SueB said:

I've literally bought all of The Librarians on iTunes but haven't had a "binge-time" to get to the series.  Looking forward to it.

It started as movies and this series was created by the same ones that did Leverage.  Christian Kane was in both.  It's now season 3 but the season is very very short.  Some I stories are better than others.  Flynn is showing up off and on but the others only show up a few times and won't spoil ya on what will happen.  It's stupid funny but I like it.

Should be finished packing but of course I'm not.  I've got purple covered.  I keep getting that New York is having a major cold spell when we go, 30 to 40's, it's the walking outside but once I get everything figured out, I will get excited.  Right now, freaking as I should have gotten more done....

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

It started as movies and this series was created by the same ones that did Leverage.  Christian Kane was in both.  It's now season 3 but the season is very very short.  Some I stories are better than others.  Flynn is showing up off and on but the others only show up a few times and won't spoil ya on what will happen.  It's stupid funny but I like it.

Should be finished packing but of course I'm not.  I've got purple covered.  I keep getting that New York is having a major cold spell when we go, 30 to 40's, it's the walking outside but once I get everything figured out, I will get excited.  Right now, freaking as I should have gotten more done....

Do you plan to see any plays? You can get cheap tickets "Day of" and when I lived there, there was a "Day of" booth right on Broadway. Don't forget Off-Broadway, the designation refers to seat numbers, not location.

I hope you have a blast! Post while you're there if you can, but don't waste the time if you can't. Fill us in when you get back! I'm so excited for you! You certainly deserve this!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

My second favorite thing on T.V., after Supernatural, is the NFL (Go Giants!) Today is the start of Free Agency.

My night is going to be insane!

Oh boy! I'm hearing rumors of Romo to my Broncos...and I just don't even know what to make of that!

• Love 1
(edited)

Romo is an injury machine! I swear either Romo or Luck will be the first quarterbacks to die on the field. But Eli needs an O-Line too.

I think Huston is gunning for Romo.

Adam Schefter's Twitter feed is insane right now!

Edited by Mick Lady

may not be able to post till I get back and yes we are checking out plays when we get there.  Found my missing purple shirt.  Done with students now to finish up packing.  Yes, I'm insane.  :)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 7kstar said:

may not be able to post till I get back and yes we are checking out plays when we get there.  Found my missing purple shirt.  Done with students now to finish up packing.  Yes, I'm insane.  :)

Purple Power!

• Love 2

Thank you, @DittyDotDot... I finally got a chance to watch the video. I'll be going to see the Avett Brothers in June. It'll be in a smaller venue than I've gotten to see them in the past, so I'm looking forward to it.

You were talking in the "You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural" thread about songs that remind you of the show.Below I put the Avett Brothers' one that reminds me of the show... though unlike your video, Seth is not sporting his "Sam hair" he usually wears later - though one concert I went to he'd cut it off... which just seems wrong. Doesn't he know that's how I tell them apart from out in the audience? Heh.

Here's the video - I'm limiting it to this one, because there are too many songs of theirs I like otherwise, especially from the I and Love and You album.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

One of our favorites was Streets Of Fire,

Oh, I love that movie, and most of the music in it. One of my favorites was "Tonight Is What It Means to Be Young"

And McCoy was a character ahead of her time. And the friendship/"'brother in arms" thing she had going with Cody was also ahead of its time. I loved how it was her and not the ex-girlfriend the hero (Cody) went away with in the end, and it wouldn't really matter if they ever had a physical relationship or not, because that wasn't the connection between them.

Man, now you've made me want to see that movie again, Mick Lady.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

This is really off topic, but does anyone remember Grind House Movies (Not the horror movies!)? They were just off the wall movies, that almost no one knew.

One of our favorites was Streets Of Fire, and this cool song is from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-57gtQk1lig

I don't know where my mind is tonight guys, but I wanted to share!

I've never heard of the movies, but that song takes me back to 6th grade school dances. The awkward finger snapping and shuffling of feet and giggling with the girls on one side of the room with the boys brooding on the other. Aww, good times! ;)

• Love 1

@rue721   Thanks for recommending The Expanse!

It was tough to follow the first couple episodes (had to use closed captioning to follow the dialogue), but I've just finished the 6th episode and am now hooked. Very dark, both look and mood, with a little bit of Blade Runner thrown in. Definitely worth checking out.

56 minutes ago, auntvi said:

@rue721   Thanks for recommending The Expanse!

It was tough to follow the first couple episodes (had to use closed captioning to follow the dialogue), but I've just finished the 6th episode and am now hooked. Very dark, both look and mood, with a little bit of Blade Runner thrown in. Definitely worth checking out.

I'm glad you like it! :)

9 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

You were talking in the "You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural" thread about songs that remind you of the show.Below I put the Avett Brothers' one that reminds me of the show

Thanks for putting some videos up there, guys, it sent me down a music-listening rabbit hole on YouTube last night :D

I would really welcome any (other) recommendations! What is everyone listening to lately?

I've been all about grunge the past couple days. Mostly the classics (tons and TONS of Nirvana, jeez but do I love Nirvana). But also lots of random, borderline grunge/pop from the late 90s that I loved as a kid but haven't listened to in years. Here's one of those oldies-but-goodies:  Sex & Candy by Marcy Playground. Oooooooooh here's another one:  I Think I'm Paranoid by Garbage. Oh and here's one that comes on my grunge Pandora station, but isn't actually grunge in the least (but that IS wonderful anyway -- I love Matchbox 20 and I am beyond being ashamed of it :P):  Push by Matchbox 20.

Also, apparently, St Patrick's day is now a huge, multi-week celebration, because this is the second weekend in a row where there are going to be some festivities (and it's not even St Paddy's day yet?!). Today it's an Irish rock festival. Cold as hell outside, but I guess that'll make getting drunk in the afternoon a little more appealing ;)

So, so much music reminds me of SPN, either because they've used a song in an exceptional way in the past (thinking about Spirit in the Sky) or for an iconic scene (Night Moves :P) or a song just feels like it fits. Or because I decided that a song fits a character so well that I always think of that character when I hear it (for Crowley, it's Back to Black by Amy Winehouse, and for Sam it's -- for some reason, I don't even know why -- Cut My Life Into Pieces by Papa Roach. Well, I guess the reason is because Sam seems like he would have been an ~angsty teen~ during the NuMetal era. I can just see him jamming out to that stuff in like 1999).

But in absolutely no way does ANY Irish rock remind me of SPN at all. Funny, that's apparently the only genre that I really can't associate with the show or any character.

Well, and despite loving grunge myself and listening to a ton of it regularly, it doesn't really remind me of SPN, either. Except that I always think of Dean's poor doomed friend Sid, who lived next door to Lisa in S6, because he was wearing a Blackhole Sun t-shirt to work out or something. So, thanks to Sid, grunge is still ahead of Irish rock in the "reminiscent of SPN" sweepstakes, I guess.

• Love 1

I can't keep track of the threads where we've discussed certain things. 

I was just watching the Out Of The Darkness episode when Castiel is approached by a kid with a shotgun. I just now realized the kid was Todd from Wishful Thinking.

That was a good episode. I usually hate when they bring kids into the stories, but it worked in that episode.

8416d65f6b3d22243a25c7a06a043d41.jpg

11 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Oh, I love that movie, and most of the music in it. One of my favorites was "Tonight Is What It Means to Be Young"

And McCoy was a character ahead of her time. And the friendship/"'brother in arms" thing she had going with Cody was also ahead of its time. I loved how it was her and not the ex-girlfriend the hero (Cody) went away with in the end, and it wouldn't really matter if they ever had a physical relationship or not, because that wasn't the connection between them.

Man, now you've made me want to see that movie again, Mick Lady.

I'm so glad someone else knows it! We have the DVD and the CD soundtrack!

Several of the songs were written by Meat Loaf's writer, Jim Steinman.

This is what happens when you marry a musician!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

This is really off topic, but does anyone remember Grind House Movies (Not the horror movies!)? They were just off the wall movies, that almost no one knew.

One of our favorites was Streets Of Fire, and this cool song is from it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-57gtQk1lig

I don't know where my mind is tonight guys, but I wanted to share!

OMG, that link you provided sent me on a bit of a YouTube journey...is that Diane Lane, Rick Moranis and Amy Madigan? Also, is that Michael Pare kicking people's asses and throwing them throw windows? Trippy!!! 

This movie looks fun, I'm gonna have to see if I can find it!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

OMG, that link you provided sent me on a bit of a YouTube journey...is that Diane Lane, Rick Moranis and Amy Madigan? Also, is that Michael Pare kicking people's asses and throwing them throw windows? Trippy!!! 

Hee, yup, and did you notice a young Williem Dafoe as the villain?

Amy Madigan's character, McCoy is the one I really liked.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Hee, yup, and did you notice a young Williem Dafoe as the villain?

Amy Madigan's character, McCoy is the one I really liked.

I've always loved Amy Madigan. It's not like I follow her around, but she'll crop up in something and it always makes me happy! 

Oh, and I did notice William Dafoe too, but forgot once I got to the thread. 

Trippy, trippy, trippy! ;)

• Love 1