Type keyword(s) to search

Eye Candy - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I actually liked the show or it at least made me want to watch next week. I will say though Victoria needs to learn how to cry better. She was epically bad in that death scene with the Ben dude. I do love that Lindy is not white washed. I give Victoria props for always playing a Latina. I like her best friend. She looks like Keira from Austin and Ally. I'm also embarrassed that I know this.

• Love 4

I liked it too and I knew that Ben was going to die as soon as he left his gun on the ledge so he could screw his gf (who was being targeted by a serial killer/stalker) out in the open on the rooftop. He was probably the worst cop ever and the surprising thing was that he lasted as long as he did. 

• Love 4

I was already kinda meh on this show, and then I've accidentally read the spoiler who's the killer in the book (apparently this is based on some book). It doesn't really make much sense based upon what's been shown in the pilot, so maybe they'll change it, though.

Anyway, the minute she hooked up with the ex I knew he was either a bad guy or toast. I would have preferred the bad guy route, though, even if he's a pretty bad actor.

A lot of hot guys. Well, it's called "Eye Candy" for a reason, I guess.

Didn't care about any of the character, the "hacking" was as Hollywood as ever, don't really care about stalkers and serial killers, and this one didn't change my mind.

Pass, unless it gets better.

Edited by FurryFury

I had heard from a young person I know who the "killer" is as well.  Which, yeah, left me baffled when watching this.  They're clearly taking this an entirely different direction and based on what I've heard, that's a good thing.

Maybe we need a spoiler thread to discuss that more?  Not sure this show is even worth it.

I really liked it. Total bummer about Ben. I love Daniel Lissing (the actor that plays him). Thought Ben and Lindy had great chemistry. Definitely wanted him to stick around.

I'm still in though. My type of show.

Interested to see where it goes next.

I really liked it. Total bummer about Ben. I love Daniel Lissing (the actor that plays him). Thought Ben and Lindy had great chemistry. Definitely wanted him to stick around.

I'm still in though. My type of show.

Interested to see where it goes next.

Agreed!! Are you a fan of When Calls the Heart? He's on that as a series regular if anyone wants to catch it. Very different from this role. 

I know people have said he was kinda wooden but I thought he was restrained. I felt a bit j***** on Lindy and his back story and him biting the dust so soon was crummy but I'm in. I like MTV shows like this. (Finding Carter is another fave of mine)

It really does have beautiful people and I always like the soundtrack they put together. 

I'm in!

Standalone book.  I didn't read it, but I had a student who read it and- upon watching the pilot episode- I asked them for some details about who the killer was (partially because I wasn't sure I wanted to watch the show).

I'm pretty sure the show has changed the killer to be someone else.

I didn't read the book but from what I understand from people who have read it its definitely different. Lindy has a different occupation and the set up is a little different. 

I actually liked the show or it at least made me want to watch next week. I will say though Victoria needs to learn how to cry better. She was epically bad in that death scene with the Ben dude. I do love that Lindy is not white washed. I give Victoria props for always playing a Latina. I like her best friend. She looks like Keira from Austin and Ally. I'm also embarrassed that I know this.

Lol the friend is Kiera from Austin and Ally! I adore Kiersey Clemons! The crying scene at the end was a little cringe worthy but I did see some improvement in Victoria's acting from Victorious. 

The crying scene at the end was a little cringe worthy but I did see some improvement in Victoria's acting from Victorious.

I'm liking Victoria in this. This is a far cry from her tween role on a Nickelodeon show and good on her for going for it and branching out.

I was already kinda meh on this show, and then I've accidentally read the spoiler who's the killer in the book (apparently this is based on some book). It doesn't really make much sense based upon what's been shown in the pilot, so maybe they'll change it, though.

So Ben then? I'm completely unspoiled but this seems to be too much of a hint.

In any case, I wouldn't mind him coming back because eye candy. In fact, I enjoyed the ep far more than I expected to. How long is this series and will they wrap up the mystery this season?

omg the acting on this show is so bad but i may continue to watch

the gay best friend - terrible

the black girl - gag worthy

the boyfriend - makes me naseaous im really tired of shitty male actors getting a pass that shitty female actors generally don't get just because women find them attractive

• Love 1

A bit late to the party, I saw an add for the show and found it on demand.  I liked it so I'll keep watching it, but the set up threw me a bit. 

Unless were going to find out a reason for it, the kidnapping scene was bizarre. OK, so Lindy was trapped behind two other cars in the drive-thru and both doors were blocked, but what was the excuse for the guy in the front of the line for not noticing the several seconds of a girl screaming and being dragged into a black panel van?  Or either vehicle she ran over the top of, seemingly being totally undisturbed by Lindy running on them?  Did I miss something?  What could they have possibly been focused on that would have made them ignore the screaming girl running on their car roofs? Are the burgers at that place that good?

I feel kinda bad, but I'm glad Ben is gone.  I cannot say if the actors had chemistry.  I was too put off by his initial scene flirting and holding her leg overlong while removing the ankle monitor.  It wasn't all that clear to me that they'd had a serious relationship (during which he was investigating her?) so it came off as SUPER inappropriate use of authority.  Once I realized they been in love (still baffled by her arrest angle) it was slightly less weird, but still not really a cool way to force continue a conversation with your, show up and conduct her ankle monitor removal. 

I'm interested in the other cop.  He seemed to have more charisma in his 2 scenes than Ben in all of his combined. But again that first scene prejudiced my viewing of Ben.

The Sophi was good and I liked her.  Lindy and she seemed to have good friend chemistry and I didn't find her too over the top as the token "slightly wacky/hipper side kick friend."  The other one, Connor?, seemed ok.  He didn't have much to do but, he seemed fine at it.

• Love 1

This show is going to be like Pretty Little Liars where the lead is going to accuse every creepy person but they end up dead isn't it? If only Eye Candy had a Troian Belisarios who can work a terrible script. I lasted 5 and a half seasons because of Troian. Not sure I can last 5 episodes of Eye Candy even though I like Victoria. I guess I'll continue to be happy that no POC has died yet...

Well, it's clear the other detective (Tommy?) likes Lindy. I do like the actor playing him. Love the boss lady cop, she's spunky! I think Victoria Justice is doing a good job as Lindy.

I am, however, truly amazed they are not all dead seeing how the killer is apparently the be all end all brilliant and unstoppable guy and the good guys seems to be little better than the keystone cops. Cyber crime cops and a brilliant hacker shouldn't be getting played quite this much.

That being said I really like the show and look forward to more episodes. I am entertained so far.

OK, why are they so sure that the killer has to be one of the three guys?  I realize he's using her chat name and contacted her through flirtual, but still.  All they are going on to assume that it's one of the guys she spoke to that first night is the killer saying it was nice meeting her that night.  I don't even think he specified that they talked. Who the hell knows what he meant by "meet"?  He could mean that he saw her on the program and/ bumped into her at some point on the floor or, hell, just saw her profile. I get focusing on the guys she actually met; but everyone, the cops included, seem to be assuming it could ONLY be one of those three guys.

I find that the guy who plays Connor and the guy who plays the cop (Tommy?) look a lot like.  I don't confuse them or anything since Connor has that crazy over-styled hair and really they're generally styled as complete opposites, but when they were talking to one another by the murder board, it was sort of surreal.  It was like Connor was talking to his James Dean obsessed alter-ego.

Whatever, this show is fine.  I enjoyed it.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

So, at the very beginning of the episode, when the killer melted the girl's face off? Considering it all occurred in a quiet spa and she was (understandably) screaming her lungs out, how did he not get caught? Full disclosure, that could totally have been explained afterward, but I fell asleep after that opening scene and didn't wake up again until Lindy was in the junkyard with Reese. 

Speaking of, I have a very early theory that all of the men that have died/will die after getting close to Lindy (because that seems to be a recurring theme here) are the actual killers. Like, maybe this is a Scream scenario and there's more than one killer. I'm not really clear on any kind of motive but, you know, I won't let that stifle my creativity. It never stopped Jessica Fletcher. 

I'm all about suspending disbelief for TV shows, especially those on MTV, but I found it a little farfetched that Lindy was able to hack into the car (which had already been hacked into by the killer) with nothing but a USB cable and cell phone. Like, do you know how long it takes my iPhone 6 to boot up an app sometimes? And I'm supposed to believe she's into the car's computer in mere seconds? Sureeeeee, writers. 

ETA: And something else (which, again, I could be totally off-base about)... the Australian dude is a suspect, correct? But haven't we heard the killer's voice, which doesn't have an Australian accent? So unless my theory is correct and there indeed is a bunch of dudes in on it, it's not that guy. I mean, obviously neither Lindy or the cops are privy to the same information we are, but I just thought I'd point it out. 

So far, I really like this show. I had no intent of watching it, but decided to watch the pilot on YouTube and I've been hooked ever since.

It might be too early to figure out who the killer is, but I think it's Connor, Sophia's friend, and he might be working with someone else. I don't know what his motive could be going after Lindy, but there's something suspicious about him like when he was taking pictures of those photos that were up on the board when they were with the police. Then again, I suspect everyone on these type of mystery/thriller shows lol so next week, I'll probably think it's someone else.

I am really enjoying this show.  I hope the ratings improved since last week.

Definitely have the hots for Tommy!  Would love to see a slow burn where he gets together with Lindy!  

Still have no clue who the killer is!  I would dislike for it to be either Connor or Sophie.

• Love 1

I decided to watch this because of Casey Deidrick (Tommy).  He was my favorite on Days of our Lives and I was sad when he left.  So far I like it ok.  I hope it doesn't go on as long as PLL where no matter who the killer is in the end, no way it will make any sense.

I know this show is not going to win any awards but I am enjoying it enough to stick around for a bit. At least with the boyfriend gone I wasn't distracted by how much he and his BFF look alike. What is with the gay guy friend taking photos of the crime board, weirdo!

This has the feel of Pretty Little Liars which is why I will watch if far longer then Is healthy and sane. Oh boy here we go again. How are the ratings for this anyway? It is MTV so do ratings even matter?

Edited by Chaos Theory

This has the feel of Pretty Little Liars which is why I will watch if far longer then Is healthy and sane. Oh boy here we go again. How are the ratings for this anyway? It is MTV so do ratings even matter?

I'm pretty sure the ratings have been terrible so far.  Like an 0.2 in the demo and only 626,000 total viewers for this episode. 

Edited by ihavenoidea

Watched this on MTV's youtube channel, and I liked it well enough. It has potential.

As for the acting, you typically need to allow the actors time to settle into their characters. Some shows take longer than others to settle in. I'd give it a few more eps.

I can't believe they killed off Mountie Jack :(

I wonder when Lindy and whats-his-face will be caught and fired from their desk jobs.

I'm pretty sure the ratings have been terrible so far.  Like an 0.2 in the demo and only 626,000 total viewers for this episode. 

They've been posting the episodes on youtube the day after airings. The first one got way more  views than it did on TV. The second one had low views.

So... ok.  It's a bit of a ghost town in here.

This show is so damn dumb.  I totally enjoy it anyway. 

I felt sorry for the kid that their prank accidentally got his friend killed; but is anyone going to mention the fact that he and his friend committed several felonies with by breaking into that boat and then locking their friends in a hold for HOURS?  Also, his almost suicide attempt was significant destruction of property. 

Edited by RachelKM

This episode felt like a completely different show, like they were trying for a hip version of Law and Order or some other procedural.  How convenient for them that the serial killer took a couple days off to allow the time to focus on a completely unrelated case.

• Love 5

I like it....

Okay, I fancy Tommy a bit and that is my main reason for watching the show.... But still!

Normally I'm not really a fan of thrillers, but I am really enjoying this show. I think that this episode was an odd one, and doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the episodes in subject matter or tone, but I still did like it. Sometimes it's nicer to have a bit of lightness.

That said, I do hope we get back to the serial killer storyline, that's what got me hooked and I don't really find Lindy compelling enough to watch the show just for her. 

• Love 1

I'm enjoying this show and I'm enjoying admiring Tommy.  This was an okay episode, I figured that this would somehow tie into the overall serial killer story line but looks like it was a stand alone.  

I did roll my eyes when Tommy was helping Max out of the attempted room of death and the crowbar fell.  Because, of course it did.  When TV shows see a chance to have an explosion and create OMG!-a-main- character-might-be-injured-moments, they take it.  Snarkiness aside, I may not have been surprised if Tommy bit it in the explosion because I was shocked that Ben was killed off so quickly.

I finally watced this episode. I liked it. It was a nice fresh break from the serial killer story where the serial killer is so brilliant and everyone else is so stupid. At least in this one the good guys solved the mystery.

In any case I enjoyed the episode.

I liked this week's episode better than last week's too because I felt that this one tied in better with the whole Flirtual killer plot.

As always, my theories about who the killer is changes with every episode that I watch. I thought it was Connor at first because Tommy is too obvious, but it could even be Sophia at this point. I do think that the killer and the hacker Bubonic are connected.

The Thief Lord (that's what I call the bubonic because he pretty much had the same mask that the kid wore in the book) is what kind of confused me. He has a past with Tommy, knows the boss dude, and apparently knows of Lindy too and tells her the police are hiding stuff from her?? I'll probably have to rewatch the episode.

I don't think Connor's boss is the actual killer, but I do think he's a villain of some sort.

Well Lindys milkshake brings all the boys to the yard doesn't it. How many guys are obsessed/in love with her and we have only had a few episodes. A couple cops, a stalker, cute accent guy, her date that got killed. Am i missing anyone? She must be working some kind if voodoo because they all fall hard and fast.

Is it wrong of me I was hoping Conner would get killed but no luck his date bit it instead.

The Thief Lord (that's what I call the bubonic because he pretty much had the same mask that the kid wore in the book) is what kind of confused me. He has a past with Tommy, knows the boss dude, and apparently knows of Lindy too and tells her the police are hiding stuff from her?? I'll probably have to rewatch the episode.

Apparently, Tommy was the one that was after him for hacking and he blames the police for the death of who seemed to be his girlfriend.

Bubonic worked with Hamish, Connor's boss, to get back at the police on the one year anniversary of the crime he committed.

Lindy mentioned she was going to work for Bubonic at some point before he turned bad. I guess he told her the police was hiding stuff from her because he seems to be working with Hamish who wants to convince her to work for him and not the police.

Hope that clears some stuff up, but I'm also ashamed I remembered so much lol.

Does anyone else think the australian guy's a bit dense?

This may be because I prefer Tommy to every other guy on this show, but he spent a lot of the episode just stating the obvious. 

'If I tamper with it it will explode'

'Then don't tamper with it'

No shit sherlock. 

No problem, HoodlumSheep! This show has become a guilty pleasure for me too.

^ The Australian guy does seem a bit dense, but there's something suspicious about him too.

Edited by Steph619