Type keyword(s) to search

Love, Lust Or Run - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Stacy had to have had input in this show, no? I hate to think her taste in shows is so poor, though. This show is really unbearable. I long for the good old days of Stacy and Clinton together...wish they would swallow their pride and talk a network into starting up again. And just do "real people" , no "B" celebs or total freaks. Regular women are the ones who want and need style and lifestyle advice presented in an entertaining way, and S&C are the best.

I was mortified when Stacy told the would-be singer to "give her some perfect pitch".  I actually wondered if Stacy was sublty implying something about her lack of ability to find any pitch let alone a "perfect" one....Stacy's over-the-top ranting about her ability considering how bad the girl was almost made me turn off the set....Talk about over-compensation.....Ugh, what a hot mess this is!

I was mortified when Stacy told the would-be singer to "give her some perfect pitch".  I actually wondered if Stacy was sublty implying something about her lack of ability to find any pitch let alone a "perfect" one....Stacy's over-the-top ranting about her ability considering how bad the girl was almost made me turn off the set....Talk about over-compensation.....Ugh, what a hot mess this is!

I think she said "give me some pitch perfect", so perhaps she meant acapella like the movie?

Whatever she meant, that singer was horrible. I fast-forwarded through her singing; there's no way that chick will ever get a Grammy nomination. I also hated her final look; those shoes were awful and the coat would have looked at home on Cruella De Vil.

She wasn't the greatest singer, but I've definitely heard worse. In my opinion (as a vocal performance major from way back, LOL), it sounded like she had potential, but that she wasn't using her breath properly. Instead, she was singing kind of half-assed, as if she thinks that's how pop singers are supposed to sound, all breathy and too-light, in order to sound "sexy," but in reality it just messes with her pitch and her tone and makes it sound weak and untrained. She needs to use more breath, work that diaphragm! And work with a vocal coach. Then maybe I could see her getting stronger as a singer and being part of a group (or using those talents to sell songs that she writes -- she seemed to be good at coming up with lyrics off the cuff).

I didn't love the two women from this week's episode. I felt like neither of them really cared about learning anything, and they didn't seem particularly impacted by the exercise. I guess I prefer women like Serena from a couple weeks back, ones who are emotionally blown away by how good they can look when they're shown how to highlight their natural beauty.

Mr. Snarklepuss and I have sung in choirs.  He has worked with a vocal coach.  He watched that show with the would-be singer and his comment was that you can teach someone anything, breathing, timing, etc., but the hardest thing to teach someone is pitch.  Either you have it or you don't.  And she doesn't.

I just saw a commercial for this. Is anyone else extremely surprised that this show is back?

I like Stacy London, but I did not like this show. After the first two episodes last season, I stopped watching, but continued to DVR so I could watch the first segment and then fast forward to the reveal. I deleted the last couple of episodes without ever watching them.

There were so many turnoffs - the women preening in their "before" attire, the public opinion poll, the amateur psychiatry where Stacy tells the women they're beautiful just the way they are, the cheesy computer segment where they "try on" different hair and makeup colors, ugh ugh ugh. From what I saw on the commercial, it looks like more of the same this season. I will give ONE episode a try. If it's the same nonsense, I'm out. Love ya, Stacey, but you're better than this.

• Love 2

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Wow, no, I can't believe this show's back on for another season! I saw this thread and went "really??"

I pretty much  like the before and the reveal, too.  I also actually like the cheesy computer thing, but only because I want to try it myself.  I actually paid money once for some software where you could "try on" different hairstyles and it was surprisingly helpful when I was looking for a new style. It'd be fun to be able to do that with makeup too. I don't necessarily enjoy watching it all that much, but the way it works fascinates me.

I thought the newest episode was marginally better. They skipped the beauty bar crap and went straight to clothes shopping, which is my favorite part.

I wish they'd spend a little more time on makeup and hair and skip the "man on the street" gar-bahge.

WTH was Stacy wearing? It looked like prep city from the waist up and 5K on down. Were those athletic pants?

• Love 2

I agree. My least favorite part of any of these shows are the inane comments from "ordinary people." No, change that, my least favorite part is the participant dancing around making duck faces. The best part is the actual restyling. 

I gotta wonder where they find their subjects.  Maybe on the streets of Brooklyn or something?  But I don't know people who dress like that on any occasion other than Halloween.

I kinda miss the hair and makeup sessions that Stacy did with Clinton on WNTW.  They sort of skim by that on this program.  Part of the makeover that gets shunted aside.

• Love 1
(edited)

I've been a fan of Stacy's for years, but honest to God I have no idea what this ridiculous show is supposed to be about. I watched the first season with increasing bafflement, and now I give up. Am I really supposed to believe that some woman is  actually teaching middle-school English in a push-up bustier and a matching tutu that doesn't quite cover her vulva? And that she wants style advice from Stacy because her colleagues "don't take her seriously?"  Oh please. I 'd maybe consider believing this nonsense if she had told Stacy that the first day she walked into school wearing a belly shirt, skintight tiger print leggings, and hooker makeup, the principal pulled her from the classroom and told her not to come back until she could dress appropriately to teach seventh graders. But apparently she's been strutting her stuff without comment from anyone, including the parents of her students. Oh wait, no. Her twelve-year-old daughter, who seems to be the only one in her life with a modicum of common sense, is squicked out by hearing the boys in school say her mother is hot. I am squicked out by the producers of the show treating me as if I were dumb enough to believe anything about this storyline is real.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
(edited)

The show is on rerun right now. i don't catch the show much, but it reminds me of another show TLC used to have a few years ago. The show was 10 Years Younger and it seems that TLC repackaged the old show and gave it a new name.

Edited by kellylovessnark

Just watched the episode with the women wearing yellow lipstick.  Yellow!  Yes, she did look better at the end, but she would have looked better in a paper sack.  I didn't really like any of her "after" outfits, but the last one with the polka dot skirt and print top was awful.

• Love 1

I just noticed this thread -- this show got a second season? How?

Maybe more importantly, why is Stacey involved in this fake, reality-show-at-its-worst, dreck? What Not to Wear featured, almost exclusively, women who just dressed poorly. I could actually learn things from WNTW, about cut, patterns, fabrics, colors -- you name it. This show is full of train wrecks, whether real or made for TV. What can I learn? Tutus and clown makeup aren't appropriate for the office? Yeah, I knew that already because I'm not an idiot.

And being judged and shamed by strangers when the current climate is to fight strongly against those very things? I'm disappointed that Stacey has agreed to be party to that for the sake of "entertainment". She has so much to offer; I don't understand why she's settled for something that's only marginally instructive at best and demeaning to the participants (particularly if some of them are real people, not plants) at worst.

I'll try to give her the benefit of the doubt: Maybe she had an iron-clad, long-term contract with TLC, and now that TLC has given up all pretense of the "L" part, she was stuck with whatever they came up with.

• Love 4
(edited)

Maybe it's just because I'm in a bad mood and slightly hung over this morning, but this week's episode with the 21 year old anime hairdresser had me frothing at the mouth with rage.

First, that this girl had a job at all. If you want me to believe that there's anything realistic about this show (which I don't), don't suggest that a decent looking salon in suburban Pennsylvania would let someone come to work looking like that on a daily basis and would actually keep their clientele.

Second, that Stacey didn't address the girl's constant little-girl posing, with the head tilts, awkward body positions, and pointed in feet- that she was *still* doing in the after part. I found that so off-putting, almost more than the ridiculous makeup. Everything about her body language was just giggle, don't take me seriously, I'm just a little doll. I cut her some slack, because clearly, at 21, she's never had someone that acted like an adult in her life to suggest that by acting like that, she's just demeaning herself.

At the risk of sounding ancient, I just feel like this is the by-product of our "special snowflake" culture where parents don't want to be parents, and adults don't want to be adults and set some boundaries for their kids and employees.

Edited by Shibori
  • Love 4

First, that this girl had a job at all. If you want me to believe that there's anything realistic about this show (which I don't), don't suggest that a decent looking salon in suburban Pennsylvania would let someone come to work looking like that on a daily basis and would actually keep their clientele.

Second, that Stacey didn't address the girl's constant little-girl posing, with the head tilts, awkward body positions, and pointed in feet- that she was *still* doing in the after part. I found that so off-putting, almost more than the ridiculous makeup. Everything about her body language was just giggle, don't take me seriously, I'm just a little doll. I cut her some slack, because clearly, at 21, she's never had someone that acted like an adult in her life to suggest that by acting like that, she's just demeaning herself.

SO much this. I wanted to post after watching this with disbelief but the only things I could come up with to say were W, T, and F. On Halloween, does she wear jeans and a T-shirt? How would anyone have more than a cursory interaction with her without suggesting some serious therapy? Why do the creators of this show think we believe such people exist? Who in their right mind would hire her?

Did anyone see the special about Stacy this week?  I love Stacy but this didn't do her any favors, IMHO.  Seeing her hanging out with Kristen Kish of "Top Chef" fame (who she says is one of her best friends but didn't identify her by who she is other than her first name) and shopping at "Top Shop", which is a London store for teens and 20 somethings in Manhattan, plus getting tips on how to be cool from her assistant made me think she's not going through some sort of "mid life Renaissance" as she put it, but a midlife crisis.  Yikes. she's the one who used to tell women to hang up the mini skirts after 30 and dress appropriately and now she is looking more like a pathetic older woman trying desperately to hold onto her youth.  And I'm 57 and not hung up on age appropriateness either.  I wear my hair long and don leggings and such.  Her closet reminded me of Carrie Bradshaw's dream closet.  It struck me that she has turned into what Carrie Bradshaw would have become ten years later.  My husband and I both think that she's at her best when she's focusing on other women, not herself.  She was almost too much when putting the spotlight on herself.  She came off a little uncomfortable and overdone even when she was with her family.  That said, I still like Stacy.

• Love 1
Did anyone see the special about Stacy this week?

Yep, I watched it. Came away kind of mixed up. I have always liked Stacy but I kind of hate LLorR in general because there is just no way those women are real. Yet from the Stacy Special I got how sincere she is -- actually how sincere the whole crew seems to be. Yet they are producing this clown show. I don't get it but then again this is TLC so they kind of have to be outrageous.

Surprisingly enough, it's back for another season.

The public opinion poll is still useless. People do love to judge. Anyone can wear one outfit for ten minutes and be judged in the court of social media, and then change and get another opinion.

I would like to care about the makeovers, but a minute's soundbite about them does not usually invest me in their story.

I did learn about the jeans around the neck trick to see if they will fit. I also enjoyed seeing Joe Fresh as an actual store and not a section of one of my supermarkets.

I admit I watch this show because I miss Stacy from when she was on "What not to Wear".  The show is disappointing but Stacy herself is always fun to watch.  I suspect the women are told to wear their most "out there" outfits when they first come in.  I am happy to see both Stacy and Clinton back on Friday nights.  I still think they're better together than apart, though.  And I think this show is better than Clinton's, which is not really saying much.

• Love 3

Tracy was okay. Vintage clothing is tough to pull off if it's not worn properly - i.e. a piece here and there that is well-fitted. Some of the dresses would have worked better if they had been hemmed. I didn't get the white gloves - especially her having 100 or so pairs. The style seemed a bit affected and costume-y. Maybe I just don't go for the 'granny chic' look. I was sympathetic to her losing her mother at a young age. The after look didn't hugely wow me. Tattoos and extensive body art are not my thing. The hair was good and gave off a Joan from 'Mad Men' look.

• Love 1

Week 3- Brittany

Before look - short, clubwear-inspired. Fanny packs. Pineapple prints. Transitioning from working at a school (?) to a beauty salon. Not with that wardrobe. Fashionably edgy is one thing, when there is a bit of a line. Maybe a cool pair of shoes or some jewelry. Killer heels are painful on concrete floors. Scaring off your clients is not cool.

Canadians don't have access to some US stores unless online (current low dollar makes US shopping prohibitively expensive). I do wonder where the makeover ladies buy some of their attire.

Last week's white gloves were replaced by the fanny pack.

Best line of the night was Stacy's remarking that *she* was 'Cruella DeVille' and ate puppies. Nice to see her wit.

Makeover gave Brittany a more adult, approachable, and glamourous appearance.

I would like to see the photo that the random 'jury' receives. I found it a bit off-putting that one of those who commented felt that the woman in the photo looked more trustworthy as the person deemed her to be stylish and took care how she dressed/presented herself. Anyone can frame/create an 'image' of someone by putting on particular clothing. Of course I would look more favorably at someone who has combed his/her hair, and is wearing something nice. The reality is that outfits can be changed, and talk is cheap.

This week is Gena.

I wondered where she actually wore that see-through 'mermaid' top - maybe to a club. I found the large neck tattoo distracting and a bit overwhelming. Maybe it works for a more creative job field. It may hold you back in more conservative fields or simply doing life stuff like looking at apartments, condo boards, taking kids to school. Body ink just isn't my thing. I wonder if she will still like it 30 years from now.

Most of her shopping clothes fit fabulously. I did like the final look and I did like the hair and the hair colour. Hope she keeps it up.

Week 5 - Janelle

Just meh overall. Similar to what I've seen on coworkers and others in the downtown office core. Long, boho type skirts, odd tops. Polo tops, many many plaid shirts. Surprising for a woman who is an interior designer. Don't know if it's for home type clients or industrial clients. Her attire vs her design aesthetic was really off. Few customers will take her love of minimalism with a bohemian kick seriously. A sweater set with the long, flowy skirt may work, along with the skirt, a tunic, and a nice belt.

Makeover was okay. She looked more professional. Just an underwhelming episode for me.

I'm another viewer. See, I actually liked last week's "Janelle" episode. While she was pretty sloppy, she was a nice departure from the usually slutty clothes, head-to-toe tattoos and atrocious hair. Even Stacy seemed to be thrown a loop as to what to do. It was also refreshing that Janelle wasn't a perfect size 2, like the MOs usually have been, nor was she in her 20s.

Once they had the makeup on her, I thought with the heavy-lidded bedroom eyes, that Janelle had a bit of a young Susan Sarandon vibe going on. She definitely looked much more professional. I loved the dress she was wearing in her final reveal. I doubt that actually came from the Dress Barn, but it was beautiful!

BTW: Also nice to see Stacy shopping at more realistically-priced stores.

• Love 1

Week 6 - Savannah

Psychology degree? Circus-type performer. Initial wardrobe a façade to cover up bullying/cyberbullying - better to have a fake wardrobe for folks to criticize than see the real girl. For me, something didn't quite ring true about the bullying claims and there was much more that went on. Especially if some occurred on Myspace (social media site with clear rules). Not my business, though.

You will experience people hating you - just because you exist.

Wasn't fond of the over-the-top initial look - complete with the peacock print shoes. Except for going to a club, it wasn't exactly what you'd wear during the daytime.

I did like the end look and I did like the store that Stacey chose. Savannah's brows were filled so they didn't give her a 'mean' look. The knee-high gladiator sandals have been in style for spring for the past couple of years and should also work this spring. The glitter pumps looked like the Jimmy Choos that I've been eyeing at my local Holt Renfrew.

I do wonder if there is some sort of chat with the makeover about clothing, what sorts of stores/shops would the makeover be comfortable visiting in the future - styles, prices, budget, etc. One new outfit does not a change make. Only a catalyst. It's a difficult habit to break in terms of buying stuff from cheap clubwear shops. Fast fashion that disintegrates/falls apart after a few wears. And usually has an odour.

Week 7 - Geraldine/Geri

Accomplished woman but channeling Vivienne Westwood and not in a good way. As head of the classics department at Columbia, having three degrees, working for magazines, I wondered how she got away with her wardrobe. Yes, in the drama or fine arts department, quirky would be acceptable. I work at an educational institution. Casual wear is fine, but you do deal with people and have to dress accordingly. The student is increasingly becoming the customer.

The men under 35 would be attracted to her for her fun and charming personality and her wit. And the inherent coolness and retro punk from the 70s and 80s. She probably went to a Clash or Sex Pistols gig. The younger guys probably would have been embarrassed about her wardrobe.

She didn't seem too interested in the shopping trip.

I did like the final look. It kept her appropriate enough to work at a university but give enough of an edge to not turn folks away. She would be an interesting woman to go for cocktails.

Week 7 - Geraldine/Geri

Accomplished woman but channeling Vivienne Westwood and not in a good way. As head of the classics department at Columbia, having three degrees, working for magazines, I wondered how she got away with her wardrobe. Yes, in the drama or fine arts department, quirky would be acceptable. I work at an educational institution. Casual wear is fine, but you do deal with people and have to dress accordingly. The student is increasingly becoming the customer.

She is full of shit about running the classics department at Columbia.  She is listed on their website as a "department administrator" which makes her nothing more than the head admin. in the Classics Department.  I once worked at a university in NYC as an admin. so I can easily spot the bullshit.  No department at Columbia would ever let anyone in a professional capacity dress like that.  And believe me, I'm from NYC and know how a certain amount of kookiness can be tolerated in academia - Just not to anywhere near that extent.  That said, I actually appreciated Gerry but only after the makeover.  Before that she looked like some crazy NYC bag woman of the 80s who was off her meds.  She really isn't crazy but the look was.  Given her Facebook page I was right that she is one of those aging glam rock culture people of 45 years ago who in some ways never grew out of it and only got more ridiculous with age.  NY is renown for its beloved "kooks" like Gerri.  I actually think they are an endangered species that should be protected, but she really needed to change her image in a big way for work.

http://classics.columbia.edu/contact/

https://www.facebook.com/Gerry.Visco

• Love 1

Snarklepuss, I didn't look her up. I assumed she had a more academic job, where she may get some leeway in terms of appearance, especially when she wasn't teaching or having meetings.

I grew up in the post-punk era and do incorporate some of my love for that era in a bag, jewelry, or pair of shoes.

Week 8 - Tori

Student in the arts. Creative, all over the place style. Too many looks at once. With a little editing, some of her before outfits could work. Just like Coco Chanel - remove a couple of pieces of jewelry or in this case clothing, before heading out anywhere.  I didn't mind some of the pieces - individually. Maybe get rid of the big, heavy, cloppy shoes. Some of the steampunk stuff was fun - just a little less wearing of everything including the kitchen sink.

The after look was more suited to a young student. The crop top would not work on a lot of people, but for a 20 year old? Why not! She seemed happy with the look and saw herself as beautiful.

I liked Tori's "before" look, but would like it more with the "after" hair and makeup.  It looks like Stacy appreciated her fashion sense too and actually learned from her - That's got to be a first.  I've been watching Stacy since 2004 and never saw that before!

Week 9 - Desiree

Nursing student, 25, rock chic. Wearer of 'what happened to your pants'? Kind of a trainwreck. Fishnets worn as clothing, and seriously inappropriate student attire. More for a nighttime trashy club or metal gig. Seeing myself as a bit of a post-punk-princess, I do admire some 'rock' wear. Being a bit older, I keep it to a hint here and there, like studded shoes or a more punky bracelet or earrings. However, her almost everything but the kitchen sink taps look wasn't doing her any favours. I did wonder how far along she was in nursing studies and hoped she'd eventually start to wear scrubs.

I did like the makeover. The tattoos were a bit more covered, the hair was a vast improvement and the softened makeup made her look a lot better. Stacey's outfit suggestions have been a bit more edgy lately and I've liked that. I also liked Stacey's trousers.

Week 10 - Emily

Sparkle Princess. Starting to hit her mid-thirties and afraid of an SUV and boring adult attire. Lots of sparkle, sequins, gaudy jewelry/accessories/sparkly shoes. Not so great fried and dried hair. Cute dog. Found her a bit meh. She does remind me of someone I know, but just can't place.

I shop at Joe Fresh. Things for work, casual stuff too. Some workout wear. I do avoid the footwear.

The final look was okay. The hair was greatly improved - better colour. I wasn't 'wow' for this week's ep.

For all the meaningless opinions from the 'public' about the makeover's final look, there really hasn't been a bad outfit. I wish the show was a bit more like 'What Not to Wear' in that the audience at least had an interest in the makeover's story and cared more. A day of shopping, a new outfit and having a glam squad help out is great! I wouldn't mind it. Does the makeover go home and wash her hair and then reapplies her usual makeup and does her hair the way she likes it? I have no idea if the makeover will continue to dress as before, or be inspired to change, or to be given a list of 'rules' to shop by, along with a list of stores that would be a good fit for the makeover's less 'run from you' style and budget.

Week 11 - Gabrielle and Stephanie

I guess the season is coming to a close - an hour of spandex power!

All the spandex from the before looks was making me itch. And also remember the Olivia Newton-John  'Let's Get Physical' video. Change to red spandex. Both makeovers - tight, provocative attire.

Gabrielle - the psychology master's student with a penchant for skimpy outfits - the shorter, the better; the more low-cut, the better.

Stephanie - the mom wannabe entrepreneur starting her own mobile beauty business. Too short and skimpy clothing. Embarrassed her children.

I don't get the issue with taking off the makeup. I don't sleep in my makeup and unless I'm going out on the weekends, don't wear much then and give my skin a break. Yes, you are bare, and it may be uncomfortable, but your skin will love you. The makeup is a nice suit of armour and security blanket.

Gabrielle seemed more open to change than Stephanie. Both really didn't want to give up their old style or make a slight adjustment to wear less clubwear clothing. I liked both reveal outfits and would love to be able to afford a pair of leather jeans. Here, anything decent is in the $500-1000 plus range.  Plus expensive dry cleaning costs.

As a mobile hairstylist, Stephanie also needs to deal with her body art/tattoos. Some clients may be open to her tats; a hint of her tats may be what is best for the run-of-the-mill person who may or may not be fond of a lot of tats. I doubt either woman will change their style much unless forced to (getting a job in their field and being forced to dress a bit more conservatively). I did like Stephanie's purple hair and wouldn't have minded an outfit similar to Gabrielle's final look. I also wanted Stacey's shoes from both episodes.

I thought Stephanie looked 15 years older with her makeup. Much better fresh-faced, and the show's makeup artist also did a better job with her makeup. When she showed up with her own makeup, she looked much older than her stated 31 -- I seriously thought she was going to be one of those "you're dressing way too young for 50!" episodes -- and the proverbial rode hard and put away wet.

Week 12 - Tanya and Kelly

Tanya is looking for a wedding dress that fits her retro-chic style. I did like the bright hair. She formerly had been in the financial area (stockbroker) but had embraced her true self. Not a huge trainwreck; just quirky. I thought Stacy's blue shoes would have worked better with the wedding dress. Did like the veil, the new hair colour.

Kelly - someone with a start-up fashion/jewelry line. Beach meets hoik up the girls not-so-chic in order to avoid a wardrobe malfunction. Not being taken seriously in the fashion world. Um, no. Would not remove her blue contact lenses. I get it but take 'em out and you can wear them whenever you want. I have hazel eyes and there are days I would prefer a different colour. I don't wear glasses and I really don't want to be putting in colour contacts. I liked the Karen Millen store. None where I live and I usually shopped there when in the UK. Her final look matched what she wanted - a more professional beachy bohemian chic that allowed her to showcase her jewelry designs.

It was really interesting to watch the funny banter between Tanya and Stacey vs. the tense awkwardness that hung between Kelly and Stacey. As much as she tries to remain helpful and professional with all her clients, there are some that you can really tell she likes a lot more more than others. Which would be expected. We all don't have the same level of comfort with all the people we meet or work with, but it was just interesting to see both ends of the spectrum displayed in this episode.

Stacey's giggling over Tanya's "evil cupcake" tattoo vs. Kelly's colored contact lens rebellion and how much it irked Stacey was a good example.

• Love 1

I would think the same awkwardness would occur with more high-profile clients. They may go through a few stylists before finding one that they can work with/listen to. Granted, some of the Hollywood types live only on the attention they get by getting their names in the news/column inches.

I still wonder what many of the makeovers get from the show except for a day of shopping, a nice outfit, and a new hairstyle. Do some keep the new look for a couple of weeks, or go back to their closet the next day and clip in the hair extensions too?

• Love 1

Pizza bagels unite!  I'm a pizza bagel too and I loved that.  I also loved Stacy's bleeped out WTF at the "evil cupcake".  Is that a "thing" or something that I don't know about?

I felt sorry for Kelly - her teeth, ugh.  She can't even close her mouth.  Talk about wanting people to take her seriously, those teeth won't help.  If I were here I'd start a page on "go fund me" for those.  I loved the clothes at that store Stacy took her to.

I didn't think that I really wanted to know about the 'evil cupcake'.

I also noticed Kelly's teeth and that at some point, she may be facing some pricey dental work. Maybe she can get her jewelry business going and put some of the profits toward her smile. Or get a job with a decent dental plan that covers some of the cost.

The Canadian makeover show in the mid-2000s, 'Style by Jury' had a similar set-up. The makeovers would have a 'jury' analyze their look, and then they would spend about a week with the host, a visit to the dentist for cleaning or veneers or whatever, a session with a life coach or counsellor, and then shopping and a hair style. The show would end with another 'jury'.

Clothing selection is a bit limited where I live. Many stores have gone out of business in the past year. Stacy takes the makeovers to some really interesting shops.

Week 13 - Jackie and Liz

Another night and day double episode.

Jackie, the 22 year old going on 12 'cat girl', complete with scroodie (scarf crossed with hoodie). Nothing made me meow, but I did laugh uncontrollably at the size of Stacy's drinks throughout the episode. Right to the end, where she probably could have downed an entire bottle of martinis in one glass. A young, immature girl who has had no structure, no purpose, no real anything in her life.  No real plans for her future, no plans for an career. Just seeing that 'glitter' was a colour. No concept of any sort of style, unless it involved a cat print. Clothing was what she fit in when she was 12 or 13. Cats everywhere. Reminds me of a coworker who carried a cloth cat carryall bag/purse til she was past 35. Very few clothes at the shop did anything for her. Granted, was very lost. She was eager and bubbly, but there wasn't much there.

Liz, a recovering addict, at 32. Looked much older. Drug addiction, jail time, lost custody of her child, but still managed to get a college degree and a job in social media.  Way too many tattoos, which were hindering her, along with her pin-up style. Slowly turning her life around. Good luck to her. I liked almost everything she tried on. A refreshing change from the previous makeover. I do hope she continues to turn her life around.