Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

(edited)

Canadagraphs has photos of the filming of episode 6x16 "Nightmare in National City" on his blog. Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, Jesse Rath and Katie McGrath were filming. 

ETA: Apparently the director of 6x16 has posted about wrapping the episode. That means episode 6x17 will start filming next week. 

Edited by Oreo2234

Sorry I don't know how to link to the direct source, but apparently Mehcad Brooks is in Vancouver, and Azie posted a video of him on set on her instagram; so it looks like James will make an appearance in the series finale.

That's great; I hope they are able to get as many former cast as they can.

• Love 2
On 5/9/2021 at 10:11 AM, Trini said:

Not sure how long ago this was updated, but I'm pretty sure this is a new synopsis for Season 6; from CW's PR page for Supergirl:

Have we heard anything about the new villains? So far it's only been the Phantoms and Nxy.

And it's notable that Staz Nair isn't in the list of regulars, even though his name is still in the opening credits.

I just came in and saw this. William may be in the regular cast, but he's not really part of the SuperFriends who were listed; as was alluded to, he's more like Lois Lane back in the "OMG I can't let her find out my secret identity!" days.

As someone who admittedly watches the show to see an attractive blonde solving problems with fantastical powers and violence, the synopsis does not fill me with hope.

(edited)
40 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

Have we heard anything about the new villains? So far it's only been the Phantoms and Nxy.

That synopsis is so vague, generic, and cliche-ridden  that I read it as applying to the entire final season, not just to the back half. I wouldn't read too much into it regarding anything specific planned for the show's return on August 24.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1

Sorry I don't know how to link to the direct source, but apparently Mehcad Brooks is in Vancouver, and Azie posted a video of him on set on her instagram; so it looks like James will make an appearance in the series finale.

Helen Slater (Eliza) also posted about returning for the finale.

Canadagraphs posted a blog with pictures from the filming of episode 19. Most of the main cast was present and Jon Cryer and Brenda Strong were there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I like the actors but I was hoping to see less of the Luthors in the last season. I think the show has done a lot with them in the last couple of seasons. I wish we would see more of Kara/Alex and J'onn but I feel like that won't happen. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Found out about a pretty major spoiler from the Supergirl set today.

They shot a funeral scene. There are pictures of Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood, Katie McGrath and Julie Gonzalo on set dressed in black.  Other cast that were seen on set include Chyler Leigh, Nicole Maines, David Harewood, Azie Tesfai, Jesse Rath, Jeremy Jordan, and Mehcad Brooks.

I'm not sure who would have died to bring all of them together for the funeral. Maybe they have the cast member whose character is dying on set to avoid spoiling it? Other productions have done things like that. Though I don't know if the CW cares that much about spoiling these things. 

Edited by Oreo2234
8 minutes ago, Trini said:

:(

I hope no one from the past or present cast is dying! It's not that kind of show. But if I'm forced to take a guess, Cat Grant? Kara's Dad?

Cat Grant was the first person I thought of too, but Kara's Dad is a good guess. I have a hard time believing they will kill off one of the core characters - maybe if the show was continuing, but I don't see why such a glass-half-full show would make such a depressing series finale.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe its William. Apparently Katie McGrath and Julie Gonzalo did a scene today where William's name was on a plaque in a foreign language. It looked like he might be getting a school named after him. 

I have a hard time believing they will kill off one of the core characters - maybe if the show was continuing, but I don't see why such a glass-half-full show would make such a depressing series finale.

I agree. It really wouldn't fit the tone of the show to kill off one of the major characters in the finale. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2

I guess he's the most expendable, but I don't want William to die either. Especially if they're still going forward with him as Kara's love interest.

Or maybe the funeral is a fake out? Like, a character is leaving (Earth?) and their "death" is the  explanation for their absence.

(edited)

They shot a big scene today for the finale with all of the current heroes and some returning characters like Mon-el, James,Winn and Eliza.

I heard David Harewood, Chyler Leigh and Nicole Maines have all finished filming their last scenes in their superhero suits. 

Edited by Oreo2234

The trailers give way more information, but here's the synopsis for 6.08:

"Welcome Back, Kara" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV- PG, V) (HDTV)

SUPER FRIENDS REUNITED! - As Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Zor-El (guest star Jason Behr) make their return to National City, they are determined to keep the Phantom Zone behind them and enjoy being superheroes together. Unfortunately, their overzealous efforts backfire, creating a whole new threat to National City.

The episode was directed by Armen V. Kevorkian and written by Dana Horgan & Jay Faerber (#608). Original airdate 8/24/2021.

Goodbye post from Jesse Rath: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSSIE8JJjBO/

jesse_rath

That’s a series wrap on @supergirlcw thank you to all the amazing cast and crew. It was the ride of a lifetime. Even though yesterday was our last day, it still doesn’t really feel like it’s over yet because the back half of our season still has to air. So get ready for some kick-ass episodes and an ending you’re all going to love. El Myarah💜💙💚💛🤍❤️

@melissabenoist
@chy_leigh
@davidharewood
@azietesfai
@nicoleamaines

📸 by @jamesjhowells
Staged by #katiemcgrath

#supergirl #brainiac5 #sentinel #gaurdian #martianmanhunter #dreamer #superfriends #cw #wb #arrowverse #dc #powerrangers #itsmorphingtime

6.09 synopsis:

"Dream Weaver" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV- PG, V) (HDTV)

SUPERGIRL AND KELLY TEAM UP - Kelly (Azie Tesfai) meets Joey (guest star Aiden Stoxx), a young orphaned alien boy, who is acting out in foster care because he fears there is something wrong with his brother Orlando (guest star Jhaleil Swaby), who is incarcerated. Kelly asks Kara (Melissa Benoist) to help her investigate and they stumble upon abuse at the prison.

Meanwhile, Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) crashes one of Nia's (Nicole Maines) dreams and asks her for help.

The episode was directed by Shannon Kohli and written by Karen E. Maser & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#609). Original airdate 8/31/2021.

Matt's Inside Line:

Any info on Kara and Lena’s reunion in the Supergirl summer premiere (airing Aug. 24)? –Olivia

They briefly hug…? But beyond that, Kara’s quite preoccupied after realizing that Phantoms terrified National City in her absence, while Lena is busy helping save the day (and noticing that a fellow team member is in quite a funk).

6.10 synopsis:

"Still I Rise" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV- PG, V) (HDTV)

NIA SPENDS TIME WITH HER MOM - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) intervenes when a building in the Heights that was set aside for low income housing is suddenly at risk to be sold to a major corporation. Supergirl recruits Orlando (guest star Jhaleil Swaby) to help her win over the city, but things go awry when Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) shows up. Meanwhile, Nia (Nicole Maines) trains with her mother (guest star Kate Burton).

The episode was directed by Jesse Warn with story by Jess Kardos and teleplay by Nicki Holcomb & Jen Troy (#610). Original airdate 9/7/2021.

3 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

Supergirl.tv has photos from episode 6x09 Dream Weaver. I don't recognize the apartment/house Alex, Kara, Kelly, J'onn and Dreamer are in. Did Alex get a new place?

Maybe, because Alex's apartment looked different. I doubt it's J'onn's place.

6.11 synopsis:

"Mxy in the Middle" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV- PG, LV) (HDTV)

THOMAS LENNON RETURNS AS MR. MXYZPTLK - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and team must stop Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) from vanquishing a familiar face from Supergirl's past - Mr. Mxyzptlk (guest star Thomas Lennon). Mxy returns and explains Nyxly's dark history to the super team in the best way he knows how - in song form. Meanwhile, Lena (Katie McGrath) visits her mother's birthplace in Ireland, eager to dig into her past but is shocked by the small town's icy reception towards her.

The episode was directed by Glen Winter with story by Rob Wright and teleplay by Elle Lipson & Chandler Smidt (#611). Original airdate 9/14/2021.

There's going to be singing!

Edited by Trini

CW updated the synopsis for 6.11; the new sentence:

... Meanwhile, Lena (Katie McGrath) visits her mother's birthplace in Newfoundland, eager to dig into her past but is shocked by the small town's icy reception towards her.

So... Lena's not Irish?

6.12 synopsis:

"Blind Spots" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV- PG, V) (HDTV)

"SUPERGIRL" STAR AZIE TESFAI CO-WROTE THE EPISODE DIRECTED BY DAVID RAMSEY -

Kelly (Azie Tesfai) is horrified when the Ormfell building implodes, injuring many in the community, including Joey (guest star Aiden Stoxx). However, her horror quickly turns to frustration when she realizes that the hospital is overwhelmed, people are getting sicker, and no one is coming to help - including Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) who is busy fighting Nyxly (Peta Sergeant).

Knowing that she can make a difference, Kelly embraces her power and fully steps into her role as Guardian. Joined by Supergirl, Alex (Chyler Leigh), Diggle (guest star David Ramsey) and team, Guardian leads the way to restoring justice to the fallen community.

The episode was directed by David Ramsey and written by J. Holtham & Azie Tesfai (#612). Original airdate 9/21/2021.

On 9/2/2021 at 10:01 PM, Primal Slayer said:

This feels like another after school special episode. 

this backhalf of the season doesnt seem to have a tight direction for something that is in the final season and in the process of wrapping up.

The synopsis also makes no sense.  Kelly is fed up and Supergirl is too busy to help out.  Therefore, she'll step up and lead a team that.... includes Supergirl.  So I guess she really wasn't that busy after all.  Especially because the best solution to an overwhelmed hospital is to go out and punch people.  It's OK to leave them in the street if they're baddies. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

The synopsis also makes no sense.  Kelly is fed up and Supergirl is too busy to help out.  Therefore, she'll step up and lead a team that.... includes Supergirl.  So I guess she really wasn't that busy after all.  Especially because the best solution to an overwhelmed hospital is to go out and punch people.  It's OK to leave them in the street if they're baddies. 

Presumably, Supergirl initially blows Kelly/the hospital off, but then comes around and helps out in the end.

Again, considering that Kara could within a few hours airlift the entire set of patients to hospitals across the country, or rebuild the imploded hospital in National City, or probably do a half-dozen things I haven't thought of, the notion that Kara is too preoccupied/busy to help with a simple task is not a great look. I don't mind highlighting issues, but would prefer that they didn't do it at the expense of either taking time from the main character, or making her look incompetent or indifferent, or sometimes all of the above.

6.13 synopsis:

"The Gauntlet" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV- PG, LV) (HDTV)

SUPERGIRL MUST PASS THE TEST OF COURAGE - Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and team race Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) for control of a magical totem that controls courage. Supergirl and Nyxly battle and each get a piece of the totem but learn the first person to pass the test of courage will gain control of the entire thing. Meanwhile, Lena (Katie McGrath) is still struggling to make sense of her newfound gift.

The episode was directed by Tawnia McKiernan with story by Dana Horgan and teleplay by Jay Faerber & Brooke Pohl (#613). Original airdate 9/28/2021.

------

I hope this episode isn't as dumb as this description sounds.

11 hours ago, Trini said:

It's interesting how the Batwoman and The Flash also used Diggle to mentor and/or encourage the next Black (super)hero.

Well, unfortunately they're not willing to make him do something more interesting by exploring the Green Lantern ring, so the original (black) Arrowverse sidekick has to give pep talks to his successors.  He kind of did the same with John Henry Irons too.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Well, unfortunately they're not willing to make him do something more interesting by exploring the Green Lantern ring,

I know some people want this, but why would any of the shows fulfill Arrow's teases when they have their own plots to worry about? Unless they're making Diggle/Ramsey a regular cast member and have DC's approval, it's going to be nothing but cameos and more teasing anyway.

That being said; the next best chance for Diggle Green Lantern is the 'crossover' on The Flash in November. It's showrunner seems more into this than the rest.