Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: What's Up Doc?

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Gloria Rubens left the show on good terms.  She wasn’t thrilled with the lack of storyline for Jeannie, but her main reason was because she wanted to pursue singing and she had an opportunity to tour with Tina Turner.  Unlike others who left, she specifically asked for a happy ending for Jeannie after all her angst.  Of course, a lot of that was gone when Jeannie came back, but, at that point, I think TPTB wanted to remind the audience of the good old days that Jeannie was such a big part of.

@doodlebug Gloria Rubens also has a recurring role in the Jesse Stone tv movies with Tom Selleck, She plays a singer in a place he frequents  and has quite a nice voice. She sings those old time torch songs. The writers make it seem as if there is a developing love interest between the two as well. 

• Love 1

Haleh brining the feels during the goodbye to Abby. Probably bc she’s the only one left (other than the other toe nurses) who has been there longer than Abby. 

ETA: seeing Abby and Luka at the end also got to me (although the poem seemed out of place for Abby).  I guess bc now there is nobody left from the mid-years.  

Anyone know why Maura Tierney didn’t just stick it out for like 17 more episodes and see the series through to the end?

Even though I haven’t loved the later seasons this time around (or last for that matter), I’m kinda sad it’s coming to an end (again). I’ve been addicted since last April when it premiered on POP and I’m really going to miss it.

Edited by justduckey
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, justduckey said:

Even though I haven’t loved the later seasons this time around (or last for that matter), I’m kinda sad it’s coming to an end (again). I’ve been addicted since last April when it premiered on POP and I’m really going to miss it.

Yes!  Whatever will I do with a spare 2+ hours a day without my ER reruns (because I will not start over yet again!)?  Is that "Without A Trace" show any good?  ;-)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, casey65 said:

And as much as I love GV I couldn’t help but be a little peeved when he popped up in the last minute, felt kind of like a rip-off of the Doug/Carol final scene.

Was that really him? His face was out of focus, and he didn't speak, so I figured it was a double.

What did Corday do that was illegal right before she left?

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to watch again from the start.  I probably will.....

I missed so much of the middle and lter episodes, so I'd kind of like to see them for real instead of just mostly listening as I do other things.

I hope all you guys watch it again from S-1, E-1 so we can discuss it here.  I'd miss you guys if I had to watch alone.

• Love 2
On 1/5/2018 at 5:25 PM, RedbirdNelly said:

The death of Gant truly was one of the most shocking moments. If you saw it the first time it happened, you definitely remember. My husband has not been watching the reruns but he still references it. And the way they implied it was suicide but you never 100% knew was well done.

Does someone mind refreshing my memory on Gant’s storyline? I would appreciate it!

1 hour ago, justduckey said:

Guys!!  My Fios online upcoming show guide doesn’t have the Clooney/Margulies return episode listed as airing!?!!!!! It goes from episode 18 to 20. Wheres 19???

It skips on DirectTv too. Just damn!,

4 minutes ago, pieinmyeye said:

Does someone mind refreshing my memory on Gant’s storyline? I would appreciate it!

It’s the whole reason I’ve been watching!!’ For that episode! It was there a few days ago.  ???

• Love 2
1 minute ago, pieinmyeye said:

He was Benton's student, and Benton was hard on him, even more than usual, because he knew Gant - as a black man - had to be even better to succeed.  Carter befriended him, but when Gant lodged a complaint against Benton to Anspaugh, Carter did not back him.  I think there was also something in there where Carter ditched him to hang out with his girlfriend (maybe this was during the relationship with Glenne Headley's character).  Gant's long-distance girlfriend broke up with him; dude was all-around having a hard time.

The shocking reveal:

A mangled patient run over by a train - witness statements don't make it clear whether it was suicide or accident - comes in, and Gant is nowhere to be found, so they page him.  The patient's beeper goes off in the trauma room, the number is County's, and they realize the patient is Gant.  All the chaos of the trauma room just completely stops for a moment, Carter voices everyone's horrified realization, and then the activity kicks into overdrive, but they can't save him.

As follow up, Gant's dad showed up, and wanted to talk to Benton about him, relaying how much Gant respected him and how much he was learning, and Carter wanted Benton to lie, to give this man the little bit of peace that would come from thinking his son was excelling in the program and realizing his dream, but Benton - who didn't think Gant had the chops for surgery - didn't want to lie.  He wound up mostly avoiding the issue and saying something benign, and Carter did his best to give the father comfort.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, justduckey said:

Guys!!  My Fios online upcoming show guide doesn’t have the Clooney/Margulies return episode listed as airing!?!!!!! It goes from episode 18 to 20. Wheres 19???

It was showing as playing on Friday before. Hopefully the schedule will update for the following week. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

So much so, Grey's Anatomy outright stole it.

But instead of the pager of doom, it was the 007 scratched out on Meredith's palm by the patient himself.  And, George's funeral was both touching and hilarious.

2 hours ago, Bastet said:

He was Benton's student, and Benton was hard on him, even more than usual, because he knew Gant - as a black man - had to be even better to succeed.  Carter befriended him, but when Gant lodged a complaint against Benton to Anspaugh, Carter did not back him.  I think there was also something in there where Carter ditched him to hang out with his girlfriend (maybe this was during the relationship with Glenne Headley's character).  Gant's long-distance girlfriend broke up with him; dude was all-around having a hard time.

The shocking reveal:

A mangled patient run over by a train - witness statements don't make it clear whether it was suicide or accident - comes in, and Gant is nowhere to be found, so they page him.  The patient's beeper goes off in the trauma room, the number is County's, and they realize the patient is Gant.  All the chaos of the trauma room just completely stops for a moment, Carter voices everyone's horrified realization, and then the activity kicks into overdrive, but they can't save him.

As follow up, Gant's dad showed up, and wanted to talk to Benton about him, relaying how much Gant respected him and how much he was learning, and Carter wanted Benton to lie, to give this man the little bit of peace that would come from thinking his son was excelling in the program and realizing his dream, but Benton - who didn't think Gant had the chops for surgery - didn't want to lie.  He wound up mostly avoiding the issue and saying something benign, and Carter did his best to give the father comfort.

Benton was SUCH an ass, when he wasn't with Corday or the backwoods nurse practitioner.  Oh, and he was finally decent to Carter, but it took too damned long for him to get there.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

Benton - who didn't think Gant had the chops for surgery - didn't want to lie.  He wound up mostly avoiding the issue and saying something benign, and Carter did his best to give the father comfort.

Actually, Benton gave Gant a good review -- Dennis never saw it, but Carter found it & gave Peter hell for it.  I don't think it was that Benton "didn't want to lie" to the father.  The review had been finished before Gant died.  I think Peter felt responsible and guilty and couldn't find any words at that moment.

slasherboy! No worries.  I'm so beat down by the "later seasons" that I will be here with bells on for the pilot ep repeat!!

Bring on the Doug Ross years!!

• Love 5

After finally watching the final seasons, I don't think I have the heart to go back and watch the earlier seasons again, when the show was really good.  I kinda wish I'd left well enough alone, and stopped before it became a shitshow.

• Love 2

To the person upthread who asked about Maura Tierney, I know she was supposed to get the lead in Parenthood but had to decline because she found out she was diagnosed with breast cancer. I've enjoyed her character on ER but like her better in The Affair.

I never knew Angela Bassett on was ER, but I was excited to see her. She's a very talented actress and she sure plays bitchy extremely well. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, slasherboy said:

I hope all you guys watch it again from S-1, E-1 so we can discuss it here.  I'd miss you guys if I had to watch alone.

I'm here for earlier seasons! I've been lurking and only just recently accidentally found out old episodes have been on TV finally. I own the first 10 seasons though, so I'm going through them before I watch the season 11+ episodes building up on my DVR.... 

Currently on season 3. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, casey65 said:

Doodlebug thank you for the explanation. Was there any implication that Neela did anything wrong, or that someone should have caught anything sooner...?

I didn’t appreciate the poem? that Abby was voiceovering in her final episode.  The poem itself was very un-Abby like.  And as much as I love GV I couldn’t help but be a little peeved when he popped up in the last minute, felt kind of like a rip-off of the Doug/Carol final scene.

It didn’t look like Neela or anyone else did anything wrong in caring for Pratt, just that he had a life threatening injury that wasn’t immediately apparent because, for some reason, it didn’t bleed initially.  However, it’s really hard to interpret the situation on ER because, in real life, things don’t usually pile on, boom, boom, boom in a matter of minutes.  And, in real life, people with that many severe injuries just don’t survive the initial trauma long enough to make it to the ER.

i remember reading an article in a medical journal where they looked at the number of people who got CPR in the ER in real life; what was wrong, who was the patient, what was the outcome and compared it to the show.  In real life, the vast majority of people getting CPR are elderly and have major medical problems underlying their emergency. A diabetic 70 year old getting CPR after a heart attack isn’t going to do very well compared to a young, healthy trauma patient.  But there are many, many more elderly MI’s in the ER compared to young trauma victims.  This is why, in real life, while around 40% of people getting CPR in the hospital will survive initially, only 10% ever go home (and many of them with permanent disability due to lack of oxygen).  On the show, something like 80% of the time, the patient is revived with CPR and we’re given the impression that the patient is going to be just fine from there on out.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2014/07/17/the-cpr-we-dont-see-on-tv/?referer=https://www.google.com/

The poem was definitely out of character for Abby since it was from the Bible and she has repeatedly over the years expressed a disdain for religion.  Remember her argument with Luka over baptism? And, if there’s anything she respects less than religion, it’s her mother.  No way she cherishes a Bible given to her by Maggie, let alone reads aloud from it.  If anything, she shoved it in her locker and never looked at it again and tossed it in the trash on the way out.  The episode was titled The Book of Abby and she read from The Book of Job.  Get it, huh?  Abby is just like Job, right? So much suffering, get it?  TPTB were anything but subtle at this point.

Edited by doodlebug
Found an article
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, justduckey said:

Anyone know why Maura Tierney didn’t just stick it out for like 17 more episodes and see the series through to the end?

MT didn’t stay to the end because it was announced before the season started that it was going to be the final season and TPTB (and probably MT) wanted Abby, by then the longest running regular cast member, to have a stand alone exit, if for no other reason than to goose the ratings which were not great.  Once that was decided, she needed to hit the road during sweeps.  Since they’d locked NW in for March sweeps, that left the fall for Abby’s exit. 

12 hours ago, Zoe said:

Was that really him? His face was out of focus, and he didn't speak, so I figured it was a double.

It was him, but at that point, GV had left the series completely and I think he was making a movie and couldn’t be available for regular filming.  If you watch, he is never in the frame with the rest of the cast except MT.  As I recall, he was filmed with her in the middle of the night and did it as a courtesy to her and TPTB similar to GC coming back for JM’s exit.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 2

Thank you once again doodlebug for the medical perspective!

On the Abby topic - the character started off as a like able character.  You knew at the time she was being brought in as the JM replacement but she started off in the first few episodes as sympathetic and I liked the beginning of her relationship with Kovac.  They definitely started pushing her way too hard (I remember almost an entire season where Abby was always wearing a long sweater instead of scrubs so she stood out from the other nurses, it was so random). As soon as they introduced her mother and the romance with Carter it was like they were writing a different character.  When they first reunited her with Luka it was almost like they were writing the old Abby again, it was pleasant to watch the two of them together, but then it eventually went back downhill. MT is so much better on The Affair, good to see what she can do with a well written character.  

I will definitely be rewatching again when they restart.  I wonder if they cut episode 19 so that the last season ends on one day and season one starts on the next day...? That would be ridiculous but the first day of season one has 24 Hours followed by Day One which is a three hour block.  

• Love 4

How aggravating if the don’t show episode 19.  Ugh.  They’ve got to know that’s an episode a lot of people have been waiting to see again (or for the first time).  There’s no good explanation for it as far as I can tell. And it WAS listed as airing so for whatever reason POP TV pulled it.

5 hours ago, casey65 said:

Thank you once again doodlebug for the medical perspective!

On the Abby topic - the character started off as a like able character.  You knew at the time she was being brought in as the JM replacement but she started off in the first few episodes as sympathetic and I liked the beginning of her relationship with Kovac.  They definitely started pushing her way too hard (I remember almost an entire season where Abby was always wearing a long sweater instead of scrubs so she stood out from the other nurses, it was so random). As soon as they introduced her mother and the romance with Carter it was like they were writing a different character.  When they first reunited her with Luka it was almost like they were writing the old Abby again, it was pleasant to watch the two of them together, but then it eventually went back downhill. MT is so much better on The Affair, good to see what she can do with a well written character.  

I will definitely be rewatching again when they restart.  I wonder if they cut episode 19 so that the last season ends on one day and season one starts on the next day...? That would be ridiculous but the first day of season one has 24 Hours followed by Day One which is a three hour block.  

Abby went downhill rapidly once her mother came on the scene which also coincided with the character getting far more screen time than any other character but the originals.  It wasn't sustainable and it brought the whole show down.  Watching Abby's final eppy reminded me of how annoying MT's facial quirk, where she does the duck lip thing, is.  She even commented about how much she didn't like it and wanted to stop.  Abby looks like she is endlessly posing for a selfie during the entire episode, if selfies had been around back then. 

Anyone else notice that the Abster's new job in Boston was at Mass General, Harvard's hospital?  Of course, I am sure Harvard is always looking for new staff, fresh from residency who have recently been to rehab and are known for taking huge hunks of personal time away from work.  LOL!!! Even as she leaves, TPTB couldn't stop propping her.  However, her crappy treatment of Neela, her supposed best friend who she didn't even bother to tell she was leaving was vintage Abby selfishness as was her disrupting a trauma surgery to get Neela to be her friend again.  Good riddance!

BTW, while Abby, of course, would've gotten a leave of absence for rehab, she also took at least a few weeks of personal time after that both to go to Croatia and then hang around in Chicago. Most programs do, of course, give bereavement time for deaths in the case of a spouse's parent, but it's usually about 3 days, not 3 weeks.  Also, Abby wasn't an attending, she was a resident, a student at the time.  There are an absolute number of days of training required for any residency and nobody finishes without putting in exactly that number, no matter what the reason.  Altogether, it's about 5 weeks a year that can be missed which means, in addition to making up any FMLA time she took when Joe was born (7 weeks if she took the full 12 and took no other time off that year), Abby would've had probably another month or more from her final year to finish to get her certificate and be qualified to take boards.  So, she would've needed at least an additional 3 months tacked on the end of her residency.  The only time I've ever seen an exception was during my residency where one of my fellow residents died from a glioblastoma (Mark Greene tumor).  He had to quit working about 6 months before he would've finished and our program director had to file a petition with ACOG to get an exception for him which was only granted because it was clear he was dying and would never practice.  He died about a week before he would've been done.  His widow came to the banquet and picked up his certificate.

As for dropping the 19th episode so they can finish the show on a single day before restarting, that particular episode is far more pertinent to a rather important ongoing story arc for the show and it makes no sense that they wouldn't choose a different episode, one that is more filler than substance to delete.  Or, you know, show the last episode of the series followed by the 2 hour pilot on the same day.

• Love 2

Peachtree TV has been airing the show weeknights at 9 PM so I've been tuning in and watching when it's not conflicting with my PVR scheduling. I don't know what season I'm on but Benton is working with this blonde surgeon that specializes in children and Carter is seeing her/doing her. Oh, and Susan just left the show. That's the last episode that aired here.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Peachtree TV has been airing the show weeknights at 9 PM so I've been tuning in and watching when it's not conflicting with my PVR scheduling. I don't know what season I'm on but Benton is working with this blonde surgeon that specializes in children and Carter is seeing her/doing her. Oh, and Susan just left the show. That's the last episode that aired here.

Season 3.

• Love 2

I like Mark. I remember being sad when he got the brain tumor. I wonder if I'll feel the same way watching it again all these years later.

I can't recall when I stopped watching the show. It was definitely after Romero lost his arm and then died. I think I stopped watching it due to scheduling conflicts with my VCR, heh. I believe I tuned in for the final episode but was a bit lost trying to follow it along.

• Love 3

Mark is harder to take when you watch back to back to back episodes, but I liked Mark a lot. His death was so sad. As a character (besides getting a lot thrown at him which stands out as overkill when you watch episodes back to back. . ) he was really good. He came across as a good guy but certainly had his flaws.

• Love 8

I won't be watching steadily when it starts over but I'll still check in here. I've enjoyed chatting with you all!  I still have a bunch of episodes to get through, they've piled up over Christmas, and we are currently on our third day off of school due to snow so I haven't been able to watch with my 9 year old daughter around. But when I'm done I need to get back to the Netflix shows I was watching before I ditched them for my ER habit. 

It's funny, I watched Ant-Man with my son last night and I immediately recognized the bald actor playing the villain as someone I saw in ER. He played a med student named Teddy who was nice but made a lot of mistakes and Neela yelled at him and made him cry. I looked it up on trusty IMDB to confirm (it was) and then was surprised to see he also played Ernest Hemingway in Midnight in Paris, one of my favorite movies. He looked different with hair. Anyway, his name is Corey Stoll. I think from now on whenever I watch something I will make it my mission to find someone in the cast who appeared on ER. 

• Love 2

Mark is harder to take when you watch back to back to back episodes, but I liked Mark a lot. His death was so sad. As a character (besides getting a lot thrown at him which stands out as overkill when you watch episodes back to back. . ) he was really good. He came across as a good guy but certainly had his flaws.

Mark had some definite rough patches. I really liked him until mid-season 3 when he started having his post-divorce/post-Susan mid-life crisis. And then I hated him in season 4, even though he understandably had PTSD. I started to like him again in season 6 due to his friendship with Carol, but then got bored with him long before his exit. That said, I bawled during his final episodes. Just full on sobbing, and I rarely cry. I don't think it had to do with Mark dying though, just that they hit every emotional beat of losing someone, with really good performances and writing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Mark had some definite rough patches. I really liked him until mid-season 3 when he started having his post-divorce/post-Susan mid-life crisis. And then I hated him in season 4, even though he understandably had PTSD. I started to like him again in season 6 due to his friendship with Carol, but then got bored with him long before his exit. That said, I bawled during his final episodes. Just full on sobbing, and I rarely cry. I don't think it had to do with Mark dying though, just that they hit every emotional beat of losing someone, with really good performances and writing.

I remember the first time I saw Mark's death episode, I was a bit surprised at how much it made me sob. I was a freaking mess. I do cry easily watching tv or movies, but generally not to that extent. You're right, they hit the emotional beats just right and the music was a trigger for me too. Between the lovely, sad theme they wrote and Israel K's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, the music made me really emotional. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I don't know what season I'm on but Benton is working with this blonde surgeon that specializes in children and Carter is seeing her/doing her. 

That would be Glenne Headly as Abby the First.

Edited by voiceover
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, voiceover said:

That would be Glenne Headly as Abby the First.

Glenne Headly was also massively pregnant during that story arc and it's kind of fun to watch her standing behind supply carts and baby cribs trying to hide her bump.  Sadly, she died this past year from a pulmonary embolism at only 62 years of age.

I wish they'd brought Abby Keaton back as a regular; she was Abby the First in every way.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, desertflower said:

I remember the first time I saw Mark's death episode, I was a bit surprised at how much it made me sob. I was a freaking mess. I do cry easily watching tv or movies, but generally not to that extent. You're right, they hit the emotional beats just right and the music was a trigger for me too. Between the lovely, sad theme they wrote and Israel K's version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, the music made me really emotional. 

I was surprised by the fact I still teared up when watching it on Pop and my 12 year old who had no attachment to Mark got misty too.

I watched more of Season 11 this weekend (feel like I may be the only person doing so :) ). We get Neela back as a doctor, which is nice. Ray is over confident. And the awful story line of the mom who is in withdrawal and gets her babies to jump. That was bad. I'd forgotten about Wendell the social worker. She seems good so far. Corday leaves in a somewhat surprising understated way. I wish they'd figured out a way to get her better post-Mark storylines. I liked her but not that into her dating attempts.

• Love 2
Just now, RedbirdNelly said:

I was surprised by the fact I still teared up when watching it on Pop and my 12 year old who had no attachment to Mark got misty too.

I watched more of Season 11 this weekend (feel like I may be the only person doing so :) ). We get Neela back as a doctor, which is nice. Ray is over confident. And the awful story line of the mom who is in withdrawal and gets her babies to jump. That was bad. I'd forgotten about Wendell the social worker. She seems good so far. Corday leaves in a somewhat surprising understated way. I wish they'd figured out a way to get her better post-Mark storylines. I liked her but not that into her dating attempts.

I would've loved to see Elizabeth to have actually applied for and become Chief of Surgery and seen her juggle the responsibilities of that along with single parenthood.  Instead, she gets named COS without applying and at a meeting where she is not present and then Kerry proceeds to run the department without her input.  A little power struggle with Kerry would've been fun, too.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

I would've loved to see Elizabeth to have actually applied for and become Chief of Surgery and seen her juggle the responsibilities of that along with single parenthood.  Instead, she gets named COS without applying and at a meeting where she is not present and then Kerry proceeds to run the department without her input.  A little power struggle with Kerry would've been fun, too.

you are so right. If they had gotten into power dynamics between the two, that could have actually been interesting.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, desertflower said:

It's funny, I watched Ant-Man with my son last night and I immediately recognized the bald actor playing the villain as someone I saw in ER. He played a med student named Teddy who was nice but made a lot of mistakes and Neela yelled at him and made him cry. I looked it up on trusty IMDB to confirm (it was) and then was surprised to see he also played Ernest Hemingway in Midnight in Paris, one of my favorite movies. He looked different with hair. Anyway, his name is Corey Stoll. I think from now on whenever I watch something I will make it my mission to find someone in the cast who appeared on ER. 

Ant-Man also has Michael Pena who played a cop for a while on ER :)

• Love 2

Guest Star Bingo: Shiri Appleby (the ambitious producer on UnReal) is the new "messy" med student; Glynn Turman as the man whose son may have been responsible for his mother's injuries; and the little old lady was one of the Witnesses in When Harry Met Sally...("And I knew.  I knew the way you know a good melon.")

Also: Molly Price, who previously appeared on the Third Watch crossover ep, is the mom who may have injured her daughter.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I think Alex Kingston was terrific in her role,especially in her interactions with Romano and the scenes in Hawaii with Mark. 

They could have written more story lines for her instead of Abby. Corday had brains, nerve,and spark.

• Love 6

I kind of feel little kid Rachel's annoyance/pain with her dad being so busy and unavailable. I felt that way as a kid (my dad's a doctor), especially when he was doing his residency and then as an attending. Always on call, always having to leave, working the long hours, missing out on a lot of things. He worked his ass off which is admirable, but it made me not ever want to become a doctor (because for some reason everyone always asks if you want to be a doctor too as a kid when they find out a parent is a doctor... what's up with that?!), nor date a doctor either. 

ETA: I'm open to dating doctors now, as an adult. ;)

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2018 at 8:35 PM, ShortyMac said:

Transplant an HIV-positive organ from the brain-dead guy to his HIV-positive friend.

Thanks, ShortyMac!

On 1/6/2018 at 11:32 PM, voiceover said:

slasherboy! No worries.  I'm so beat down by the "later seasons" that I will be here with bells on for the pilot ep repeat!!

Bring on the Doug Ross years!!

Looking forward to it, VoiceOver!  And hell yeah! to more Doug Ross!

On 1/7/2018 at 4:49 AM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I'm here for earlier seasons! 

Currently on season 3. 

Stop watching now, MVFrostMyPie ..... wait for the rest of us!

On 1/7/2018 at 3:40 PM, doodlebug said:

Watching Abby's final eppy reminded me of how annoying MT's facial quirk, where she does the duck lip thing, is.  

Oh, me too, DoodleBug!  I always think I'm the only one who notices things like that and then am so relieved to come here and find out I'm not alone.  I was always fascinated watching her face (very unlike me) and not in a good way.

21 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I'm only up to season 3, but already I'm remembering how insufferable Mark was. I had forgotten he annoyed me even more than Abby, and that's saying a lot!

Wish he could have dropped dead earlier.

I liked Mark a lot, and am curious what it was about him that made you dislike him so much.  Not looking for an argument here, I promise, but I'm always interested when someone has a completely different opinion of a character than I do.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Oh, me too, DoodleBug!  I always think I'm the only one who notices things like that and then am so relieved to come here and find out I'm not alone.  I was always fascinated watching her face (very unlike me) and not in a good way.

MT herself has commented on it in interviews and said she hates the way it looks but couldn't seem to stop doing it.  At the time she did ER, she was still a fairly heavy smoker, I think the lip pursing might've been some sort of pseudo-smoking quirk.  It was really distracting, she does the duck lips more than Kim Kardashian.  I heard somewhere she quit smoking, I hope so, and not just for the lip pursing.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, slasherboy said:

Stop watching now, MVFrostMyPie ..... wait for the rest of us!

I liked Mark a lot, and am curious what it was about him that made you dislike him so much.  Not looking for an argument here, I promise, but I'm always interested when someone has a completely different opinion of a character than I do.

I will try to slow down. And valid question - TBH there's just something about his personality that rubs me the wrong way. I liked him okay in season 1 and he's not annoying alll the time, but I think season 3 has really reminded me that he gets on my nerves. If I can figure out what it specifically is that ticks me off, I'll let you know :)

Also, any time he has sex scenes or making out scenes, they're beyond unsexy. Like, cringe-worthy

• Love 2
On 1/6/2018 at 8:05 PM, justduckey said:

Don’t know how the bingo thing works, but Gregg Henry aka Mitchum Huntsburger is on today’s second episode.

• Love 1

I actually sent POP an email about it, I’m so annoyed.

I remember seeing the episode with Ray visiting when it first aired.  But the one following it - very disappointed in Neela. As soon as Ray leaves she’s out getting drunk with that gross Australian dr?