Type keyword(s) to search

I didn't have high hopes from the very beginning, but I'm still disappointed.

This show just didn't follow the "format" enough for my liking.

What happened to the part at the end of every finale where they have a little photo of each housewife and some information on how they've been since filming? Why did it cut off so suddenly?

Where's the reunion?

Even the long taglines bugged me. Why were they grabbed from the episodes, not recorded in a studio?

Ugh, ITV you have failed. Australia and Canada did it well, why couldn't we!?

Maybe I'm too picky.

You're not too picky at all. I had all those complaints and more. Do they even have an official website or a RHOCheshire Facebook page to promote the show? Despite what I saw as setbacks I still committed to watching until the end and this end was just..rather abrupt. 

I thought this show would've aspired to a "glossy" look, but the combination of Botox, faces overstuffed with fillers, giant whiter than white teeth, weird shiny/oily makeup, harsh lighting and a total lack of any sort of filter on the HD cameras makes this show incredibly difficult to look at. All of the little undulations of their skin from the pockets of fillers along with all their pores, accentuated and served up on HD TV.

• Love 2

I too can barely understand these women.  I mean I made it through the accents of RHoM, but with Cheshire I'm going to have to put on closed captioning.  Which will annoy the rest of my family when I inevitably forget to turn off the closed captioning and someone starts yelling from the living room "HOW DO I TURN THIS STUPID LETTERING OFF??".

• Love 5
combination of Botox, faces overstuffed with fillers, giant whiter than white teeth, weird shiny/oily makeup, harsh lighting

Sounds like business as usual for The Real Housewives!  I liked it enough to watch again, I didn't have any problem with the accents.  Dawn did remind me of Liz Hurley, loved it when someone mentioned it at the end of the show.

I did have to google Sunderland though, had no idea what it was.

Edited by sugarbaker design

Yeah, its a poor substitute for my Ladies of London, but its okay for running in the background when I'm bored. I thought it was trashy and I couldn't understand half of what they were saying, but then nothing they are saying is worth paying attention to anyway.  Do people this materialistic actually exist in the world? They all seem extremely shallow and ignorant of how they are coming off.  

• Love 2

I had a hard time following these ladies, more than Melbourne. But the only one I truly felt I needed close captions for was Dawn. Magali seems to have an accent from somewhere entirely different; anyone know where? Why does Cheshire seem to be such a wealthy place? It seems like a small town in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't think of a U.S. equivalent. All wealthy US towns and villages that I can think of seem to be in the proximity of a major city.

The whole storyline of whether one housewife is trying to attend another housewife's charity ball gratis has been done in season one of Real Housewives of Miami, so I am not too drawn in by that. I'm looking forward to the blatant displays of wealth though.

Ampika is suffering hard from rocks in socks syndrome. She needs to get the girls to a surgeon, and get them lifted ASAP.

Dawn did remind me of Liz Hurley, loved it when someone mentioned it at the end of the show.

Yes, very much so!

Magali seems to have an accent from somewhere entirely different; anyone know where?

I'm almost ashamed to admit this but I Googled her with the same question and she's Dutch.

• Love 2

Yeah, its a poor substitute for my Ladies of London, but its okay for running in the background when I'm bored. I thought it was trashy and I couldn't understand half of what they were saying, but then nothing they are saying is worth paying attention to anyway.  Do people this materialistic actually exist in the world? They all seem extremely shallow and ignorant of how they are coming off.

Yep. Look at every other iteration in the Real Housewives franchise.

• Love 2

I forgot about Darby's group. Not to kill a kid's dreams but they sounded a hot mess and should keep their sights on uni.

They were dreadful, from the terrible choreography, to the awful singing. The problem, was not that the bass or treble or anything was off, other than the group itself.

• Love 4

Why does Cheshire seem to be such a wealthy place? It seems like a small town in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't think of a U.S. equivalent. All wealthy US towns and villages that I can think of seem to be in the proximity of a major city.

Cheshire is just outside Manchester and it's also close to Liverpool, so a lot of athletes and footballers live there. It's also very picturesque. (I've never been but my partner's aunt lives there and he has visited many times.)

• Love 2

So Ampika is divorced with one child? How does she keep up with the maintenance on that house? I'm assuming she got it in the settlement.

I'm finding it hard to keep all of their families straight. It seems like they're all married to football players, except one, whom I can't remember. Dawn has four older kids, Leanne has a couple of young ones, Tanya has two from a prior relationship, plus a third. What about Lauren and Magali?

I can't believe Leanne let her kids cook without washing their hands. Disgusting. Equally as disgusting is having half-naked waiters. Who wants that? Their body hair can get in your food! WTF was that bathtub scene with Ampika?

• Love 2

I'm finding it hard to keep all of their families straight. It seems like they're all married to football players, except one, whom I can't remember. Dawn has four older kids, Leanne has a couple of young ones, Tanya has two from a prior relationship, plus a third. What about Lauren and Magali?

Yep, Lauren is the only one whose husband isn't a footballer. Her daughters won't be seen on the show. Magali has three sons.

• Love 1

I forgot about Darby's group. Not to kill a kid's dreams but they sounded a hot mess and should keep their sights on uni.

It was killing me that Dawn was referring to them as a band, when they're a vocal group, or more specifically posing as a vocal group.

Equally as disgusting is having half-naked waiters. Who wants that? Their body hair can get in your food! 

There was hundred times more hair on top of their head than on their upper body, should they have worn hair nets?  Give me a young shirtless waiter anyday!

There was hundred times more hair on top of their head than on their upper body, should they have worn hair nets?  Give me a young shirtless waiter anyday!

Ach, in my perfect, quasi-OCD world, the waiters probably would be wearing hair nets (and eyebrow nets). So don't mind me. I'm a little quirky.

I thought it was nice, if unexpected, how all of the women treated the weight loss issue of the girl in the "band." Lol at " the band" btw. But I'm not sure how genuine it was. Everyone except Dawn was completely nonjudgmental about someone having six weeks to get in shape for a public appearance, and not taking advantage of that opportunity. It's odd, because for the most part, these women's bodies are insanely on point. Tanya even talks about being thin in her tag line. So it's important to them, but they don't judge others who don't share that ethos. Is this for real? It doesn't seem really real. I don't know if this is true, but I get the impression that speech is generally more politically correct in England. They have hate speech laws that would not withstand Constitutional scrutiny in America, and I think the way society views all types of speech gets affected because of these laws, or lack of same. On the other hand, I feel like the Ladies of London would be on this like white on rice. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall when the cameras were down.

• Love 1

WTF was that bathtub scene with Ampika?

Women watch this show, and what woman wants to see that? (Although I admittedly giggle at Ampika's Tori-Spelling-level-bad boob job. She always has them out, and that cleavage looks massacred).

• Love 1

The thrill of watching these ultra-trashy ho-wives from another land has really worn off. Gah, this episode was so boring. I think I've had my fill of bad makeup jobs on sweaty complexions (which seems to afflict all of them). Not to mention their godawful accents which make my ears bleed.

• Love 2

The thrill of watching these ultra-trashy ho-wives from another land has really worn off. Gah, this episode was so boring. I think I've had my fill of bad makeup jobs on sweaty complexions (which seems to afflict all of them). Not to mention their godawful accents which make my ears bleed.

ITA. I would have rather watched an entire episode of the gorgeous horses in the fields and not seen the ho-wives at all.

• Love 1

The thrill of watching these ultra-trashy ho-wives from another land has really worn off. Gah, this episode was so boring. I think I've had my fill of bad makeup jobs on sweaty complexions (which seems to afflict all of them). Not to mention their godawful accents which make my ears bleeW

Ampika's lip liner...ugh! 

• Love 2

Tanya's book is ridiculous. I thought she was kidding when she said how many words were spread over five pages until I saw a shot of an actual page. I paused for a better look and the writing was atrocious. It looked like one of those joke books you give as a gag gift. I wonder if she self-published.

Enough with the healing crystals and wacky treatments to try and stay youthful looking. None of it works. They all look older than me and I have a decade and a half on most of them.

Leanne needs to STFU about the charity ball tickets. It was none of her business to begin with and she seems more bothered about it than Dawn.

Despite Lauren's callous attitude towards her hubby, I like her the best ... so far.

• Love 2
Glitter-Covered Turd

By Phil on 4 Feb. 2015

Format: Paperback

How to achieve everything you've ever dreamed of by having a positive attitude and 'taking action when necessary'.

In this book, Tanya describes how she took (gave) 'action' when necessary (when money was available) in order to achieve (fast-track) her life goals (lavish lifestyle) by marrying a Premier League footballer. This incredible feat is surely worthy of writing a book about, isn't it? No, no it is not.

You will find more depth in a puddle, and more words in Clifford the Big Red Dog.

Seriously, this book is a glorification of all that is classless and shallow - dressed up as a huge achievement on the part of the 'author'. The fact that she genuinely believes she has gained everything she has (mostly material bollocks) by working hard, being positive, and 'taking action' as opposed to just meeting, sleeping with, and ultimately, marrying a footballer, should tell you all you need to know about the 'advice' in this glitter-covered turd of a book.

Time reading this book could be time better spent at the local nightclub, drinking yourself into a state worthy of a footballer's attention

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Just-Girl-Who-Got-All/dp/1497402034/ref=la_B00K1AXKZQ_1_1/279-6884626-9589366?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1448828714&sr=1-1#customerReviews

That review was everything.

I actually prefer this one and RHoMelbourne to the American versions which I gave up on years ago. Yet I still watch the spinoffs, Don't Be Tardy and Vanderpump Rules. Different strokes and all that.

• Love 2

I can see the women being obsessed with their own bodies and not wanting that to continue into the next generation -- with their own daughters, or any girl. I don't see it as hypocrisy, though they did dive in pretty fiercely, instead of just letting Dawn gracefully backtrack.

• Love 1

I did not know about this show and just caught it on demand. It's trashy like RHM or RHAtlanta (which originally had so many footballer wives, like this one).

Ironically I just returned from a trip to Manchester and Liverpool! (It wouldn't have been my first choice but hubby had business there so I tagged along). There was a point on the train from Liverpool to Manchester when I wanted subtitles for a young man who was sitting behind us. He was speaking English but his Scouser accent was impenetrable. A big mush of words.

On the topic of accents, I find the Cheshire accent to sound Scottish-ish. I looked on a map, and though Cheshire is in northern England, it's not, like, bordering Scotland. For anyone who knows the UK, is the accent in northern England, in places like Sunderland, just more and more Scottish-sounding until you reach Scotland, or is this accent specific to the Cheshire/Liverpool/Manchester area? I love learning about accents, but it's hard to find anything on YouTube.

• Love 1

Yes - basically it's the equivalent of being on the pole. Magali didn't spill any beans, dumbass Leann volunteered the information. Although next week it looks like Magali is accused of saying it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Table_dance

Table dance, or bartop dancing, is typically an erotic dance performed at (or on) a patron’s table, as opposed to on a stage. In some jurisdictions, a table dance may be an alternative to a lap dance, due to laws preventing exotic dancers from making contact with customers.

Edited by Feline Goddess
  • Love 2

I really enjoy this iteration of the franchise - certainly much more so than any of the other international editions - and wish it inspired more discourse here. Although I have to echo the general dissonance vis-a-vis the accents, the narrative, while somewhat manufactured, is still credibly organic and I personally find the cast generally enjoyable. Tanya is actually quite practical and astute ("you're not ruining my night, you're ruining your own night"). Dawn's husband is fine. Leann is a twit but tolerable when not behaving like a lunatic around black women. And while I generally abhor finger-pointing, I have to sympathize with Magali's exasperation around the cast. It really seems like the "black bitch" paradigm is in play here with LA accosting her, making intimations about Magali's reputation, and then screaming like a banshee when her target - comparably calmly - responds in turn. Love that Magali is assertive and disinclined to back down but doesn't shriek at ear-splitting decibels.

• Love 3

That review was everything.

I actually prefer this one and RHoMelbourne to the American versions which I gave up on years ago. Yet I still watch the spinoffs, Don't Be Tardy and Vanderpump Rules. Different strokes and all that.

After the fatigue of the other franchises, Cheshire and Melbourne are quite refreshing compared to their counterparts.

• Love 1

Why does Ampika always look so greasy?

How behind the times is Cheshire? All these women look like extras in a 1980s MTV video. Or a Jane Fonda workout tape. Their hair, makeup and fashion all look thirty years behind the times.

• Love 2

Why does Ampika always look so greasy?

How behind the times is Cheshire? All these women look like extras in a 1980s MTV video. Or a Jane Fonda workout tape. Their hair, makeup and fashion all look thirty years behind the times.

I think they just managed to pick a group with really tacky taste.

even though I find Tanya to be a riot.

I do too.  She seems to get what the show is about and not take herself (or the others) too seriously.  While Dawn and Ampika were having their 'argument' at the table, Tanya was making funny faces at Leanne.

For a professional woman of a certain age Dawn sure uses the word 'like' too much!

What kind of spa has falconry or duck herding as guest activites? Any RH worth her salt would be gone!

Agree with the poster up thread saying that Leanne is the real shit stirrer. She goes in search of it to stir constantly. And that dress at dinner! Faux transparent panels all over and length barely to her bits! If it didn't fit so unattractively, I'd think she was still stripping.

Edited by Merriwind

Leanne is such a hot, classless mess. Rather than greeting Lauren civilly , she brings up unpleasantries from the dinner party immediately. Who does that? Also, what was she wearing to that party? As though the pattern wasn't monstrous enough, peeks of her doughy middle sticking out were too much. And her hair and face just always have a sort of greasy unwashed look to them. She may have married a footballer and think she's done okay, but she's not fooling many people I think. She is the real trash in this group.

I enjoy Tanya's self deprecating humor. She seems a bit tipsy maybe in some of her talking heads and obviously finds herself quite hilarious.

Edited by Merriwind

Dawn is so contrary. Lauren suggests freezing eggs isn't a good idea, so she wants to be told she can freeze her eggs just to prove Lauren wrong. Dr tells 5-10% chance of IVF and not a great chance of conceiving naturally, so they're off on a baby making mission. Doctors who examined her recommended a hysterectomy. Dr who has known her 5 minutes asks one question about periods and declares she doesn't need a hysterectomy, so she's not having one. Are we really to believe these 40-somethings want a baby? I think not.

Reminds me of the Tamara peeing on a stick drama on RHOC a few seasons back.

I agree about Leanne. She has got to go. Brings nothing!!

Dawn found a doctor who told her what she wanted to hear. Sort of. He said the odds of conceiving naturally were probably better than IVF. But IVF was 5-10% so he could've meant 15%. And just because she's already had four children doesn't guarantee anything.  I agree with the other women who say she dampens the mood whenever she's in the room. I think she believes everyone should worship her and gets frustrated when they don't. 

If Ampika is only 33, I don't know why she thinks her baby-making days are behind her. I like her relationship with her ex. 

Lauren claims she doesn't get along with her husband - but every scene seems to beg to differ. I had to laugh at Sweetie's birthday party getting more airtime than Leanne's daughter Halle's. 

Tanya is hard to look at with her over-inflated lips and capped upper row of teeth. She's another one who thinks way too highly of herself. 

This episode really made me like Lauren's husband much more. He reminds me of my cousin's husband (also British), who is sort of the definition of a cheeky chap and likes to push your buttons. But when push comes to shove, he will be the most caring man and tell you what you need to hear. I liked getting to know the husbands better. Mark and Ashley must be saints to put up with such crazy (ex) wives.

I still love Tanya and Magali but they're sort of it, for me. I think Lauren's a rude snob and Dawn is just bizarre. Leanne is just such a sycophant. I did find it hilarious that Wes Brown clearly has 0 interest in being on the show.

Was I the only one who didn't quite believe Ampika when she said she was going to be her father's full time caregiver? I'm a caregiver for my mom with moderate Alzheimer's and it's hard work. Especially when you own your own business and have a child.

Okay, obviously I am in the minority here, but I don't get what is so bad about Dawn. Sure she is snotty, but unless I missed something, other then the stuff with Magali in the beginning, I have not seen her be nasty to anyone. I also don't understand why everyone insists on making a big deal about her wanting more kids. Just nod, say okay Dawn, good luck and move on for crying out loud.

I do not like Ampika or Lauren. They are both shit stirrers and talk out of both sides of their mouths. No Ampika, you would not say something right to Dawn's face. You went running to bad mouth her to the two guys.

Also, I like Tanya, but Dawn totally did not "poke" her like she said and I did see Dawn kinda swat her and then apologize.

Lauren is just too rude and fake. I don't mind Leanne too much. Magali is fine too, but we really don't see that much of her.

I also call bullshit on Ampika taking care of her father.