Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Impala

• Start Topic

Until about a week ago, the weather had been too warm and weird for here (Norther Minnesota), but over the weekend we dipped below zero and got some snow today. YAY!!

I love winter!!! The colder the better, IMO. 

ETA: I've lived a few different places that seem to have the motto of "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute." My sister lives in Phoenix, the weather there creeps me out. I always feel like I'm stuck in some Groundhog Day episode when I visit her.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

My sister lives in Phoenix, the weather there creeps me out. I always feel like I'm stuck in some Groundhog Day episode when I visit her.

I lived in Tucson for a year and a half (3 semesters of grad school, actually); and I remember the radio announcer one (winter) morning, instead of giving the weather, saying, "another ho-hum day in Paradise."

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I lived in Tucson for a year and a half (3 semesters of grad school, actually); and I remember the radio announcer one (winter) morning, instead of giving the weather, saying, "another ho-hum day in Paradise."

Exactly! I remember one visit when I was sitting outside on a clear, sunny morning reading like I'd done the morning before and the morning before that...all the sudden I was sure I was stuck in a time loop and just didn't realize it. ;)

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

Exactly! I remember one visit when I was sitting outside on a clear, sunny morning reading like I'd done the morning before and the morning before that...all the sudden I was sure I was stuck in a time loop and just didn't realize it. ;)

OTOH, there was one morning in Tucson when it was pouring down rain, and the radio weatherman said cheerfully, "there's a 10% chance of rain today."  There was about a 10-second pause, when someone obviously poked him and pointed out the window, and then he continued (sounding a little embarrassed), "and right now, it's 10-percenting over most of Tucson."  

• Love 2

Since we are in show break, and holiday break for some, thought some people might be looking for shows to try out while they have time off (and/or need a mental break!)  These are all recent, and the post is kinda long, so just skip if not interested.

These first ones I found on Netflix:

The Returned
Caveat, Netflix has both the US and French versions, but I only watched the US one.  Imagine the plot of "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid", but taking place in another town where people have no experience in the supernatural and don't know how to deal with it.  Not just recently dead people either, but some who have been dead for decades.  It starts out as a show about normal people trying to deal with loved ones who have returned, then starts getting into the supernatural with a creepy kid who doesn't talk and visions of disaster.  The actor who played young Sam from the Zanna episode is in this, and FWIW Raelle Tucker wrote some of the episodes.  I think this was filmed around Vancouver, and I swear the downtown they use for downtown is the same one used in "Don't Call Me Shurley", the mountains and low clouds/fog around them looked really familiar.  WARNING if you cannot handle a series cliffhanger that is never resolved, you will have trouble with this.  The first season ran 10 episodes and was not renewed.  From what I understand, the French version (first season) is very similar in plot and does have a second season to watch.

Glitch
Imagine the same scenario as above, but now in a teeny Australian town, some of the people have been dead for over a century, and they don't remember who they are or how they died.  I enjoyed getting the backstories for these characters, and digging into the mystery of how and why they came back.  There are 6 episodes in this, and a second season is planned (should already be filming for release next year).

3%
This is a Brazilian series in Portuguese, but they do have an option for dubbed in English (which is the version I watched, and the voice acting was decent).  Everyone lives in slums, and when they turn 20, go through a series of tests to see if they're one of the 3% that makes it to the island (a utopia of sorts).  Part Hunger Games, some Divergent, but all dystopian future.  Took a few turns I did not expect!  This has a second season coming.

Black Mirror
Just started watching this, and I guess Netflix started me on the third season (which has 6 episodes).  I've seen the first two and liked both.  Each episode is a completely contained story with unique characters, and each deals with some form of technology.  The first with online popularity, the second with virtual reality gaming.  Looking forward to watching the rest, and finding out if the other two seasons are on Netflix.

Hinterland "Y Gwyll"
British detective show filmed in Wales.  Each episode is about 90 minutes long, and it has two seasons (4 in the first, 5 in the second).  I love the scenery in this, and how calm it is compared to American shows.  You're not going to find shootouts on the strip, or car chases down the interstate, just a lot of dirt roads and backcountry and abandoned manors and old school mystery.  The episodes themselves are only tangentially related to each other, and each one contains a story that is solved by the end of it.  I'm a big fan of British detective shows, and this showed up on my "because you watched..." list on Netflix.  It was the first show to be filmed in both English and Welsh (they basically filmed each episode twice, once for each language) as most of the actors are fluent in Welsh.  It flips to English when an actor is on screen that doesn't speak Welsh.  The Netflix version (as far as I can tell) only has the English one.  I also love hearing the Welsh names in this, and watching with subtitles on is fun to see the spelling, especially with people's names (Ffion is a girl's name??)

Not on Netflix:

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (BBC America/2016 version)
I am not a big Douglas Adams fan, but I remembered in the distant past that I liked this book more than the Hitchhiker series, so gave it a shot.  Turns out that I didn't remember a single thing about the book, because none of it made any sense to me at first (and I do not get British humor, like at all).  It took me three episodes before this finally clicked (there are 8 total, and a second season is in the works).  The show is very quirky, and has several unrelated plots that eventually (surprise!) become related.  It starts with a bellhop having an extremely bad day, running into a detective who thinks he's his best friend and can help him solve "the case".  How can you not try out a show that has Benny, Cuthbert Sinclair, Kevin, AND the non-Rudy hobbit?  Warning though, if you're tuning in (like I did) just to hear a bunch of cool British accents, you will be disappointed; only one actor uses it.

Shetland
Did I say I'm a fan of British detective shows?  This is another, but takes place in Shetland.  Again, love the scenery, and it baffles my mind that a place can look like that with nothing but low shrubby things and grass but no trees anywhere!  Funny enough, the first time I watched this I had a very hard time following the accent; I recently rewatched the first episode, and after 2+ seasons of Rowena, I found them EASY to understand this time around!  There are 2 episodes in the first season, 6 in the second, and each pair is based on a single book.  Apparently there is a third season out there that I have yet to see, again 6 episodes.

Bron/Broen "The Bridge"
Not to be confused with the craptastical mess of the US version (which starts with a similar plot but quickly goes off the rails), this is the Swedish/Danish original version.  The story starts with a dead body of a woman, placed on the bridge between Denmark and Sweden so that half of her is in each country; they start up a joint task force to uncover the murderer.  The Swedish detective is very quirky, while the Danish one tries to be everyone's best friend; the interaction between them is great, and the Dane takes it all in stride.  As far as I know the show was filmed in both countries, and I had no idea that bridge even existed until watching this show (it's part bridge, part tunnel).  It's three seasons, each is 10 episodes long and has one main storyline which is resolved by the end of that season.  It sounds like there will be a fourth and final season forthcoming.  More action than the British shows I've mentioned, including some shootouts, a bomb, and a car chase or two.  I even got my mom into this show!

Shows I have on my list to watch over the holidays:  Westworld, The Expanse, The Man in the High Castle, Preacher.

Anyone else have recommendations of shows to try out?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, pixelcat said:

Black Mirror
Just started watching this, and I guess Netflix started me on the third season (which has 6 episodes).  I've seen the first two and liked both.  Each episode is a completely contained story with unique characters, and each deals with some form of technology.  The first with online popularity, the second with virtual reality gaming.  Looking forward to watching the rest, and finding out if the other two seasons are on Netflix.

The other two seasons are on Netflix.  I will NEVER be over the 1st episode of s1 nor the second episode of s2. Possibly two of the most disturbing episodes of TV EVER.

Just now, catrox14 said:

The other two seasons are on Netflix.  I will NEVER be over the 1st episode of s1 nor the second episode of s2. Possibly two of the most disturbing episodes of TV EVER.

Ooooo I have something to look forward to then!

Just now, pixelcat said:

Ooooo I have something to look forward to then!

LOL. I will admit I almost gave up on Black Mirror after the first episode.  And it takes a lot for me to give up.  I made it half way through s2 of American Horror Story before I stopped watching. LOL

My Netflix viewing of late has been 

Rectify
re-watching Arrow
NARCOS s2  - 
Happy Valley
The 13th

So, I guess 2016 decided I needed one more poke in the eye with a stick.  I slipped and fell earlier today. Landed pretty hard on concrete.  I thought my shoulder was dislocated but no. Instead I have a fractured humerus which is not funny at all. It's my right arm which is my prominent arm so that 100% sucks. I finally got my car running again a couple of weeks ago but because it's a stick shift I can't drive. Doc doesn't think I will need any surgery, so thank goodness for small favors on that point.

I am thanking the universe for my next door neighbor, who heard me shouting for help. He took me to the emergency room and stayed with me. So now I'm on 800 mg motrin with a side of tylenol. Sigh.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

So, I guess 2016 decided I needed one more poke in the eye with a stick.  I slipped and fell earlier today. Landed pretty hard on concrete.  I thought my shoulder was dislocated but no. Instead I have a fractured humerus which is not funny at all. It's my right arm which is my prominent arm so that 100% sucks. I finally got my car running again a couple of weeks ago but because it's a stick shift I can't drive. Doc doesn't think I will need any surgery, so thank goodness for small favors on that point.

I am thanking the universe for my next door neighbor, who heard me shouting for help. He took me to the emergency room and stayed with me. So now I'm on 800 mg motrin with a side of tylenol. Sigh.

I am so sorry, that just sucks. I am sending you my good healing thoughts and prayers. Hope you will not need surgery. Thank goodness your neighbor was home. @catrox14 I hope 2017 is much better. 

Edited by Diane
  • Love 2

Catrox, sorry to hear of your fall.  I fell down the stairs years ago and just bruised my humerus, so I can attest to the fact that it can hurt like hell.  Sounds like you have a great neighbor, which is always a plus.  Sending wishes for a speedy recovery!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Sending healing prayers and thoughts.  I hope your pain fades fast and you recover quickly.  

• Love 2

Oh, catrox, I'm so sorry to hear about your fall. I can't even imagine not having use of my right arm since I can't do anything with my left! I'm glad about no surgery though, since that adds significantly to recovery time. Speedy recovery! Sending prayers your way. Also hoping you have some family/friends that can help you celebrate the holidays.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:58 PM, catrox14 said:

God Damn it catrox! 2016 has sucked for you!

Mick and I will be praying for you, and asking for 2017 to be your best year ever!

But honestly catrox, it seems you just can't catch a break of late, and you're such a good person. You deserve better! I'm really pissed now...

Okay guys, I'm starting it. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate!

I'm sorry, I'm just over the moon with happiness this year, but I know many of you are going through some tough times, and I honestly hurt for you all. I wish I could give all of you wonderful people a big hug, and comfort each and every one of you. Everyone here means so much to me, I hope you guys realized just how much I mean that! I'll say it anyway, I love you guys! Thank you for being here for me. I'll never forget it! This is a wonderful place, filled with exceptional people, and I'm humbled to be among you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

• Love 5
On 12/20/2016 at 7:39 PM, catrox14 said:

I made it half way through s2 of American Horror Story before I stopped watching. LOL

Heh, weirdly season 2 was my favorite season of that show. It had a surprisingly uplifting and satisfying resolution for me, too. Season 3 with the witches wasn't as satisfying for me. I liked season 4 with the carnival better, but still not as much as season 2.

On 12/20/2016 at 7:32 PM, catrox14 said:

Possibly two of the most disturbing episodes of TV EVER.

More disturbing than Hannibal? Though that was another show that I thought ended just about right. That last scene - the real one, not the epilogue scene - was somehow disturbing, beautiful, and perfect as an ending for me all at the same time... Which reminds me: I need to get season 3. I got season 1 and 2 last year on Black Friday/Thursday, but missed it this year.

On 12/20/2016 at 7:39 PM, catrox14 said:

Rectify

I need to get that for my hubby. He loved the seasons he's seen - on a long plane trip he watched a bunch of episodes. I also need to get it because from the scenes I've seen, it does a great job with atmosphere, and it'll be so interesting to see my town that way (Rectify is/was filmed entirely in and around the town in which I currently live.)

Wonky boards didn't post the above earlier, but apparently saved it, so I'll post it now and also...

Just finished wrapping presents. Finally I can go  to sleep.

Happy Holidays everyone!

And @catrox14, I especially hope you have a better new year,                                                                                                                                                                           

Edited by AwesomO4000
stupid grammar
  • Love 2

Saw this and thought of all you guys here:

m41gd7amcoj5lggqzafl.jpg

Happy Holidays everyone!!

5 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I need to get that for my hubby. He loved the seasons he's seen - on a long plane trip he watched a bunch of episodes. I also need to get it because from the scenes I've seen, it does a great job with atmosphere, and it'll be so interesting to see my town that way (Rectify is/was filmed entirely in and around the town in which I currently live.)

Rectify is very atmospheric. I like to describe it as beautifully quiet. 

• Love 3

Merry Xmas! Happy Hanukkah! My gifts are sitting here still unwrapped, but at least I've got them.

One of them is a record player for my mom. A few weeks ago we ended up watching a special on the 1970s, and she was going nuts over the music. That reminded me that she still has some records from back then, but hasn't ever had a record player! So I'm going to try and get her to open the record player early so that we'll have some pretty good background music for the rest of the day ;) The next hurdle will be actually FINDING those records though. No idea where they are.

@catrox14, I hope that your shoulder is starting to feel better. What terrible luck! And I hope that in the coming year, you'll finally get that rabbit foot back and end all this mess, ffs! ;) Seriously, though, I do hope you're OK. 

Rectify is amazing. One of my favorite shows of all time. @AwesomO4000 knows, because I went full-on fan when I was in her town and spent a good minute lurking around the Infamous Tire Store (!!!).

• Love 4
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

Merry Xmas! Happy Hanukkah! My gifts are sitting here still unwrapped, but at least I've got them.

One of them is a record player for my mom. A few weeks ago we ended up watching a special on the 1970s, and she was going nuts over the music. That reminded me that she still has some records from back then, but hasn't ever had a record player! So I'm going to try and get her to open the record player early so that we'll have some pretty good background music for the rest of the day ;) The next hurdle will be actually FINDING those records though. No idea where they are.

@catrox14, I hope that your shoulder is starting to feel better. What terrible luck! And I hope that in the coming year, you'll finally get that rabbit foot back and end all this mess, ffs! ;) Seriously, though, I do hope you're OK. 

Rectify is amazing. One of my favorite shows of all time. @AwesomO4000 knows, because I went full-on fan when I was in her town and spent a good minute lurking around the Infamous Tire Store (!!!).

rue, what a fabulous gift! I'm sitting here looking at about 1000 LPs Mick and I have, but we don't have a turn table either. Now I'm gonna get one, it's about time!

Your Mom is  going to go nuts! You scored this year with a perfect gift for her. She's lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter!

• Love 2

Happy Holidays everyone! Thank you ALL for your kind words and thoughts. I've been slow to respond because im typing with the hunt and peck with my left hand and my brain is angry about it. LOL

I think this whole crew here have had some tough sledding this year. I hope you all have only good tings or at least some peace of mind. 

• Love 1

Merry Christmas to those celebrating!  Just about to sit down and write the annual tome.  Yes, I'm one of those.  I always write on Christmas day as I'm in a more reflective mood.

I hope the next year brings hugs and sources of joy for everyone.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

George Michael has passed away. He was only 53 :(

We just saw this a few minutes ago.  It has definitely not been a good year for the music world.  

On a brighter note, I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday, and may 2017 bring health and happiness!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, SueB said:

Merry Christmas to those celebrating!  Just about to sit down and write the annual tome.  Yes, I'm one of those.  I always write on Christmas day as I'm in a more reflective mood.

I hope the next year brings hugs and sources of joy for everyone.

Would you share it? I know it's personal, so if you don't I understand, but I'd love to read it.

On a happy note, one thing Mick gave me this Christmas was the DVD of "West Side Story" (I love old musicals!). When I called my sister Pat tonight, (she's in NJ, we're in Idaho) she immediately broke into the song, "The Jets", and we sang it together on the phone, it was so much fun! The play has a history for us, and it bought back some wonderful memories! SueB, your post made me think. I wish I could write, but it always comes out stilted. Maybe I'll give it a try tonight,, just because you inspired me!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

Would you share it? I know it's personal, so if you don't I understand, but I'd love to read it.

On a happy note, one thing Mick gave me this Christmas was the DVD of "West Side Story" (I love old musicals!). When I called my sister Pat tonight, (she's in NJ, we're in Idaho) she immediately broke into the song, "The Jets", and we sang it together on the phone, it was so much fun! The play has a history for us, and it bought back some wonderful memories! SueB, your post made me think. I wish I could write, but it always comes out stilted. Maybe I'll give it a try tonight,, just because you inspired me!

My Christmas Post is a faux newspaper.  Headline News, secondary headline, editorial, Sports & Entertainment, School & Job, Travel & Leisure, Church News, Society Page (visitors), and Arts, Crafts & Home.  Each page has at least one pic and two or three paragraphs on the topic.  It works out well, takes much longer to gather pics than to write text.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

That sounds so wonderful! Have you kept ones from the past? I bet you have a blast reading them! What a fantastic memory journal to have!!

I wish I had done the same...

Actually, yes.  It took me about 5 years to realize... hey, this is kinda nice to have...

• Love 1

Merry Christmas a day late, sorry. My brother and his family came in from DC so I have been busy being aunt Diane, love it. Hope 2017 is better than 2016 too. Can't believe we lost George Michael too, ugh. Wishing everyone a better 2017.

• Love 2

Merry Christmas to all a day late. I've had a horrendous cold and had to cancel my holiday celebrations mostly because of an uncontrollable cough. Hope everyone had a nice holiday. I'm hoping to have a late Christmas celebration on New Years Day. In the meantime, holiday wishes to everyone.

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 5:34 PM, catrox14 said:

Oh fuck off 2016.

George Michael has passed away. He was only 53 :(

Quoted you to get your attention!

How are you holding up? I've been thinking about you and I'm concerned. Check in okay? Mick has been asking about you too. You have friends here lady, don't leave us worrying!

Never cared for George Michael's music, but I respect the talent. I have had "Wake Me Up" as an ear worm for the last few days though!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SueB said:

And now Carrie Fisher.  Really down about that one.  She was only 60 and such a strong person.  

I actually saw "Star Wars" 27 times in the theater! I have a crazy brother-in-law who is a sci-fi nut. I was just a kid and he took his kids and me several times, and I went with my friends also. Such great memories! Carrie Fisher was a true icon of my generation. This loss really hit me. She was so young!

Edited by Mick Lady
I can't spell to save my life...
  • Love 3

Oh dear. DebbieReynolds, Carrie Fisher's mother, has passed away. She suffered a stroke when making plans for Carrie's funeral. Good gods.

@Mick Lady I'm hanging in. My neighbors have been helpful. Having problems with insurance so I think my whole ER visit is my responsibility. Trying to get some insurance stuff changed.  But I guess it could always be worse.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Oh dear. DebbieReynolds, Carrie Fisher's mother, has passed away. She suffered a stroke when making plans for Carrie's funeral. Good gods.

@Mick Lady I'm hanging in. My neighbors have been helpful. Having problems with insurance so I think my whole ER visit is my responsibility. Trying to get some insurance stuff changed.  But I guess it could always be worse.

I've been checking back looking for you, so thank you for posting! My God catrox, you've had a rough year. I wish I lived closer, you were such a rock for me this year. All your posts made me feel better! Hang in there, and know we're all pulling for you! I just wish I could do something for you...

28 minutes ago, Commando Cody said:

I just heard the news about Debbie Reynolds. I am so sad. Singin' In the Rain is one of my favorite movies. 

I found this quote, but in light of today, I think losing a child was the hardest thing she ever had to face. 

quote-singin-in-the-rain-1952-and-childb

Honestly, could this year get any worse? I'm ready for it to be over!

18 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

Honestly, could this year get any worse? I'm ready for it to be over!

2016 has had many ups and downs.  Happy Holidays late.  Just got back from visiting my folks. 

@Catrox14 so sorry to hear about your fall and injury.  I hope the insurance gets worked out and that you feel better soon. 

I didn't have internet when I visited my folks.  We played games and had a good visit.  My bad luck seemed to be coming and going.  lol.  Tire blew and luck was on my side when a stranger saw I was in trouble before I realized how bad it was.  He asked if he could help change my tire.  I agreed and gave a little something for him being so kind.  Then found out the next day my donut tire had gone flat.  So got a new tire and got the donut fixed.  The trip back wasn't so bad except I've realized I left my purple coat and newer pair of jeans.  My folks think I can't remember anything since I always leave something at their place and it's too long of a drive for me to go back and get it.  It's only money right?

So sad to hear about the death's over Christmas.  So hopefully 2017 will bring in good times and oh let's just add world peace for the heck of it.  I enjoy coming to this board and I'm glad for a place to share our memories of Supernatural even if we do want to scream at the TV show now and then.  :)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, 7kstar said:

2016 has had many ups and downs.  Happy Holidays late.  Just got back from visiting my folks. 

@Catrox14 so sorry to hear about your fall and injury.  I hope the insurance gets worked out and that you feel better soon. 

I didn't have internet when I visited my folks.  We played games and had a good visit.  My bad luck seemed to be coming and going.  lol.  Tire blew and luck was on my side when a stranger saw I was in trouble before I realized how bad it was.  He asked if he could help change my tire.  I agreed and gave a little something for him being so kind.  Then found out the next day my donut tire had gone flat.  So got a new tire and got the donut fixed.  The trip back wasn't so bad except I've realized I left my purple coat and newer pair of jeans.  My folks think I can't remember anything since I always leave something at their place and it's too long of a drive for me to go back and get it.  It's only money right?

So sad to hear about the death's over Christmas.  So hopefully 2017 will bring in good times and oh let's just add world peace for the heck of it.  I enjoy coming to this board and I'm glad for a place to share our memories of Supernatural even if we do want to scream at the TV show now and then.  :)

How about some good news 7star? How's your student doing?

But I am sorry about your tires. Cars drive me nuts!

The purple coat on the other hand, I love purple, and I'm delighted you have a purple coat! It just seems to fit you so well, as I see you. Go get it, or have them mail it to you. I want 7kstar in her purple coat!!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

How about some good news 7star? How's your student doing?

But I am sorry about your tires. Cars drive me nuts!

The purple coat on the other hand, I love purple, and I'm delighted you have a purple coat! It just seems to fit you so well, as I see you. Go get it, or have them mail it to you. I want 7kstar in her purple coat!!

So we have another thing in common, a love of purple.  :) Mom mailed my purple coat so it is on it's way.  I do laugh sometimes, some students get upset when I don't wear purple and others complain that I wear too much purple.  I can't help it...Example I bought a shirt that I thought of as blue, it has navy blue flowers but the background has periwinkle blue but the kids see it as another purple.   Oh well guess I'm just stuck as the purple lady.

My student that had the surgery is getting stronger.  He is now walking into my class and only needs the wheel chair for two classes.  He doesn't have that blue tinge around his lips and is looking good.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, 7kstar said:

So we have another thing in common, a love of purple.  :) Mom mailed my purple coat so it is on it's way.  I do laugh sometimes, some students get upset when I don't wear purple and others complain that I wear too much purple.  I can't help it...Example I bought a shirt that I thought of as blue, it has navy blue flowers but the background has periwinkle blue but the kids see it as another purple.   Oh well guess I'm just stuck as the purple lady.

My student that had the surgery is getting stronger.  He is now walking into my class and only needs the wheel chair for two classes.  He doesn't have that blue tinge around his lips and is looking good.

Yes! 7kstar is getting her purple coat back! Now I feel okay about the coming year! I love purple! I knew you were a woman of fine taste, and it so fits you! A Drama Teacher and director in purple. I love this!

Great news about your student too. This year may turn out to be pretty good after all. We just have to keep a positive attitude and find happiness in everyday moments. Now if only catrox would check in.

3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Speaking of purple, have you read "Warning" by Jenny Joseph:

"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple with a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me..."

A true classic Flickchick! The Red Hat Society is something I've been meaning to look into.

https://www.redhatsociety.com/

Edited by Mick Lady
  • Love 1

Oh rue72, so sorry to hear about this just as we are ready to ring in a new year. Even if it's something you wanted, endings are tough. And yes, hangovers are a bitch. They are there to remind us that our bodies don't like to be abused. ;) Get well soon!

• Love 1